- Oracle database professional with 10+ years of experience in development and administration of database server and applications on Linux, AIX and UNIX
- Expertise in ensuring that the company’s database installation, configuration, upgrades and network security policies adhere to the established and evolving technical, business rules and professional standards.
- Extensive knowledge in schema - objects creation and their management, database transaction management with an emphasis on proactively monitoring database application performance.
- Good hands on experience and knowledge of new features like Flashback Query, Flash Recovery area, ASM, ADDM, AWR, 12c Cloud Control and RAC, Oracle Partitioning, Dataguard.
- Extensive knowledge on expdp and impdp as well as RMAN database backups and recovery strategies.
- Quick learner, team player and has the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities. Ability to keep abreast with technological changes and new discoveries in the Information Technology.
- Extensive knowledge installing OFM (Oracle Fusion Middleware) 11g, configuring and deploying application.
- Extensive knowledge Ellucian ERP applications (Banner) over 7+ years.
- Extensive knowledge about CI/CIT/CID integration.
- Extensive knowledge working with Agile delivery teams.
Database: Oracle 12c, Oracle 11g, Oracle 10g, EBS and Oracle 9i
Software Packages: Toad, Oracle Developer 2000 (Forms and Reports), Microsoft Office suite, MS SQL Server 6.5, Database Performance Analyzer (Solarwinds)
OS/Networks: Windows NT, X Windows, Unix, Oracle Net Services
Languages: JAVA, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell scripts, C/C++,Visual Basic, COBOL, Pro*C, Python
Tools: Jenkins, SVN, Artifactory, Ansiable
Confidential, Palatine, Illinois
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
- Responsible for administration, management and support of the Banner ERP application and related database system components.
- Responsible for performing all analytical tasks necessary for system support, development, maintenance, and enhancement of existing Banner environment.
- Experience on Unix, AIX, Linux and Windows platforms for Oracle (9i, 10g, 11g, 12c).
- Experience in database installation, configuration, monitoring & administration in Production, Stage, and Test & Development environments.
- Optimizing the SQL’s for optimum performance by using through EXPLAIN PLAN, Auto Trace, SQL Trace and TKPROF.
- Performance tuning for an Oracle Database using AWR, ASH and ADDM reports.
- Responsible to improve the performance by Using the Hints, Indexes, Histogram.
- Setting up of Oracle and Application user accounts and passwords, monitoring application security.
- Logical Backup/Restoration strategy of Export and Import.
- Used Data Pump to export and import Tables, Schemas and Database.
- Cloned Oracle databases using Oracle RMAN.
- Implementing backup strategies RMAN and User Managed Backups and using cloud control 12c/13c.
- Automate DBMS tasks with OEM Grid Control 12c/13c.
- Managed ASM storage having 10+ databases. ASM cloning. Prepare/Add/remove ASM disks. Tuning of I/O on ASM based databases. Troubleshoot ASM crashes & memory problem.
- Implemented Data Guard Physical using DG Broker, and experienced with Data Guard new features Active Data Guard and Snapshot Standby.
- Security Administration and Creation of Users, Managing their roles and privileges.
- Control user access and ensure database security through privileges and roles in Oracle 11g, 12c
- Hands on experience of High Availability through Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Developed shell scripts for tracing Oracle errors, free space in the table spaces and free disk space in Archive destination for production database.
- Configured Oracle tools like SQL*Net to access the database from the network.
- Managing Instances, redo log files, Table spaces, Data files, storage structures, rollback segments, Undo segments, Temporary segments, Indexes.
- Assign users appropriate rights and table’s access through roles
- Managing banner security using form.
- Updating banner module 8 and 9 (Student, General, AR, Human Resource, Financial Aid, Workflow, ODS)
- Implement oracle TDE encryption in Production and DR .