- IBM - certified Database Administrator - DB2 Universal Database V9 for Linux, UNIX and Windows.
- Over 13 years of experience in Information Technology, with nearly 11 years of solid experience as DB2 UDB Administrator running on Linux, UNIX and Windows based Operating systems.
- Well versed in all aspects of Relational Database Design and Administration like logical and physical database design, creation, maintenance, backup, recovery strategies, performance monitoring and tuning, problem identification and resolution, security and disaster recovery planning in both OLTP and OLAP/DSS (Data Warehouse Environments).
- Experienced in utilizing DB2 objects, stored procedures, bufferpools, tablespaces, adding containers to teh tablespaces, monitoring teh database activities, monitoring tablespace usage, applying fix packs, configuring remote connectivity of DB2 databases, assist developers regarding database and server related issues in a very large and complex multi platform environment.
- Well versed with DB2 IBM supported tools like Data Server Manager, Data Studio, Control Center, Command Center, Replication Center, Task Center, Configuration Assistant, Performance Expert, Infosphere Change Data Capture Server/Access Server/Management Console and Visual Explain.
- Expertise in design and implementation of data replication using Replication Center, HADR and Infosphere change data capture Server in homogeneous and heterogeneous environments like OS/390, z/OS WINDOWSNT and AIX.
- Proficient in UNIX shell scripting for automating database maintenance jobs like Reorgs, Runstats, Tablespace Monitoring and replication status monitoring and data loads.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Work well in a team environment as well as independently.
RDBMS: DB2 UDB 10.5, 10.1, 9.7, 9.5, 9.1 ESE/WSE, 8.2 ESE, 7.X EE/EEE, Oracle 8i/9i, SQL Server 2005/2000/7.X, Informix, MS Access 97, 2000, MS SQL Server
Tools and Utilities: Control Center, Configuration Assistant, DB2 Visual Explain, Performance Expert, ERwin, COGNOS, Enterprise Manager, DataMirror, Management Console, HADR, Infosphere Change Data Capture, Data Studio, Ignite/Solarwinds
Languages: C, C++, JAVA, Visual Basic, T-SQL, PL-SQL, UNIX Shell scripting, Perl/CGI and OOD
Database Connectivity Tools: QMF, AQT, TOAD, Rapid SQL, SQL Navigator.
Operating System: UNIX, AIX 7.1/6.1/5.3/4.3, SOLARIS 9, OS 390, WIN NT/2000 Servers, SCO-UNIX, Linux(Suse and Red Hat)
Sr. DB2 DBA
- Support all DB2 UDB environments dat are used for reporting, hosting and internal project purposes.
- Maintain 5TB of partitioned data warehouse environment for SAS reporting purposes, participate in key decisions in terms of design, code and performance tuning of teh evolving requirements.
- Coordinate DB2 upgrade to V10.5 as perquisite to SAS V9.4 upgrade.
- Perform periodic purges of production data and also refresh UAT/Test environments to reflect teh production data.
- Implement database migration to new hardware and compare performance results.
- Configure, install and design DB2 v10.5 database for COGNOS financial reporting project.
- Successfully upgrade DB2 to v10.1 and setup HADR for all IBM Websphere Portal databases to support Portal v8 upgrade.
- Participate and perform quarterly database disaster recoveries
- Took part in multiple DB2 user group training sessions provided by Tridex and also attended teh IDUG 2015 NA conference.
Environment: IBM DB2 UDB v9.7 ESE, 10.1/10.5 WSE, AIX 6.1/7.1, Windows NT, QMF, Data Server Manager, Data Studio 4.1, ERwin Data Modeler 9.5, Ignite/Solarwinds Monitoring, COGNOS v10.2,SAS v9.2
Sr. DB2 DBA
- Provide database administration support remotely for a variety of customers such as Steel Manufacturing, Financial Services, Government Agency, Insurance providers, pharmaceutical management providers, Safety product manufacturer.
- Posses skills to provide support for several database environments (Replication setup, Heterogeous Environments OS/390 & AIX) dat reside on variety of Operating systems (Linux, AIX, Windows) also with a variety of DB2 UDB editions(Workgroup, Enterprise Editions) and versions(V7,V8,V9).
- Ensure dat teh environments are highly available, secure and running at peak performance.
