- 5+ years of experience as Oracle DBA, providing 24*7 support of development and production 19c/18c/12c/11g/10g multi - terabyte databases on Various Platforms.
- Expert in high availability technologies such as Oracle 10g/11g/12c/18c,19c RAC, ASM, and Data Guard/Standby Database.
- Excellent experience in Installation and configuration of Oracle 19c/18c, 12c, 10g, 11g in UNIX/LINUX and Windows environment.
- Implemented strategy for partitioning and management of historical data tables.
- Proficient in performing day to day DBA activities like creating schemas, users and table spaces management, performing export and Import, loading flat file data using SQL loader, Creating DB links, Materialized view creation, index creation and fine-tune queries.
- Planned and implemented DR & high availability solutions using Oracle Data Guard, Golden Gate and RAC.
- Using Grid XAG 9.1 to Monitor and manage Goldengate Rac Integration
- Installed Oracle Clusterware to provide infrastructure for RAC and configured 2 node Oracle 11g and 12cRAC.
- Experience in Installation, configuration of Oracle RAC, implemented 2 and 3 nodes RAC environments for a 1TB database.
- Planned and implemented high availability solutions using Oracle 10g and 11g RAC 12c Rac, Standby Database using Oracle Data Guard (Physical as well as Logical).
- Proficient in using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Quest TOAD and Oracle SQL Developer.
- Backup of Databases (Creating Backup Schedules based upon Business Strategy: Daily Backup, weekly Backup, merged backups etc.)
- Created and tested some features of Oracle 12c multitenant database and Oracle 18C
- Create and manage Physical Backup/Restore using RMAN with tools like TSM, veritas and netbackup
- Performed Flashback technologies like Flashback Database, Flashback Query and Flashback Table
- Captured long running SQL/runaway queries using AWR, ADDM and advise for restricting of SQL.
- Performed Switchover/Failover Testing for New Built Oracle RAC and Oracle Data guard Clusters
- Upgraded the database from Oracle 10g to 11g and from 11g to 12c to 18c using DBUA, Manual and Silent Upgrade methods
- Managing Storage using Oracle ASM by creating/dropping Diskgroups using asmca, asmcmd and sql syntax for ASM
- Sharing knowledge and extending help and suggestions for various issues faced by team members.
- Gathered database/Objects statistics using DBMS UTILITY, DBMS STATS packages and ANALYZE command.
- Scheduling and Troubleshooting Database performance issues using Statspack, Automated Workload Repository (AWR) and Automatic Database Diagnostics Monitor (ADDM).
- Excellent knowledge in Flashback Recovery, Hot/Cold Backup and Cloning/Refresh of databases using RMAN. Experience in applying patches/ patch sets to the databases.
- Extensively worked on Import/Export and Data Pump Import/Export tools.
- Experienced in loading data from flat files using SQL Loader and External Tables.
- Knowledge on Oracle Support processes for technical requests through Meta link.
- Monitoring & Reorganizing Tablespaces/Tables/Indexes.
- Skilled in using tools such as SQL Developer and TOAD.
- Replication (snapshots/materialized views)
- Expert in RMAN backups including full, incremental and cumulative.
- Data replication using Goldengate, streams and AQ
- Installed, Configured and Troubleshoot PostgreSql 9.2, 9.4, 9.6, 10, 11 and 12 on windows and Linux
- Used OS Watcher Utility (output) to give capacity planning advice to Customers and Clients
Databases: Oracle 11g, 12c, 18c, 19c / PostgreSql 9.2, 9.4, 9.6, 10, 11, 12
Database Tools: Oracle (Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL*Plus, SQL Loader, DB Configuration Assistant) Toad, OEM Grid, OEMCloud control 13c, RMAN, Exp/Imp/Data Pump, Logminer, Statspack/AWR, DBCA, DBUA, ADDM. PostgreSql(pg dump, pg repack, Pgbackrest, pg restore utility, pg basebackup, PG Admin4, Pg admin3)
Operating Systems: MS Windows, UNIX (Solaris 8/9/10, AIX, HP - UX), LINUX
Hardware: Sun Fire 15K, Sun 6320 Storage, Sun Enterprise Servers 890/880/420/450 , Sun StorEdge 6320, Hitachi, EMC, Dell Servers, Compaq Servers 6000/3000/1600/800 , HP/UX-9000, Red Hat Linux 6.2
Remote Tools: Cisco VPN, Checkpoint VPN, Remote Admin, VNC, Remote Desktop
Oracle dba /PostgreSql Dba/ Oracle Support Engineer
- Using Grid XAG 9.1 to Monitor and manage Goldengate Rac Integration
- Support Engineer for Oracle Goldengate Product ranging from 10g to 18c
- Support Advanced Replication Technologies like Streams, A.Q and Advanced replication
- Support for Integrated Distributed Transaction and Database Links.
- GoldenGate Troubleshooting and Goldengate Advance Configuration.
- Goldengate Configuration on rdbms 11G, 12C, 18C and 19C on linux.
