- I have over 20 years’ experience in IT industry as a network engineer, systems administrator and database administrator in various fields like banking, insurance, financial, and government.
- Possess extensive experience in relational database design, analysis, development, administration, implementation, trouble shooting and quality management.
- Comprehensive experience as an Oracle SME and Sr. Oracle DBA; proficient in Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i/8i/8.0/7.3 software installations, configurations, administration as well as upgrades, migrations, capacity planning. Skilled in the use of Oracle flashback technologies, backup strategy creation and implementation, performance tuning of single instance as well as RAC (clustered) VLDB’s (very large databases) on UNIX/Linux and Windows NT platforms.
- I am also trained as a Peoplesoft Administrator with in depth knowledge of Peoplesoft’s PIA.
- I have installed, configured and administered Weblogic web servers, Tuxedo app servers as well as the process scheduler and report repository in Solaris and AIX environments.
- I possess excellent communication, documentation and interpersonal skills and am an exceptional team player.
- I’m also experienced in leading and mentoring teams of Oracle DBAs.
Operating Systems: UNIX (Digital, Solaris 10, HP - UX 11, AIX 4.x., 5L, Red Hat Linux 6, Oracle Linux 6.5.), Windows Server 2008, Windows NT, 2000 Server, XP
Database related Tools: Toad, Putty, ErWin, ER Studio, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Citrix, VMware, Spotlight, Foglight, Sql Developer, Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD), Database Vault, Streams
Administration Tools: Foglight, Data Mover, Configuration Manager, Application Server, Process Scheduler, App Messaging/Integration Broker and PeopleSoft Utilities
Development Tools: Quest STAT for Peoplesoft, 5,62 Application Designer, Application Engine.
Integration Tools: App Messaging/Integration Broker.
Security Tools: PeopleSoft Security, Object Security, Query Security and Tree Manager.
Upgrade Tools: Upgrade Assistant, Change Assistant
Database Versions: Oracle 12c, 11g, 7.3, 10g, 9i, 8i, 8.
Peoplesoft Admin/Oracle DBA/ Stat Administrator
- Responsibilities include the creation, configuration, tuning, and maintenance of Peoplesoft Web Servers, Application servers and Batch servers on Peopletools version 8.52.14. In addition, I am responsible for the administration of the Oracle database on the Exadata X2 platform.
- Peoplesoft Code Migrations
- Disaster Recovery
Senior Oracle Peoplesoft DBA
- Periodically reviewing and determining Oracle best practices for the Confidential Oracle databases and ensuring that those policies are documented and implemented appropriately and on time
- Reviewed and researched emerging Oracle technologies such as OVD 11.1 in order to create technology roadmaps.
- Mentoring junior and mid-level DBA’s as well as developing plans for the current Oracle team
- Reviewing and researching emerging Oracle technologies (e.g. Oracle 12c Grid Infrastructure including ASM and RAC installation, configuration, administration on the latest Linux release) in order to create technology roadmaps. In addition, I am responsible for evaluating ancillary related software and hardware (Veritas, Opsware, Citrix, Netscaler, VMware, etc.)
- Solaris 10 Unix shell scripting in support of the Oracle database administration
- Oracle software installation
- Installing and configuring PeopleSoft and Oracle software on Dev, Test, and Production Solaris servers
- Peoplesoft Peopletools upgrade from 8. 08
- Performed PS DBA responsibilities for the Peoplesoft HCM upgrade from 8.8 to 9.1
- Performed PS DBA responsibilities for the Peoplesoft FSCM upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2
- Performed PS DBA responsibilities for the Peoplesoft EPM upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1
- Performed PS DBA responsibilities for the Peoplesoft Portal 9.0 to Integration Hub 9.2
- Oracle database creation, configuration and administration
- Database security including roles/permissions/password policy creation and maintenance
- Database Patching and upgrades
- Database Disaster Recovery (Dataguard failovers)
- End user support and troubleshooting/Sql tuning
- Backup policy creation including RMAN and/or os level backup automation configuration and testing
- Grid Control installation and configuration:
- RMAN configuration through Grid Control
- Deployments - quarterly patching, agent and Oracle Home provisioning through Grid Control
- Database Performance Tuning via the OEM Tuning Advisor, Sql Access Advisor, etc.