- Primary DBA support 24/7.
- Design, develop and deploy several shell scripts, monitors (Groundworks Nagios, Toad BigBrother toolsets) and reports for daily proactive monitoring, administration and automatic maintenance. dis list includes space growth; Bufferpool hit ratios, CPU loads, Memory swaps, Reorgs, Runstats, replication status checks and delay reports, database backups.
- Collaborate and implement projects to upgrade customer DB2 database servers from V8.2 to V9.5/V9.7 and also apply latest fix packs as available.
- Expertise in installing, configuring replication using SQL replication, HADR and IBM acquired tool set Infosphere change data capture Server (CDC).
- Perform major CDC release upgrades for a Steel Manufacturing environment (For example from V4.7 to V6.1.) to keep up to date with teh latest patches and fixes.
- On a regular basis involved in several short term databases assessment projects for customers with unacceptable performance issues to identify overlooked issues dat may be slowing operations or causing poor database performance.
- Perform and document quarterly disaster recovery testing and analysis.
- Refresh test/development database environments from production environments as per customer requests.
- Learn TSO, JCL, ADBL utilities to navigate and perform simple monitoring tasks in MVS/OS390 environments.
Environment: IBM DB2 UDB v8.2 ESE, v9.5/v9.7 ESE, V8.2 WSE, Linux 9, AIX 5.3, Windows NT, AQT, Infosphere change data capture Server (CDC), Groundworks - Nagios and TOAD BigBrother Monitoring.
- Interacted with clients, Data Architect, Data Integration team, Data Modelers and other roles at USDW to design and develop teh physical partitioned database
- Supported teh database environments by performing installation, testing, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting in a 7x24 production environment.
- Installed and configured teh complete setup of Performance Expert tool to monitor and optimize teh performance of teh database/application.
- Implemented maintenance jobs like creating, extending DMS tablespaces on raw devices, Export/Import, Alert log purging, running reorgchk to determine teh indexes and tables dat needs reorg as part of steady support for teh production databases.
- Monitored teh database for lock escalation, deadlocks, resource utilization by sessions, Shared Pool caching, bufferpool hit-ratios,
- Test teh application SQL’s against EXPLAIN and VISUAL EXPLAIN to capture long running sql queries, queries with sort overflows to optimize query access plans.
- Develop scripts to purge transactional data older TEMPthan 18 months to different database location.
- Implement and maintain Online/ Offline backup strategies.
- Regularly performed capacity planning, volumetric analysis and planning growth of teh database.
- Documented all teh changes to teh database using CVS repository.
Environment: IBM DB2 UDB v8.2 ESE, Solaris 9, Aqua data studio, AQT, Performance Expert, Control Center, IBM websphere application server 5.1, CVS.
Confidential . NY
AIX DB2 DBA
- Major responsibilities were planning, implementing and maintenance of over 20 replication databases.
- Implemented replication setup between heterogeneous environments like OS/390 and AIX using both DJRA and Replication Center.
- Upgraded teh entire set of replication databases from v7.2 to v8.2 and applied fix packs and also implemented DPF (Database Partitioning Feature) for large databases of terabytes of size.
- Developed shell and Perl scripts to regularly monitor teh replication process, tablespaces and for performing Re-orgs and Run-stats, ddl generations, auto start of capture and apply programs.
- Also developed generic shell scripts to load data in to teh production and UAT databases which involved using export, import and load utilities.
- Scheduled Cron jobs to send out notifications in case of disasters like replication process are out of synch.
- Performed debugging in case of replication failures.
- Tuned teh SQL’s used for reporting in case of slow performance using Snapshot Monitoring, Explain Utility, Visual Explain and built appropriate indexes, alter bufferpools, tablespaces if necessary.
- Configured and fine tuned DB2 Database Manager and Database configuration parameters for better response, throughputs and proper utilization of global memory.
- Monitored databases for lock escalation, dead lock, resource utilization by sessions, capturing long running SQL/runaway queries using DB2 snapshot.
- Documented teh changes done to teh database on a regular basis.
Environment: IBM DB2 UDB v8.2 EEE& v8.1, DB2 v7.2 (UDB), OS/390, AIX 5.3/5.2, DJRA, Replication Center, AQT.
AIX DB2 DBA
- Support of over 10 DB2 Instances/Subsystems with latest releases and running on AIX Operating system environments.
