- My record proves I excel in autonomous roles, as a manager, team leader and team member.
- I enjoy using my strong background in performance tuning, implementing data migrations, capacity planning, trending and predicting space requirements, backup and recovery.
- Proven experience in the installation and upgrade of Oracle stand - alone, RAC and Disaster Recovery databases and implementing security adhering to federal auditing requirements.
- I am skilled in analysis, problem solving as a visionary, mentor, and a proven leader.
- 9 years combined experience as DBA Manager or Team Leader.
- Experienced in cost effectively leveraging technology to achieve organizational objectives.
- I complete large-scale projects on time within budget.
- I consistently maintain a close working relationship with Oracle support via MetaLink (MOS), when I don’t know I can find out.
- Proven ability to interact and communicate well with all levels of management, clients, and peers.
- I relish an environment where I can share my experience and learn from others.
- My past is the foundation of my limitless future.
- Database Performance Tuning, SQL, PL/SQL Tuning, System Optimization, Patching, Upgrades, Partitioning, Physical/Logical Modeling, Capacity Planning/Trending, Refreshes/Cloning, Security, Backup & Recovery Optimization, Migrations, Real Application Testing (RAT), Reorganizations and Space Reclamations
- Oracle Database 7-19c, ZDLRA (Recovery Appliance) on Exadata, CRS, RAC, ASM, DataGuard, GoldenGate, RMAN, Flashback, OCM, OEM Grid Control 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, 13c, AWR, ADDM, SQL Advisor, SPM, Segment Advisor, Memory Advisor, Optimizer, AMM, Data Pump, Export/Import, MV’s, DBMS Jobs, DBMS Scheduler, OWB, Discoverer
- SQL, PL/SQL, DDL, DML, Bash, KornShell
- AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Red Hat Linux (RHEL), Solaris, VMS, Windows
- TOAD, Spotlight, Erwin, Visio, MS Office, Putty, Exceed, APEX, Remedy
SR. Oracle DBA/Architect
- Exadata, 10 Recovery Appliances (ZDLRA) with RMAN backup and recovery support of more than 800 Oracle databases and 5.5 Petabytes. Led team for 2 years.
- Oracle database support, maintenance, tuning, growth analysis, security and problem resolution.
- ASM disk group analysis and growth trending.
- Primary application DBA for 47 applications, secondary for 50.
- Provided performance issue identification, troubleshooting and resolutions.
- Mentored and supplied advanced support for Oracle DBAs.
Technical Environment: Oracle 19.1, 12.2, 12.1, SQL, PL/SQL, ASM, DDL, DML, RAC, Exadata, OEM12c, OEM 13c, Linux x86-64.
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Lead DBA for the Pulse monitoring system.
- Successfully supported 7 Terabyte production database maintenance, partitioning, tuning, growth analysis and problem resolutions including testing databases and developer support.
- Identified database row contentions within Pulse application SQL.
- Completed 184.108.40.206 upgrade and created new Exadata based database for RAT testing.
- Migrated and converted 7 Terabytes of OS file systems to Exadata based ASM.
Technical Environment: Oracle 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, RHEL, Exadata, SQL, PL/SQL, ASM, RAC, RAT, DataGuard, Tivoli.
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Oracle database support, maintenance, tuning, growth analysis, problem resolution.
- ASM disk space analysis and growth trending.
- Performance issue identification and resolutions.
- DataGuard support, issue identification and resolutions.
- RMAN Backup and recovery.
- Oracle Database Auditing.
- DBMS scheduling and Job automation.
- OEM 12c installation, support and maintenance.
- Siemens Spectrum application and database support and maintenance.
Technical Environment: Oracle 22.214.171.124, SQL, PL/SQL, ASM, DDL, DML, OEM12c, IBM AIX 7.x.
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Sole Oracle DBA on-site.
- Stabilization and performance tuning of development, testing and production Oracle databases.
- Analyzed, stabilized and modified Linux environments preparing for Disaster Recovery testing.
- Completed Oracle database, CRS and TNS upgrades.
- Optimized RMAN backup procedures.
- Added and updated OEM12c configurations and targets.
- Conducted DataGuard failover testing.
Technical Environment: Oracle 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, OEM12c, SQL, PL/SQL, DDL, DML, RAC, Linux x86 64.