- Oracle DBA (Database Administrator) Consultant who can “hit the ground running” in any organization. me am looking forward to becoming non as you're most experienced DBA asset on you're team.
- me can integrate my vast technical and professional noledge and experience into ANY organization. Do you has major team projects, monitoring tasks, independent or remote positions? me’ve worked wif them all And me can work wif personalities wifin you're organization, utilizing the teams, processes, and systems which are already in place, and enhance them to be the best in the business.
- me am looking forward to working wif you're team, projects, and building towards the future, starting right now. Let's do dis together
Sr. Oracle DBA
Confidential, Brentwood, TN
- Senior Oracle DBA part of small team managing over 100 Oracle databases
- Oracle Databases 12c and 11g (R1 and R2) on RAC wif ASM, and on file systems on UNIX (HP, Solaris, IBM/AIX) and Linux
- Establishing and standardizing OEM Cloud Control (version 12 and 13) monitors and thresholds and procedures for all DBs
- Assisted wif GlodenGate management and replication to and from Oracle and other databases, such as DB2, mainframe, MSSQL, MySQL, etc.
- Writing and implementing scripts supplementing all DB and O/S monitors using crontab and shell and SQL scripts
- Working wif application and infrastructure teams during all implementation phases
- Oracle Databases interfacing wif other database systems: MS SQL, IBM DB2, MySQL, Postgres, Informatica
Application System Engineer
- Application System Engineer consultant for Kforce, assigned to Wells Fargo
- Oracle database versions from 11g to 12c, including migrating from each of these to newer versions and other platforms
- Working wif multiple application teams on integration and migration projects
- Primary project focused on migrating to Exadata environment from traditional Linux/UNIX systems using GlodenGate, Export/Import, and DataGuard
- Added new application functionality incorporating original SQL Loader and other scripts
- ETL subsystems included GlodenGate processes in addition to SQL and PL/SQL
Banner Oracle DBA Consultant
- Banner Oracle DBA consultant for Oxford, assigned to University of San Francisco
- Migrating Banner ODS DB to new Banner ODS 9.0 ETL tool
- Multiple dynamic O/S and SQL scripts created for migration effort
- Installed Oracle 12c R2 on Solaris using silent response file scripts
- Worked wif UNIX admin team to install Java 1.8 for server
- Installed Oracle ODI 12.2.1 wif Weblogic Fusion Middleware
- Migrated Production Banner ODS DB to 12c R2 Banner ODS DB new server using export/import datapump
- Working wif application team to link Banner ODS DB to Banner DB source
- Documentation and status communicated regularly
Remote Oracle DBA Consultant
- Senior Oracle DBA remote consultant support team managing multiple client Oracle databases for multiple clients
- Databases versions are 12c, 11g, and legacy versions 7 through 9 on RAC wif ASM and file systems, on Windows, Linux and Oracle Database Appliance
- Oracle Databases primarily supporting JD Edwards application projects and clients
- Primarily Technical JDE, not Functional, but interact directly wif technical teams for implementation
- Upgraded and migrated various platforms and versions of Oracle and JDE
- Interacted and coordinated wif multiple company development teams and projects for Oracle deployments.
- Designed standard monitoring for managing databases through DBconsole, EM Cloud Control 12c, custom scripts, and logging directly into DB servers.
- Implemented, resolved issues, and managed RMAN and custom backup solutions for all databases, including EMC Avamar and Tierpoint eVault.
- Successfully restored and refreshed multiple development and test databases and application schemas through RMAN Duplicate Database "clones" and EXPORT/IMPORT (datapump and also traditional) processes.
- Established and managed database links and user grants for application access.
- Database upgrades and installations coordinated and performed personally.
Senior Oracle L3 DBA Consultant
- Senior Oracle DBA Level 3 consultant for Insight Global, assigned to Walgreens corporate office
- Member of team of 8 DBAs managing over 1000 Oracle databases.
- On - call DBA for production and other critical issues.
- Databases versions 12c, 11g, 10g, 9i on RAC wif ASM and file systems, on AIX, Solaris, Linux and Oracle Database Appliance.
- Multiple DBs upgraded on AIX, Solaris, and ODA from 11g to 12c.
- ODA grid infrastructure and DBs upgraded from 11g to 12c using oakcli and manual methods
- Interfaced and coordinated wif various development teams and projects for Oracle deployments.
- Managed databases through OEM 12c and logging directly into DB servers.
- Implemented and managed RMAN backup solutions for all databases.
- Refreshed multiple development and test databases and application schemas through RMAN clones and EXPORT/IMPORT processes.
- Established and managed user grants and synonyms for application access.
- Database upgrades and migrations coordinated and performed personally.
Senior Oracle DBA Consultant
- Senior Oracle DBA consultant for Robert Half, assigned to HCA and Parallon Business Solutions
- Member of small team managing over 100 Oracle databases for all aspects of hospital management for HCA and software development at Parallon
- Databases and Oracle clients include 12c, 11g, 10g, on RAC wif ASM, and single instances on file systems, on both IBM AIX and Redhat Linux.
