- Detail oriented IT professional with 10+ years of proven expertise in supporting and optimizing performance of SQL Server 2017/2016/2014/2012/2008R2/2008/2005 as Database Administrator and Developer.
- Installed and configured SQL 2017 for POC on RHLE 7.3.
- Experience in Upgrade/migration of several instances and databases from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005/2008, SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008/2008 R2, from SQL Server 2008/2008R2 to SQL Server 2012/2014 also migration form SQL to Sybase using SSMA.
- Worked as Database Administrator onSybaseASE 12.X, 15.X & 16.X, Replication 12.X & 15.XSybaseIQ 12.X & 15.X.
- Installed and administered multiple VLDB Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g and 12c databases.
- Experience in12c RAC and 11g RAC configuration, maintenance and support.
- Excellent Knowledge onCassandraArchitecture,Cassandradata modelling & MonitoringCassandrausing Opscenter.
- Experience withAWSCloud Services, AMI,AWSEC2,AWSS3 Storage,AWSEBS Volumes, Snapshot Backups,AWSRDS (IAAS,PAAS,SAAS), Redshift, Microsoft Azure (IAAS,PAAS,SAAS) and Google Cloud.
- Experienced in Amazon AWS provisioning, administration, monitoring and troubleshooting. Experience in data migrations, backup and recovery, geographic data replication (Region and Availability Zones), CloudWatch performance monitoring, system tuning and disaster recovery configuration and execution.
- Good working experience in Azure App Service, Azure Logic apps, Service Bus, Document DB and AzureCosmosDB.
- Experience in documenting and implementing Disaster Recovery Plans using Database Mirroring, Log shipping and Replication with different topologies for production databases.
- Involved in various projects related toData Modeling, System/Data Analysis, Design and Development for both OLTP and Data warehousing environments.
- Practical understanding of theData modeling(Dimensional & Relational)concepts like Star - Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Experience in Server administration in various environments - Window 2000 & 2003 with Active Directory Services (AD, DNS, DHCP).
- Experience in In-Place upgrade of Windows serves from 2008 R2 to 2016.
- Experience in handling very large databases in OLTP and data warehouse environments, which are in Terabytes size.
- Experience in implementation of SQL Server new features like Always On Availability Groups, Contained Databases, Change data capture (CDC), online index rebuilds, Central management server, Transparent Data Encryption (TDE), User-Defined server roles.
- Experience in EPIC Clarity ETL and Database installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and performance optimization (Console, Compass, Hyperspace, SQL Server databases) for multiple non-production & production environments
- Strong in monitoring and optimizing the performance of Applications, databases, Stored Procedures, Queries and Indexes using Extended Events, SQL Profiler, server side trace, Activity Monitor, Dynamic Management Views and Functions, Execution Plans, Performance Monitor, DBCC commands, Database Engine Tuning Advisor and other third party tools like Red Gate SQL Monitor, idera SQL Diagnostic Manager, Quest Spotlight.
- Worked on SQL Server tools Like Enterprise Manager and SQL Query Analyzer.
- Administered DB2 subsystems in Prod, QA/Test and Development regions.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Active Directory and Local Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) security delegation and managed user security with group policies.
- Strong in PowerShell scripting and automating day to day maintenance tasks using PowerShell scripts, converting existing TSQL batch scripts to PowerShell scripts and improving SQL Server maintenance jobs performance.
- Worked in integrating TFS with Visual Studio VSTS 2013 & 2015.
- Experience in data modeling for OLTP and date warehouse using MS Visio and Erwin.
- Experience in BI Development and Deployment of SSIS packages and loading data in to SQL Server from MS-Access, Excel, Oracle, and Teradata.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Extensive experience in end-to-end life cycle of SSRS using Scale-Out, Scale-Up and Local topologies.
- Experience in designing and deployment of Reports for the End-User requests using Web Interface and SSRS (Ad-hoc Reporting).
- Experience in programming tasks like developing Stored Procedures, Functions, and Triggers, ad-hoc queries for reports, TSQL batches, PL/SQL packages and procedures, PowerShell scripts.
- Experienced in SDLC life cycle for Design, Development and Staging phases of the projects with support of Data-Flow, Process Models and E-R Diagrams.
- Good working knowledge in .Net Framework 2.0/3.0/3.5/4.0, VB.Net, C#, ASP.Net, ADO.Net, XML and Web Services.
