- Over 13 years of experience in Oracle Database Administration on Design, Administration, Configuration, and Support for Pre and Post Production OLTP and Data warehousing systems
- 13 years of Extensive Experience in Installing and Upgrading Oracle 8i through 19c databases on production, test and development environments on Solaris, AIX, HP Unix and Linux boxes.
- 2+ years of experience handling EC2 instances on AWS
- Expertise in migrating oracle 11g database to Amazon cloud
- 2+ years of experience in handling and administering Postgres databases
- 13 years of Proficient Experience with Standby Database, Data Guard for DR drills, Replication.
- 9+ years of experience in Installing, Implementing, Configuring and Running Oracle 10g R2/ 11g RAC.
- 8+ years of experience in upgrading RAC Database 10g R2 to 11g R2
- 12 years of Extensive Performance Tuning experience, specializing in Operating system tuning, SQL tuning, Database/Instance tuning
- 1 Year of experience handing 19c databases
- 2 years experience handling Exadata X4 machines
- 2+ years working on Delphix to spin and clone databases
- Involved in logical and physical data modeling and schema design using Erwin and DB Artisan tool for OLTP databases.
- 5 Years of Experience in Implementing 12c Oracle Data Masking, 12cR2 Oracle Data Encryption and 11g R2 Oracle data redaction
- Experience in OLTP/DSS database systems, managing large Oracle databases (VLDB) and data warehouse systems.
- Strong experience with Oracle Databases (19c/18c/12c/11g/10g/9i/8i), RAC on Unix/Linux/Windows/ Confidential platforms.
- Experience with Installation, Configuration, Upgrades, migrations, administration, security and Patching of Oracle Databases and Oracle Application
- Extensive experience handling DWH systems with Informatica application.
- Migrated database across multiple data centers depending on requirement
- Experience with SQL turning, AWR reports, Wait events and also Performance issues of long running jobs.
- Recovered databases as followed by critical failures like hardware / software.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining Oracle Golden gate(Oracle GG 13)
- Experience in handling the entire life cycle of the project with respect to Databases starting from planning to documenting Standard operating procedures for Post production support.
- Considerable experience working with Sql Developer, DB Artisan and Toad products for sql server and Oracle
- Experience handling sql server 2008 backup, replication and mirroring of databases
- Excellent problem resolution and communication skills with ability to work under pressure in a highly visible role.
- Very good knowledge of Hbase, Mongo database, Neo4J graph database and hadoop architecture.
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g/12c,19c, MS - Access2003, MySQL 5.1, SqlServer 2008, HBASE, Mongo DB, Postgres, Exadata x4
Languages: C, C++, SQL,PL/SQL, Perl, Java
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris, RHEL, OEL, HP UNIX, AS/400, OS/390, Z/OS and Windows 95/98 2000/NT/XP, AIX
Cloud Technologies: AWS
Case Tools & Utilities: TOAD, SQL Developer, PL/SQL Developer, OUI, DBCA, DBUA, Grid Control, EXP / IMP, SQL Tuning ADVISOR/ TKPROF / EXPLAIN PLAN / STATSPACK, ADDM, AWR and DATAPUMP, HP Service Desk, HP Openview, IBM Clearquest, Remedy, HP Data Protector, DB Artisan, Helpzilla, HP Service guard, Erwin, Golden Gate, Informatica, TSM, CA Erwin, Delphix
Monitoring tool: BMC Patrol, Oracle Enterprise Manger 10g/11g, Zenoss, IBM Rational Tools (RTC)
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Configured Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c on linux (RHEL 6.6)
- Implemented and Managed Data masking using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c to mask PHI, PII data.
- Migrated oracle 11g databases to Amazon AWS EC2.
- Configured Oracle golden replication between oracle databases.
- Data modelling for OLTP database using CA ERwin tool.
- Installation, Administration and Configuration of Postgres database
- Backup and recovery of Oracle database using expdp/impdp and RMAN utilities provide L3 support during oncall
- Manage standby databases using Oracle Data Guard, replication using 11G Active dataguard feature
- Spin and clone databases using Delphix
- Assisted in provision and build of Oracle 12c, 11gR2 (184.108.40.206) 4 node RAC database on Confidential VBlock .
- Implemented and Maintain Oracle Data Encryption ( TDE ) using Data wallet
- Performance tuning of application queries at regular interval.
- Promote database queries across environments using DATICAL tool
- Using IBM Rational ticketing tools (RTC) for ticketing system.
Environment: Oracle 19c, 12c(12.2), 11gR2 (220.127.116.11), Oracle 13c/12c EM grid control, Dell TOAD,CA Erwin, IBM RTC, Datical, TDE, AWS, EC2, IBM Websphere, Postgres, Informatica, Delphix
- Implemented stand-alone and RAC database creation, backup scripts configuration to data domain and creation of crontab scripts for DB maintenance.
- Configured and Maintained Oracle Golden gate for active replication between OLTP and OLAP databases for reporting.
- Exadata X4 Server administration using CellCLI, CellSRV
- Monitoring of cell flash cache, infiniband connectivity of exadata machine
- Apply Quarterly patching on Exadata and non- Exadata machine
- Cloned databases using RMAN/BCV.
- Configured and maintained 10g/11g EM grid control
- Installed multiple versions of 10g R2/11g databases on OEL.
- Configured fast start fail over in oracle 11g dataguard as part of maximum availability.
- Analyzed and tuned SQL queries using various performance tuning techniques like Oracle Sql Performance Analyzer (SPA)
- Identified performance issues by analyzing AWR, Statspack, and ADDM, and tuned databases and servers for best performance
- Involved in logical and physical data modeling and schema design using Erwin tool.
