DB2 z/OS DBA
- Over forty years of progressive Information Technology systems experience with Confidential mainframe operating systems and database systems.
- Specializing in DB2 z/OS Database administration support and DB2 z/OS application maintenance, and performance tuning.
- DB2 MVS, OS/390, z/OS V9
- Physical database design
- DB2 database utilities
- DB2 Admin tool
- Confidential 's Optim(Princeton Softech) QMF & SPUFI
- OS JCL and Utilities
Confidential, Piscataway NJ
DBA for z/OS DB2
- Monitoring and marinating overall system health - 24X7
- First point of contact for all maintenance of application databases
- Provide technical solutions for customer requirements
- Manage off-shore DBA’s in the delivery process
Lead DBA for z/OS DB2
- Support 24/7 availability for DB2 databases on 3 LPAR’s.
- Developed Stored Procedures to support critical business systems.
- Enhanced DB2 Disaster Recovery process.
- Provide guidance and training to onshore and offshore DBA staff.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Project manager for two claims processing systems.
- Performed PM activities including project scheduling, planning and control, resource management and personnel development
- Implemented a deliverable maintenance life cycle process that encompassed the requirements gathering, analysis, coding, integration testing and installation phases.
- A key resource in a major development project for a new enrollment and billing system using DB2 as the DBMS where the following was performed:
- Led JAD sessions to gather user requirements for all sub - systems
- Performed Data and Process modeling for all sub-systems
- Managed a development team that was responsible for the design of the Subscriber Enrollment and Product maintenance sub-systems
- Managed the conversion team that responsible for maintaining the testing environments for all sub-systems.
- Designed and implemented the overall production conversion plan
- Lead a team that designed and implemented the company s decentralization project across all systems.
- Installed a Remittance Processing system, including hardware selection, software development and user training.
Confidential, North Brunswick, NJ
- Responsible for programming and maintenance of major portions of the BSA Registration system which encompasses over three million members.
- This system was based upon dual DL/I Data Bases.
- Coordinated and developed supplemental registration reporting systems to accommodate the needs of other BSA divisions.
Confidential, Livingston, NJ
- Responsible for programming and maintenance of Subscription fulfillment, Key Analysis, Tax Reporting and Sales Analysis systems.