- Established and maintained monitoring and alerting systems wif Oracle Grid Control and writing custom shell scripts. dis included setting monitoring templates and thresholds throughout the organization.
- Enhanced business teams and development teams through design and implementation sessions, wif performance tuning throughout the software lifetime.
- Scripts and administration duties encompassed upgrades, RMAN backup and restore, Flashback, data migration, table and partition redefinition, multiple deployments throughout the organizations and databases, wif zero to minimal down-time.
- Mentored and assisted all Oracle DBAs, including off-shore and novice team members in standardization and professional communication skills. dis includes interaction wifin the DBA team, and also wif client support and development teams.
Senior Oracle DBA Consultant
- Senior Oracle DBA consultant for MODIS, assigned to AGLA, a subsidiary of AIG
- Managing the Oracle databases on IBM AIX, Sun Solaris SPARC, and Windows.
- Listener log file automated shrink and archive process established - ensured size of log file would not hinder connection attempts
- EMC NetWorker Module for Oracle (NMO) installed, configured - allowing RMAN backups interfacing wif EMC storage
- Standardized backups across all Oracle databases, including RMAN configurations, and export datapump processes.
- Managed and migrated Oracle Enterprise Manager dbconsole monitoring, password changes, and jobs.
- Primary DBA on database migrations to new corporate O/S platforms - from Windows and Solaris to AIX
- Assisted wif ETL systems interacting wif Oracle and SQLserver and DB2 databases.
- Expert in troubleshooting and refinement of shell and SQL/PLSQL scripts - plus RMAN and EM dbconsole job scripts
- Managed Upgrades and Patching from 9i, through 10g, and on to 11gR2 and latest Oracle PSU and CPU patches, including establishing critical modifications for security: laying out the pathways for product lifecycle, from Design/Conception, through Development, implementation in UAT, and coordination into Production
- Database Architect and Designer for Data Warehouse and Core Repository, along wif multiple staging schemas.
- Designing and implementing methodology for scripting wifout passwords, using O/S-based user security
Senior Oracle DBA Consultant
- Senior Oracle DBA consultant for Resolution Technologies, assigned to Ingram Content Group, also non as Ingram Book Company
- One of a small team of Oracle DBAs handling 14 Oracle databases on Linux, on RAC and standalone configurations, as well as Grid Control and RMAN catalog repository
- dis includes all of the Ingram Content "iPage" Oracle Text searches, Sterling EDI transaction system, Oracle Financials, VoiceCollect application, and TIBCO.
- Migrated all Oracle monitoring and cron jobs to Grid Control (OEM) wifout issues
- Expert in troubleshooting and refinement of shell and SQL/PLSQL scripts
- Primary Oracle DBA on RMAN configurations and setup
- Supported Oracle GlodenGate environments as secondary support.
- Managed ETL on IBM InfoSphere (and old DataJoiner) Replication server on DB2 Linux and Windows for replication processes between DB2/UDB, MS-SQL, and Oracle databases
- Handled Ingram’s Disaster Recovery for Oracle Databases
Senior Oracle DBA Consultant
- Senior Oracle DBA consultant for TEKsystems, assigned to ERCOT - Electric Reliability Council of Texas
- ERCOT managing the electrical grid for the State of Texas
- Primary DBA in charge of several 24x7 real-time production databases from 9i through 10.2.0.4
- Backups and recoveries handled through RMAN and Grid Control
- Handled performance tuning and ongoing maintenance
- Designed source code, development, and management scripts (UNIX shell and PL/SQL)
- Assisted in coordinating layout of data to Data Warehouse (ODS)
- Worked closely wif GlodenGate and Data Warehouse teams and infrastructure.