- 24 X 7 Production Database on Call Support
Databases: SQL SERVER 2017/2016/2014/2012/2008R2/2008/2005/2000, SybaseASE 12.X, 15.X & 16.X, MS-Access, DB2, Oracle Database 10g, 11g and 12c, MongoDb, MySQL, Cassandra, PostGreSQLOperating SystemWindows Server 2003 / Server 2008 / Server 2008R2/ Server 2012 / 2012R2,2016, Unix and Linux.
Programming Languages: TSQL, PL/SQL, PowerShell, C, C#, VBScript, HTML, XML.
Web Technologies and Network Topologies: Asp.Net, HTML, DHTML, XML, IIS 6.0/7.0/8.0/8.5, Java Script, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, FTP, SNMP, SMTP
Security Tools: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA), NGSSquirrel for SQL Server, Scuba by imperva.
Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Navigator, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, BIDS, Sybase Data Tools, SQL Profiler, SQL Networking, Activity Monitor, DTA, PerformancePoint, PLSQL Developer, OracleSQL Developer, DB2,Cassandra, Toad, Excel Macro 2007/2010, Erwin r7.1/7.2, ER Studio V8.0.1, MS Visio, PerfMon, Quest LiteSpeed, Azure, Azure Cosmos DB, Amazon RDS, Redshift, Google cloud, Active Directory, Spotlight for SQL Server, red-gate SQLmonitor, TFS, Power Builder 12.6, EPIC Clarity ETL, Elite Time, idera SQL Diagnostic Manager, SCOM Monitoring, Site Recovery Manager (SRM), Qlikview, Tableau, Microstrategy, Visual Studio 2015, GIT.
Confidential, Canton, OH
Commander DBA / SQL DBA
- Application support MS SQL DBA involved in managing database servers, applications servers and terminals related to Pheonix Commander Application.
- Involved is setting up maintenance jobs related to SQL server health checks and Application health checks.
- Experienced in setting up HSM encryption.
- Involved in building a new two node active-active windows cluster from end-to-end in Production and Pre-Production environment.
- Performed Side-by-side migration of SQL 2008R2 to SQL 2014 in Cluster environment.
- Configured SSIS 2014 and moved the packages and tested them.
- Created new application dependent SSIS\DTSX packages.
- Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, SSIS packages, triggers, cursors, tables, and views and other SQL joins for building various applications.
- Created stored procedures to be used as datasets for the Report Design
- Created SSIS Reusable Packages to extract data from Multi formatted Flat files, Excel, XML files into UL Database and DB2 Billing Systems.
- Created Parameterized reports, Cross-Tab reports, Drill down reports & Summary reports by Using SSRS.
- Provided 2nd level support on-call duty in non-business hours and during weekends.
- Documentation upgrades.
Environment: Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012/2008 R2, BI Data Tools (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), SCOM, Pheonix Commander, HSM, SharePoint 2013
Confidential, Beaverton, OR
IT Operations Lead/ SQL DBA
- SQL Server DBA Production Support
- Configured and monitored MongoDB instances and replica sets.
- Installed and configured Mongo Compass and Mongo OPS Manager for monitoring Mongo servers in firm.
- Involved in configuring, integrating, and maintaining all Development, QA, Staging and Production PostgreSQL databases within the organization.
- Responsible for all backup, recovery, and upgrading of all of the PostgreSQL databases.
- Implementing and Maintaining Log Shipping, Database Clustering, Mirroring, Always On HADR.
- Involved in design, development, testing, performance tuning, deployment, and support inData warehousesystems.
- Participated in the setup and deployment ofHadoopcluster
- Worked on moving data between HADOOP and SQL Server using SQOOP.
- Moved and optimized data into Snowflake.
- Performed warehouse tasks on Snowflake web Interface.
- Worked to improve the efficiency of data warehouse application through the use ofindexes, compression, materialized viewsand other techniques.
- Involved in the meetings with Line of Business for requirements gathering and modified procedures according to the business requirements.
- Created and used Materialized views and DB links for remote instances to retrieve data from other databases.
- Modified views, procedures and data objects to support data migration from new application.
- Involved in preparing technical documentation for development of code and process flow.
- Developed various sub functions like Stored Procedures, Functions, and Packages using PL/SQLas per the Design Documents.
