- Senior IT consultant with over 15 years experience, including over 10 years as a Senior Oracle Architect and Technical Project Lead. Relies on 10 years of extended experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under little supervision and has a tremendous degree of creativity and latitude.
Senior Oracle DBA/Designer
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining high - availability MS SQL databases.
- Deep expertise in configuration and tuning, backup and recovery, transaction log management, cluster configuration, maintenance, performance tuning, and indexes in a MS SQL Server environment.
- Expertise in MS SQL Server 2008, including SQL Server operations and SQL query optimization for large databases in a 24x7 environment.
- 4-6 years' experience implementing and maintaining enterprise level database solutions using Microsoft SQL Server in a high transaction or large database environment.
- Maintain 99.99% availability for all Hosting products and infrastructure.
- Deep knowledge with Oracle 11g databases, RMAN, and Data Guard experience.
- Interface with other central organizations to improve and implement process, procedures and automation.
- Provide 3rd level support for Oracle RAC, including applying patches, performance tuning, backup and recovery issues with RMAN, trace analysis, service creation, cluster and system management.
- Implementation and support of 10g and 11g migrations and upgrades from Oracle 9i and 10g databases, including RAC (Real Application Clusters) databases on HP-UX and Linux.
- Pro-active and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of issues.
- Regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis and predicting future database resource requirements.
- Provide 24 x 5 escalation support using a "Follow the Sun" type model and/or Shift basis.
- Participate in rotational on-call schedule.
- Provide fourth level escalation support for the Support Center.
- Provide Hosting Professional Services for customers with requirements that go beyond the normal scope of work.
- Working closely with other team leads and their technical teams to ensure delivery of database services within the performance targets set.
- Defining and implementing consistent standards across systems.
- Defining database configuration standards related to performance and sizing for both transactional and data warehouse databases.
- Mentoring and knowledge transfer to other DBAs
Senior Oracle Architect/DBA
- DB Manager responsible for the database administration of all db servers in the North America region,
- Duties included all aspects of Oracle database administration including performance & tuning, Oracle installation and Oracle upgrade, database maintenance, database recovery and RAC clusters.
- Responsible for database administration for a nation-wide distributed system of more than 70 Oracle databases.
- Supported Oracle developers, performed database tuning, created database reorganization procedures, database alert scripts, monitoring scripts and backup procedures. Also developed a method for configuring EMC disk arrays for data warehouses and created a system for detecting I/O bottlenecks.
Senior Oracle Team Lead/DBA
- Responsible for coordinating and directing teams involved in Oracle 10g projects with an emphasis on Oracle Performance, High Availability, Backup and Recovery and Capacity Planning.
- Senior Oracle DBA responsible for all aspects of Production and Development Backup and Disaster Recovery and Security.