- Around 8 years of experience in Application Development, Data Virtualization using programming languages like SQL,PL/SQL and tools like Cisco Information Server(CIS).
- Experienced in interacting with Business Users, Business Analyst, IT Leads, Developers and System Analysts to gather and analyze business requirements and translating requirements to functional and technical design specifications.
- Good Knowledge on Oracle Architecture and Database Design.
- Excellent conceptual knowledge of Oracle10g/11g/12C PL/SQL and SQL.
- Experience in different phases of Oracle Application implementation life cycle including Technical Design, Data Conversion, Oracle Forms development, Oracle report development, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, End User Training, Production Support.
- Experience in designing business requirements and modeling using oracle designer.
- Experience in developing External Tables, Joins, Indexes and sequences.
- Experience in query optimization, performance and tuning (PL/SQL) using Explain Plan, Indexing, Hints, Creation of global temporary tables and table partitioning.
- Extreme Use of Exception Handling methods
- Expertise in loading data from legacy systems using SQL*Loader.
- Proficient in Oracle Tools and Utilities such as SQL*Loader, Import/Export, TKPROF and TOAD for Oracle.
- Participated in collecting the requirements, analyzing the System Requirements.
- Experience with Data Modeling using ERWIN 4.0/3.5.2, SQL Server, Toad data modeler.
- Extensively worked on Design, Development, Deployment & Maintenance of ETL process to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data from different sources (Flat/Excel/Access/XML SQL/ Oracle) to different targets (DB/Files).
- Ability to quickly adapt to different project environments, work in teams and accomplish difficult tasks independently within time frame
- Good experience in data sources, data profiling, data validation, developing low level design patterns based on the business and functional requirements.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with good working knowledge, disciplines, tasks, resources and scheduling
- Experience in Data warehouse/Data Mart Development Life Cycle.
- Involved in developing the process for getting the data from different source systems to the target Warehouse.
- Extracted the data from the flat files and other RDBMS databases into staging area and populated onto Data Warehouse.
- Handled slowly changing dimensions of Type1/Type 2 to populate current and historical data to dimensions and fact tables in the Data Warehouse.
- Good experience working on End - To-End implementation of data warehouse and strong understanding of Data Warehouse Concepts, ETL, Star schema, Data Modeling, experience using Normalization, Business Process Analysis, Reengineering, Dimensional Modeling, FACTS &Dimensions tables
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g/12c
Scripting: SQL, UNIX, PERL.
Languages: SQL, PLSQL, HTML, C#.NET, UNIX.
Tools: SQL Developer, TOAD, SQL plus, Informatica Power Center, CIS studio.
Applications: MS Office
OS: Windows 7, Windows Vista, XP, UNIX, Linux.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Lead Oracle Developer/Oracle Financial Services Analyst
- Involved in meeting/Planning sessions Comprising of all stake holders for understanding the Business requirements and Designing Technical Specification Document for the design and building of application basing off Functional Spec built on Business Requirements.
- Created Technical Design Document and other informational documents based of Functional Design Document and Business Requirement Documents for Design, Analysis, Development and Deployment into Higher environments from Development.
- Worked Closely with BA(Business Analyst), LOB(Line of Business), Project Manager, Upstream and Downstream teams for efficient Design, Development, Efficient Communication and Delivery of Application.
- Create new Oracle PL/SQL objects like: Views, Functions, Stored Procedures for implementing business logic to facilitate data manipulation operations for Calculating Fund Transfer Pricing(FTP).
- Created New Greensky Instrument, Instrument History and Margin Lookup tables.
- Created control(.ctl), .bad,.log files for mapping source extract files to load table fields, to store bad records from extract file and debugging information respectively for loading upstream extract files to Instrument tables using Oracle Utility, SQL*LOADER.
- Created New Setups in OFSA(Oracle Financial Services Analyzer) Modules: Financial Data Manger Admin(FDMA), Balance and Control(B&C), Transfer Pricing(TP), Performance Analyzer(PA) to facilitate FTP calculation.
