A challenging position that will utilize my technical and leadership experience with opportunities for personal contribution to organizational goals and professional growth. Eligible to work for any employer.
- Experienced IT Leader, Mentor and Strategist with a demonstrated work history. Skilled in ERP systems, Databases, Analytics, Enterprise Architecture and Governance.
- Strong Information Systems professional with over 14+ Years of IT/IS experience, which includes
- Oracle Apps DBA/Oracle DBA
- Database development experience
- Oracle ERP Cloud
- Oracle Cloud (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS)
- Oracle IDCS (Oracle Identity Cloud Service)
- Oracle WebLogic Administration.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Shell scripting, Perl, C, Java, Pascal, COBOL
Operating Systems: Solaris 8/9/10, HP - UX, Digital UNIX, IBM-AIX, SVR UNIXRedhat LINUX, Windows - 95/98/NT/XP/7
ERP Software: Oracle Applications Rel 10.5 thru R12.2.5, WDS 6.xSAP HR, Oracle Hyperion, Autotime, ADP PCPW.
Database Environments: Oracle 7.x/8.x/8i/9i/10g/11g/12c, SQL Server 2008 R2 thru 2014, MS-Access, ODBC, JDBC, dBASE
Software Tools & GUIs: Power Builder, Visual Basic, Pro*C, SQL*Plus, Oracle Developer Suite, Oracle Workflow Builder, OEM, TOADPL/SQL Developer, DB Audit, ViaTil/Remedy, Veritas Cluster Manager
Case Tools: Logic Works Erwin/ERX, Oracle Designer 2000
Source Control tools: Clear Case, PVCS
Web Tools/Software: Web Logic, Oracle iAS, HTML, XML, Java ScriptingApache
BW/BI Tools: OBIEE, Power BI, OWB, Oracle Discoverer, SAP BW, Bex Analyzer
Planning/Presentation Tools: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office and Visio.
Hardware Platforms: Sun Sparc v880/v440, HP9000 E45/E55, DEC-Alpha 1200/2100A/DS20, HCL-Magnum, HP
Sr. Oracle Apps DBA
- Managed and mentored a team of 5 DBAs.
- Responsible for supporting Oracle Landscape (Oracle Apps, Oracle Databases, Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Access Manager, Hyperion and OBIEE) including the Hardware (Sun Sparc systems), the applications were running on and SQL Server Environment.
- Helped team grow from supporting production systems to a value add to the projects by optimizing the processes, automating the daily routines and offloading tier1 tasks to offshore team.
- Established Database COE and standardized policies & procedures globally.
- Created 24/7 teams with staff in US, Europe and Asia for “follow - the-sun” support model. Delivered 99.99% systems uptime.
- Consolidated Oracle and SQL Server licenses and migrated the Applications to Std Edition where possible - Cost Savings of close to 0.5 million.
- Ensured best practices followed for the Database Installs/Upgrades/Administration. Data Security and periodic auditing was given priority and passed internal/external audits with no high/medium findings.
- Guided the team and participated in the following projects(Hands-on) in addition to the team management and delivery.
- R12.1.3 to R12.2.5 upgrade
- Worked with DBA team to upgrade to R12.2.5
- Configured WebLogic OACOREs to ensure the system stability
- Gained Experience on enabling logging/trace and debugging application tier components like OACORE, OAFM, WebLogic & OPMN services JRE Upgrade - Serve side upgrade and ensured client environment compatibility
- Oracle E-Business Suite Security
- User Management Setup and Administration
- Oracle Application Object Library Security
- Single-Sign-On integration
- Oracle TNS Listener Security
- Oracle Database Security
- Enabling Oracle EBS Audit Trail
- Running Web Scanning tools by configuring profiles like utilities:Diagnostics, FND: Diagnostics, FND:Validation Level,
- Experience in Security Configuration and Auditing Scripts for Oracle EBS 12.2/12.1/18.104.22.168
- Check Profile Errors
- Check Missing Profiles
- Check if new features are enabled for EBS 12.2
- Check Apps users with default Passwords
- Check DB users with default Passwords
- Use Security Flag on DBC file
- Enable Application Tier Secure Socket Layer
- Encrypt Credit Card Data
- Status of 12.2 Security Features
- Oracle E-Business Suite Auditing
- Configure DB Auditing
- Validating Auditing and Logging Settings
- Auditing Login and Session
- Page Access Tracking
- Resource Usage Evaluation
- Cloud Security using Oracle IDCS
- Experience in implementing Identify and Management on Premise and Cloud environments.
