- Superior hands - on leader of technical teams. Fluent in servers, storage, vmware, and clustering.
- Excellent experience architecting large (TB+) systems and processes.
- Driven to drive results from metrics that establish value proposition to the company.
- Clustering SQL Server and Oracle RAC
- SQL Server 6.5 to present, Oracle RDBMS 7,8,8i,9i, 11GR2 on Linux, Solaris, AIX, and Windows.
- Transact SQL and pl/sql
- Active Directory, GPO, Exchange Server
- C# - Python
- SSRS, SSAS and SSIS
- Storage to include EMC SRDF-CE, BCV and NetApp SQL Snap Manager
- Introduced high availability across the enterprise
- Created a consistent RDBMS strategy with identical jobs and maintenance routines.
- Performance tuning of the systems
- Revised Analytics strategy and implemented changes - replaced components of SSIS with Python improving performance 500%
- Implemented compression and transparent data encryption
- Query optimization of SQL Server and some Oracle tuning.
- PowerBI infrastructure being deployed to produce a self service BI model and an executive dashboard experience.
- Improved operational processes and standardization of all servers
- Transitioned enterprise to new technologies including Oracle RAC, MongoDB, and Vertica on CentOS
- Migrated organization to all clusters in SQL Server
- Moved European data Center to North America
- Implemented backup and recovery processes for 25TB Oracle databases include snapshots and clones
- Deployed Vertica six node cluster and wrote bash scripts for monitoring, backups, and cron jobs
- Performance tune SQL Server
PRINCIPAL DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
- Built process framework to link Tricore support teams in two locations with customer support teams of customers greatly improving customer experience;
- Developed Health Check and performance optimization processes, including partitioning 7TB database.
PRINCIPAL DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR/ PRINCIPAL PROGRAMMER ANALYST
- Serve as Principal DBA over entire enterprise suite of more than 400 SQL Server (SQL 2000, 2005, and 2008).
- Build and lead a team of eight DBAs worldwide plus contractors as needed. Develop policies and procedures to support the server operations running with strict adherence to FDA accepted procedures.
- Create GEO cluster offering high availability and site recovery with clustering / SRDF-CE.
- Instituted “follow the sun support,” providing 7x24 support for all worldwide sites.