- I am an experienced and passionate IT Professional with an extensive experience of around 10 years as Confidential and Cassandra DBA. Moreover, I have competence in Production database support, Installation, Configuration and Administration of databases to resolve performance tuning related issues, and queries. Also, I am proficient in an assortment of technologies, including Confidential 10g/11g/12c/18c/19c and Apache Cassandra, AWS Stack (EC2, RDS), Windows, Linux & Unix.
- Experience in installation, Configuring, Upgrading, and managing of Confidential Databases.
- Upgrading the databases from 12.2 to 19c in Multitenant Architecture
- Experience in Handling the Multitenant Architecture databases.
- Experience in Confidential database migration from stand - alone servers to High Availability (RAC) Servers.
- Installation, configuration, and administration of Data guard, Golden Gate, RAC and OEM.
- Experience in Golden Gate Setups and Replication
- Experience in database backup and restore, recoveries and disaster Recovery procedures.
- Involved in maintenance, user profile administration, Patching, Export/Import, cloning and a wide range of other support activities.
- Team player, attention to detail, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an excellent customer service orientation.
- Creating Primary Database storage structures (tablespaces, data files), objects like Tables, Indexes according to client specification.
- Database Performance Tuning using SQL TRACE, TKPROF, explain plan, AWR, and ADDM and database monitoring using tools like OEM.
- Working Experience in Data Modeling tools like Erwin and IDA Data Architect
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, RDS
- Worked on AWS DMS for Migrating Confidential databases.
- Worked on S3 buckets and Cloud trails to monitor logs and backups.
- Having Cassandra DBA Experience in installing, configuring, and monitoring DataStax Cluster (Enterprise Edition).
- Implemented multi - data center and multi-rack Cassandra cluster.
- Experienced on installing, configuring, and monitoring the Datastax Cassandra Cluster knowledge on read and write processes, including SSTables, MemTables and Commit log .
- Experience with querying on data present in Cassandra cluster using CQL (Cassandra Query Language).
- Used DataStax OpsCenter and Node Tool utilities to monitor the cluster.
- Experience in migrating several data bases from on premise data center to Cassandra.
- Experience with Disk Management and User Management and permissions.
- Having experience on Ansible for Automation Deployments.
- Configuring, Automating and Deploying Ansible for configuration management to existing Infrastructure.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux, Windows
NOSQL Databases: Apache Cassandra, Node Tool
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, and UNIX Shell Scripting.
DB Management: TOAD 9.5, DB Artisan, SQL Developer and Enterprise Manager grid, IDA Data Architect
Tools: AWS - SCT, KMS, DMS, IAM, MMIS, RMAN, OEM, Confidential Management Service (OMS), SQL*Loader, ASM, Export/Import, TOAD, Patch Management, ODBC, DBUA, DBCA, putty, Goldengate, Imp/Exp, Grid Control, Data pump, Data guard, VERITAS Net Backup, Git, Ansible
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR and ADDM, SQLT, SQL TUNING ADVISOR
Confidential - San Antonio, TX
- Providing application DBA support .and address the Application service requests.
- Provides technical support to application development teams. The DBA is usually the point of contact for Confidential Support.
- Work with Data modeling Team and implement the application changes across Accordingly.
- Migrates All Application code changes (Tables,views,packages & procedures ) to Dev-Test-Prod environments using the Standard Change Process.
- Backup Databases as and when required by Application teams.
- Develop, implement, and maintain scripts for database backup and restore for all databases and test the procedures periodically.
- Outplace Migration and upgrade from 11.2 to 12.2 with minimal downtime using Transit Logical standby and using Golden gate Reverse Replication to keep the old database in sync for 2 weeks.
- Migrating and upgrading the databases from 12.2 to 19c in Multitenant Architecture
- Applying the Patches according to the latest Patch set
- Active-Active High Availability architecture setups using Goldengate Replication.
- Veridata tool for comparing the reports between source and target in the Golden gate migration.
- Data guard setups for All high Availability Databases
- Regularly monitor and tune databases for optimal performance.
- Database Backups and Restorations Using RMAN
- Schema Refreshed using DataPump
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and communicate problems and failures with databases and related server applications.
