- Oracle Lead DBA / DBA Manager / Database Architect with 20 + Years of worldwide experience as Oracle DBA Expert & Delivery Lead.
- A self - starter with in depth Knowledge, Expertise & Passion for Oracle DBA Technologies, I seek to advance my career goals by working as Oracle SME, MongoDB DBA, Golden Gate / Veridata and Exadata Machine Administrator having extensive hands on Experience in DBA Support and Leading a Fleet of IT professionals.
- I have excelled as Oracle SME/ IT Delivery Lead in Onsite/Offshore Model.
- I have been working for 20+ years as an Expert of Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i, 8.x DBA and taking care of IT Delivery. I have been a performing Techno Manager Roles being an L4 Support DBA and an IT Delivery Lead from Project Management standpoint. & working for Insurance, Banking, Retail, Health Care, Telecom, Financial, Billing, Web Applications, Manufacturing, Medical Transcription and E-Commerce customers.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Lead Oracle DBA / Database Architect
- I am the Lead DBA for over 2300 Confidential Stores Across United States and lead the DBA Operations from the front on 24/7 basis maintaining 100% SLA of more than 250 Oracle 12c databases.
- I design the project architecture from technical standpoint, Prepare Project Estimates & costing, maintain Oracle Licensing Inventory, Administer/Track various ongoing projects on JIRA Initiatives, Epics & Stories in a Perfect Agile environment.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Technical Lead DBA
- Worked with Confidential as Lead Oracle DBA & Completely Re-Engineered their Oracle Infrastructure by implementing ASMM from AMM, Implementing Huge pages, Disabling Transparent huge pages, Re-configuring ASM Diskgroups from Single Disk to Multi Disk Diskgroups to avoid contention & Improve Performance, SQL Tuning, Implementing SQL Plan Baselines and introduced OEM Monitoring Framework & Reports across the Organization.
- Reconfigured RMAN Backups and recovery strategies thus reducing backup and full DB restore time to half.
- The overall Database Performance improved more than 300% with all the changes implemented which earned extremely Huge Appreciation from my Client Leadership.
- I also architected their migrated technical infrastructure & prepared various estimates.
Technical Lead DBA
- I joined Confidential as Technical Lead DBA to launch and stabilize their DBA Operations.
- I supported Amex TIMS ( Technical Infrastructure Maintenance Services ) as Oracle DBA Expert, worked on Oracle 12c, 11g RAC, 12c/13c OEM, RMAN, ODA ( Oracle Database Appliances ), Exadata, implemented Mongo DB 3.2 deployment, migrated 11g/12c databases from legacy hardware to Exadata, maintained Golden Gate / Veridata, Implemented Data Guard as a DR Solution in Confidential, Applied Quarterly PSU Patches, Oracle Bug Patching in ODA /RAC environments, providing 24/7 On call DBA Production Support for Amex Databases.
Lead Oracle DBA / Delivery Lead Oracle DBA
Confidential, Beaverton, Oregon
- Heading a Fleet of 15 DBA s offshore and maintaining Extremely Prudent Engagement with Confidential Technical Managers and maintaining 100 % SLA.
- Enhanced the Performance of Large and Very Large databases by doing Server Level & Application Tuning.
- Implemented Storage Clone to Refresh Database of 35 Tera Bytes in less than 60 minutes.
- Improved the DB refreshes of Multi Tara Bytes environments using Storage Clones, Hot Clones, RMAN Cloning and Data Pumps.
- Reviewed and enhanced the backup strategy and of VLDB s of Confidential including databases sizing 35 TeraBytes.
- Proving 24/7 DBA Support and being a single point of contact for 11 different Application Teams of Confidential as a Shared Technical Lead Oracle DBA.
- Maintaining 100 % SLA for the first year after taking over Support.
- Leading a Team of 10 offshore DBA s, maintaining and helping the DBA team to improve efficiency & Technical Skills.
- Provided Technical Enhancements as for Confidential environment such as Deploying Active Data Guard as DR Tool, Did RAC - ing of Non RAC environments, got the approval for Implementing ASM to Tune I/O Performance, Implementing various Oracle 12c / 11g features at the system & Application Level.
- Implemented Oracle Golden gate Replication in Production environments.
