- Proficient in Installation, Troubleshoot, Maintenance and technical Support for Oracle (11g and 10g) Databases, Grid Control, RAC and OEM.
- Experienced in Performance Tuning such as tuning of application, shared pool, buffer cache, I/O distribution, rollback segments, and redo mechanisms.
- Highly skilled in Oracle DBA - Installation, Administration, creating Backup & Recovery Strategy Implementation, Performance Monitoring/Tuning, Encryption and Database Security for Databases having more than 300+ users.
- Maintenance and development of database objects like Queues, Tables, indexes, Stored Procedure, constraints, triggers, Table & Index Partitioning, DB links, users, roles, profile and SQL NET and Listener.
- Experienced in planning and implementation of Backup and Recovery strategy, used physical backup and logical backup using EXPORT/IMPORT, Expert in disaster recovery.
- In-depth knowledge of setting up RMAN backups using control file and Recovery Catalog, and maintaining catalog schema. Proficient in creating auxiliary and duplicate databases using RMAN.
- Strong knowledge in Migrating Oracle 10g to 11g.
- Strong technical and analytical skills with excellent interpersonal and communications abilities.
Hardware/Software: ORACLE 11g/10g/9i SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Linux, TOAD, ERWIN, Oracle Grid Control, PLSQL, OEM, HP-UX 11.0, HTML, Java, Visual Basic, and MS office.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Oracle Database Administrator
- Performs regular health checkup of production and test databases and performance of Oracle application system.
- Performs backup and recovery using RMAN, Flashback Technology and user managed backups.
- Managing and performing Tablespace Management, Undo Management, Redo log management, Control file management, online Redo log management and user privilege management.
- Administer and manage the Oracle Instance using custom scripts and 10g Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) database control and Grid Control.
- Performs Database tuning such as memory tuning, Application tuning using tools like TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, PLAN TABLE, HINTS, ADDM, and SQL/Session TRACE.
- Performs database physical and logical design and procedures for Production, Development, Q&A, Test and Training servers.
- Supporting standby database and performs failover and switchover from primary to standby database when needed using TAF.
- Performing Database or schema level refreshes using the traditional EXPORT/IMPORT and Data pump or backup utilities.
- Utilized Oracle 10g Data Pump IMPORT and EXPORT utilities to implement database setup and successfully performed active failover in the event of production failure.
- Creating and managing LOBs. Creating Regular views, sequences, partitions, and refreshing Materialized Views as needed by the development team.
- On-call database support.
Confidential, Frederick, MD
Jnr IT Specialist - DBA
- Created and configured database by making changes to the Initialization Parameters in parameter file and dynamically in session
- Performed backup and recovery using Oracle 10g's user managed backup such as automated or manual cold backup and hot backup procedures.
- Wrote scripts for informing the DBA’s regarding the status, performance and Space Management of the Database.
- Performed tuning such as database tuning, SQL tuning such as query optimization (RULE and COST BASED), AUTOTRACE, and SQL Profile.
- Prepared and reviewed database specifications, testing and changing control management programs migrations. Upgraded the database from 9i to 10g database and applied database patches (CPU).
- Worked with IT support to ensure secure access to database and applications by configuring and limiting access to servers and folders; managing users, groups and memberships, managing LDAP directories using Oracle Identity Manager (OID/SSO), tuning, capacity planning and connectivity issues.
- In depth knowledge of setting up RMAN backups and recovery, RMAN tuning, and maintaining catalog schema. Proficient in creating auxiliary and duplicate database using RMAN.
- Wrote several ad hoc scripts for daily DBA activities such as backups, user creations, granting roles and privileges, archiving of alert logs, verifying error entries and checking for space usages/overages.