- Respond to technical emergencies outside of normal working hours as needed.
- Providing the support to Application upgrades and Releases
- Creating the databases for the new Application setups
- Schema and database Refreshed based on the request.
- Performance tuning using OEM, checking long running queries and checking for the object locks and helping the Application Team if they stick with any day today’s issues related the database.
- Troubleshoot performance issues using 10046, 10053 traces generated using or debug.
- Tuning SQL queries that consume most server resources.
- Worked on CI/CD Pipelines for migrating the object changes using Git.
- Worked on Erwin and IDA database Modeling Tools for Database Modeling Requests
- PostgreSQL Database management on Linux and Aws platform. installing, configuring, and monitoring the Datastax Cassandra Cluster
- Knowledge on AWS DMS for Migrating Confidential databases.
- Knowledge on buckets and Cloud trails to monitor logs and backups.
- Responsible 24x7 production operations (incident break/fix, change, service requests, management) and On-Call rotation.
Environment: Confidential 11g/ 12.1/12.2/18 c/19c RAC
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, education and production usage.
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases. The DBA works closely with system administration staff because computers often have applications or tools on them in addition to the Confidential Databases.
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Install new versions of the Confidential RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Confidential database.
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Confidential database.
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Migrated databases from 10g/11G to 12C version.
- Confidential database migration from stand-alone servers to private Cloud.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the Confidential Databases.
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
- Evaluates releases of Confidential and its tools, and third-party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate.
- Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Provides technical support to application development teams. This is usually in the form of a help desk. The DBA is usually the point of contact for Confidential Corporation.
- Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database. Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Configured Confidential DATAGUARD BROKER and OBSERVER for FAST START FAILOVER
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Create new database users as required.
- Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.
- The DBA has ultimate responsibility for the physical database design.
- Analyzing the AWR, ASH reports and tuning the database for optimized performance
- Troubleshoot performance issues using 10046, 10053 traces generated using oradebug
- Switchover, failover and fast start failover between primary and standby databases
- Responsible for planning & implementing DR exercise (Disaster Recovery) using Broker and FSFO (via observer)
- Delphix Migrations
- Supported Confidential E Business Suite Applications
- Created number of non-prod databases and delivered them to the client.
- Databases migration from RCDN datacenter to RTP datacenter
- Database creations and migrations
- Installing GRID and Creating DBAAS databases using EM
- Converting standalone DB to RAC DB
- Upgrading and platform migrating for both RAC and Non RAC instances
- Schema export/imports/Migrations
- Confidential database clone & upgradations.
- Delphix Migrations
- Creating DelPhix Environments (Data Source) for single Node and RAC
- Creating VDB from the Data source
- Maintaining the VDB Health check and Snapshots and troubleshooting the VDB issues
Environment: Confidential 10g and 11g RAC
- Confidential Database installation on Linux, AIX.
- Confidential 11g R2 RAC installation on two nodes Cluster.
- Addition of third node to, existing two node rac clusters.
- Upgrading the database from 10gr2 to 11gr2.
- Implemented and administered Confidential data guard.
- Used Confidential Grid Enterprise Management for Database Monitoring.
- Refreshing Databases from production to other environments using 11g RMAN ACTIVE DUPLICATE feature.
- Raising and following up of Confidential service request with Confidential support.
- Management of Users, Roles and Privileges.
- Converting physical standby database to Snapshot standby database for testing purposes.
- Creating a physical standby database in oracle11g, Recovering standby
- Installation of Confidential 10g software on LINUX Servers.
- Upgraded the Database from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.4
- Applied CPU patches using Opatch for Every quarter.
- Migrating the data from OLTP to Warehouse using Transportable Tablespaces.
- Cloning of production database to testing.
- Involved in character Set migration from Western European to UTF8
- Resolved issues pertaining to Paging and swapping
- Implemented Backup strategies (Hot & Cold backup).
- Implemented the concept of Data pump
- Interaction with client/users on various issues.
- Troubleshooting server configuration files such as tnsnames.ora and listener.ora.
- Resolving user issues like long running sessions and locks.
Environment: Confidential 9i/10g and 11g