- A Dedicated IT professional who excels in delivering system and database solutions in the cloud or on the ground. Exceptional problem solving skills as well as strong vision and leadership ability used to craft practical solutions in the design and implementation of computing and communications support. Strong communication skills and supervisory experience with a reputation for thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Oracle Database Admin
- SQL Server DBA
- AWS - Certified Architect
- Linux and Unix mastery
- Systems Administration
- Networking fundamentals
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC
Senior Database Administrator
- Oracle DBA - Provided support for fifty production, test, and development instances of Ellucian Banner, DegreeWorks, UC4, and Custom database applications for a student body of 5,000 undergraduates and 3,000 graduates.
- MS SQL Server - Performed DBA responsibilities for seventy databases supporting commercial applications. Activities included product and database upgrades, patches and one-time fixes. Responsible for moving and upgrading databases from Intel hardware based platforms to VMware virtual machines.
- Customer Support - Coordinated with clients in various departments to upgrade an outdated program to a virtualized program using MS SQL.
- Database Support - Acted as primary response contact for any reported issues that arose regarding Oracle and SQL Server databases.
Confidential, Binghamton, NY
- Oracle DBA - Provided DBA support for products including Oracle Grid control, ASM, and RAC, upgrading and supporting Ellucian Banner, Calero Pinnacle, T2, and other applications. Hardware procurement, o/s installation and configuration, Oracle installation and application installation and configuration.
- Billing Operations - Lead team for Telecommunications billing and cable plant operations involving $100k of gross revenue per month and 10,000 lines of phone service.
- Procurement - Procured, designed and implemented two multimedia communications systems valued between $100k - $200k. These systems supported 14,000 undergraduates and 2,000 graduate students. Involved with full product lifecycle including beta testing.
- Networking - Designed, purchased and installed a department level network to include multiple fiber connected switch stacks in separate geographic locations.
- Management - Managed IT staff for multiple departmental operations spanning the entire university
- Development - Created database and web based applications using Oracle Apex to support campus operations.
- Call Center Support - Designed and supported IT infrastructure for a student run inbound call center providing information databases and applications for twenty Windows client workstations taking hundreds of calls per day.