- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Certified Architect associate (1Z0 - 932) DBA with 8 years of technical knowledge and consulting experience in delivery and administration of Oracle database products for various customers.
- AWS certified solutions architect-Associate (SAA-C02 )
- Proven track record in delivering and maintaining Development, Test, QA, End-to-end, standby databases for multiple business applications and providing 24/7 on-call support for production databases in result-oriented, time-critical environments.
- Certified Oracle cloud Infrastructure Architect Associate with Proficiency in Oracle 18c/12c/11g/10g Grid Infrastructure and RDBMS Administration on Platforms like Linux, Sun Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Windows server 2012, OCI and AWS
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Real Application Cluster (RAC) architecture, Grid Infrastructure with Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and 12c multitenant database administration
- Advanced knowledge of database provisioning and administration on appliances like Exadata X2-4, X3-8 (full stack), T5,SPARC M7 supercluster and in OCI
- Experience implementing Ansible playbooks for Automating activities like database provisioning, silent oem13c agent installs and patching automation using ansible-oracle-psu
- Experience in Design and Development of Data warehousing (OLAP), Transactional Database (OLTP) databases on Oracle 10g/11g/12c/18c/19c
- Practical knowledge of implementing storage level data security using tablespace level encryption solutions like Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and HSM Safenet wallets
- Experience with Installation of Fusion middleware softwares like Oracle Goldengate and configuring unidirectional and bi-directional zero downtime replicated systems.
- Expertise in providing database migration solutions using tools such as datapump, RMAN, Transportable tablespaces, Streams and goldengate including cross platform migrations from Oracle to MySQL
- Experience in implementing Disaster recovery solutions using Dataguard and Goldengate
- Proficient in identifying and providing database performance improvements, specializing in OS tuning, SQL tuning, Database/Instance tuning using Oracle utilities like AWR, ADDM, ASH, SQL tuning advisor and Explain plans
- Experience in designing and delivering End-to-end enterprise level monitoring solutions through Oracle enterprise manager (OEM 12c and 13c)
- Hands on experience with integrating Oracle Enterprise manager Incident manager with third party ITSM systems like Servicenow.
- Expertise in developing APEX reports, dashboards and applications to support business needs
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing systems and implementation of Decision Support Systems (DSS) in a Unix/Windows environments
- Extensive knowledge of Implementing comprehensive backup and recovery strategies using traditional tools like RMAN, Datapump and engineering automated mechanisms for delivering robust backup and recovery solutions using shell scripting and python
- Knowledge on Oracle Support Process for Technical requests through Oracle Metalink, Advanced Customer Services and other support procedures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and Analytical skills with customer service-oriented attitude. A very good team player, self-motivated, dedicated in any work environment.
RDBMS: Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i, MS SQL Server 2005/2008
Operating Systems: HP-UX 10.x, 11.x, Oracle Solaris 11.3 SPARC,AIX 5.*, Linux RHEL 5.*/6.*/7.*, MS SQL Server 2000 & 2005/2008,Windows NT,XP
Appliances: Exadata X3-(Half Stack), X3-8 (full stack) and SPARC M7
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Perl, Korn, UNIX Shell Scripting,Python
Tools: RMAN, OEM 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, SQL*Loader, EXP, IMP, expdp, impdp, TOAD, OEM 12c/13c, Golden Gate, Informatica.
Tuning Tools: SQL tuning Advisor, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR / ADDM / ASH
Other Tools: VERITAS NetBackup, EMC AVAMAR backups
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Providing end-to-end support for the Oracle enterprise manager 13c upgrade project
- Applied PSUs to the repository database running on 12.2 RDBMS and upgraded the OMS from 13.2 to 13.3
- Led efforts to create new OEM admin groups with custom monitoring templates for hosts, Databases, Listeners and Cluster targets.
- Created new incident rulesets for reducing redundancy in OEM alerting.
- Created User defined metrics for RMAN and Avamar backup monitoring
- Performed metric tweaking for DR targets for generating email alerts on the Standby lag
- Performed agent installations for new targets.
- Upgraded the EM plugins for agent-based targets by bulk deploying updates directly from the console
- Performed bulk target patching directly from OEM13c using a patch plan.
- Identified noisy alerts for PDB target availability and applied patches to fix the issue.
- Investigated issues pertaining to unreported DB alert log events. Worked with Oracle support to fix the issue.
Environment: IBM AIX, RDBMS 126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52 , OEM 13.3/13.2
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Sr. Oracle Database administrator in the Confidential OPC Oracle support team.
- Supported DR 2.0 Datacenter exit project by setting up Oracle database environments, perform migrations and configure Dataguard to secure database availability for Disaster recovery.
- Created physical databases and database structures based on physical design for development, test, and production environments.
- Ensured detailed physical design of data structures and compliance with enterprise standards, guidelines, procedures, and processes.
- Coordinated with systems engineers to Install, configure, and maintain DBMS product software on database and application servers. Assist in the consultation to application development teams on DBMS product technical issues and techniques.