- Have developed TSQL code to setup Multi server Agent jobs to monitor CPU Utilization, Long running Jobs, Failed Jobs, Long running SQL Processes, Number of suspended sessions, Number of active sessions, Blocked sessions, availability group status check, replication monitoring, windows pending reboot, windows SQL Patch check and some other best parameters.
- Extracting, Transferring and Loading the data for the Warehouse.
- Experience in identifying performance issues, debugging and performance tuning usingSQLTrace.
- Involved inDBAactivities like granting, revoking privileges.
- Created and Modified existing functions and procedures based on business requirements.
- Communicating the client about project related queries.
- Subscribe SQL Server Azure Cloud Services.
- Create Database(s) on SQL AZURE
- Setting up SQL Azure, Google cloud Firewall.
- Setting up Connection Strings and connecting SQL Server AZURE Databases from locally Installed SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS) for Developers
- Worked on Azure Classic to Azure Resource Manager Migration
- Configured Always-on setup between SQL on-premise and Azure VM.
- Created and configured AzureCosmosdb and exposed the service as web api.
- Have worked on SQL 2016 latest features Query store, Stretch Database and In-Memory OLTP with the in-memory columnstore for real-time operational analytics and implemented Row Level security for PII data.
- Have worked on Windows server in-place upgrade from 2008 to 2016.
- SQL Server 2017 on Linux (RHLE 7.3) POC
- Worked on POC to reduce overhead and infrastructure costs by consolidating and deploying 10 legacy applications to Google cloud platform.
- Have hands-on experience in using Avamar Backup client.
- Worked on Installing Vormentic agent on SQL, Oracle, PostGreSQL and MongoDb servers for comprehensive security coverage.
- Assisted with the migration from Sitecore toSitefinityby owning content creation in both systems and verifying both systems are in sync.Also, Updated web content in theSitefinitycontent management system.
- Assisted in several HIPPA and security audits to confirm that the account was aligned with state and federal standards.
- Installed and configured Imperva secure sphere for effectively protecting Databases from attacks, data loss and theft.
Environment: Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2003, SQL Server 2017/2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005, MongoDb 3.0, 3.2 and 3.4, PostgreSQL, Azure, Google Cloud, SQL Query Analyzer, BI Data Tools (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), SCOM, Avamar Backup utility, Vormetric Encryption, Imperva secure sphere
Confidential, Tampa, FL
SQL Designer & Infrastructure Lead
- Defining roles and responsibilities, and providing oversight on the overall programs and projects
- Overseeing the design, development and implementation of new applications like Qlikview, Tableau, Microstrategy and changes to existing hardware systems and software packages of business.
- Conducted presentations to the executive team in order to attain budget and purchasingapproval for the technological strategy efforts.
- We provide 24/7 System support to PwC, PwC Data Centers meet Service Level Agreement (SLA) Obligations.
- Architected numerous databases to handle thousands of transactions per minute without any latency
- Transiting various Applications and Tasks to Offshore Locations
- Participated in various deployments in Production.
- Heavily involved in migrating all in houseSQLserver instances & databases toSQLAzurecloud platforms.
- Deploying applications &SQLdatabases on Windows/SQLAzureand run windows applications from anywhere.
- Primary lead role (solution architect) on solution based entirely onAmazonWeb Services. Planning and selection of appropriate technologies, including database implementations on MS SQL(RDS).Designing and developing new back-end services, maintaining and expanding ourAmazonWeb Services infrastructure, and providing mentorship to others on my team.
- Worked on preparation, plan, design, implement Database migration from on-prem toAWScloud and virtualization environment for about 60 servers.
- Designed and implemented data storage solutions and have experience with database creation, integration, and management on AWS RedShift.
- Developed various SQL scripts for the user management layer i.e. Integrate the user account creation/revocation with IDMS to create user local user inRedshiftand various RDS DB engines.
- Responsible for Installation, Configuration and Administration of MS SQL Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2014 and 2016 on windows 2008/2012 Servers.
- Responsible for Installation and configuration ofSSRS, SSIS 2012/2014/2016
- UsedSSISto createETLpackages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse and data marts
- Created Dashboards for data warehouse project and for SQL servers monitoring in SSRS.
