- 7+ years of hands on experience in database administrator, production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, performance tuning, backup and recovery, cloning, space management and database security on Oracle 11g/10g/9i on Red Hat Linux, IBM - AIX and Sun Solaris.
- Having experience in Installing, Migration and Administration of the Oracle database 11g/10g/9i and performing Pre-installation and Post-installation tasks.
- Experienced with Oracle Cluster ware installation/administration/deployment,
- ASM (Automatic Storage Management) administration and RAC (Real Application Clusters) installation/administration/deployment
- Experienced in Adding and deleting nodes in RAC environment.
- Was involved in Database migration from Non-RAC database to RAC database using RMAN
- Having knowledge of Configuring Data guard setup in RAC Environment.
- Database migration from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g and Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g
- Performance tuning of the database - SQL Tuning, Used Tuning utilities like STATSPACK, EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, ADDM and Tuning of SGA, Distribution of disk I/O, Sizing of tables and indexes
- Provided 24x4 on-call Support for Production database.
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
- Created primary database storage structures like Table space whenever required
- Setup physical stand by database using Data Guard for disaster recovery (DR).
- Creating primary objects like Tables, Index, Constraints, Synonyms, Sequences and views.
- Experience in User Management and Database Security such as creating Users, Roles, Profiles and granting Roles and Privileges
- Flashback technologies-Flashback Table, Flashback Query & Flashback Database to recover from user errors and minimize the Full/Incomplete database recoveries
- Hands-on experience in Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the Oracle database
- Used database tuning advisor and SQL Profiler for performance optimization
- Having hands on experience in Hot/Cold Backup, Recovery and Cloning of databases using RMAN with VERITAS Net Backup
- Proficient in using various database Utilities like EXPORT/IMPORT, Datapump, TOAD for logical backup
- Supportive Individual capable of Managing incidents, being proactive in terms of preventive maintenance and knowledgeable in terms of risk management.
- Additional responsibilities have been Interaction/Communication with Oracle for Technical Support and raising TAR’s (Technical Assistance Request), handling day to day problems, assisting developers and other user
Operating System: Red Hat 4/5/6, Solaris 5, IBM AIX 5.2/6.1
RDBMS: Oracle Database 11g/10g/9i
Performance Tuning: AWR, ASH, ADDM, SQL Tuning, Explain Plan, SQL Trace
Tool: & DB Utilities: OEM, Toad, Putty, SQL*Plus, SQL Developer, Data Pump, RMAN,DBCA, Export/Import, EXPDP/IMPDP
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Monitoring servers and databases utilization on daily basis by using OEM report to gain 100% Uptime.
- Installing, Configuration and Upgrading Oracle server software and related product in existing database
- General database administration including management of instances, redo logs, tablespaces, temp space, rollback/undo segments and schema management
- Database upgrade from 10g to 11g and handling issues post upgrade like slowness, connection issues
- Optimizing SQL queries for optimum performance by using EXPLAIN PLAN, TOAD and AWR
- Supported Developers and end-users in troubleshooting issues
- Security Administration including the management of profiles, roles, users and their privileges
- Involved in RAC deployment process (node Add/delete) from the existing cluster
- Check Alert log error and critical ORA error. Verify Sync status of standby database.
- Verify DB user account status and there expiry date and informing respective team to change the password if require.
- Monitoring session on server and find deadlock queries if any. Monitoring session waits time and locks, wait events
- Responsible in configuring and backing up database using RMAN, Hot backups, Cold backups and Logical backups
- Handling space related issues on tablespaces, storage related issues on file systems.
- Free Space management in Archive log destination on both Production and Standby Database
- Monitoring Critical and warning message in dump area like user Dump, Bdump.
