- 15 years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator having hands on experience in Installation, Administration and Troubleshooting of Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i for OLTP (multiple instances)/OLAP environment and supported multiple Clusters, Non - cluster and ASM Database in production, development and Testing Servers. Experience in database administration, production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, patches, performance tuning, backup and recovery, Configured Disaster recovery databases using Data guard, replicated databases using Golden Gate.
- I have been through many EBS HCM implementations and upgrade life cycles as well as extended production.
- Automated RMAN Backups, Data pump, cloning, space management, database security, cloning, migration, AWS DMS, AWS KMS, AWS IAM, AWS ADG, AWS RAC, AWS RDS, AWS EC2 and documentation. Proficient in supporting databases running on AIX, O.E.L, R.H.E.L, Sun-Solaris and windows platforms.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and Monitoring of Oracle Server on UNIX, Linux, AIX and Windows Environments.
- Experience in Installation and Configuring of Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) with ASM and manage RAC instances using CRSCTL and SRVCTL Utility.
- Performed the 12c Upgrade of RAC cluster ware from 11g.
- Configuring and implementing Oracle ASM on UNIX, Linux, and Windows platforms.
- Configure high availability systems like Data Guard and RAC environments.
- Installed and Administered Oracle 12c, 11g ASM & 10g RAC with ASM & Oracle Clustureware File System (OCFS2).
- Well experienced in DB2 LUW versions 9.5, 9.7 & 10.5, AIX, Solaris, UNIX technologies.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Logical/Physical standby databases in Data guard.
- Configured multiple database instances using a single ASM instance.
- Providing DBA support to multiple Cluster, Non Cluster and ASM Database in production, development and Testing Servers in UNIX, AIX & Windows Environments.
- Experience in monitoring and managing of Oracle instances using Enterprise Manager Grid Control (OEM Grid).
- Experience in Implementing BACKUP and RECOVERY strategies using RMAN.
- Installation and configuration of Recovery Catalog for multiple Databases.
- Experience in taking logical backup of the database using DATAPUMP (Expdp/Impdp).
- Configured Oracle Golden Gate for bi-directional replication and migrated databases with ZERO downtime.
- Participated in implementation and maintenance of Golden Gate replication and troubleshooting the GG abends.
- Extensive troubleshooting of typical Oracle Golden gate technical issues: such as differences in the rows count from source to target, column mismatch errors, unique key violation by using ggsci / log dump/discard file & ggserr.log analysis.
- Replicated tables using single extract/pump/replicate process, performed many to one replication.
- Having good experience in EXADATA, Storage Loader and Smart Scan.
- Implemented OLTP COMPRESSION, PARTITIONING, Hybrid Columnar Compression for databases on EXADATA and the basic, low, high compression methodologies.
- Performance tuning of the database - SQL Tuning, Used Tuning utilities like STATSPACK, UTLESTAT, AWR, ADDM and Tuning of SGA, Distribution of disk I/O, Sizing of tables and indexes.
- Expertise in Using EXPLAIN PLAN for query optimization and Performance diagnostic tools like SQL Trace and TKPROF.
- Generate and interpret Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), Active Session History (ASH) and Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) reports.
- Attended Developer’s code review meetings and made recommendations to improve Efficiencies.
- Supported development teams by providing SQL statement Tuning and removing load and query performance bottlenecks by using tools EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, and TKPROF.
- Worked extensively on Performance tuning of Queries by maintaining Aggregates, Compression, partition, indexing and use of Statistics.
- Applying PSU Patches and interim patches whenever required to make the database software up to date.
- Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL, Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting, ERwin Data modeling, OLAP, Oracle Data Dictionary - metadata, Logical and Physical Database Design.
- Written shell scripts to monitor Oracle services, Golden Gate processes, to upgrade databases from 10g to 11g, to automate startup/shutdown of Oracle database, to migrate database from one server to another.
