To make the databases less prone to critical failures and to reduce the downtime by proper planning of backup strategy and implementing high availability features, and to simplify the daily DBA activities.
- Around 3 years of experience in database administration. Good understanding of Oracle Rman backups, restore and recovery and Installed, maintained high availability solutions such as and 11g RAC, experience in installing oracle applications 11i and R12, cloning of R12 and patching.
- Experience in Installation of Oracle APPS 11i and R12.
- Knowledge of Patching.
- Well experienced in Rman backup, Restore, Recovery.
- Creating and Managing Physical objects, Logical objects like Users, table spaces, Databases, Tables, views and other database objects.
- Implementing user password security using 11g features.
- Multiplexing Control files to different destinations.
- Have good knowledge on DBA activities like Table space monitoring, Space management, Schema management etc.
- Creating Database Links.
- Implementing scripting for backup routines which includes database exports, Rman full and Incremental backups on daily and weekly basis.
- Performed performance tuning for optimized results using tools like Explain plan, SQL*Trace, TKPROF, Stats pack, AWR, ADDM reports.
- Troubleshooting regular cold, hot and archive log backups both using RMAN.
- Executing Disaster recovery plans.
- Experience in Design, Administration and Oracle Internal Architecture to administer database effectively
- Experience in Physical Database Architecture Design and Implementation across all major LINUX and NT platforms in accordance with OFA standards.
- Proficient in Oracle logical and Physical (Online/Offline) backups, Design and Implementation of Standby Databases and Recovery principles.
- Experience in Administration and Maintenance of Database’s logical and physical objects.
- Experience in User Accounts, Security management and administration through roles, profiles and Auditing.
Scripting: Unix Shell Scripting
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat webserver v5.x
Operating Systems: Red hat Linux Advanced Server 4, OEL 5, 6, Windows Enterprise Servers 2003/2008, Sun Solaris5.9/5.10
Tools: SQL* PLUS, RMAN, OAM,OEM, TOAD, Export and Import Utilities
Hardware: Compaq, IBMPCs Pentium, DELL, Wipro, HP
- Created and configured of Oracle Databases
- Day to Day DBA Operations management.
- Single and Multi - node Clone Oracle Applications
- Working on 24*7 Production support.
- Apps DBA Production Support Experience.
- Manage the Oracle E-Business Suite using Oracle Applications Manager & Manage profile options.
- Understand User Management set up.
- Resolving On - Call issues.
- Task includes Monitoring, Ticket resolution and Work/ Change requests.
- Database monitoring using home grown scripts
- Taking Rman backups, incremental backups, writing corn jobs for daily Rman backups.
- Crosschecking and validating Rman backups.
- Scripting of Backup Strategies (Hot/Cold and Exp/Imp)
- Data Uploading through SQL*Loader.
- Monitoring of Table spaces for space through OEM, adding data files or resizing the existing data files.
- Monitoring Standby Databases running scripts
- Staging the files responding to the alerts
- Patch Oracle Applications.