- Implementing NoSQL MongoDB for various applications of Confidential .
Confidential, LosAngeles, CA
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Provided end to end DBA Services for my Clients having over 500 Production databases on 24*7 basis using Onsite - Offshore Model.
- Upgraded Lower versions of Oracle to 11gR2, implementing new features and supported bug fixing in applications after DB Upgrades.
- Cross Platform Migration using Endian Format Conversion & Transportable Tablespaces.
- Migration of Non RAC Databases to RAC environment.
- Performed Data Centre Migration and SAN Migration of 30 TB Data Centers in 10g/ 11g using ASM.
- Installed and configured Data Guard as DR solution in Maximum Protection and Maximum Performance Mode.
- Upgraded 10g Grid Control to 11g and did metrics bug fixing.
- Upgraded 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 & Implemented new features of 11g and introduced replication using Golden Gate.
- Introduced New Features of 11g including SQL Plan Management using Baselines, Read Only Tables, Database recovery Advisors, Case Sensitive Passwords, Database Replay, Invisible Indexes, Query result Cache, Table Compression, Tablespace Encryption etc.
- Used SQL Plan Baselines, SQL PROFILES to stabilize Execution Plan for Critical sql id s.
- Implemented Data Pumps as a Logical backup solution in Agilent Computing Services.
- I was head of implementation team of doing various DB Bug Fixing including TNS Poison bug.
- Installed 11g and upgraded Oracle 10g RDBMS and databases to 11g.
- Experience as On-Call 24x7 production DBA support, Development DBA.
- Installing High Availability Systems by Implementing Oracle 9i 10g Physical and Logical Data Guards.
- Maintained Troubleshooted RAC at OCR, CRS and DB Level. Implemented TAF and FAN in RAC Setups.
- Installed and Configured 4 Node RAC on Red Hat Linux AS 4 platform and added 2 Nodes to make it a 6 Node RAC. Added and relocated the OCR Mirror and Voting Disks to existing RAC Setups to prevent Single Point of failure and scheduled tested their physical and logical backups.
- Implemented Automatic Storage Manager (ASM). Did Extensive Performance Tuning of RAC Databases including Interconnect Tuning too.
- Upgraded the Oracle 10.2.0.1 Grid Control Setup Including OMS, Database and Agent to version 10.2.0.4
- Used Mass Deployment Agent to Install Remote Agents from OMS Side. Installed Intelligent Agent at target hosts using Agent Download Method.
- Migrated the OMS repository from 10.2.0.3 Grid Control to newly setup 10.2.0.4 Grid Setup Successfully to see the historical reports using new Grid Control.
- Implemented the Oracle 10g Physical Data Guard in Maximum Performance Mode for the client of Qualcomm i.e. Verizon Wireless having Primary Site in San Diego and Standby site operating in Las Vegas.
- Installed and implemented Oracle 11g and upgraded existing 10g databases to 11g.
- Implemented the 4 Node Oracle 10g RAC on Sun Cluster and did all the trouble shooting to make the CRS and RAC Setup a stable one. Implemented the MAA (Maximum Availability Architecture) having 10g Physical Data Guard for 4 Node RAC System.
- Writing Shell scripts for Alerts for ORA- errors, backup and recovery, Import and export procedure, Unix Shell scripting in csh, ksh to be controlled from crontab.
- Security User Management, Privileges, Roles, Auditing, Profiling, Authentication. Worked on various application deployments like setting up a new Telecom Carrier for the Billing Systems.
- Provides disaster recovery testing without affecting the primary environment. Writing scripts for backup and recovery, Import and export procedure. Refreshed Test Stage UAT databases from the production environment using shadow image Technology and applying Archives logs to the clone database thereafter.
- Downsizing and defragmenting the Very Large Databases by export import, Cloning them using RMAN Duplicate features and then upgrading them to Oracle 10g using catupgrd.sql
- Installation, setup and configuration of Physical and Logical Data guards. Used Veritas FlashSnap Warehouse, RMAN, DDL and Wizard OEM Management Server for Export backups on schema level hot backups. Used Export Import for Reorganizing databases Used Oracle streams for Data replication, Data warehouse loading, Event notification as well as business event mgt.