- Experience in Identity Secure Terminology SAML, OAuth and OpenID connect
- Work experience on Oracle IDCS
- Registering for Cloud and Accessing IDCS console
- Managing IDCS users, Groups and Applications as (IDCS Administration)
- Customizations default notifications and settings
- Managing IDCS applications using Token based SSO Auditing and IDCS reports
- Familiar with IDCS Rest API’s
- Monitoring IDCS Performance and IDCS instance tuning and troubleshooting
- Oracle Access Manager
- Installation, configuration, maintenance of Oracle Middle Fusion including OIM, OAM, OID and OUD on RedHat Linux 6
- Upgraded OAM 11gr2PS2 to OAM 11gr2 PS3.
- Enabled Single Sign On for E-Business environment.
- Self-service functions, the plugin will redirect requests to the OAM/OAAM gateways for authentication and/or session management.
- Enabled "two factor" (knowledge based authentication).
- Integration and Setup of OIM 11gr2PS2 Reconciliation & Provisioning with Active Directory.
- Supported the Entire OIM/OAM system/servers during various stages.
- Extensive experience in implementing and supporting Identity and Access Management environments comprised of Oracle Identity Manager (OIM), Oracle Internet Directory, Oracle Virtual Directory, Oracle Access Manager (OAM) and MS Active Directory.
- Oracle Cloud ERP
- Provisioning a New Oracle E-Business Suite Installation on a TWo Node on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic .
- Deploying the EBS Cloud Admin Tool to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic .
- Provisioning a New Oracle E-Business Suite Installation on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic using the EBS Cloud Admin Tool .
- Cloning Oracle E-Business Suite From On-Premises to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic Using EBS Cloud Tools .
- Integrating Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic with Oracle Access Manager Using the EBS Cloud Admin Tool
- Oracle Apps 11.5.9 to 11.5.10 Upgrade
- Oracle HR implementation
- Supported the implementation as techno-functional resource in addition to Apps DBA
- Implemented VPD based security (using CS*Secure) for the HR data - Top Down approach for Data Visualization
- Implemented alerting mechanism to inform CIO and HR Director for unauthorized access of HR Data
- Integrated APEX with EBS to inherit EBS security, Developed HR Reports in APEX
- Implemented Data masking for HR data for downstream clonings
- Oracle PO 11.5.10 implementation
- Oracle Advanced Benefits Implementation
- Supported the implementation as techno-functional resource in addition to Apps DBA
- Co-managed the project as an SME
- Oracle HR to ADP Migration
- SME on the Employee Data migration from Oracle to ADP
- Ensured Data retention of Oracle HR as per the policies
- Migrated 11i instances from Japan, Korea and Taiwan to North America
- Implementation of R12 (R12.1.3) - Global instance
- R12 New implementation - Consolidated multiple 11i instances into a Global instance
- Supported Setups, Data migration from 11i to R12
- Supported multiple CRPs (Business Simulations)
- Cloned Various instances, Patching
- Implemented AMP for OEM for better monitoring and support of Oracle Apps
- OBIEE Installation and Dashboards development for Private Client group
- SQL Server Installations/Upgrades/Virtualization/Consolidation
- Upgraded from 2008 R2 to 2012/2014
- Virtualized SQL Servers on VMware
- Early Adoption of SQL Server 2016 for Portfolio Management Group
- Supported 100+ Instances, 400+ Databases (Raging from few Gig to multi TB)
- Migrated Various Application DBs from SQL Server Enterprise to Standard and consolidated various SQL environment to save licensing costs
- Disaster Recovery Setup/Manage using Hot Standdby/RMAN and SRM
- Epicor Financials
- Lead the efforts to bring in Epicor Systems from outsourced vendor to in-house
- Supported and Stabilized the system
- Oracle DB Upgrades
- Upgraded from 9i to 10g, to 11g, to 12c
- Virtualized Oracle environment for Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and RMAN
- Supported 30+ Instances, 100+ Databases (Raging from few Gig to TB)
- Platform Migration of R12 (R12.1.3) from Solaris to Linux
- Installation and Patching of R12 on Linux
- Migrated Data using Data Pump and other Export/Import utilities
- Manifest Implementation to get the Linux environment to the latest R12 level
- Windows 7, Office 2013 and IE 11 Upgrades
- Patching Oracle and Oracle Apps environments to ensure the certification for Windows 7 Office 2013 and IE 11
- Worked with windows groups to resolve various client side issues
- Supported various Data Center Upgrades/Moves
- Cloud Automation Tools
- Experience in implementing Azure DevOps
- Experience in writing scripts on PowerShell and Bash
- Experience in Agile methodlogies
- Supported Oracle Workday Cloud implementation, Data Sync to MS AD
- Discoverer Upgrades from 9i to 10g, 10g to 11g
- Evaluated multiple products for Discoverer replacement - Eis Tech, Excel for Apps, Polaris RWB, ORBIT and Measure IT
- Production support for Oracle Apps
- Upgrade Planning for Oracle Apps from 11.5.9 to 11.5.10
Oracle Apps DBA
- Upgraded Oracle Apps from 11.5.9 to 11.5.10
- Upgraded database(s) from 8i to 9i.