- Expertise in developing various Database objects like Triggers, Stored procedures, Functions, Sequences, Views etc.
- Worked on AWS DMS for Migrating Oracle databases.
- Worked on S3 buckets and Cloud trails to monitor logs and backups.
- Hands on experience in implementing and installation of DataGuard Broker for EC2 instances and supported High Availability environment in Multi-AZ locations.
- Responsible 24x7 production operations (incident break/fix, change, service requests, management) and On-Call rotation.
Operating Systems: HP-UX 10.x, 11.x, Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, 8, 9, 10, AIX 5.1, 5.2,6.1, Red Hat Linux RHEL 4.x,5.x, Windows
Database: EC2, RDS, RDBMS, Oracle10g/11g/12c.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++ and UNIX Shell Scripting.
DB Management: TOAD 9.5, DB Artisan, SQL Developer and Enterprise Manager grid.
Tools: AWS - SCT, KMS, DMS, IAM, MMIS, RMAN, OEM, Oracle Management Service (OMS), SQL*Loader, ASM, Export/Import, TOAD, Patch Management, ODBC, DBUA, DBCA, putty, Golden32, ImpExp32, Grid Control, Data pump, Data guard, VERITAS Net Backup and MS Access.
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR and ADDM, SQLT, SQL TUNING ADVISOR
AWS/Oracle Database Administrator
- Installation and use of High Availability and Disaster Recovery components; Oracle GRID Infrastructure /Clusterware, Oracle 12c two node RAC for the database tier.
- Planning and implementing DR & high availability solutions using Oracle 11g /12c Standby Database using Dataguard.
- Installing agent 12c on the server. Adding high Available database with CRS, scheduling Backups through OEM12c.
- Responsible for Build Work in various servers which has 3 Node RAC & Non - RAC, High Availability, Golden Gate Technologies.
- Configured Data Guard Broker and used for switchover and stopping and Starting Media recovery process.
- Implemented Fast Start Fail Over (FSFO) using Data Guard Broker in Production Environment.
- Responsible for Implementation of Oracle 11g R1 Grid Control and configured nodes for proactive monitoring and auditing.
- Installed 12C grid control and Used Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid control 11g/12c for monitoring databases.
- Handled Physical and Logical Corruptions and recovery using RMAN (Recovery Advisor).
- Worked on implementing Advanced Security for PHI/PII data.
- Hands on experience in building new Encryption Keys to protect PHI/PII data in production environment.
- Hands on experience in providing Oracle Net traffic encryption among databases and application servers using Oracle Advanced Security utility.
- Worked on AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) for protecting Oracle Network Traffic Services.
- Hands on experience in using MMIS tool for all upgrades on application servers.
- Worked on configuring and installing Oracle Security features in MMIS.
- Hands on experience in Data Import/Export and backup using fullfile Import/Export using MMIS.
- Applied database patches using Opatch utility & building Clone instances for Development and Test teams.
- Involved in Mass Agent Deployment using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Implemented Data Guard with maximum availability and performance configurations for production databases.
- Performance tuning of oracle databases using Sql Access Advisor, Sql Performance Analyzer, sql Tuning Advisor.
- Upgraded oracle 10g databases to oracle 11g R1 (126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52) and 11g R2 (184.108.40.206).
- Upgraded oracle RAC databases from 10g to 11g.
- Hands on experience in Cross Platform migration from Unix 10g to Linux 12c databases.
- Worked on migrating databases from windows platform to Linux platform.
- Hands on experience in Oracle Fusion Migration from Oracle 9i to 11g and 12c Fusion databases.
- Conducted time-to-time analysis and monitoring of the software and hardware requirements and act accordingly.
- As part of the GDBA Support team we provided L2/L3 level support to the application teams during high risk issues (escalations) and within normal activities like code migration, Database recovery via RMAN, troubleshoot performance issues, export and import of tables/schemas among environments.
- Implemented Oracle Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) Oracle backups.