- Implemented 11g Active Dataguard on RHEL operating system.
- Applying CPU (Critical Patch Updates) on Oracle databases.
- Recovered databases after failures related to hardware / software.
- Automated scripts for weekly cloning of databases using RMAN duplicate
- Created Oracle EBS users and added responsibilities to the users depending on the requirement
- Added and dropped disks to/from disk groups to ASM whenever is required.
- Identify and fix issues upon providing RCA for Severity 1 and Severity 2 issues.
- Generate audit reports for SOX databases as part of policy
- Working on Transportable tablespace refresh to refresh between two Dataware house OLAP databases.
- Active involvement in monitoring server performance to reduce performance bottleneck
Environment: Oracle 11g R2 RAC,Exadata x2, Oracle 11i ebiz, Oracle 11g EM grid control, Golden gate, Helpzilla, HP Project Portfolio Management, Zenoss, Linux, pl/sql, TOAD, CA Erwin
Sr. Database Administrator
- Provided 24/7 On-call DBA support with on-demand client interaction and a customer focused attitude
- Maintained very large Databases OLTP, Data Warehouse house(OLAP) and SAP Oracle databases for various in house applications.
- Upgraded database for oracle 10g R2 to oracle 11g r1 on Solaris, AIX and linux environment
- Maintained SAP databases using SAP BRTOOLS
- Monitored, and handled escalations and attending ERTs whenever required.
- SQL performance tuning as per the requirement .
- Used clear quest tool to track the progress of projects .
- Maintained physical and logical standby databases and configured DG broker .
- Tuned intialization parameters and database structures for better performance
- Audited SOX database credentials and performed maintenance as per policy
- Prioritized issues based on the severity and SLA norms as per SOW
- Backup and Restore archive log files using TSM tool
- Involved in logical and physical data modeling and schema design using DB artisan tool.
- Performed monthly and quarterly maintenance activities like table partitioning and tablespace re-organization.
- Enhanced backup performance by adding multiple channels in RMAN and tuning OS parameters
- Used DBArtisan tool for quick performance monitoring and modeling of database
- Installed & configured the Oracle database as per application requirements
- Upgraded and migrated databases from Windows X64 to Solaris SPARC machines
- Partitioned tables on quarterly basis for better performance
- Applied PSU, CPU, and one off patches for development, test and Production environments
- Cloned Production Databases to Development and Test environments
- Performed On call, on pager, 24x7 production support and maintenance of Database Servers on a rotation basis.
Environment: Oracle 10g R2(10.2.0.3 and 10.2.0.4), SAP, 10g RAC, DB artisan, BRTOOLS, 10g OEM Grid control, clearquest, BMC Remedy, linux, solaris, AIX, TSM, pl/sql, TOAD
Oracle Database Administrator
- Installed of Oracle 11g RAC ONE , 10g RAC and standalone databases on RHEL 6 platform
- Validation of backups by recovering the backups on test machines at regular intervals
- Upgraded existing Oracle 10g Grid control EM server to Oracle 11g EM server.
- Co-ordinated with the Oracle support to resolve any critical issues.
- Configured shell scripts to track growth of databases.
- Applied CPU Patches to databases as and when required depending on downtime availability.
- Managed SAP databases using SAP BR Tools like BR Backup and BR archive .
- Troubleshooting database versions 10g R2, 11g R1 and SAP databases.
- Created performance tuning activities like index rebuild tablespace reorganization, partitioning tables on a monthly and quarterly basis depending on requirement.
- Installed pentaho client for oracle database monitoring and growth trend analysis
- Cloned Production databases using RMAN utility on a weekly basis for business reports.
- Worked closely with developers and application support team to troubleshoot and tune databases as per the requirement.
- Implemented high availability solutions such as Standby Database and Disaster Recovery setup using dataguard.
- Foreseen strict adherence to ITIL processes like Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management by using BMC Remedy tool.
- Manage backup of sql server databases depending on the critical of databases
- Recommended and educated developers for best SQL coding practices
- Designed backup strategy to the newly built databases as per the requirements
- Upgrade critical databases from 10g to 11g R1 environment on linux environment with minimal outage.
- Supported Sql server 2008 non-production databases during releases
Environment: Oracle 10g R2, 11g Rac one, Oracle Siebel CRM application, SAP BR Tools, Remedy, Pentaho, Oracle 11g Grid Enterprise Manager, Sql server 2008, TOAD, pl/sql
Oracle Database Administrator
- Database monitoring, maintenance and backups on daily basis.
- Handled tickets using HP Openview tool.
- Maintained critical database backups using HP data protector snapshot backup tool.
- Involved in database switch over and switch back activities as part of yearly drill to validate the disaster recovery strategy.
- Installed Oracle 9i database for QA environment and applied Oracle CVE patch as per the requirement.
- Created scripts to verify cold and hot backup of databases.
- Performed Database Switch over Testing.
- Manually recovered DR Site when log shipping was not happening
- Performed cloning of a database to generate reports.
- Took Logical, Cold & snapshot backup of the database regularly.
- Moved data between database using utilities like Export/Import .
- Created and managed different kinds of Tablespaces, extent and storage parameters.
- Created bash shell scripts on linux environment to manage archivelog.
- Created new user accounts, profiles, and roles and assigned them to different users.
- Configured listeners on server side and TNS aliases on client side.
- Tested Data Guard for 24x7 databases and implemented it on test database.
- Frequent interaction with Developers, and working with them in developing the applications using SQL developer
Environment: Oracle 9i, Infosys Finacle application, HP Openview, HP dataprotector, sql developer, HP Service guard, HP UNIX, Linux