Hardware: Mainframe, IBM 360/370/43xx/3090, RS6000,AMDAHL, UNIVAC 1005/9200/9300 DEC/VAX, Mini/Micro/PC, BURROUGHS, B50, HP700, IBM Series 1/Systems 32/34/38, IBM - Compatible, XT.AT.PS2 5100 5110, TANDY TR880 Models ¾ PDP-11, NCR Star Server "8", Star Station, IBM RS6000
Operating Systems: OS/MVS, DOS/VSE, VM, UNIX, DOS, OS/2, WINDOWS, UNIX/LINUXWINDOWS 95/98/2000/XP,7, SERVER 2000/2003/2008 ,AIX
Languages: COBOL, COBOL II, Macro Level COBOL, Assembler, FORTRAN PL/1, RPGII/III, Macros, C/C++, BASIC, Java, CGI/Perl, SQL, shell programming ADS-Plus
WWW: Apache, BEA WebLogic, Tuxedo
Vendor Packages / Process: M&D, McKesson, PeopleSoft, COPICS, HL7/EDI (others), CSC Colossus, PMSC
Tools: Expeditor, Smartest, Intertest,WB,MS Visual Studio,MF WB, Toad, Benthic
Communications: TCAM, VTAM, TTRAN, RJE, MF(TP), IMS/DC, CICS/BMS, TCP/IP,HTML
Business Environments: Manufacturing, Distribution, OilGas, Software Metrics, Insurance Medical/Health, Telecommunications, Payroll, Accounting, Engineering, Sales Inventory, Routing, Aircraft, Billing
Databases: Oracle,SQL SERVER,DB2,MySql,VSAM,XDB,MS-ACCESS,SYBASE,ISAM,IDMS,IMS/DL/1
- migrate data warehouse from 9I to 11g RAC/ASM including developing project plan, hardware and O/S requirements, installing all software, configurig SAN lunsvalidation of data migration, applications.
- IMB DB2 v7/v8 DBA - daily monitoring of system and tuning as required.
- Review all sql for production, including explains, changes needed.
- Resolve application job issues as required.
- Assist in resizing subsystem for production loads.
- Review and assist in planned upgrade to v8-v9.
- MS-SQL Server 2000-2005-2008 DBA
- Ensure all servers and databases are accessable and current on all software patches.
- Establish and exercise recovery procedures. Review daily monitoring reports to resolve any issues noted.
- Review application sql for production for tuning and assist in troubleshooting applications. Create SSIS packages and reports for various DBA needs and application request.
Oracle and MS-SQL database administrator
- Ensure 24/7 availability for all production databases.
- Review, implement backup plans to meet client s SLA.
- Provide pro - active monitoring(for active databases, backups), upgrades, tuning, patching where software would allow.
- Implement software upgrades when required.
- Review, suggest and implement recovery strategy where applicable.
- Provide monitoring, upgrades, tuning, patching.
- Sql Server DBA - assist the other Sql Server DBA s in monitoring, upgrades, tuning, patching for 30/60 servers.
- Create SSIS packages for movement of data, configure Service Broker, Replication
- For both Oracle and Sql Server provide applications with review and implementations of required objects.
- Set up and install Sql Server in cluster environments for Biztalk and maintain DR strategy.
- Provide HA for Oracle/SAP environments with clustering and DataGuard.
- Install and use of EM/GC for Oracle systems to monitor, upgrade and provide feedback and tune.
- Setup, configure Oracle E-Business suite for General Ledgar(Linux) project left at OnDemand due to economy.
DBA for Oracle databases
- Environments Unix,Linux,AIX,VAX,Windows. Releases from 7.3 to 10.2.
- Daily monitoring, tuning and upgrading.
- Implement backup and recovery processes. Ensure 24/7 availablity.
- Add or modify database tables as required. Review with developers pl/sql for processing or debugging.
- Convert/upgrade existing databases to 10.2 where required.
- Install and use OEM/DataGuard for disaster recovery purposes and for health alerts of databases.
- DataGuard used on 9.2 and 10.2 databases using physical standby s.
- DBA for DB2 and IMS on IBM mainframe. Daily health checks, backups, restores to
- Test from production. Apply requested changes( new tables, columns, dbd s or psb s).
- Ensure all disaster recovery processes have updated, new information.
- Perform, involved in the annual disaster recover drills. General activities as required of the dba.
- Admin and installation of Moodle a gpu online training course management system in Windows Server2003 and IIS
- Sql Server backup DBA, monitor, maintain requests from developers and troubleshoot databases and queries.
- Create procedure to collect information for metadata project and analyze across various servers
- Oracle 10g/Oracle Express OLAP on Windows 2000 server, web server(Apache) administrator. Apply Oracle maintenance when required, ensure db health, backups.
- Apply Avega upgrades when required
- DBA for Oracle and PeopleSoft administrator - on Unix(AIX) and Windows 2000 servers.
- Duties as required as a dba- keep database's up, clean, keep applications up, review and modify structure or code for performance - apply patches/bundles/upgrades as required
- Upgrades for PeopleSoft for HRMS was from 8.4 to 8.8, and implementation of Single SignOn.
- Upgrades for PeopleSoft for AP/GL/AM was from 8.4 to 8.8 to Production and then to 8.9 although the final implementation into Production due to management changes and budget for the hospital.
- Upgrades of Oracle from 8.1.7 to 9.2.06(after patch updates).
- Implementation of RMAN for backup and recoveryImplementation of OEM for general maintenance, troubleshooting.
- Web server(BEA WebLogic) administrator
- Review requirements, setup new 'boxes' as required, document all hardware/os/applications/instances.
- Peoplesoft - hrms (pr/hr/erecruit) and finscm(am/gl/ap) review/apply service packs/maintance packs, release upgrades and PeopleTools upgrades.
- Develop sqr s, pages, scripts for interfacing with external systems.
Hardware/OS: IBM 3xxx MVS, IBM-PC, MS-Server 2000
Environment: Batch / Online, ISPF/TSO, MVS JCL,PC,TCP/IP
Language: Cobol-II,&III, ADS-Plus(HBOC)
Tools: Spufi,Panvelet,STARTOOl, ADS, MS-Access/Visual Basic