- Created and deployed builds to different environments based on requests. Trained developers to get familiar on TFS 2012 Work Items, Queue New Builds, and Work Spaces with Visual Studio VSTS 2012.
- Configured SSRS & SSIS for SQL Server 2008,2012 R2.
- Worked on Integration of TFS, Share point with SSRS & SSIS Custom Reporting.
- Migrated servers by using different methods likeVirtual Migration, BMR migration and Physical Migration.
- ImplementedTransactional Replicationfor New Production Environments
- Creating and Troubleshooting SSIS Packages in SQL Server 2012/2014.
- Worked on upgrading DTS to SSIS
- Experience in understanding IIS configuration
- Implemented and provided the design plans for the new SQL Server 2014 concepts like New In-Memory OLTP Engine, Enhancements to Backups and Buffer pool extension.
- Implemented the new SQL Server 2008 concepts like Policy Based Management, Central management servers (CMS), Transparent Data Encryption (TDE), Table and Page level compression and Resource Governor
- Responsible for Installation of SSL certificates
- Designed and executed SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2014 upgrade plan
- Successfully upgraded the databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2014.
- Implemented SQL Server high availability solutions includingclustering, Always-on replication, log shipping and Symmetric Remote Data Facility (SRDF).
- Worked inActive/Passive and Active/Active clusterenvironment.
- Responsible for installations, upgrades, patches and fixes.
- ExportandImportof data from text files and Excel to SQL Server database usingBulk Copy InsertandBCP utility
- Setup profiler traces for slow running queries and used query execution plan to optimize the performance and improve I/O utilization.
- Participated in project team activities prior to release and contributed to documentation requirements consistent with methodology.
- Monitored the size of the transaction log. Managed databases on multiple disks using disk mirroring andRAIDtechnology.
- Created VB Scripts as part of Automation of Auditing Production Servers after Maintenance.
- Managed the products and development databases including performance tuning, capacity planning, SQL Server clustering, database security configuration, and database continuity.
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the Data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data
- Development of automated daily, weekly and monthly system maintenance tasks such as database backup, replication verification, database integrity verification and indexing updates.
- Written complex SQL statements using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries.
- Worked on Stored Procedures and Database Triggers. Worked on large number of business analytical functions.
- Performed the physical database analysis and feasibility requirements. This involves the performance, security, archival, maintenance, and recovery requirements
- Tuning Queries and Database performance using tools Database Tuning Advisor and SQL Profiler
- Monitored performance and current space utilization reports to management along with recommendations for any corrective action.
- Experience in working with VERITAS NetBackup
- Experience in creating and troubleshooting Service Broker issues
- Experience in raising Change Controls and using HP tool for user request maintenance
Environment: Windows Server 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2003, SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005, SQL Query Analyzer, BI Data Tools (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), SCOM, Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.5/8/8.5, SharePoint 2013, VSTS 2012, Qlikview, Tableau, Microstrategy, VB Scripts, SSL, Veritas netbackup.
Senior Database Administrator
- Developed PowerShell and T-SQL scripts for pre installation, post installation, pre migration and post migration checks for Data Center migration.
- Installed and configured IIS, SQL Server 2012 on clustered (active-active environment) and non-clustered environments.
- Implemented and tested all the Microsoft recommended best practices and configurations during pre and post migration steps at instance and database level before going to production.
- Migrating databases from SQL Server 2005/2008 to SQL Server 2012/2014 as part of Data Center migration.
- Migrated the Data from an External Sybase SQL to an MS SQL Database by using SSMA.
- Developed scripts to script out existing replication topology in old data center.
- Implemented and monitored transactional replication for DR and reporting purposes.
- Setup and configured AlwaysOn Availability Groups for DR and Reporting.
- Migrated all MDX (Central management server) servers from 2008 R2 to 2012 and resoled issues during migration.
- Implemented User-Defined server roles in SQL Server 2012, default schemas for groups.
- Worked extensively in Query analyzer and profiler for tuning queries using variable for characteristics and query costs.
- Implemented Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) to protect sensitive data and backups.
- Performed data analysis for designing, developing data marts, cubes for BI Reports and analytical purposes.
- Created and designed data models using Erwin data modeling tool.
- Developed normalizedLogicalandPhysicaldatabase models to design OLTP system for insurance applications
- Developed PowerShell scripts in place of TSQL batch script for daily maintenance activities to improve performance and scheduled scripts in central management server.
