- 16+years of IT experience in Oracle/Oracle apps/Sybase/MSSQL/ MySQL Database Administration and migration.
- Implementation of business applications using Oracle/Sybase/MSSQL/MySQL Relational Database Management systems on various platforms such as Solaris/Linux and Windows.
- Build, installation, configuration, upgrading, patching and migration across platforms of Oracle (9i, 10g, 11g, 12c and 19c), Sybase 12x and MSSQL 2016/2014/2012/2008/2005.
- Experience in carrying out various database activities on different platforms (Linux, Windows, UNIX, and SunOS) including server installations and configuration of different versions of Oracle/Sybase/MSSQL/MySQL. Activities include designing physical layouts, performing post Installation troubleshooting, performance tuning, backup and recovery, query optimization and establishing Client Server connectivity, database creation and multiple instance maintenance, RMAN duplicate, Database links etc.,
- Experience in administration of production databases, application databases, installation, support, upgrading, patching and migration of multiple database versions, backup and recovery, tuning databases, security patches, bug fixes.
- Oracle9i/10g/11g/12c/19c ~ Sybase 15.0, 12.5/12.0/11.9.2/11.5 ~ Oracle EBS 12.x.x ~Oracle
- Data Guard ~MSSQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008/2005/7.0 ~ MySQL 5x ~ Netezza ~
- Oracle 9i/10G/12c/13c Grid Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) ~ RMAN ~ Export & Import
- Sybase Central ~ DB - Artisan ~ AutoSys ~PVCS ~Toad ~ Shell~ SQL Backtrack ~SQL Server
- Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer ~ Tivoli ~ SolarWinds ~ ServiceNow ~ AWS.
Oracle/Cloud Migration DBA consultant
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Performed a Feasibility study for Compliance for migrating Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL Servers from on premise to RDS.
- Migrated Oracle DB running on EC2 to Oracle RDS using DMS.
- Used CloudWatch for Monitoring the services deployed on AWS Cloud.
- Discover and analyze various On-prem resources and planned the migrations to cloud using several tools like DMS to migrate them to AWS Cloud.
- Handled installation, upgrading and configuring Oracle Enterprise Editions 9i/10g/11g/12c/19c databases on Unix/Linux. Have upgraded legacy Oracle 9i databases to 12c and installed 19c for POC.
- Involved in configuring and maintaining Real Application Clusters (RAC) on 2 nodes for high scalability and availability.
- Upgraded Oracle apps from 11i to 12.1.3 and to 12.2 and application of patches using adpatch and adop utility.
- Managing and administering Concurrent Managers & Programs, Request sets & Groups, Workflow Mailer/Notifications.
- Maintenance of apps and db on different nodes for Oracle EBS.
- Oracle space management using ASM for RAC databases on Linux.
- Clone/Refresh of test databases for testing and training using Recovery Manager (RMAN) and used Clonetab for Oracle applications.
- Successfully migrated SQL server to AWS Cloud.
- Took care of MS SQL Server Installation, Configuration, Performance Monitoring, Security Administration and Replication, Database mirroring & Clustering.
- Maintenance of the MSSQL databases using SQL Server Management Studio
- Have setup SSRS, SSIS and SSAS packages as per application team requirements.
- Support latest cutting technology, migrated non/encrypted databases from SQL 2005 to 2008 and 2012 to 2014.
- Created DTS packages to utilize SSIS functionalities.
- Had set up Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 10g/11g/12c for database monitoring/performance/diagnostics.
- Implemented and used Solar winds for Database Performance monitoring and tuning.
- Experience in handling performance tuning using various aspects of the database utilities like tkprof, explain plan, and stats pack/AWR/ADDM.
- Experience in installing, configuring and patching Oracle Application Express (APEX) and handled ACL configurations for Oracle.
- Implemented transparent data encryption (TDE) on 11g database and ASO.
- Installed and configured Oracle DB Vault on 11g database.
- Setting up of Oracle Backup and Recovery strategies using RMAN for newly created databases.
- Experience in writing Shell scripts to backup, restore database and automate daily activities.
- Application of CPU and database patches as required and recommended by Oracle.
- Implemented database security by creating database security roles and assigning the users as needed per PCI/SOX compliance.
- Involved in monthly, quarterly and yearly database auditing and have worked with external and internal audit teams and with the database compliance teams.
- Maintenance/support of Data Warehouse databases and successful implementation of Netezza and Snowflakes to support DSS databases.
- Installed MySQL 5x on Linux/Windows on Rackspace servers and upgraded the old versions.
- Worked on MySQL database administration, upgrade and migration from Solaris to Linux.
- Extensively involved in Data Center Migration and Disaster Recovery plans and implementation of Oracle Data guard.
- Experience in SolarWinds Monitoring and DPA (Ignite).
- Versatile team player with excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Recovered and restored the databases successfully during a disaster of data center.
- Have exposure to ITIL/ITSM/Managed services like ServiceNow.
- Provided 24 x 7 support and flexible to work beyond regular hours and headed offshore team.