- Implemented Password Administration, User Schema Account Naming by using standard Oracle profiles, enable password encryption, data encryption in accordance to the SOX policies of the company Setting up and Auditing RMAN Hot and Cold Backups, Exports. Involved in Disaster Recovery using Data Guard, RMAN as well as testing and maintaining user accessibility. Extensive Performance Tuning, Memory (SGA) Tuning using DBMS XPLAN.
- Providing the Disaster Recovery Solutions and Supporting the data centers along with replication sites on both east coast and west coast while sitting in the Ross headquarters in Bay Area.
- I have the privilege of rendering 24*7 Core DBA support for the manufacturing ( Production ), Testing Development databases of Ross.
Sr. Oracle DBA / Lead Oracle DBA
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- I headed team of 12 Offshore DBA’s and attained 100% SLA handling 500 + Databases. Installing, Upgrading and configuring 9i and 10g databases, Setting Up Recovery Manager (RMAN), Upgrading OEM from 9i to 10g, Extensive Performance Tuning, Memory (SGA) Tuning, Net backup, EMC (Time finder and SRDF), RAID, RAW Devices.
- Cloning databases using scripts as well as RMAN. Installed and configured RMAN for 8i, 9i and 10g and 10g OEM . Installation, setup and configuration of Physical Logical Data guard.
- Used PL SQL, SQL Loader as part of ETL process to populate the operational data store. Managing Veritas Clusters for HA, I2 Implementation.
- Table Partitioning, Creating Index Organized tables, Creating Locally managed Tablespaces.
- Worked with BLOBS and CLOBS, Materialized views with Query Rewrite, Bitmapped Indexes, Function Based Indexes etc. Storage Management Managing Space, Tablespaces, Segments and Extents, Rollback Segments Data Dictionary.
- Used Oracle Internet Directory to leverage the scalability, high availability and security features of the Oracle database. Security User Management, Privileges, Roles, Auditing, Profiling, Authentication.
- Used Oracle Advanced replication feature to set up multi-master replication, dealt with conflict resolution and performance issues.
Sr. Software Engineer ( Databases )
- Installing Oracle 9i Database Server on Red Hat Linux / Sun / Hp Servers.
- Installing Oracle Servers & Clients for more than 70 Developers & Test engineers configuring their TNS connectivity to more than 100 PROD/ QA Database servers through NFS server having Oracle Client.
- Installing Oracle 9i Application Server Enterprise Edition including Infrastructure Business Intelligence 9i AS Developer Kit for Web Based Adhoc Reporting Report Server.
- Creating Born Korn Shell scripts for taking hot backups for 24*7 Operations Entity Relationship Diagrams Data Flow Diagrams, Normalization and implying checks for concurrency.
- Creating Data Load scripts using SQL Loader to the Onsite Clients for Test Data Application Testing.
- Database triggers and stored procedures are used to enforce the integrity constraint. Taking Hot and Cold Backups, Exports and also using Recover Manager Backups. Setting and Installing Oracle Enterprise Manager and Enterprise Backup Utility. Migrating the data to Test, QA, UAT from the Production database.
Confidential, Menlo Park, CA
Sr. Oracle DBA
- I was Installation, Upgrading and Configuring Oracle 220.127.116.11 Databases and Applying Patches in Oracle Apps Environment on both Server side and Client side.
- Complete cycle, including development, testing, training and production, Extensive Performance Tuning, Memory (SGA) Tuning, Tuning Concurrent Managers, etc Setting up advanced replication using DB Triggers and export import. Setting up Oracle Parallel server OPS.
- Installed and configured Oracle Web Server 3.0 Used Designer 2000 for database design Setting up new environments (Development, Testing, Conference Room Pilot, Production etc)
- Unix Shell scripting in csh, ksh for automating startup shutdown of databases. Upgraded Oracle 8 server to Oracle 8i using export import. Defragmentation of database using export import.
- Removing row chaining and migration for better performance. Used indexes on index organized tables to support queries not using primary key index. Managed Parallel DML and Parallel Queries for optimal performance.
- Devised and managed backup recovery strategies using Recovery Manager. Creating database links among different databases for the communication between them Maintaining the desired execution plans for DSS users.
- Used Database triggers for Value Based Auditing and stored procedures to enforce the integrity constraint.