- Responsible for the Design and development in PL/SQL and stored procedure.
- Used Quest LiteSpeed for backups and restore of very large databases.
- Developed database administration reports for disk utilization, backup check, daily Replication status check, Job status and other daily monitoring tasks.
- Created maintenance plans for database consistency and integrity checks, resolved issues related to database consistency and integrity.
- Deployed reports in native mode and SharePoint portal and scheduled reports to run on daily basis to send e-mails.
- Migrated 2008 SSIS packages to SQL 2012 project deployment model and configured SSIS Catalog, environments.
- Experience with SCOM to monitor and manage critical database servers from a centralized location.
- Worked extensively on data refreshes from production to test environments, automated the whole data refresh process at database level using PowerShell scripts, stored procedures, Backups and SQL Agent jobs without having any performance impact on Production server.
- Used SQL Profiler, Server side trace to identify performance issues on the server.
- Improved query performance by analyzing the stats, Query Execution Plans, system performance by system Performance Analysis, and used SQL Profiler for optimizing stored procedures.
- Maintained and Supported the Epic CDW.
- Monitored production servers using Spotlight and resolved database tickets that are assigned.
- Resolved issues related to blocking, deadlocks, connectivity issues, replication issues.
- Performingrootcauseanalysis on the production issues.
- Designed database standards as per HIPAA and PHI specifics.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Senior SQL Server DBA
- Worked extensively on Data Warehouse setup on SQL Server 2012.
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2012, involved in data warehouse designusing Kimball’s methodology.
- Developed SSIS packages to load data from different source systems in to data warehouse.
- Implemented Change data capture (CDC) to enable auditing of table changes and for incremental load to data warehouse (Slowly changing dimensions) using SSIS.
- Worked with business users, application developers for consolidation effort of several instances to VM Ware, resolved issues during consolidation.
- Worked in migration of Non - Clustered instances from physical environment to VM Ware environment.
- Worked extensively on two node cluster setup on Windows Server 2008R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2 as Active/Active Failover Cluster.
- Analyzed database growths for Capacity Planning, Normalized the data for efficient performance and also Partitioned data into multiple Files and File groups.
- Upgraded and migrated several instances from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 r2 and SharePoint instance from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012.
- Implemented SQL Server 2012 new features like AlwaysOn Availability Groups for high availability of multiple databases in place of database mirroring.
- Created complex DTS Packages for Data Migration and Transformation. Experience in data migration from Oracle/Access/Excel Sheets to SQL Server 2005/2000/7.0
- Experience in setting up BizTalk Server installation and configuration.
- Implemented contained databases and partially contained databases to reduce dependencies of application databases on instance and to ease portability of databases between different environments.
- Configured SQL Server 2008 R2 new feature Central management server to consolidate common jobs, remove duplicate jobs, to have multi-server jobs and maintenance plans.
- Worked on Setting up SQL Azure Firewall and Setting up Connection Strings and connecting SQL Server AZURE Databases from locally Installed SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) for Developers.
- Used SCOM to monitor the health and performance of the critical database servers with help of various alerts and historic information stored on SCOM database.
- Configured master server to have a centralized maintenance for jobs and maintenance plans and to troubleshoot and run all the dependent jobs across the production servers.
- Performed online index rebuilds for critical tables and helped in reducing locks, improving query performance and made tables available during index rebuild operations.
- Worked on Elite Enterprise application, table structure, and provided support to related financial applications and interfaces.
- Worked on billing experience utilizing Elite Enterprise.
- Used SQL Server error logs and event viewer to troubleshoot issues, Windows performance monitor to find resource usage, profiler and server side trace for tuning SQL queries, stored procedures.
- Performed Data Analysis for automating various Customers Insurance Reports utilizing SQL Analysis Services.
- Worked with developers to tune the SQL queries and improve the Performance.
- Configured security and access as per SOX standards.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Senior SQL Server DBA
- Worked extensively on installation, upgrade and configuration of MS SQL Server 2008/2005 and 32/64 bit SQL Server Cluster for SQL 2008 and SQL 2005.
- Migrated from SQL Server 2000/2005 to SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Implemented high availability solutions for mission critical SQL Server databases with clustering and Mirroring.
- Implemented and monitored the replication between two sites, support and maintenance of MS SQL Server Transactional Replication.