- Also worked with third party vendors like Rackspace, Netezza, Snowflakes, Nutanix, ServiceNow.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c/19c Oracle on Linux, Sun and Oracle OEM, Toad, Data Guard, Netezza, AWS, MSSQL, MySQL, Toad, SQL Developer, ServiceNow.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Oracle/Sybase/MSSQL Server DBA
- Taking the ECMS (Emergency Change Management System) tickets for production and implementing the database changes as part of the ticket such as...creating new tables, indexes, updating any row data etc., or any other changes.
- Creating new production, development and UAT Oracle/Sybase/MSSQL Servers and setting up the DR servers for Prod and Sybase Replication and upgrading the Dev and UAT
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 10g Grid Control (GC) for various database activities like monitoring databases & servers, scheduling jobs, monitoring performance issues & setting up alerts.
- Hands on experience in database security (Advance security option (ASO))/auditing), backup, recovery, archival concepts and procedures, database security and procedures and tuning experience with SQL
- Worked in General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, OFSA, Budget module, Technical installation & configuration, Procure to Pay also implementation project on high-profile Oracle Financials implementations in webaps.
- Production support for Oracle database cluster with databases running 2-3 and over 500 simultaneous connections and managed with over 4+ TB size databases, performance tuning and monitoring, troubleshooting, back-up and recovery, installations and configurations on need basis. Applying patches, deployments and upgrades, implementation of database backup/restore methodologies, RMAN, hot/cold backups, export/import user, management, roles, database objects like tables, indexes, views, synonyms etc.
- Proven problem resolution of Oracle DBMS by creating installation scripts and procedures, troubleshoot network issues and resolve network connectivity issues. Locally Managed Table spaces, Automatic Segment Storage Management (ASSM), Partitioning, Global temporary tables, Flashback, etc. and in supporting development/testing/UAT/SVT/pre-prod environments.
- Building and implementing backup and recovery using Recovery Manager (RMAN), RMAN scripts and customized shell scripts on Oracle 10g data pump (export/import) for data transfers between various Oracle environments and for logical backups.
- Provided DBA support for database upgrade from Oracle 9i to Oracle 11g as part of the Peoplesoft application upgrade project (HRMS8.8 to HCM9.1).
- Setting up Sybase replication/warm-standby as per business requirement or creating replication/transaction log shipping for MSSQL servers.
- Worked on P1 or P2 tickets to make the updates on the fly on the databases by involving L2/AD/operate teams.
- Participating in the release/ change management meetings and L2 meetings and guiding them with the database related things.
- Fixing the issues with the table/ database corruption by monitoring the weekly maintenance jobs in Oracle/Sybase/MSSQL servers.
- Fixing the issues associated with Replication server and warm-standby servers.
- Refreshing the Dev, UAT and QA environments as per the requirements
- Creating new databases and servers for MS SQL Server 2008 and 2005 and creating new DTS jobs and maintenance jobs as per the AD and L2 requirement and doing releases for the databases.
- Upgrading the Sybase servers from the current versions to the latest versions
- Installed the Tivoli Monitoring system which helps in monitoring the database servers for blocked processes, long running transactions, memory issues, disk/database space issues, general configuration changes if needed etc.,
- Running sysmon daily on the most critical systems and troubleshooting any issues with the servers.
- Upgraded Sybase ASE from 12.5 to ASE 15.
- Monitoring the reorgs and update stats that run every week on most of the systems
- Handle on-call rotation on a bi-weekly basis
- Provide 24/7 Production and Development support on all RDBMS across by helping the offshore team in Singapore
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g/11g on AIX and Solaris. Sybase 12.5 & 15 on Sun Solaris 9.0, 10.0 and Linux, Sybase Replication server 12.5,15 and Windows/DB Artisan/ SQL Server 2008, 2005 & 2000/cron/ shell.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- 24x7 DBA support for Sybase databases in dev and production environments
- Database Refresh activities, Database movement from one machine to another
- Planning on Transaction volumes and database size & its growth and Releasing locks as per the user request
- Responsible-handling backup and recovery, installation, creation and maintenance of databases, management of schemas, roles and profiles and database security and Scheduling periodic backups of all databases
- Involved in various administration jobs, like storage of database objects, monitoring extent and max extents, LMT, partitions, tables, indexes and tablespaces
- Configuration of Database parameters for optimal performance, resolving connectivity problems with Oracle database, rebuilding the Indexes to rectify segment fragmentation
- Tuning and bottleneck analysis using Stats pack and monitoring the CPU load Memory utilization and I/O of Servers.
- Moving the SQL Server 2000 to 2005
- Upgrading the Sybase ASE servers 12.5 to 15 versions
- Supporting various teams across the Trading in implementing the database releases and providing the support during the Go-lives
- Ability to work within time and budget constraints of project production cycles as per standards
Environment: Sybase 12.5 on Solaris 8/9/10, HP-UX 11.11, AIX 5.1/5.2 Red Hat Linux 4/5