- For FTP and LCR (Liquidity Coverage Ratio) calculation built process within oracle using PL/SQL Objects like: Tables, Triggers, Sequences for facilitating
- Deliver and troubleshoot PL/SQL Anonymous Blocks, Packages, Procedures, Functions, Tables and other Database objects for analyzing and Troubleshooting whenever necessary.
- Developed new Shell scripts for the purpose of Data loads to Instrument table, Enable debugging and Analyzing Instrument tables.
- Created New Shell scripts for FTP, Priors calculation where in Oracle database objects, OFSA executables are invoked.
- Developed SQL*Loader Control files for data mapping from source flat files to Oracle tables for loading data.
- Implemented Cash flows using Oracle Financial Analyzer(OFS) invoked with in with Shell script.
- Implemented FTP calculation of new instrument using OFS there by invoking Stored procedures within the newly created shell script.
- Automated the running of shell executables using Cron scheduler within Unix.
- Performed unit testing of newly created Objects: Database, Unix to see if they’re developed and working in accordance with functional Requirements.
- Creating of Anonymous blocks for loading data according to business needs: To set-up Reference data in higher environments, Data to be derived from existing tables and need to inserted into ref tables.
- Used Oracle Utility Explain Plan to look into plan/path, cost consumed. Based on information, used optimizer hints and Created indexes, Partition etc to improve efficiency of a query, there-by performance.
- Involved in creation of test plans, perform unit testing and to help QA team in test case creation and also fixing any defects found as part of QA testing. Also supported users in UAT.
- Being a Valuable member of the team, Communicated with all the stake holders and other team members for Successful task completion in Optimal time.
- Debugging logs for trouble shooting issues, finding the cause and applying the fix.
Environment: OFSA, Oracle 12C, SQL, PL/SQL, Toad for Oracle, Flat Files, Unix, Cron Scheduler.
Data Virtualization Admin/Analyst/Oracle Developer
- Involved in pre-planning and planning sessions comprising of Users, Scrum Master and Business Analysts to analyze and own user stories.
- Worked in a SCRUM agile SDLC environment.
- Involved in creation of new Cisco Information Server(CIS) views according to the requirements (User stories).
- As a Cisco Information Server Admin, deployed newly created/modified views from Development environment to UAT and from UAT to Prod.
- Developed new view/reports for ‘US Regulatory Reporting’ and ‘Liquidity Reporting/Monitoring’ purposes.
- Built CIS Views/Oracle Views for ‘Investment Portfolio’ and ‘Deposits Model’ to be leveraged by other reporting tools.
- Made sure all the existing and modified resources(views) post deployment are valid in the respective environments (uat & prod).
- Made sure right access/privileges on resources are given to respective Groups/Users post deployment.
- Re-introspected the flat-file sources in CIS in all the environments.
- Used Oracle PL/SQL/ Cisco Information Server Analytical functions for developing of new views/ modifying existing one.
- Developed Complex Dynamic SQL, Global Temp Table in Oracle to facilitate Manual data adjustments by User(s) for Various LOANS Models Built with-in Oracle/CIS to be leveraged by AXIOM.
- Developed Oracle Database Objects: Tables, Views, Procedures, Functions, Packages etc.
- Developed Database Views to be published as a virtualized layer in CIS(Composite Information Server) for the ‘Return on Capital Models’.
- Developed new/ modified existing Oracle Packages, Stored Procedures for implementing Internal Risk Modeling functionality.
- Developed new Autosys JIL scripts to automate the process to load all new deal level data for ‘FFELP’ and ‘CLO’ data to ref tables.
- Involved in creation of Indexes, Sequence and Primary key constraints on Tables.
- Performed unit testing to verify the new view/resources are working according to the requirements.
- Coordinated with the off-shore and on-shore teams.
- Worked with DBA team for resolving long running queries in Prod and non-prod environments.