- Worked in 24X7 production support with a rotation basis.
- Proactively monitored, determined and solved issues at sql/database/server levels with the help of SCOM server and its agents
- Analyzed business requirements and build logical and Physical data models that describe all the data and relationships between the data.
- Responsible for Physical Storage Structures and Index Design and Tuning.
- Restored and recovered databases to point in time for testing, pre-prod and production environments.
- Rewrote and tuned long-running SQL queries to cut execution time, ease database load and improve scalability.
- Used SQL Profiler to find badly performing queries and deadlocks.
- Used 3rd party tools like idera SQL Diagnostic Manager in taking the backups to optimize performance and restoring.
- Evaluated the peak and no peak usage pattern of the application; effectively distributed database administration activities, such as full database backup and database defragmentation during no peak hours.
- Used SQL Profiler, Windows Performance Monitor and DB Artisan for troubleshooting, monitoring, optimization of SQL Server.
- Monitored database status including CPU, Memory, I/O, Space and dead lock using SQL Server Utilities.
- Developed SSIS packages to export data from OLTP database to OLAP database.
- Involved in loading the Warehouse databases and performing maintenance tasks on these databases.
- Involved in ProLaw updates including design of SQL triggers, and correcting database errors.
- Experience in setting up BizTalk Server installation and configuration.
- Configured and worked on SSRS in SharePoint integration and native mode.
- Configured security and access as per SOX and PCI standards.
Confidential, Paramus, NJ
SQL Server DBA/Developer
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2008 and maintained 50 servers.
- Upgraded and migrated the servers from SQL Server 2000to SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Migrated SQL Server 2000 DTS Packages to SQL Server 2005 SSIS packages and resolved issues during migration.
- Migrated Stored Procedures from 2000 to SQL Server 2005 to refer to Dynamic Management Views.
- Implemented Replication and Log Shipping to overcome Disaster Recovery plan.
- Suggested Disk Capacity, Processors and Memory based on the Capacity planning.
- Analyzed database growths for Capacity Planning, Normalized the data for efficient performance and also Partitioned data into multiple Files and File groups.
- Used SQL Profiler to monitor the server performance, debug T-SQL and slow running queries.
- Monitored the application & database performance using SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor.
- Used Index tuning wizard to get a better idea of implementing indexes on the existing databases and rebuilding only necessary indexes for faster query response.
- Extensively used Database Tuning Advisor to improve the performance of Query.
- Implemented backup and retention strategies based on business policies.
- Performed Backup/Restore by using VERITAS Net Backup.
- Implemented and maintained SQL Server Agent Jobs, Monitor SQL Server Agent Job history.
- Improved performance of slow running queries using Profiler and Statistics Io by using different Methods in terms of evaluating joins, indexes, updating Statistics and code modifications.
- Created SSIS Packages to (ETL) Extract, Transform and Load the data into Reporting instance to generate the reports easily and quickly.
Environment: SQL server 2005/2000, MS Reporting Server 2005, Windows 2000/2003 Server, SSIS, Visual Studio, IIS 5.0, VERITAS NetBackup and VB.Net.
- Planned and Successfully Installed SQL Server 2005, 2008 on the Production and Development Servers.
- Developing the successful Backup strategies based on Recovery models.
- Day-to-day activities like taking backup (or schedule the backups daily for databaseand transaction log) on disk and restore the databases and transaction log on production/development servers as per requirement.
- Involved in creating Logins, Tables, Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes, Views, Functions and Stored Procedures.
- Involved in DTS/SSIS Package, DTS Import/Export for transferring data.
- Involved in implementation of replications like Transactional.
- Implementing Database maintenance plan for Database consistence & Integrity
- Export or Import data from other data sources like flat files using Import/Export through DTS, SSIS.
- Ensured proper backup and recovery by maintaining DB2 image copies and recovery JCLs
- Efficiently carried out DBA responsibilities in planning DB2 version migration activities, in migration phases and in performing post migration tasks.
- Monitoring SQL server performance using profiler to find the performance and dead locks.
- Creating the Jobs using maintenance Plans for Full, Differential and transactional log backups.
- Maintaining and Monitoring Production, Pre-Production and Development database server environment.
- Having good knowledge on creation and scheduling of T-SQL jobs to run daily.