- Over 20 years of IT experience, including 2 years as a DB2 DBA in production environments on z/OS platforms and 2 years maintaining Oracle 10/11g on Linux platform.
- Ensure database management systems operate efficiently.
- Familiarity with several SDLC methodologies for database architecture and design.
- Equally effective working on self - managed projects or as a team member.
- Recognized as a practical problem-solver willing to assume increased responsibility.
- Ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environments.
- Project Planning and Management training.
- Knowledgeable in Help Desk/end-user.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects.
Databases: DB/2 10 & 11, Oracle 10g, 11g & 12c, SQL Server 2000 & 2005, MS Access
Programming Languages: JAVA 2, HTML, PL/SQL, T-SQL
Environment: s: Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 2007, Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 Server, UNIX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 & 7 and z/OS
Applications: Visio, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Microsoft Office Suites Pro/SBE(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Outlook) Front Page, Label Matrix, Gentran, EDI Bridge, HP Jet Admin, Vantive, AS 400, BTS Tracking, Cisco VPN 5000 Client, Platinum SQL ADM 6.02, eBackOffice v7.25 & eWarehouse v7.25 by Epicor Software Solutions, WinPaK & Pro-Watch (Security Software), Windows® Powered Pocket PC, Loftware, Ipswitch’s IMail Server v7.13, MS Exchange 2003 & 2007, Crystal Reports 10, Veritas Backup Exec v8.60, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, Symantec Ghost 8.0, IBM Data Studio
Tools: Oracle Enterprise Manager, BMC Tools, IBM Tools and Utilities, TSO/ISPF, SPUFI, RMAN, ASM
Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, VPN and Active Directory Administration
Oracle - DB2 Database Administrator (DBA)
- Responsible for implementing Oracle 12c Data Guard and Data Guard Broker as part of Disaster Recovery plan.
- Instrumental in the upgrade and migration of data from Oracle 11g to Oracle 12c.
- Instrumental in researching the security processes for Oracle 12c Database Vault.
- Responsible for installing and configuring Oracle 11g ASM and Oracle 11g Databases within a test environment during Oracle Database Vault testing.
- Effective in utilizing OPatch tools to ensure all Oracle databases were properly patched.
- Query Oracle database structures utilizing SQLPLUS, PuTTY and Oracle SQL Developer tools.
- Responsible for implementing Oracle 12c Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) Tablespace Data Encryption as a security measure in protecting sensitive data.
- Coordinate customer requests for project support on Mainframe DB2 databases, working successfully to manage all facets of assigned database creation or modifications.
- Utilize JCL, TSO ISPF, BMC Tools and IBM Data Studio as a means for analyzing database design and maintenance.
- Effectively manage the control, integrity and accessibility of database file structures.
- Effectively manage the support for project implementations.
- Responsible for approving database design specifications, providing physical data modeling, and design services.
- Create and maintain entity relationship diagrams to support new business processes and customer requirements.
- Perform basic tuning of SQL queries running on DB2 for z/OS utilizing BMC SQL explorer and IBM Data Studios.
- Monitor production JCL jobs utilizing IBM tools and utilities such as EJES and $AVRS.
- Query DB2 database structures utilizing BMC’s Catalog Manager and SPUFI.
- Effectively provide excellent customer service by assisting the customer with numerous tasks over the telephone and in person.
- Adept at handling emergency situations effectively.
- Responsible for patrolling the premises of buildings to detect suspicious activity, assist tenants, and ensure the safety of occupants.
Oracle Database Administrator (DBA)
- As coursework, effectively performed RMAN backups, recovery procedures and performance monitoring of Oracle database 11gR2.
- As coursework, efficiently multiplexed and maintained Oracle control files, redo log and archived log files.
- As coursework, configured and created ASM disk groups for Oracle DB install.
- As coursework, installed packages, procedures and functions.
- As coursework, designed and maintained Oracle database within a RHEL 4 environment.
- As coursework, planned and implemented all facets of backup and recovery utilizing RMAN as well as the recovery catalog.
- As coursework, created and modified database components to include tablespaces, tables, listeners, indexes and user accounts.
- As coursework, utilized Oracle Enterprise Manager as well as the command prompt to monitor database performance and query the database.
Technical Support Engineer
- Effectively performed database conversions (i.e. Access to SQL) for mid-size to large customers.
- Effectively performed data imports on various database platforms (i.e. Access, SQL, and Oracle) using a variety of database tools (i.e. SSIS, DTS, Oracle Datapump) to assist customer with loading data.
- Adept at setting up and configuring customer databases - Oracle, SQL, or Access - and import data for setup.
- Coordinated customer requests for technical support on software and hardware, working successfully to manage all facets of assigned customer installations.
- Used Crystal reports to create and modify simple to complex reports for various database platforms.
- Managed all facets of assigned customer installations.
- Imported/restored dump files to Oracle 10g R2 table spaces.
- Monitored, maintained and provided basic administration for several SQL 2005 replication severs.
- Queried Oracle, SQL and/or Access databases during troubleshooting.
- Documented all support tickets in our application, including corrective action, closure comments.
- Responsible for adding information to the online Knowledge Base.
- Assisted Junior Technical Support Engineers with support calls.
- Trained clients on the CribMaster software creating necessary training documentation for each client.
- Modified, tested and delivered custom Crystal Reports to customers.
- Worked with development to test CribMaster software and report any needed enhancements and/or bugs.
- Worked with sales to help define technical requirements for installations or custom CribMaster designs.
Network Administrator/Desktop Support
- Ensured constant availability of company resources including servers, workstations, laptops and printers.
- Administered, installed, configured multi-server Windows NT/ 2000/2003/2008 LAN.
- Administered, maintained and configured 3Ware SATA Raid Controller.
- Administered, maintained and configured PC workstations and printers.
- Maintained and applied appropriate security patches and upgrades.
- Maintained and configured Cisco 7940 VoIP Telephones.
- Configured, maintained and supported Linksys Wireless Access Points.
- Administered, maintained and configured SonicWall Firewall.
- Configured, maintained and supported Netgear GS748T Switches.
- Installed Oracle 10g R2/11g R1, creating table spaces, tables and user accounts.
- Installed/configured SQL Server 2000/2005.