- Configuration of Goldengate 12.3 on linux and mastery of Goldengate 12.3 new features
- Configuration and support of OGG Microservice architecture and Parallel Replicat (OGG’s 12.3, 18C and 19C
- Support for Oracle Streams, AQ and MGW
- OEM 13 Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting and target/database deployments
- Oracle 18c installation and configuration
- Oracle Goldengate 18c Installation and Configuration on Database 19c, 18c, 12c and 11G
- Imported Schema’s from Oracle 11g to RDS oracle 12c on Cloud (AWS) using SQL DEVELOPER
- Migrated from on prem to PosgreSql using DMS
- Configured and worked on PosgreSql Aurora
- Upgrade database from 11g to 18c using DBUA and Manual upgrade
- Upgrade database from 11g to 19c using manual method and dbua
- Configured, installed and troubleshoot Goldengate 19c on database 19c,18c,12c and 11g
- Used pg basebackup to take physical backup and restore to a new cluster in postgreSql
- Used pg dump, psql, pg dumpall and pg restore to backup and restore tables (logical backups)
- Monitor postgreSql performance issues using VACUUM, REINDEX, ANALYZE, VACUUM FULL
- Configured postgres streaming replication across linux servers for data integrity
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Oracle Database Administrator
- Used RMAN Duplicate and HOT/COLD backups to migrate the data from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11.
- Created a standby database by using RMAN Duplicate in order to reduce the down time for the PROD database during the migration process.
- Configured a 2 node Rac and Dataguard configuration for Dev and Test environments
- Used Secure SCP extensively for the File transfers from machines to remote server.
- Application of Oracle software patches when/where necessary.
- Data migration between databases using both Oracle 10g and 11g export/import utility and Oracle 11g exp/imp data pump.
- Database refreshes using expdp, impdp, RMAN Duplicate and cloning .
- Experienced in cloning the databases using HOT and COLD backups.
- Backup/Recovery monitoring and reporting using Oracle RMAN
- Technical documentation of all configurations, installations, implementations, monitoring and testing projects for future utilization.
- Create oracle databases on configured servers using both the DBCA & Database creation scripts.
- Manage, tune and troubleshoot database issues both on UNIX command line, SQL*Plus, OEM client, Oracle 11g database control, oracle 11g Grid Control as well as other third-party tools (TOAD, SQLDeveloper, DBArtisan and dbXpert for Oracle).
- Monitor database systems and provide technical support for database system issues and application performance enhancement/improvement using both OEM (client), Oracle 11g database control & SQL*Plus, as well as pre-developed UNIX shell scripts.
- Planning Backup/Restoration Strategy, Planning and scheduling Backups, taking Logical Backups (with Export/Import Data pump utilities).
- Tested and qualified 11g new features for setting up 11g standards for database creation and configuration. Qualified installed procedures for 11g.
- Designed and implemented database backups and Recovery strategies using RMAN, Datapump Export/Import, Cold, Hot backups
- Create database Objects, Tablespaces, Schemas as needed.
- Schema migrations from Development to Production via Tech Test environments.
- Database refresh from Production to Tech Test as needed.
Tools: Used: Oracle RMAN, Oracle 10.2.0.1, Oracle 11g, DBMS STATS, Datapump, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN
Confidential, Chicago IL
Junior Oracle Database Administrator
- Tuning SQL statements using Explain Plan, Execution Plan and SQLT tool.
- Successfully performed migrations from Oracle 10g to 11gR2 RAC (Real Application) Database.
- Successfully performed data replication using Oracle Streams in Oracle 11gR2.
- Implemented Oracle Patches (CPU, PSU) on the Compliance databases Device a plan to patch them quarterly so that we can cover all the databases in a year.
- Checking Databases Backup and Restore validity periodically, and Data refreshes from Production to Non-Production environment, Creation Duplicate Databases using RMAN Backups.
- Implemented backup policy using oracle RMAN. Prepared test environments for backup/recovery using RMAN. And legato TAPE backup management.
- Recovering Databases when there is any Physical or Logical Corruption.
- Created routines for Daily, Weekly & Monthly partitioning of tables. Created/Altered Partitioned tables for large customer related data.
- Implemented Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) for compliance related databases.
- Cloned/Migrated databases using RMAN and traditional Datapump export/import utilities in Oracle 10gR2.
- Implemented recovery strategies whenever required and successfully recovered databases in case database crash, media/disk failures by using RMAN.
- Implemented Logical and Physical Standby Databases for RAC cluster on Sun Solaris platform using Data Guard feature of Oracle 10g R2.
- Scheduling the Physical backups (hot & cold) in CRON tab using RMAN utility and monitoring the scheduled jobs.
- Applied patches 18.104.22.168, and 22.214.171.124.
- Responsible for Creating Users, Groups, Roles, Profiles and assigning the users to groups and grant necessary privileges to the relevant groups.
- Troubleshooting operational issues and documenting detailed resolution steps in ticketing system.
- Provided 24X7 support for all the production and development databases.
Tools: Used: Oracle 10.2.0.1, HP-UX 11, Sun Solaris 10.0, RAC, Oracle Streams, RMAN, Datapump, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN