4 years of diverse engineering and development experience with concentration in Oracle Database administration. I have developed and displayed in depth knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g RAC implementation and administration on Linux and Solaris Clusters. I possess a Result Driven, Team Oriented and proactive problem solving personality. Exceptional Soft Skills, Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Talent, Exceptional Multi Tasking Abilities and Reliability.
Networks: Windows, Unix/Solaris /Linux
Languages: SQL, Pl/SQL, UNIX/Shell script and Perl.
RDBMS/Storage: 10g,11g, RAC, DataGuard
GUI Tools: OEM, TOAD, Packages Ms Office, Word Perfect, SQL Developer, Grid Control, SQL Loader, Data pump.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Managed Data warehouse(Cognos) Databases
- Worked with Senior DBA with patches and upgraded
- Built Development databases, UAT, QA, Performance and Production environment to support PeopleSoft applications.
- Configured and setup the RMAN
- Implement patches, updates, and fixes as necessary following established Change Management processes
- Work with team members to provide 7x24 production support
- Utilize a working knowledge of Oracle database and consuming third - party applications to troubleshoot technical issues, i.e. error messages, software bugs, availability, etc.
- Worked very closely with developer for performance and tuning for database and application.
- Worked with ADDM, AWR and SQL tuning advisor to tune any long running queries and overall database sessions.
- Performed cold backups
- Work with weekly code-migrations.
- Participated auditing session to comply with SOX requirements
- Participate effectively in execution of projects to support development, integration, production and infrastructure deliverables.
- Installation, setup & configuration of Oracle 10gR2 RAC & single instance databases.
- Perform monitoring, administration & troubleshooting of Oracle databases.
- Respond to trouble tickets and customer requests.
- Monitor and troubleshoot database backups, disk space, and server availability.
- Setup, configuration and management of Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Implemented and monitored user access and security.
- Conducted and managed full and incremental database backups via RMAN.
- Documented database and related server equipment & procedures.
- Configured and updated user security in accordance with agency policy.
- Troubleshot errors related to availability of data to system users, space, database software, or data access.
- Monitor database activity and file usage, and ensures necessary resources are present. Investigate and resolve technical database issues of significance.
- Implement and supports database security regulations, policies, and guidelines. Monitor security bulletins to obtain information of potential threats.
- Worked with Sr DBA help plan and install upgrades of database management systems (DBMS) software as necessary to enhance database performance.
- Researched various hardware and software products; recommends solution and implements approved products.
- Worked with databases, including installations and upgrades of DBMS software and backup/recovery strategies.
- Assisted project managers in the development of project plans including detailed project estimates and tasks required for database activities.
- Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Worked with shell scripting to create cronjob as well as oracle cold backups