- Installed, administered, and upgraded Oracle 10g on HPUX and AIX
- DBA handling migration to IBM AIX from HPUX
- Analyzed and coordinated systems using Spotlight, Toad, DBArtisan, OEM Console, CRON
- Expert shell, SQL, and PL/SQL coding
Senior Oracle DBA Consultant
- Senior Oracle DBA consultant for Sysgenix, assigned to Landmark Digital, a subsidiary of BMI
- Broadcast music recognition enterprise system across USA
- 25 terabyte (TB) clustered database storing audio BLOB data and metadata data warehouse
- Installed, administered, and upgraded all Oracle 10g (10.2.0.3) RAC on LINUX using Oracle ASM
- Administered Oracle EM dbconsole and Grid Control
- Designed and implemented RMAN backup and recovery procedures
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts for DBA procedures and scheduled in cron
- Assisted developers wif PL/SQL coding, programming, and database migration & implementation
- Utilized ERWin, DBArtisan, DBVisualizer, and SQL Developer
Senior Banner Oracle DBA Consultant
- Senior Banner Oracle DBA consultant for TAC Worldwide, assigned as Sungard DBA for Tennessee Board of Regents schools
- Primary Oracle DBA and Solaris UNIX mentor, managing 19 campus data centers across Tennessee
- Campuses including Memphis, MTSU, East TN State, TN Board of Regents office and others
- Each campus actively utilized 7-12 separate databases - total of 200 DB - over 2 terabytes total
- Installed, administered, and upgraded all Oracle 9i (220.127.116.11) DB & Oracle 10g AS (9.0.4) Application
- Supported, patched, and upgraded Sungard Banner 7.2 - Complete Higher Education ERP
- Mentor for all campus technical staff - they had no prior experience in Oracle or UNIX
- Designed, wrote, and implemented all RMAN backup and recovery procedures
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts and PL/SQL scripts for DBA procedures and scheduled in cron
Senior Oracle DBA
- Installed, administered, and upgraded all Oracle 8i (18.104.22.168) and 9i (22.214.171.124) Sun Solaris 8
- Lead Oracle DBA for IBC, managing and mentoring other Oracle DBA staff
- Administered RMAN and DB snapshot backup and recovery methods
- Integrated backups across the network wif Veritas Netbackup
- Database sizes totaled 200 GB
- Database clone/duplication and disaster recovery coordinator
- Data Warehousing, replication, migration, and integration of Oracle wif DB2 and SQLServer
- Established Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) jobs and events for scheduling and managing
- Database instances supported IBC’s “iPage” web site for world class searching, ordering, inventory
- Integrated wif WebSphere and Vignette using JAVA through JDBC and ODBC
- UNIX shell and PL/SQL script-design and writing
- Guided application development methods
- Coordinated performance tuning and maintenance on all Oracle servers
Oracle DBA Consultant
Confidential, Franklin, TN
- Contracted for the following companies:
- Ingram Barge (1 year)
- United Methodist Publishing House (1 year)
- Covad/BlueStar (1 year)
- Genesco (1 year) Murray
- MagnetekNortel,New Horizons
- NextGenDavidson County Sheriff
- First Baptist Church Franklin
- Oracle instructor for DBA classes
- Lead Oracle DBA on multiple sites running on Sun Solaris, Windows NT, HP/UX, and AIX
- Working independently on some contracts, and managed and mentored technical teams on others
- Oracle DBA for: PeopleSoft, Financials, Strategic Marketing, Logistics, and Data Warehouse
- Installed, upgraded, and administered Oracle versions 7.3, 8.0, 8.1 (8i)
- Established Oracle audit and organization guidelines for security, privileges, and roles
- Developed and guided systems involving UNIX and SQL scripts
- Programmed PL/SQL procedures, functions, and triggers
- Impromptu, PowerBuilder, Crystal Reports, PeopleTools SQR, Brio, Oracle Designer, MS Access
- OEM administrator, establishing jobs and events
- Scheduled jobs and procedures using Argent scheduling system
- Established backup, recovery, and clone procedures using RMAN and export/import
- Performed performance tuning and optimization
- UNIX shell and Windows batch and command scripting
- Managed implementations of Java-based web sites interfacing wif Oracle
- Completed Y2K testing and successfully presided over rollover
- Administered Microsoft NT and Exchange Server, along wif user PCs maintenance and support
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Technical lead for new corporate accounting system
- Oracle 7 DBA and IBM AIX System Administrator
- Installed and managed new corporate HR/Accounting system (Jobscope)
- Migrated legacy data from earlier VAX/VMS (Argonaut) system
- Designed and implemented Oracle views, Access, Excel through ODBC client/server applications
- Designed and set up Xyplex secured bridge/routers and terminal/print servers
- Integrated software and layered products from VAX/VMS to Alpha/VMS
- Also performed as Oracle DBA, System Manager, and Technical Project Leader on successful gasoline blending project for Venezuela’s largest oil company
- Other projects were oil and gasoline blending refineries based in Belgium, Germany, Vienna
- Applications included VAX FORTRAN, CMS, FORTRAN-LINT, DECWindows, MOTIF, X-Windows, VAX systems and PCs using VMS, MS-DOS, Windows, Ethernet, LAN, VAXcluster, DECnet, PATHworks, SQL*Plus, Oracle Forms, Oracle Menu, SQL*Loader, Pro*FORTRAN, Confidential SETCON & GCS
- Oracle technical support contact and senior troubleshooter on all VMS, OS/2, and AIX issues
- Installed and maintained all LAN and WAN and Clusters for the company
- Evaluated, installed, and maintained dial-in security
- Designed and wrote file transfer and terminal emulation on VAX and UNISYS systems
- Corporate VAX/VMS System Manager and technical consultant, including All-In-1
- Installed hardware and system maintenance
- UNISYS U-series (UNIX) and B-series system administrator
- System Manager for all Exploration division VAX/VMS computers handling drafting (Intergraph), mapping (Zycor), database (Oracle), printing and plotting (Precision Visuals), seismic analysis (DIGICON), and statistical analysis (SAS).
- Developed resource usage system and other system management utilities
- Designed and implemented Marathon Exploration System (MES), integrating and automatically tracking usage of all applications
- Internal consultant for all FORTRAN, graphics (GKS and CORE), and VAX DCL and VMS projects
- Co-managed operation of Marathon’s Western Region (Platte) oil pipeline, including dispatching field personnel and troubleshooting
- Completely documented from scratch complete third-party C language SCADA system
- System manager for DEC PDP/RSX-11M, including DECnet
- Program design, development and implementation of programs in COBOL, RPG and PL/1.