- Worked on wallet and TDE (transparent data encryption) for encrypting the sensitive data, using column encryption and tablespace encryption.
- Worked on Transparent Data Encryption for specific columns in Logical Standby.
- Configure Oracle Advanced Security to implement Transparent Data Encryption at table space, table and column levels. Also configured Redaction using OEM's Policy expression builder.
- Used Oracle database vault and proactively protecting application data, Created Oracle Wallet, Enabling Transparent Data Encryption, Automatic Login Enabled for Transparent Data Encryption, Setting and Resetting the Master Key, Adding and Removing Salt from an Encrypted Columns, created encrypted table spaces and backup wallet and master keys to tapes.
- Worked on AWS Oracle databases for App migration into private cloud.
- Worked on AWS Database Migration Services for migrating data from Oracle to RDS.
- Hands on experience in Implementing DataGuard High Availability Environment on RDS Oracle Databases.
- Worked on Configuring and installation of DataGuard Broker on AWS Servers.
- Worked on configuring and installing Data Guard Broker and implemented FSFO in Higher Environment.
- Supported Main DBA functions in RDS and documenting in confluence page.
- Worked on Developing a Lambda Function script for copying Audit files to S3 buckets.
- Developed a shell script for Audit enable/disable on RDS Oracle Tables in multiple databases.
- Worked on documenting Audit functions into confluence page.
- Published RDS capabilities and limitations documentation into confluence page.
- Worked on FGA for new RDS Oracle databases and created IAM policies to the users.
- Worked on Audit test by truncating the tables in the Oracle database and validated results.
- Supporting High Availability Environment and monitoring those databases for performance tuning.
- Worked on Log Mining function and documented in confluence page.
- Hands on experience in ECS services for Docker management and documented in confluence page.
- Worked on Implementing Disaster Recovery strategies for RDS Oracle databases and documented into confluence page.
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS etc.
- Configured and installed, involved using AWS services such as EC2, Data Pipeline, S3, RDS and EMR. Architecting new DBA solutions in AWS.
- Provide domain expertise of open-source and commercial relational DBMS products and services (Oracle 11g/12c, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra) databases.
- Defined AWS Security Groups, which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic, allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Worked on migrating Oracle databases to AWS RDS using utility AWS Database Migration Service (DMS).
- Worked on multiple databases available in AWS RDS such as Aurora, Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, and PostgreSQL.
- Worked on converting schema from one DB engine to AWS RDS using AWS Schema Conversion Tool (SCT).
- Hands on experience in encrypting data using AWS Key Management Service (KMS).
- Hands on experience in building Terraform Scripts for databases and used Chef tool for sharing cookbooks.
- Worked on integrating KMS to AWS CloudTrail to monitor logs used by keys for compliance Databases.
- Worked on Creating Identity Access Management policies (IAM) with Audit Team for user identities and for security breach.
- Deployed Oracle RAC on AWS EC2 by using API calls and commands using AWS CLI.
- Worked on Cluster Architecture for AWS and implemented 2-node RAC architecture on Physical on-premises infrastructure.
- Worked on installing and configuring Active DataGuard (ADG) for AWS instances.
- Performed DBA activities using ADG in AWS are rolling upgrades and first patching on standby using physical standby.
- Worked on taking incremental backups on ADG and load balancing, service management across the replicated databases.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers such as EC2 and storage such as S3 buckets using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and backup on AWS.
- Created an AWS RDS Aurora DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS Aurora DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Aurora DB cluster.
- Hands on experience in Amazon RDS Aurora performance tuning.
- Provided L2 and L3 production support depending upon the ticket assigned to meet the corresponding SLA's.
- Developed scripts to proactively monitor and databases and alter the DBA on events such as running out of extents, disk space and actively involved in shell scripting for various CORN jobs to be run.
- Database monitoring and maintenance activities which include checking alert logs, space management, undo management, gathering database statistics, database locking issues, scheduling of jobs, creation of users, schemas, table spaces and other database objects.
