- Oracle certified Oracle Applications Database Administrator with Over 15 years of hands on experience with demonstrated successes designing and implementing database solutions that improve business functionality.
- Specializing in Oracle Fusion 11g, Oracle Database Administration, 11i/R12/E - Business Suite Implementations, and Upgrades with specific focus on architectural design, platform migration, and automated/web based pro-active solutions.
- Over 15 years experience as an Oracle Applications Database (11.x to 7.x), E-Business Suite Applications Administration(R12.x,11i,11.0.x), Oracle Fusion Administrator (11g, 10gAS, 9iAS), Oracle Identity management, (OID/OAM/SSO) 11g, 10g, Technical Support, Database Design and Software Development, Oracle Replication, Monitoring and Tuning, Backup and Disaster Recovery.
- Hands on expertise includes cross-platform projects,11i/R12 ERP Implementations, data backup/recovery, database and application performance tuning, disk layout planning, and high availability planning installing, capacity planning and configuring hardware/OS and Oracle databases & tools per the organizational requirements.
- PL/SQL, C, Pro*C, SQL*Plus, Unix Shell Scripts under SUN Solaris, HP/UNIX, AIX and Microsoft Windows environments
- Proven track record of hiring, training, and leading successful teams of database administrators.
- Soft skills include strong communication, documentation, support skills with technical and non-technical users, troubleshooting & problem solving.
- Resourceful and flexible coordinator with superb organization in fast-paced DBA settings.
Oracle Application Releases: Oracle Applications 10.7, 11.0.3, 11i, R12
Oracle Application Modules: Oracle Financials, Human resources, Order management, Payables, Purchasing, Receivables, Inventory, Service, Customer support, Advanced supply chain planning, Self service web applications, iPayment, iStore, Install base, Quoting, Sales online, Oracle Applications Server Products (iAS) Family.
Oracle databases: 8.0.5.x, 8.0.6.x, 8.1.6.x, 8.1.7.x, 9i, 10g and 11g
Operating Systems: Solaris Operating system (SPARC), Linux x86, HP Tru64 UNIX, IBM S/390 Based Linux, AIX Based systems, Microsoft Windows NT Servers
Hardware: Linux Dell Power Edge Servers, Sun Microsystems SunFire Servers
Sr. Fusion/Oracle Applications server DBA
- Planned, executed and monitored number of projects for Forest Service NRM( Natural Resource Management) Application on Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g integrated with, OID, OSSO/OAM, Netegrity Siteminder and ESRI products.
- Upgrade NRM applications from 10gAS 10.1.2.x 10.1.3.x to Fusion 11g 184.108.40.206/11.1.2
- Upgrade OID/SSO from 10g to Fusion 11g
- Migrated NRM application from software to hardware load balancer
- Migrated production and non production Application server from Sun 68000 to M5000 servers.
- Annual DR recovery exercise to COOP Site
- Migration of single non production environment to multimode load balanced environments.
- Documented lessons learned and added to knowledge base.
- Supported training environments for Forest Service University program
- Trained other DBAs in the group on 10g Application server/ 11g Fusion
- Coordinated with Development and Testing teams for successful deployment releases.
Sr. Oracle Applications DBA- Lead DBA
- Lead a team of over 15 DBAs and serving as DBA expert.
- Mentored 6 recent graduates to junior DBA positions in under 6 months
- Manage vendor relations; work with cross functional teams like Unix administrator, development teams, Network team and functional teams.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures and provided recovery options for critical path items for e-Business Suite Application version R12,11i, and 11.0.3
- Provided early forecast capacity for management and recommend upgrades and patches.
- Serve pro active role for prevention, detection, identification, and resolution of technical issues in the hosted and outsourced environment.
- Lead the upgrades of Oracle applications from different releases and versions. The latest upgrades were from 220.127.116.11 to 12.0.4 and then to 12.0.6 and also upgraded 11.5.9 to R12 version 12.1.1.
- Lead the database upgrades from different releases, 8i to 9i, 9i to 10g, 9i to 11g and 10g to 11g and version upgrades by applying the latest patchsets.
- Installation of 11i and R12 applications and databases.
- Enabling SSL on 11i applications and 10gAS using openssl and wallet managers.
- Installation of 10g AS for portal, discoverer using different topologies as per the business requirements
- Integration of 10gAS with 11i to enable Single Sign-on and Portal
- Implemented SSO with 11i e-Business suite and Microsoft Active Directory for couple of clients
- Installed and configured Enterprise Performance Management (Hyperion) Application 18.104.22.168 for various modules.(FDM, HFM, ESSBASE, Planning, Financial Reporting)
Sr. Oracle Applications DBA
- Key role in upgrading database and migrating oracle application from various clients to Confidential
- Worked closely with the application development team for the Bug Fixes and Escalation, Application performance tuning using Parallel Query and table partitioning.
- Setting up Concurrent Managers, Report Review Agent, ADI, Workflow.
- Teamed in supporting Oracle istore Application integrated with 11.0.3
- Integrated Custom Applications, database objects, and application files.
- Installed Oracle8 Server 8.0.x, 8.1.x and Oracle Applications 11i (11.5.8/7/4/3/2/1 ),11.0.3
Oracle Applications DBA
- Installed Oracle8 Server 22.214.171.124.0 and Oracle Applications 11i,11.0.3 and Sizing/Capacity Planning efforts for the Oracle Database and Applications
- Implemented comprehensive Backup/Restore mechanism using Legato Backup Utility.
- Installed and Configured Oracle Web Application Server 3.0.2 and Oracle Developer 2000 Server 1.6.1
- Integrated Custom Applications, database objects, and application files
- Tuned Concurrent managers, database server
- Applied the Interoperability Patches, Oracle Applications 11i,R11.0.3 Maintenance Pack and D2K Patch set