- Implementing Discoverer 4i
- SOX Compliance & Remediation - Implemented password control and aging in Oracle Apps.
- Implemented DB Audit Tool to resolve SOX SOD issue.
- Evaluating VERITAS Clustering for Fail-Over/High availability of Oracle Applications 11i.
- Setting up Sun-Fire V440 servers in a High Availability (HA) cluster configuration using VERITAS Storage Foundation (VSF) and High Availability (HA) solutions.
- Oracle 9i Installation, patching, DB creation, Oracle Net Configuration, Hot backup setup.
- Worked with Unix Admin to define VCS service group(s) and tested the failover.
- Supported and maintained Oracle Apps 11.5.9, WDS 6.x and the corresponding DBs for Production/Stdby/Dev/Test environments
- Oracle Apps Cloning & Patching.
- User Administration, space mgmt, performance tuning, troubleshoot.
- Defining Menus, Responsibilities and printers. OCM administration and data purging.
- Supporting Manugistics/WDS MFG applications and database(s).
- Implemented HOT Standby and RMAN for all the business critical DBs.
- Hot standby server setup using HOT stdby DB and Oracle Apps cloning (Rapid Clone).
- Participate in Code reviews, CAB reviews and Security reviews.
- Apps and DB configuration Control & change management.
- Develop/Enhance Discoverer EULs and customizations/bolt-ons.
- Installed Oracle applications 11.5.0 on SUN Solaris 8.
- Consolidated Oracle Apps 10.7 and 11.0.3 Instances.
- Did a test upgrade to Oracle Apps 11.5.0 and to 11.5.4
- Tailored and documented the upgrade process using oracle’s upgrade template.
- Team Lead - completed the project on time, under budget. Won performance incentive.
- Upgraded Oracle Apps 10.7 & 1103 on DEC to 11.5.9 on SUN servers.
- Migrated Oracle Apps DBs and other Oracle DBs from 7.3.x on DEC to 8i on SUN.
- Implemented Oracle HR employee self-service.
- Implemented Web ADI for financial data (budgets, expenses etc) uploads.
- Customizations migration, Training Super users and End users.
- Cutover planning, execution and post-upgrade stabilization.
- Enhanced overall system performance by 50% from a pre-upgrade baseline.
- Production/Post-Implementation support for Oracle Financials, Projects and HR modules
- Oracle Applications and Database Admin.
- Setting up development and documentation standards.
- Helping developers with coding & performance tuning of SQL and PL/SQL.
- Reduced production support issues by 40%.
- Reduced the runtime for the custom monthly invoice generation routine from 24 to 8hrs.
- Developed Positive Pay process for AP to help reconcile.
- Resolved the short FY issue with Fixed Assets when FY was cut short due to acquisition.
- Principal Contributor to recovering/restoring databases, applications during a server crash.
Sr. Consultant/Sr. Oracle Apps DBA
- Active Oracle Apps and DB support for Rel 10.7 and 11.0.3
- Consolidated Oracle Apps 10.6 and 10.7 instances to Oracle Apps 10.7
- Refresh of Dev and Test Instances and performance tuning.
- Developed/Enhanced customizations and reports for Oracle HR & Financials.
- Developed shell scripts to automate DB maintenance & data refreshes for periodic report (s) generation.
- Converted in-house applications from MS-Access to Oracle environment.
- Developed PL/SQL routine(s) to validate data conversion by comparing source & target data.
- Installation and setup of Oracle Applications 11.0.3
- Installation & configuration of Oracle web server.
- Upgraded the Oracle RDBMS from 7.3.x to Oracle 8.0.5, Apps DB from 10.7 to 11.0.3.
- Oracle Applications patching and maintenance.
- Configured (Flexfields, Benefit elements, SIT/EITs etc) & Implemented Oracle HR for all KAEC divisions.
- Data Conversion from legacy and HR 10.7 to Oracle HR 1103 using Data Pump/HR APIs
- Converted Employee Job & Salary History from CBAS to Oracle HR special info types
- Converted & enhanced the Reports, Discoverer EUL to fit multi BG setup & security.
- Developed Mass Update Routines for automating Employee benefits eligibility.
- Implemented Role based HR Security.