- Involved in 24x7 support for 8TB, 4 Node productions RAC database with on-call pager.
- Working with the Oracle Support Mechanisms; My Oracle Support (Metalink), Raising Service Requests.
Environment: Oracle 12c/11gR2/10g, Red Hat Linux, UNIX, OEM Grid Control, RAC, ASM, Amazon Webservices (AWS), OEM 13c, ERP, Oracle Advanced Security, EBS R12.1.3 with RAC 11gR2 (220.127.116.11), TLS, Data Guard, OPatch, Stats Pack, TKPROF, and SQL*Trace, AWR, ADDM, ASH, SQL*Loader, ASCP, Stats Pack, SQL*Trace, Explain Plan, SQL tuning advisor, SQL access advisor, SQL planned management, UNIX Shell scripting, export/import.
AWS/Oracle Database Administrator
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Oracle 10g and 11g databases on AIX.
- Monitoring Day-to-Day Backups, Log’s & recovering them as per the requirement.
- Successfully implemented Backup & Recovery using RMAN, Hot and Cold backups.
- Taking the RMAN incremental and cumulative and scheduling the databases backup using Cron tab.
- Monitoring the Oracle Instances, Users, Tables, Table spaces, Memory structures, and Rollback segments, Redo logs, Archived Redo logs and Alerts.
- Worked on migrating databases from 11g to 12c.
- Implemented cross platform migration from 11g to 12c, from Linux to AIX and Unix to Linux.
- Hands on experience in installation and configuration of Oracle 12c Advanced Security Template.
- Expertise in moving databases to Exadata and Involved in migration strategies.
- Implemented several new features in Exadata concepts like Hybrid Columnar compression (HCC), Smart Cache, Storage indexes and cell offload processing.
- Familiarity with CellCLI tool to manage the Exadata storage cells.
- Involvement in space management, rectification of lock problems, managed quotas.
- Configuration of Listener and Net Service names using NETCA.
- Expertise in Installing and configuring ASM and RAC for high availability databases.
- Strong Exposure in creation on an Oracle 12c Multi-tenant RAC data base with 2 node cluster and instances using ASM storage.
- Performed Database Performance and Tuning on the DB2 LUW versions 9.7, 10.1, 10.5. Upgraded database from DB2 LUW 9.7.4 to DB2 LUW 10.1.3.
- Installed Oracle DB 10g, 11g RDBMS, RAC on ASM, Applying Oracle Critical patch updates, Implementing and Manage Data Guard, Replication, Backup and Recovery support and performance tuning etc.
- Expert in performance tuning of database, memory & I/O. used tools such as AWR, ADDM, STATSPACKING, HANG ANALIZE, SYSTEM STATE and analyzing queries using EXPLAIN PLAIN, SQL-TRACE, TKPROOF, OEM.
- Worked on Multiple RAC clustered, converting single node instance to RAC and adding instance to the existing 5 Node RAC.
- Configured Data guard for disaster recovery purposes.
- Implemented Data Guard with maximum availability, protection and performance configurations and worked with Data Guard Fail over and Switch over cases.
- Setup and configured Oracle 10g/11g Physical Standby database (Data Guard) to ensure high availability.
- Cloned schemas, objects and data on new server using Data pump.
- Responsible for capacity planning, recovery planning and installing patches.
- Maintained Data Guard to ensure high availability, data protection and disaster recovery for enterprise data.
- Performed cloning and refresh of Database from production environment to test environment using RMAN Duplicate database and Data pump import export.
- Installed 12c agents on hosts and discovered targets.
- Migrated OLAP databases close to 8TB with minimal downtime using Golden Gate and verified data integrity using Golden gate Veridata tool for Linux 3 Node RAC.
- Configured and implemented Oracle Golden Gate replication.
- Resolving the conflicts between the target and source database in Oracle Golden Gate.