Senior Oracle Peoplesoft DBA
- Database creation, configuration, maintenance, patching
- Database backup configuration
- Data extraction, conversion from a legacy system to the new system via PL/SQL
- Maintenance of the data model via IBM Rational Tools
- IBM WebSphere Application Server installation/configuration/maintenance
- IBM WebSphere Portal Server installation/configuration/maintenance
- IBM HTTP Server installation/configuration/maintenance
Oracle DBA/PeopleSoft Admin
- Installing the PeopleSoft and Oracle software on the Dev, Test, and Production Solaris servers
- Installing and configuring all related third party software (BEA Weblogic, Crystal Reports, Microfocus Cobols)
- Configuring the web servers and application servers to include redundancy
- Creating and configuring the Oracle database including the backup RMAN strategy
- Upgrading PeopleTools from version
- Configuring the PSEM Hub and applying patches and bundles via the Hub
- Migrating projects and creating database objects
- Installing/Configuring Grid Control for database Management
Oracle DBA/PeopleSoft Admin
- Extensively used Application Designer, Data Mover for applying Patches, Fixes and Tax Updates to Development, Testing, and Production environments
- Performance Tuning of PeopleSoft Database, Application server, Web Server and Process Scheduler. Simulated different user loads using Load Runner
- Installation/configuration of Oracle Cluster Ready Services, Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- Configured 2 node Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) environment for PeopleSoft databases, migrated single instance database into multi-node cluster
- Configured & tested WeblogicWeb Servers for Fail over and Load Balancing.
- Successfully performed 2 PeopleSoft PeopleTools upgrades -version .16, 8.4 .06
- Managed PeopleSoft Security on PeopleTools 8.43 as the backup Security Admin
- Successfully installed and configured BEA Web Logic Server 8.1/6.1, Application Server components (Tuxedo 8.1/Jolt 1.2, and PeopleSoft 8 Processes)
- Updated and ran AIX and Solaris shell scripts in support of App Server, Web Server, DB server
- Implementation of Oracle Dataguard in single instance and clustered environments
- Development and implementation of the database backup procedure and schedules using RMAN in clustered and non-clustered environments
- Installed and configured Oracle Grid Control for multinode database management
- Performed a full life cycle PeopleSoft implementation
Oracle Applications DBA Lead
- Planned, scripted, tested, documented and deployed Oracle upgrades. Debugged and resolved development and production problems related to Oracle database and Oracle Applications modules. DBA lead supporting Oracle e-business CRM, Human Resources and Financial modules for clients in varied vertical markets. Setup multiple development, test and production environments for Oracle CRM, Human Resources and Financial modules Release 11i; responsible for system database security and instance management
- Technical skills include the installation of instances, database administration, application administration and UNIX administration as it relates to Oracle databases on AIX, HP-UX, Digital, Solaris, Windows NT, and Windows 2000 systems; installations generally included three to four instances for medium-sized E-Commerce and dot-com companies
- Performed troubleshooting and daily administration (24X7 on-call production support) for the projects including data model design, software installation, new database creation, instance cloning, database backup/recovery, performance tuning, data replication, data migration, new object creation (tables, indexes, snapshots, triggers, sequences, procedures, cursors, etc.), database structure modification and user administration
- Conducted for junior DBA's in database tuning and backup/recovery
- Oracle Applications system administration including but not limited to the following:
- Printer setup
- Concurrent manager configuration/management
- Patch application
- Database cloning
- User/security setups and configurations
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of multiple Oracle databases (versions 7.3.4, 8.X, 8i) on Windows NT and Sun Solaris platforms
- Responsible for all aspects of tuning including application, memory, and disk contention tuning.
- Managed production systems on Maryland State projects including databases at the Maryland Department of Human Resources, the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Agency, and the Maryland Department of Transportation
- Presided over the maintenance of the in-house database, which housed the Deltek Financial system
- Assisted in data conversion projects in an application developer/DBA capacity; required writing cursors, triggers, and procedures; provided on call 24 X 7 support
- Performed numerous database recoveries
Oracle Applications DBA/ Network Engineer
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance and tuning of an Oracle 8 RDBMS on both Digital Unix and Windows NT systems representing test, development, and production instances. Also responsible for the installation and maintenance of Oracle Applications r11.0.3.on both of those systems
- Responsible for the Installation and upgrade of the Oracle Server and maintenance tools; creation and maintenance of development, test and production instances with all schemas and security
- Created database storage structures and application objects such as tables, indexes, views, sequences, triggers, procedures, and functions as well as database storage structures
- Developed and implemented the backup and recovery strategies to include archiving of data; tested the procedures to ensure adequate recoverability
- Tuned and monitored the database including patch application and interaction with Oracle Technical Support
- Designed, installed, and maintained Novell networks ranging from Netware versions 3.x - 5.x.
- Designed and implemented marketing plans unique to each customer e.g. direct-mail marketing, media marketing, site visits, and public relations strategies
- Coordinated trade show logistics, development of marketing material
- Administered all aspects of customer service to include the processing of all sales orders and even the pricing and purchasing of equipment