Able to leverage prior extensive work experience and learning to design and implement innovative technical solutions to complex problems. Review implemented technical solutions, document lessons learned, and recommend improvements where appropriate. Participate in the resolution of critical and complex design and implementation issues. Learn new software tools quickly. Has background in mixed platform development, and unit, system and integration testing. Demonstrate ability to work on multiple projects. Mentor less experienced technical personnel. Possess skill in communicating with all levels within an organization and with external vendors. Is capable of working independently.
- Pharmaceutical Svcs
- Financial Systems
- Personnel Benefits
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Credit Card Services
- Time & Attendance
- Inventory Control
- Order Entry
- Mail Order
- Data Warehousing
- Fixed Assets
- General Ledger
- Standard Costing
- IBM 9672
- IBM 4341
- IBM 3090
- IBM PS/2
- AMDAHL V7
- IBM S/360/370
- COMPAC DESKPRO
- DELL PENTIUM
- VS - COBOL
- COBOL II
- PLATINUM Products
- EASYTRIEVE PLUS
- IBM Utilities & JCL
- IMS XPERT
- SDF II
- Serena Dimensions CM Web Client
Confidential, Chicago, IllinoisORACLE DBA
- Developed, tested and implemented modifications and enhancements to a large in-house claims processing system.
- One Value Based Insurance Design (VBID) project required a new CICS on-line process to communicate with a new Web service via MQ Series to retrieve based prices (RBP).
- Developed, tested, and implemented numerous corporate “across the board” (ATB) processes to mass update GCPS application files.
- One Purge/Archive project required the long overdue execution of processes to strip millions of terminated contracts or groups from active files and to archive them to a separate repository.
- This remediation dramatically improved the efficiency and throughput of production jobs accessing these affected files.
- Designed, developed, and implemented process to generate report in batch via online user request.
- Retrieving data from multiple sources, new report identifies members that have approached or exceeded their deductible and/or out of pocket 75% maximum threshold.
- Designed variations of this Overage Report process to produce separate new report for Confidential Integration Recon Summary project and to produce new file for Change Healthcare Accums File project.
- Developed, tested and implemented enhancements and modifications for the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Environment: Healthcare insurance; IBM ; AIX/UDB, MQ Series; COBOL II; TSO/ISPF, ENDEVOR, BRAD, FILE MASTER, INTERTEST, SFTP, VISIO, SPUFI; VSAM, DB2; CICS
Confidential, Bannockburn, IllinoisORACLE DBA
- participated in numerous system enhancement projects.
- Implemented changes for the Medicare D, and AdvancePCS and Confidential integration initiatives.
- Scope of work included system analysis, creation of detailed specifications, mainframe software development, creation and execution of test cases, and design/code walkthrough reviews.
- On one Order Reships project, developed a COBOL/DB2 stored procedure that retrieved reship pharmaceutical information for a JAVA front end inquiry process
Environment: Pharmaceutical; IBM ; AIX/UDB, MQ Series; COBOL II; TSO/ISPF, CHANGEMAN, XPEDITER, FTP, Serena Dimensions CM Web Client, BrownStone Solutions, VISIO, SPUFI; VSAM, DB2; CICS
Confidential, Deerfield, IllinoisORACLE DBA
- Developed, tested, and implemented new application to create a Data Mart for one of the company s major customers.
- This application extracts consumer retail private label account information from a mainframe DB2 database system.
- The data is compressed and transmitted to a mainframe in a different data center.
- There it is forwarded to a UNIX server to populate an Oracle database that houses the customer s new Data Mart.
- The customer then has access to their information through the use of the web - based reporting tool, Cognos ReportNet.
- Responsibilities also included documentation, creation of test data, and the coordination of testing activities with two offsite developers.
- Also participated on other projects to modify FACET, an in-house data warehouse containing store retail private label and co-brand credit card information.
- Made program and JCL changes to accommodate the inclusion and update of new data elements and the expansion of existing fields.
Environment: Finance; IBM ES9000; MVS/ESA; COBOL II; TSO/ISPF, SMARTTEST, PLATINUM Fast Unload, PKWARE, FTP, QMF, SPUFI; DB2
Confidential, Chicago, IllinoisORACLE DBA
- Worked on the development of a Lumber/Building products application.
- This system will support a new business line for the company.
- It facilitates customer inquiry of products, generation of purchase orders, and invoicing.
- Responsibilities included the testing, debugging, and modification of numerous CICS on-line modules.
- Also responsible for problem resolution and user support of a Commodity products CICS on-line application.
Environment: Retail; IBM 3090; MVS/ESA; COBOL II; TSO/ISPF, CHANGEMAN, XPEDITER, NDM, VISIO, SPUFI; VSAM, DB2; CICS
Confidential, IllinoisORACLE DBA
- Participated in a project to develop software to convert IBM Assembler source code to COBOL II source code.
- Was responsible for testing and quality assurance of this new conversion product.
Environment: Technology; A/S 400; IBM Assembler, COBOL II
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IllinoisORACLE DBA
- Worked on projects to modify MAX, a large in-house financial revenue system.