- Monitoring DB maintenance activity like Index rebuild, analyzing and purging activities
- Used oracle configuration assistants like DBCA(Database Configuration Assistant) for Creating databases, DBUA(Database Upgrade Assistant) for Upgrading databases and NETCA(Network Configuration Assistant) for creating a Client-Server environment using Listener, TNS names etc.,
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
- Experienced in dealing with Query execution plan, SQL trace
- Performing database restoration and recovery whenever there is requirement of the same. And also performing the test recovering of the data from the Production database.
- Configured Oracle Data guard for Oracle Disaster recovery and involved in DR Drill
- Performed export of database object using export utility and recovered specific object or schema using import utility
- Monitoring and managing Tablespace and mount point/drives usage pro actively
- Perform root cause analysis of the repetitive and top issues.
- Conducting & preparing Application, DB, O/S Baselines, Security documents as per the SOX guidelines
Confidential, Dublin, OH
- Installations and administration of Oracle database 10g and 11g
- Oracle Database Design, Post-Installation troubleshooting, ASM, Database creation, Client Server connectivity
- Hands on experience with upgrade and patching of database 10g and 11g
- Setting up of regular backup (Hot, Cold), recovery and regular testing of recovery in test environment, customization and automation of regular DBA activities and operating system specific tasks by way of shell scripts, SQL scripts
- Worked on Set up, configuration and maintained Oracle Data Guard to control Primary and Secondary databases
- Database Growth and Space management, capacity planning, distributing the tables, redo logs, archived redo logs and rollback segments on different disks to optimize data retrieval
- Monitoring of databases, user access and session waits time and locks, wait events
- Tracing and solving Oracle errors, free space in the tablespaces and free disk space in Archive log destination for production databases
- Monitoring the performance of the Applications and Databases Scheduled jobs.
- Resolving common oracle wait events in memory using AWR and ADDM
- Used analyze table, analyze indexes to tune queries and increase performance
- Support application admin and developer groups to define SLA’s, Incident Management and Dashboard reports
- Configuring monitoring rule set to receive alerts and notification like Tablespace size reaching threshold
Confidential, Denver, Colorado
- Managing multiple 24*7 production databases as well as development and test databases
- Involved in the installation and configuration of Oracle database on Linux and Windows server
- Monitoring and performing daily and weekly RMAN backup.
- Issues related to Space Management, Locks, Database Hit Ratios, Backup failures and UNIX related On-Call alerts
- Performing database restoration and recovery whenever there is requirement of the same. And also performing of the test recovering of the data from the test database.
- Resource Management (Create and manage Indexes, Tables), allocate and manage physical storage structures like Datafiles, Redo logs, Control files. Allocate and Manage logical storage structures like Tablespaces
- Database Migration from Oracle9i to Oracle10g on various application
- Index creation and management for optimization of DB Processes
- Cloning of the database and applying the Up gradation patches.
- Created clone database form the production database for various testing purpose using User manage backup or RMAN.
- Configuring RMAN and Flashback Recovery of database.
- Checking errors logs of daily Autosys flow (End of day Automatic flow) and troubleshoot the issue
- Coordinating with application vendor and BPRG team for any major changes in application DB like version upgrade or implementation of utility.
- Perform daily log & trace files check and data consistency & integrity check
- Performing task like creating Users, Roles, Tablespace, addressing alert triggered by monitoring tools.
- Installing Oracle 9i DB for TEST and Development
- Create table spaces, tables, and users for custom applications
- Creating and dropping of users, granting and revoking permissions to users/roles as and when required
- Installed and Implemented Backup & Recovery procedures
- Daily Monitoring Database and Tablespaces Growth and Monitoring Space Availability at Operating System
- Developed RMAN scripts for database backup and recovery including HOT and COLD backup
- Using TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN for better performance
- Upgrading and migrating the databases from Oracle 8i to 9i
- Performed Table space Management and Rollback table space Management
- Capacity Planning & Benchmarking of Database
- Monitoring Growth of tables and undertaking necessary re-organization of database as and when required
- Database export/import using export and import utilities
- Helped developer to install Oracle Client, troubleshoot and establish the connection to Oracle database through ODBC