- Experienced and passionate Oracle Exadata expert (DMA) with almost 11 years’ experience and Oracle certified Exadata implementation Specialist.
- Expert working with various backup technologies like Actifio, NetBackup, Avamar and replication expertise on Golden gate and Shareplex.
- A talented and resourceful professional seeking to build a long term career as an Oracle Exadata DBA and utilize my skills in Oracle databases, Unix, Linux, ASM, Grid control, SQL and shell scripts.
SME for Oracle Exadata Team
- Participated in analysis and designing of Oracle Exadata Server for infrastructure and related projects.
- Provided technical assistance for development of physical and logical architecture models on all Oracle server platforms.
- Coordinated with project teams for designing and implementation of database infrastructure designs by documentation and system testing.
- Working on Oracle Exadata Cloud Machines.
- Migrated 10g and 11g databases to 12c container database.
- Assisted in integration of Exadata applications into current IT actionable events and solutions.
- Suggested procedures for database performance and tuning of all database machines and related components.
- Created certified processes and procedures for maintenance and upgrading of all database machines.
- Conducted analysis and feasibility studies for development of Oracle Exadata solutions.
- Developed strategies for disaster recovery services of all database machines along with advisory services.
- Performed test cases on pluggable databases restore and recovery scenarios.
- Golden gate support.
- Specialized to handle severity 1 (mission critical, business loss situation) and escalated Issues.
Technical Lead for Oracle Exadata Team
- Migrating databases to Oracle Exadata Database Machine for different Application.
- Implementing Best Practices for migration E - Business Suite and regular databases to Oracle Exadata.
- Planning and executing Quarterly Full stack patching with no downtime (100% availability)
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Enterprise Manager Cloud Control to monitor and manage Exadata and regular databases
- Configured standby databases for 11g and 12c container databases.
- Zero Downtime Migration to Oracle Exadata with Oracle Golden Gate.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting both critical and non-critical situations.
- Evaluated database performance for investigation of issues and further resolution for efficiency.
- Support AWS ORACLE cloud databases and create monitoring dashboards using splunk
- Providing 24x7 remote and onsite support for customers
- Meeting SLA and OLA for my clients.
- Managing a team of 12 resources.
- Regular audit and management activity
Senior Oracle/SAP Golden Gate DBA
- Transformation Project: Responsible for migrating oracle/SAP databases from HP-UX to Linux/Exadata servers using Golden gate technology. Also, had Oracle DBA responsibility for supporting ORACLE/SAP databases, performed database tuning, database alert scripts, monitoring scripts, backup procedures, ZFS and configuring data guard.
- Data Center project on which we migrated Databases and applications from One Data Center to another with minimal downtime.
- Migrated SAP databases from HP-UX to LINUX platforms using Golden gate (V 220.127.116.11.27 ) technology.
- Worked on SAP databases, creating databases for SAP applications and configurations.
- Used BRTOOLS to create table spaces, indexes and collecting statistics.
- Configuring the FSFO (Fast Start Failover) for SAP modules.
- Prepared the EXADATA full and half rack and created DBFS for storage needs.
- Implemented Physical Standby Databases for RAC and non RAC environment databases.
- Configured Physical Standby for Production databases and converted Physical standby to
- Snapshot standby
- Worked on golden gate setup, which was setup between 6 different markets and the data was consolidated.
- Participated in on-call rotation and resolved the issues.
- Other activities like applying RDBMS patches, security patches.
- Monitor and implement the backup and recovery strategy as per database.
- Configuring, monitoring and identifying Performance issues using OEM Grid control, error reports.
Worked as Exadata/Golden Gate DBA
- Software and firmware maintenance of the Database servers in the Database machine including upgrades and patching
- Software and firmware maintenance of the Exadata storage servers in the Database machine including upgrades and patching
- Software and firmware maintenance of the Infiniband switches in the Database machine including upgrades and patching
- Integration of Exadata monitoring and escalation into existing IT monitoring and actionable events solutions
- Consolidation of databases to Exadata environment
- Provide and implement performance and tuning recommendations of all components in the Database machines
- Advise, provide guidance and develop Disaster Recovery strategies for these Database machines
- Configure the machines to meet internal security requirements
- Provide business as usual data structure manipulation (add, remove, modify storage) in the Database machine
- Analyze and determine the feasibility of leveraging the Oracle Enterprise Manager solution to report on performance, provide metrics, and become the centralized proactive maintenance solution for Exadata distributions
- Develop and record certified processes/procedures for all potential IT downstream support groups to maintain and upgrade the Database machines.