- Over 10 years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator having hands on experience in database installation, administration, configuration, production support, upgrades, patches, performance tuning, backup and recovery, space management, database security, cloning, migration, shell scripting and documentation.
- Upgrade of databases by applying patches, patch sets and critical patch updates.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle Server 11g RAC with ASM on multi node systems, 11g, 10g and 9i in different operating systems for OLTP environment on Very Large Databases(VLDB).
- Experience on Oracle 12c/11g/ASM/RAC and upgrade of standalone databases to 11g RAC environment
- Wrote several Purging shell scripts on Linux which have been using as standard script at the workplace
- Developed RMAN scripts for database backup and recovery including - hot and cold backup
- Performance tuning of the database - SQL Tuning, Used Tuning utilities like EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, ADDM and Tuning of SGA, distribution of disk I/O, Sizing of tables and indexes
- Exposure in Configuring Single instance, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) and Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Setup Data Guard Fail-Over/Switch-Over/Read-Only scenarios. Fabricated multiple CLONING databases using traditional method and RMAN utility for High availability configuration.
- Experience in creating EC2 and RDS databases on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Performed periodical backups of both full and incremental and restoration, recovery of database using RMAN utility.
- Implemented Database security administration by creating new users, roles, profiles and providing required user privileges in development, test, training and production environments.
- Installation, configuration of Oracle GoldenGate 12c/11g replication.
- Experience in working on various OLTP and OLAP databases both in clustered and non-clustered environment.
- Experience in maintaining Oracle Data Guard & Standby Database and providing critical solution with strategic disaster recovery plans with different recovery procedures and methods. Involved in performance tuning and database reorganizations.
- Knowledge in Disk management and problem resolving techniques with a good understanding of Capacity planning and efficient usage of the disk space. Performed SAN analysis and provided recommendations
- Knowledge in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Implementation Life-Cycle (SILC).
- Monitored and managed various database components (logical & physical) like table- spaces, segments
- Worked on Shell scripting for backup, recovery and maintenance for databases
- Handled operational responsibilities like database refreshes/copy backs, security, documenting standards and procedures, data migration, data clean-up, data archiving.
- Good exposure of Oracle DBA tasks like Installation, Patching, Cloning and Upgrade of Oracle Databases and Grid Infrastructure.
- Knowledgeable in using Grid Control and OEM Features and worked with databases which have critical and BLOB data
- Experience with logical backups of the database using Data Pump (EXPDP and IMPDP).
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience as a Database Management Specialist in a Cloud Computing environment particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS) Relational Database Service (RDS)
Confidential, Kearneysville, WV
- Monitored the various database activities such as Backup, Error Logs, Space, Object, Performance, User and Session monitoring to ensure proper Capacity and Availability.
- Performed Schema level and Table level data refreshes from Production to Development environments using Data pump EXPDP/IMPDP.
- Plan and apply databases patches to the latest releases (Patch Set Updates (PSU), OJVM) using Perl based utility “OPATCH”.
- Supported & maintained the Production/Development databases on various servers.
- Created database and database objects like table, index, tablespace, database links rollback/undo segments and views and analyzed relevant objects to collect statistics to tune the system performance.
- Assist developers with writing some scripts and tuning SQL queries
- Perform deployments of databases in all environments
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning oracle contention and monitored production database using Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) and Automatic Session History (ASH).
- Used multiple AWS Snowball devices to extract data from multiple databases
- Worked on servers on Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, CloudWatch)
- Created CloudWatch metrics filters and alarms to monitor certain transitions within the audit log.
- Troubleshoot database issues such as connectivity problem, slow SQL statement
- Involved in User Management and Database Security by creating users, granting appropriate Roles, Privileges, and Profiles
- Worked with application developers to debug PL/SQL procedure, tune queries and database sizing
- Writing SHELL SCRIPTS for the system and database for effective functionality and report generation.
- Installed, configured Golden Gate 12c/11g software.
- Assisted with documentation in the SharePoint
- Monitored different databases and application servers using Oracle Enterprise Manager ( OEM ) 12c Grid Control knowledge of 11g RAC SRVCTL utilities
- Scheduled and monitor RMAN backup
- Manually upgraded Oracle databases from 188.8.131.52 to 19C
- Upgraded databases from 184.108.40.206 to 18C (Non-CDB) (RAC)
- Extended current 2 nodes cluster to a 4 nodes cluster
Environment: Oracle 11g, Oracle RAC (11g), Oracle 12c, Data Guard, OEM, Oracle Grid Control, RMAN, ASM, SECURECRT, SECUREFX, SQL Developer, TOAD, EXADATA X2/X4
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Installed, configured, and maintained Oracle 10g and 11gR2 on Linux and Upgraded from Oracle 10g to 11g.
- Extensive Experience with RMAN Backups, Hot Backups and Logical Backups.
- Extensively implemented Data pump, conventional Export/Import (Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c) for migration and logical backup of database.
- Strong skills in applying security patches (Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch) using “run Installer” and Perl based utility “OPATCH”.
- Performance tuning of the database - SQL Tuning, Used Tuning utilities like STATSPACK, TKPROF EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, ADDM and Tuning of SGA, distribution of disk I/O.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle client products and Maintenance of Concurrent Programs
- Successfully upgraded 3 nodes RAC cluster from 10.2.0.4 non-ASM to 220.127.116.11 ASM.
- Upgraded standalone database from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 and 12c.
- Upgraded databases from 10g to 11g R2 to 12c multitenant.
- Excellent knowledge of 11g RAC SRVCTL, CRSCTL, OCRDUMP, OCRCHECK and OCRCONFIG utilities
- Installed and configure more than 11g RAC cluster on 126.96.36.199 with ASM, non-ASM.
