- Certified Cloud Data Management/Security Architect (AWS/GCP) and hands - on Information Technology leader with two decades of experience in architecting and managing large-scale distributed database systems in Multi Cloud Environment.
- Architected, implemented and migrated some of the largest and busiest database systems to the Cloud.
- Published Author of award-winning database publications and regarded as subject matter expert in database performance scalability.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and subject matter expertise in architectural approaches including Infrastructure Consolidation, Enterprise Data Warehousing, Disaster Recovery and Zero downtime Cloud Data database Migrations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Cloud Data Stores (GCP, S3, OCI)
- Hadoop, HDFS, and NoSQL
- Cassandra, HBase and Hive
- Big Data Analytics (Hadoop)
- Cloud Migrations (AWS, GCP, OCI)
- Proof of Concepts, Benchmarking
- Containers and Virtual Machines
- Capacity Planning (IaaS, SaaS)
- Infrastructure Virtualization (IaaS)
- HA / DR (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Serverless Computing
- Google BigQuery/ BigTable
- Data Lakes Management
- Massively Parallel Processing (MPP)
- Enterprise Data Warehousing
- Extraction, Transformation & Loading
- Data Life Cycle Management
- Snowflake Datawarehouse
- Technical Articles / Whitepapers
Oracle RAC/Exadata & Cloud Database solutions
- Helping Enterprise customers to effectively manage Corporate Data Landscape Oracle RAC/Exadata and Cloud Data Warehouse.
- Redefining the enterprise data architectures including operational data store, data warehousing to AWS/GCP Data Lakes.
- Data Migration from On-premises Oracle Data warehouse to GCP Google Big Query / Snowflake Cloud Data warehouse.
- Architected and Implemented a migration to plan to migrate ~60TB Oracle Datawarehouse to Google Big Query
- Developed Data Lake Cloud Migration strategy to migrate Enterprise data to AWS using Glue/Lake Formation
Consulting Member-Technical Staff ORACLE
- Drive Product Vision, Strategy and Performance Architecture of Oracle Fusion database for Scalability and Reliability.
- Re-architect Oracle Fusion Payroll suite for over 20x increase in payroll processing/ retro pay performance
- Spearheaded workload analysis, proactive measures & reduced un planned downtime and escalations to <10%.
- Developed Cloud Migration strategy to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) with Zero Downtime Migration process.
- Designed and implemented Intelligent Resource Manager / Stats gather process to increase availability to 99.5 %
- Responsible for technology roadmap and capacity planning for the Oracle cloud Infrastructure / SaaS Ops.
- Validate and Certify the new database new features for applications and support their implementation.
- Conceived and developed a Competition Awareness Training program for Information Management Sales Teams across North America and trained over 100 sales engineers in competing against Oracle Exadata/ SAP HANA.
- Successfully developed GoToMarket (GTM) Strategy for IBM PureData range of Information management products
- Demonstrated delivery innovation and successful results supporting sales and marketing efforts. Worked directly with strategic customers and business partners around the world in highly competitive engagements.
- Worked with customers to understand potential pros and cons of new data technologies, designed and implemented data platforms that helped address both existing and future business requirements
- Architecture and Blueprint Services (Pre-Sales and Post Sales) for Oracle Exadata for Very Large Enterprises.
- Served as Database Architect for largest Exadata implementation in North America replacing top line hardware from competition with Exadata from a reference customer configuration for Exadata on Hybrid Workload.
- Published Oracle Database 11g Oracle Real Application Clusters Handbook -Oracle Press - Sep 2011
- Served as Technical SME with Oracle Confidential on Sales Enablement using Technology partners (NetApp, EMC, Intel, Cisco, IBM & HP)
- Oversaw Proofs of Concept, management escalations, and capacity planning for very large-scale implementations.
- Managed and led Oracle Center of Excellence for Partner Technologies.
- Actively involved in engineering scalable data warehouse architecture under Optimized Warehouse Initiative (OWI).
- Implemented application benchmarks, proofs of concept, architecture validation, best practices documents, technical white papers, virtualization and consolidation benchmarks, POCs and customer requirements.
- Published Oracle Database 10g Real Application Clusters Handbook