- Enhancements were for the purpose of accommodating new international business lines.
- Analyzed areas affected and identified programs requiring modification.
- Wrote detailed design documents for both on-line and batch programs.
- Coded, tested, and implemented numerous COBOL II programs to produce new business reports.
- SQL coding necessitated complex joins/unions of multiple logical and physical table views.
- Also worked in the production support areas of problem resolution and user assistance.
Environment: Finance; IBM 3090; OS390; COBOL II; TSO/ISPF, ENDEVOR, TELON, XPEDITER, PLATINUM, OMEGAMON, SPUFI; DB2; CICS
Confidential, Long Grove, IllinoisORACLE DBA
- MIRA project consisted of enhancements to process and utilize reserve information produced by an outside vendor.
- Participated in business user and technical staff meetings to identified new data flows and new screen display requirements.
- Assisted DA and DBA in the design of new DB2 tables using the insurance industry standard Confidential model.
- Worked with DBA to resolve table and index issues as they were encountered in development.
- Wrote and implemented new CICS on-line modules to update the resident VSAM and new DB2 application files.
- EDI Release II project addressed new state mandated requirements that necessitated enhancements to the FOCUS system.
- Interviewed application users to identify issues with the original file requirements.
- Developed and tested numerous CICS on-line modules to display the approximately 200 additional data elements being required.
- Wrote new batch COBOL II programs and modified production jobs to accommodate the new interface structures that were needed.
Environment: Insurance; IBM 9672; OS390; COBOL II; TSO/ISPF, ENDEVOR, XPEDITER, SDF II, PLATINUM, SPUFI; VSAM, DB2; CICS
Confidential, Chicago, IllinoisORACLE DBA
- A large merger project to convert and in corporate member information from newly acquired company, Confidential
- Met with business users and technical staff in the preliminary analysis and planning phases.
- The conversion effort included the update of relational databases on mainframe DB2 and HP ORACLE platforms using IBM’s DATAJOINER distributed systems software.
- Participated in development of the MDB (Member Database) “replication” process.
- Member information maintained on an HP ORACLE database is extracted and transferred to update DB2 and VSAM files on an IBM mainframe.
- Designed, coded, and implemented one of the three major components making up this process.
- Designed, coded, and implemented several applications to upload/download data files between mainframe and HP platforms using NDM (NetView Distribution Manager).
- Developed and implemented an application to generate Combined Member statements.
- These statements were produced in a format required for laser printing.
Environment: Retail; IBM 3090; MVS/ESA; COBOL II; TSO/ISPF, CHANGEMAN, SMARTTEST, DATAJOINER, NDM, VISIO, SPUFI; VSAM, DB2; CICS
Confidential, Illinois and Northfield, IllinoisORACLE DBA
- Integration of an HP UNIX work-in-process application with a mainframe IMS inventory control system. Designed, coded, and implemented IMS DB/DC programs utilizing the MICRO FOCUS middleware product Confidential (Application to Application Interface).
- Enhancements to ROCET, an order replenishment and logistics system. Developed and implemented changes to numerous on-line and batch IMS programs. Enhancements included the replacement of IMS database s with new DB2 table counterparts.
Environment: Distribution; IBM 3090; MVS/ESA; COBOL II; TSO/ISPF, ENDEVOR, XPEDITER, OMEGAMON, Confidential, SPUFI; DB2, IMS/DB; IMS/DC
Confidential, Schaumburg, IllinoisORACLE DBA
- Worked on modifications and enhancements to MAX, a large in-house financial revenue system.
- In conjunction with programming, developed the impact, conceptual and detailed design documents associated with these changes.
- CICS programming included complex DB2 calls with sub queries and multiple table unions and joins.
- Ran EXPLAIN’s and worked with DBA’s to fine tune SQL calls in existing code.
- Participated in the production support areas of problem resolution and user assistance.
- Developed numerous EASYTRIEVE PLUS query programs to fulfill business users’ ad-hoc report requests.
Environment: Finance; IBM 3090; OS/MVS; COBOL II; TSO/ISPF, PANVALET, TELON, XPEDITER, EASYTRIEVE PLUS DB2, SPUFI; DB2; CICS
Confidential, Omaha, NebraskaORACLE DBA
- Participated in the detail design of CUBS, a new uniform telephone billing system.
- Wrote technical specifications using METHOD/1 and Warnier/Orr design techniques.
- Developed and tested numerous IMS batch programs that calculated and produced monthly telephone statements for area customers.
- This application replaced three existing local billing systems.
- It resulted in the eventual closing of two regional data centers, which saved the company several million dollars in yearly operating costs.
- Modified EIS application to in corporate an employee benefits subsystem.
- New process provided for the enrollment and payroll withholding of multiple medical, dental, and 401K plans. Supervised two client programmer analysts in the coding and testing phases of this project.
Environment: Communications; IBM 3090; OS/MVS; COBOL II; VSAM, TSO/ISPF, LIBRARIAN, INTERTEST, IMS XPERT; METHOD/1; IMS/DB