- Installed and configure one node Oracle 188.8.131.52 RAC cluster database with ASM on RHEL 6.
- Involved in upgrading 10.2.0.4 to 184.108.40.206.
- Reviewed the Customized codes being put into the Oracle system and optimize the performance of the same.
- Planning, applying and monitoring Oracle patches on different instance and Applying patches, cloning and other Oracle DBA activities and Controlling database and Security
- Shell Scripting and PL/SQL Programming to resolve business problems of various nature.
- Rebuilding of Indexes and managing the table partitions for better performance, maintenance of Oracle Database. Established Backup policy using RMAN and VNB (Veritas Net Backup). Also, managed Backup, restored using Data Pump, Traditional Export and Import Utilities.
- Construction of Catalog databases and developed scripts to perform Backups of Large Databases to fit the backup window using RMAN.
- Used AWR, ADDM and STATSPAK Reports for troubleshooting performance issues and Capacity Planning. Extensively used Explain Plan, TKPROF and SQL Trace.
- Setup procedure for Database statistics gathering - Frequency, Best Time of the day to execute stats gathering jobs, correct level of gathering statistics.
- Worked with Partition Tables. Partitioned Tables and sub-partitions as per the requirement of the Applications to improve performance and data management.
- Used DATAPUMP export/ import to instantiate SCN to avoid conflict at destination, created different rule sets to propagate and apply process.
- Database Tuning by generating explain plans for long running queries, creating indexes on columns to improve performance
- Expert in Space monitoring, Functions, Procedures, Triggers & Packages, and Object Management.
- Highly experienced in Oracle 11g, 10g Automatic Storage Management (ASM) required to fulfill the storage needs.
- Installed, configured and maintained Physical, Logical, Active standby databases supported by Data guard on Oracle 11g, 10g RAC servers for disaster recovery procedures.
- Supported & maintained the Production/Development databases on various servers
- Extensively worked on setting up auditing in many databases we supported
- Managing Database Structure, Storage Allocation, Table/Index segments, Rollback Segments, Undo Segments, and Constraints.
- Database reorganizations and refresh schema-using Export/Import. Creating the database, table spaces, tables, indexes, setting privileges and user logins
- Used hints for SQL tuning and optimization
- Performed Explain Plan analysis for Query Optimization and SQL tuning
Environment: Windows, RHEL, Oracle 11g, Oracle RAC (11g), Data Guard, Oracle Grid Control, RMAN, ASM, STATSPACK, SQL Developer, TOAD, SQL*Plus.
Confidential, Chaska, MN
- Performed Installation and configuration of Oracle 10.2.0.1 database on HP-UX platform.
- Successfully performed migrations from Oracle 10g/11g to 11gR2 RAC (Real Application) Database.
- Implemented Logical and Physical Standby Databases for RAC cluster on Sun Solaris platform using Data Guard feature of Oracle 11g R2.
- Successfully performed data replication using Materialized views and Oracle Streams in Oracle 11gR2.
- Cloned/Migrated databases using RMAN and traditional Data Pump export/import utilities in Oracle 11gR2.
- Installed and configured block change tracking to work with RMAN Merged incremental backups.
- Applied patches 10.2.0.2 and 10.2.0.3, 10.2.0.4.
- Responsible for Creating Users, Groups, Roles, Profiles and assigning the users to groups and grant necessary privileges to the relevant groups.
- Constantly monitored the performance (V$ dynamic performance views at peak load) of the Databases and viewing Alert log files & Trace files.
- Used to run the scripts to check the status of databases such as growing table sizes, extent allocation, free space, used space, fragmentation etc.
- Performed space management, capacity planning, disaster recovery and overall maintenance of the databases.
- Extensively worked on Backup/Recovery using RMAN and Scripts based for Oracle 9.x, 10.x, 11.x with SAN and NAS File systems with and without Oracle ASM.
- Resolving issues related to Network Congestion, Memory (SGA and PGA), CPU & IO and other oracle related issues.
- Worked on Ticketing System with Remedy Service Desk for various Production Support Issues for 24X7X365 Days.
- Responsible for planning and upgrading databases to 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168 .
- Automated most of the House keeping jobs and alerts using shell/SED/AWK and Perl Script and configured in Tidal Enterprise Scheduler.
- Used SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN utilities for optimizing and tuning SQL queries.
- Maintained the data integrity and security using integrity constraints and database triggers.
- Implemented recovery strategies whenever required and successfully recovered databases in case database crash, media/disk failures by using RMAN.
- Scheduling the Physical backups (hot & cold) in CRON tab using RMAN utility and monitoring the scheduled jobs.
- Provided 24X7 supports for all the production and development databases.
Environment: Oracle 10.2.0.1, HP-UX 11, Sun Solaris 10.0, RAC, Oracle Streams, RMAN, Data Pump, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN
Confidential, North Canton, OH
Junior Oracle DBA
- Managed in-house Oracle Databases running on various operating systems like Windows NT and Linux.
- Installation of Oracle Database and Oracle products.
- Used Enterprise Backup utilities for backup.
- Wrote scripts for backup and recovery.
- Created users and maintaining database security.
- Worked with application developers to debug PL/SQL procedure, tune queries and database sizing.
- Wrote SQL scripts to monitor database performance.
- Writing SQL Loader control files for data loading to the payroll system.
- Actively work in Problem trouble shooting and resolution.
- Database installation and instance creation.
- Database tuning, backup and recovery and general day to day running of the system.
- Creating project plans and implementation schedules.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Oracle 10g, RMAN, ASM, STATSPACK, SQL Developer, TOAD, SQL*Plus.