- Worked on gathering stats in Cisco Information server for each of the individual resources and also collectively to find any bottlenecks and then tune them accordingly.
- Involved in creation of new/modified existing Tables, Stored procedures, database views for reducing the execution time and fast processing of CIS views(Reports).
- Involved in fixing any regression defects of the past iteration(s) all the while deploying current release and working on development simultaneously.
- Involved in successful request creation and following of Cisco Information Server platform memory upgrade.
- Coordinated with QA team to help them understand the requirements.
Environment: Cisco Information Server 7.02 & 7.04, Oracle 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, Toad for Oracle 12.6, Flat Files, Unix, Clear Case, Data Stage, Autosys
- Involved in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Worked on Creating new/ modified existing Oracle Database objects like: Packages, Functions, Stored procedures, Views, Materialized views, Triggers, Indexes for aiding the functionality of the Pricing Application.
- Involved in Coordination with Business, BA’s, QA and the development teams for effectively solving issues.
- Involved in finding out bottlenecks/pain points in the application by using the stats provided from the profiler.
- Involved in tuning SQL and there by tuning the application.
- Acted as on-shore-to-off-shore coordinator.
- Involved in preparing daily status reports for Business, Manager etc.
- Worked closely along with the architect and brainstormed for various approaches.
- Performed day-day DML activities.
- Involved in improving rerate operation speed by analyzing the tables involved, creating indexes and procedures.
- Performed Unit Testing, captured the result to see the expected results post development are in accordance to the requirements.
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL PLUS, Windows 7, Java, Windows Task Scheduler, GitHub
Sr. Oracle Developer
- Worked with the Business analysts, Business and the DBA for requirements gathering, business analysis, testing, metrics and project coordination.
- Worked extensively on all EDI transactions like nominations(873,874), confirmations(855), shipper scheduled quantities(865), operator scheduled quantities of pipes involving External Trading partners for NAESB 3.0 and FERC809 Regulations.
- Developed procedures, functions, packages, views, and materialize views etc to meet the business requirements.
- Involved in daily monitoring of EDI transactions, troubleshooting and fixing them.
- Data loaded from flat file sources using PL/SQL and SQL*Loader.
- Good knowledge in Unixshell scripting and application maintenance on all Unix.
- Modified existing/created new PL/SQL blocks for doing the validations on data and to generate response to the trading partners accordingly to meet the technical specifications.
- Developed Procedures for efficient Error Handling process by capturing errors into user managed tables.
- Worked with Unix commands for file transfer.
- Developed/Modified Unix scripts for automation.
- Used UTI FILE PACKAGES for creating/opening of files.
- Used oracle utility DBMS UTILITY for the compilation of Invalid objects like packages, functions, procedures, triggers etc. experience in Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) data from various data sources into Data Warehouse and Data Marts using Informatica Power Center tools (Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor).
- Modified existing ETL mappings for enhancements of new business requirements.
- Performing DML operations for daily activities.
- Developed database objects: tables, views, procedures, packages and other database objects using Oracle tools like SQL* Plus, SQL*Developer and TOAD for Oracle.
- Extensive use of performance tuning by creating indexes, providing Hints, modifying tables, analyze tables and estimate stats using explain plan utility.
- Improved execution of queries by using Bulk Collections, Indexes, and Materialized Views.
- Used PVCS for version controlling purpose.
- Involved in modification/troubleshooting of batch jobs to meet the requirements and scheduling tasks.
- Worked with Informatica Power center ETL tools- Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor
- Analyzed the source system and developing the mappings using needed Transformations in Informatica tool according to technical specifications to populate the data into Target tables from Source systems.
- Coordinated with all the stake holder involved for the quick resolution of issues and also providing technical solutions to the client.
- Documented recurring issues and it's fixes to avoid delays.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL,TOAD for Oracle, Informatica 9.x, 12.7, SQL*Loader, UNIX Shell script, Windows XP/2003, Unix, Oracle forms and reports 10g,PVCS serena software, Windows Task scheduler.