- Creation and Maintenance of UDB/DB2 Instances, Databases, Schema and Objects across Development, Testing and Production environments
- Involved in designing, implementing, maintaining, tuning and supporting of databases
- Interacted with development groups, to gather requirements and manage all DB2 UDB EE, EEE, ESE v7.x & 8.x family of products plan, Install, setup, upgrade and apply fixpaks.
- Ability to maintain large databases with terabytes of data using teh DPF (Database Partitioning Feature)
- Creation, Maintenance and Execution DB2 Scripts and Shell Scripts
- Generate regular reports for performance history collection and performance trend.
- To help provide insights into DB2 optimizer-generated access paths and provide support in interpreting DB2 access paths, made use of various DB2 Explain tools, including Visual Explain and generic IBM Explain facility.
- Event, database performance and availability monitoring.
- Creation and execution of backup/recovery strategies and procedures.
- Support regular offline backups to support version, crash recovery and also online backups thus making teh databases Recoverable.
- Restore UAT databases from PROD for testing purposes using Redirect Restore option.
- 24/7 Production environment Monitoring, Diagnosing and Trouble shooting
- Evaluation and testing new versions of UDB/DB2
- Create and maintain DB2 documentation for standard procedures.
Environment: IBM DB2 UDB v8.2 EEE& v8.1, DB2 v7.2 (UDB), OS/390, AIX 5.2, AQT.
Confidential, Alpharetta. GA
DB2 Database Administrator
- Installed, configured and upgraded DB2 server software and related products.
- Designed database model using ERWIN.
- Designed database, Physical and Logical based on teh business process.
- Created and maintained users, groups and schemas for porting applications and controlling database access using authorities and privileges
- Installed and maintained DB2 environment including creating databases, buffer pools, logical and physical design of database storages using DMS/SMS tablespaces.
- Administered databases using Control Center, Command Center.
- Analyzed and updated Indexes, stored procedures, triggers and queries.
- Executed RUNSTATS for generating and updating table and index statistics.
- Cataloged multiple instances and configuring connectivity to databases from remote clients.
- Managed database loading, migrating and maintaining data with LOAD, EXPORT, IMPORT, DB2LOOK and DB2MOVE utilities.
- Developed backup and recovery strategies.
- Wrote shell scripts in UNIX (AIX/Solaris/HP) with a good understanding of AIX servers and architecture.
- Wrote stored procedures after discussing with Application Development team.
- Application Support, Design, User Administration, Security, Performance Tuning, Optimization and Backup/Recovery.
Environment:DB2 7.2 (UDB), Erwin 4.0, TOAD, J2EE, Quest Central, Linux, Shell Script.
- Registered users by creating a login id.
- Setup privileges and access rights for Users.
- Create various database objects (tables, indexes, views) and implement referential integrity constraints for enforcing data integrity and Rules.
- Informed Database Start-up and Shutdown (db2start and db2stop).
- Administered teh Database archives such as tablespaces, tables, indexes, triggers.
- Performed Regular reorganization of data (REORGS) and running RUNSTATS.
- Monitored system performance by creating EXPLAIN tables and running teh VISUAL EXPLAIN utility on static and dynamic SQL’s.
- Involved in Database design upgrades and troubleshooting and problem determination.
- Developed and automated UNIX scripts for maintenance activities.
Environment:DB2 (UDB) 6.1, Erwin, IBM Web Sphere Server.
- Database, OS and application installation.
- Designed Physical and Logical aspects of database based on teh business process.
- Implemented stored procedures in coordination with Application Development team.
- Designed data models using Erwin tool compatible to business requirements.
- Performed inserts and updates to database using several stored procedures.
- Maintained scripts and fix day to day problems encountered in teh application from teh database perspective.
- Prepared plans to monitor keys transaction and improve their response time. Monitoring and tuning teh databases using Explain Plans, volume testing.
- Database size growth monitoring and size estimation by extrapolating gathered statistics.
- Troubleshoot Database related Problems.
- Involved in performing SQL Optimization, Runstats and Reorganizing teh tables/indexes Export/Import and Database upgrades/migrations.
Environment:DB2 (UDB) 6.1, AQT, J2EE, Web Sphere Application studio 5.0, NT 4.0