- Expertise in creating Oracle Tables, Table Partitions, Views, and Materialized Views.
- Install, maintain and monitor Web Logic server as part of OEM Grid Control setup.
- Implemented Oracle Advanced Security to provide the most cost-effective solution for comprehensive data protection.
- Implemented Advanced Security in different database one as Transparent Data Encryption and other as Oracle Data Redaction.
- Worked on Multiple databases available in AWS like (Cassandra, MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Mongo DB).
- Used TOAD as third party software for analyzing the database issues and generating results sets in xls formats.
- Handled all daily DBA activities and experience with PERL/SQL scripting, PL/SQL coding, stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers to enforce the referential integrity constraints and business rules.
- Involved in 24x7 production database maintenance and on-call support.
Environment: Oracle12c/11g/10g/9i,Oracle EXADATA X2-2 HALF RACK, Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux, RMAN, AWS (Amazon Web Services), SQL server, Data Guard, Golden Gate, OEM, Grid Control, Toad 10.X, STATSPACK, AWR, Explain Plan.
Oracle Database Administrator
- Installed and Configured Oracle 10g/11g databases on Linux and also Upgraded Oracle databases from 10g to 11g.
- Installed and Configured of Oracle OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) Grid Control and OEM Database Control to monitor database.
- Involved in applying latest patches on the oracle database and also upgrading the database.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Oracle 10g/11g RAC.
- Performed Add-Node procedure on a 2-Node RAC Cluster to add two additional nodes.
- Managed and monitored the Oracle Real Application Cluster (4 node RAC) running on ASM storage.
- Involved in RAC administration including 10g Database cloning, tuning, patching and monitoring concurrent manager processing etc.
- Created and Managed Standby Database. Installed and configured DataGuard.
- Used DataGuard broker to monitor DataGuard configurations on standby database.
- Good working and experience in implementing DataGuard and Stand-by databases for fail-over and recovery.
- Used RMAN for backups and recovery and configured databases in Catalog server and involved in backup of Catalog database.
- Upgrading GoldenGate from 10g to 11g and Expertise on Oracle GoldenGate and be able to configure Golden Gate and troubleshoot the issues related to GoldenGate independently.
- Scheduled Oracle Jobs USING DBMS SCHEDULER and Backups using CRONTAB.
- Restoration and Recovery of databases at the times of occurrence of critical failures.
- Performed Block Recovery and Data file recovery using RMAN. Assisting in implementation of change control process in production.
- Identified and fixed the logical block corruption using RMAN Involved in taking logical backup using Data pump Exp-dp and Imp-dp Utility.
- Performed Data load on different databases from flat file using SQL*Loader.
- Written Stored Procedures and Triggers for database maintenance and management using PL/SQL
- UNIX Shell Scripts for backups.
- Pitched in help in other areas of the EBS such as fixing issues with the customer extensions in Oracle Project.
- Extensively used features such as Data Pump, Flash Back Recovery, ASM, AWR, ADDM for Generating reports.
- Conducted daily routine checks on alert logs and trace files for database errors and taken necessary actions to resolve the issue.
- Configured Listener and TNSnames using NETCA for creating client-server environment.
- Created tablespaces and added new data file to increase the size of the existing tablespace.
- Creating users and granting appropriate roles and privileges to them to perform their regular tasks.
- Day to day maintenance, troubleshooting and tuning of production Oracle database applications, daily monitoring and management network management software.
- Provided On-Call 24x7 support for production databases.
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g, Linux, HP-UNIX Windows, RAC, ASM, DBCA, OEM Grid Control, HP Data Protector, Oracle Streams Data Guard, EBS R12.1.3 with RAC 11gR2 (18.104.22.168), OID, TOAD, GoldenGate, RMAN, VERITAS Net Backup, Data Pump, Tuning, Stats Pack, TKPROF, and SQL*Trace, AWR, ADDM, ASH, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, SQL* Loader.