- Provided on-site, and on-call 7x24x365 support, as needed.
- Implemented monitoring procedures to maximize availability and performance of the database, while meeting defined SLA's.
- Investigated, conducted troubleshooting, and resolved database problems related to availability and performance.
- Developed and maintained APEX dashboards for OPC database team for viewing IMs and CRs coming in through ServiceNow. Developed scripts and the web page layout
- Communicated the required downtime with the application development teams and systems engineers to implement approved changes.
- Led in Identifying, defining and implementing database backup / recovery and security strategies.
- Coordinated and led in the Installation and support of multiple DBMS (Database Management Systems) software and tools projects.
- Performed feasibility study and setup systems for a POC to setup AWS Data Migration Service(DMS) to move on-prem databases to cloud with minimal downtime.
- Responded to any AWS cloudwatch alarms pertaining to RDS availability
- Migrated on-prem data to Oracle RDS using AWS S3 as staging area for datapump dump files
- Oversaw and facilitated DBMS platform performance and availability improvements measures based on benchmarks and metric analysis.
- Patched databases and Grid Infrastructure for upgrades and bug fixes using opatchauto
- Kept getting updated on industry and technology trends. Responsible to provide leadership in multiple independent efforts to design, implement, and support, enterprise standard databases on business area requirements with appropriate supervision as required.
Environment: Oracle 19c/18c/12c GRID/RDBMS, APEX, OE Linux, M7, Solaris 11.3 SPARC, OEM 13c, Dataguard
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Sr. Oracle DBA in Database Center of Excellence team responsible for Providing database consulting services, database support and governance procedures for M7 Platform databases and Shared platforms which includes legacy databases running on Linux
- Implemented database data Privacy & protection refinements leveraging Oracle TDE and HSM SafeNet wallets.
- Created procedures and published blueprints for cross-platform database migrations for a major datacenter exit.
- Led efforts to move Infrastructure to Oracle Cloud . Provisioned compute Instances, Databases and configured the Routes to allow traffic from application to connect to the back end databases .
- Maintained the compute instance images for custom deployments.
- Configured compute instances, VCNs and databases in OCI ensuring data security as per best practices.
- Migrated on-prem databases to OCI using datapump with Object storage as the staging area for storing dumpfiles.
- Developed Scripts and documented process for migration from M7 Solaris 11.3 sparc to Linux using Cross-platform Transportable tablespaces with RMAN convert scripts and RMAN roll forwarding for minimal downtime cutovers.
- Implemented Data Replication for Oracle Databases using goldengate unidirectional replication which is currently in place for all production systems
- Establish OEM baselines to obtain an overview of performance bottlenecks and reporting for all M7 systems
- Developed Metrics and Dashboards w/ OEM BI publisher and APEX for a summarized view of outstanding Database incidents, actions taken for resolution and timelines for all actions along with a summary of incidents generated per week.
- Developed comprehensive oem13c Health Check Reports for all M7 database systems displaying high level information for all the database targets including database status in the last 24 hours, Goldengate process status, DR status, Daily backup checks and outstanding incidents.
- Developed reports for quarterly Database space usage monitoring and growth tracking using APEX
- Drove internal RCA efforts for all issues pertaining to M7 database systems and work with Oracle Advanced support for finding solutions where needed.
- Maintaining DB Audit policies for oracle databases where needed. perform annual SOX audits for all databases to ensure that they comply
- Perform oem13c Agent installs, promote and enable monitoring for all new database builds
- Provide support for Oracle Patching and developing scripts for automating dba tasks at PDOM level like bringing instances and services up or down using ansible playbooks
- Worked on POC effort to utilize ansible playbooks to automate end-to-end patching activities. Passed parameters to the .yml file for the environments where a standard directory structure was in place and executed the playbook. Worked on troubleshooting issues with the process
- Monitor & Resolve replication gaps for all M7 database systems
- Develop & Publish documentation for any new processes
Environment: Oracle 18c/12c GRID/RDBMS, OCI, OE Linux, RHEL 7, M7 Solaris 11.3 SPARC, OEM 13c, Goldengate
- Sr. Oracle dba in Database center of Excellence (DB Coe) supporting databases pertaining to Global Integration platform (GIP) Initiative.
- Creating and maintaining databases with 12c multitenant architecture on Oracle's SPARC M7 Appliance.
- Installed and configured the components for Oracle 13c enterprise Manager system using 13c repository database template, setup the OMS application server
- Agent deployment from oem13c console to Unix targets
- Performed Silent install of agents on Windows server targets using Cygwin for ssh and Agent response files.
- OEM 13c Target discovery and promotion to OEM console.
- Created OEM13c Dynamic groups, Metrics using Monitoring templates and configured incident rules to enable automated SNOW ticketing for OEM13c incidents
- Built Schema level Goldengate unidirectional replication for production databases leveraging goldengate as a DR solution.
- Support application teams with DR testing on Goldengate target databases.
- Configured monitoring for goldengate processes through OEM metric extensions w/ python scripts for monitoring processes with an output file and OEM Goldengate plugin.
- Create scheduled BI publisher reports for monitoring database availability, outstanding incidents, backup jobs, ServiceNow ticket tracking and DR lag
- Setup automated daily L1, weekly L0 RMAN backups and daily expdp backups for new database builds
- Setup HSM Safenet encryption for all SPARC M7 container and Pluggable databases with Autologin wallet configuration for databases to automate encryption wallet access for PDBs
- Configured ASM disks using both ASMLib and udev rules on RHEL 7 VMs
- Setup of Proof of concept systems running on RHEL Linux VMs. Leveraged OEM 13c for acquiring gold images for Databases and used the Gold image templates in OEM13c to perform Grid Infrastructure and RDBMS Installs on New servers, directly from the console.
- Migrated HP's Application Lifecycle management databases running on MS SQL server to Oracle RDBMS 184.108.40.206.0
- Worked with app teams on monitoring databases, servers during load tests. analyzed performance using ADDM, AWR reports, server-side CPU and memory utilization metrics and provided inputs on performance bottlenecks.
- Utilized Real application testing (RAT) utilities in OEM13c like Database replay for workload capture and replay on performance testing environments, simulated load tests and generated reports for analysis on effects of parameter changes.
- Support M7 Quarterly patching, scheduled maintenance activities, maintaining documentation for new system builds.
- Supporting app teams with code modifications and Structural changes to any Database objects
- Security administration, Granting privileges, access to specific objects to application users.
- Work with oracle support, application admins and Vendor support on troubleshooting unexpected issues.
Environment: Oracle 220.127.116.11.0 , Linux RHEL 7, Solaris 11.3 SPARC, OEM 13c, Goldengate
Global Delivery DBA (Oracle)
- Responsible for building out the oracle environments and providing End-to-End support for the applications pertaining to HPE Divestiture Management Office (DMO) Project.
- Migrating data from one database to the other, Refreshing and Duplication of Databases and Cloning environments very quickly.
- Providing full lifecycle Database support for Application teams
- Migrating live development and testing environments from HP UX systems on to Virtual Cent OS servers.
- Used Datapump exports and imports for smaller environments <500GB
- Cloned environments using RMAN backup-based duplication as well as Active database duplication.
- Cloned Very Large 11g Oracle SAP ERP databases (>50TB) using RMAN backups/Restore groups with archive log shipping
- Supporting Cut-over to new production environments after successful migration and Validation.
- Supporting application teams with customizations (small customs) and assist in performance tuning after moving a database to production.
- Setting up Physical standby databases and Resolving standby database recovery failures
- Installing 12c OEM Agents on servers and Adding new targets to the 12C OEM.
- Responding to Database Related Incident and change requests coming through from HP service manager.
- On-call War room Support for Databases during Cutover tests and Go-Live activities.
Environment: Oracle 11g, 12c, HP-UC 11.x, Cent OS, RMAN, Dataguard, Datapump, 12c OEM
Confidential, Chicago IL
Oracle Infrastructure DBA
- Maintained and operated Multiple Oracle 11g Production, QA, Development Databases on multiple RHEL servers and Virtual Machines while ensuring that systems are running optimally ensuring availability, efficiency and recoverability
- Utilized Oracle Cloud Manager OEM 12c to monitor databases and Proactively look for potential issues within DBs, take necessary precautions, perform Root cause analysis and develop solutions as needed
- Installed, upgraded and patched Oracle RDBMS and related products.
- Cloning Oracle databases using both RMAN and 12c OEM provisioning, Created Performance testing environments out of Production environments using OEM provisioning
- Created Dataguard Physical standby for production databases using RMAN backups and Monitoring Status of the database.
- Responsible for Oracle DB related security administration and user administration Like Creating Roles, granting privileges for app users and Creating database links as needed
- Worked with System administrators in Identifying OS side requirements for the database and Setting up new servers equipped with VERITAS(VXFS), Performed SAN migrations for a Pre-prod DB server
- Capacity and performance monitoring using OEM, taking appropriate actions to address EM alerts such as adding data files to table spaces, network issues
- Performance tuning of long running SQL queries and statements. Used SQL tuning advisor for recommendations. Implementing change of SQL plans where possible and advising App/Dev teams on Query tuning
- Opened TAR's with Oracle Support to resolve problems and Apply Patch fixes as Instructed.
- Performed System backup and recovery using RMAN, flashback, cold backups and datapump exports
- Automated database administration tasks like RMAN backups, Daily GATHER STATS jobs and Datapump Export jobs and tools development using shell scripts and crontab.
- Worked with offshore app teams with release management, Project implementation as directed
- Provided to Support to app teams with rollout of application release cycle
- On call 24 * 7 pager support duties as needed
Environment: Oracle 10.2.0.5, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124 RHEL 6.7, OEM 12c, TOAD, SQL developer