- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) with 11 years of extensive experience
- All round experience analyzing, planning, developing, implementing, testing, maintaining and administrating
- Extensive experience in installation, support, development, backup, recovery, daily auditing and performance tuning
- Experience in transportable table spaces, data pump, flashback table, table space management, materialized views
- Managed 100 to 150 databases (including production & non - production environments) from 100GB to 10TB
- Experience in Oracle Exadata machine
- Having knowledge on AWS concepts and experience on RDS oracle databases.
- Experience in Oracle Golden Gate 11g/ 12c
- Knowledge on Database Vault.
- Experience in heterogeneous replication between Oracle & Microsoft SQL Server
- Upgraded 10g ASM to 11g ASM Grid Infrastructure
- Install, configure and test 11g ASM Grid Infrastructure
- Experience in Database migrations including to ASM
- Excellent Administration skills in handling Real Application Clusters (RAC) databases
- Experienced with Oracle 10g/11g/12c RAC
- Installed and Configured 2 nodes RAC
- Converted single instance Databases to RAC
- Added nodes to existing cluster configuration
- Configured Services for Load balancing using TAF (TRANSPARENT APPLICATION FAILOVER) policy parameter
- Worked on multiple platforms including UNIX SUN Solaris, Red Hat Linux and Windows.
- Basic knowledge on AWS Cloud.
Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, Unix, Windows, AIX.
Databases: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, 10g11g/12c RAC, Oracle Golden Gate 11g/12c, Oracle Exadata Quarter Rack, SQL Server, Oracle Cloud Service
Tools & Utilities: RMAN, OEM, SQL Loader, OEM Grid Control, SQL Plus, DBCA, Import/Export, Data Pump, Toad for Oracle, Sybase ASE 15,12.5, Cygwin, DBAAS
Programming Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, VB Scripting, C++, VC++
Office Tools: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Other Tools: VMware, Symantec Scheduler, Remote Desktop, Lotus Notes, Back office automation Tools
Senior Database Administrator
- Knowledge on DataStax Ops center for Cassandra.
- Database creation for 11gr2 RAC upon on business request.
- Analyze session related views and identify blocking sessions / resource hungry queries and resolve them.
- Find out instance level issues and locking from grid/cloud control.
- Working with users to solve the slowness queries.
- Extensive knowledge on Dataguard both Standby and Logical.
- Experienced on Golden gate.
- Installing 10g/11g RAC Oracle databases using response file on Linux/Solaris servers.
- Upgraded the RAC databases 10g /11g and 12c.
- Experienced in applying PSU7 patches on rolling fashion on 3 node RAC 11gr2.
- Experience in Data guard implementation (Physical standby database) with ASM storage on 3node RAC.
- Handling database Jira tickets daily on priority bases.
- Knowledge on AWS concepts and experience on RDS.
- Experienced in Data migration from On-Premise Oracle database to AWS EC2 instance by using Golden Gate real time replication.
Environment: Oracle 11g/12c OEM, TOAD, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX (Solaris, HP), Linux 3.x/4.x,Veritas VCS clusters. UNIX Shell Script, Windows NT/2000/2003, Oracle 11g/12c RAC, Data Gaurd, RMAN, Autosys, ServiceNow, GoldenGate 11g/12c
Senior Oracle Database Administrator and
- Golden Gate up gradation on test, dev, staging and Production
- Extensive knowledge on troubleshooting Golden Gate issues
- Worked on Critical issues on Golden Gate and Bug fixes
- Experienced in applying latest Golden Gate patches
- Implemented Golden Gate 12.2 new features
- Experienced on heterogeneous replication from Oracle to SQL Server
- Extensive knowledge on Oracle database Performance Tuning
- Installing 11g/12c RAC Oracle databases using response file on Linux/Solaris servers
- Experienced in RAC troubleshooting issues
- Analyze AWR/ADDM reports based on the issues. Using tuning advisors as required. If required force the execution plan to use required execution paths
- Resolving the SQL performance issues using the tools such as SQLT, AWR, SPM
- Analyzing the plan changes for the problematic SQL’s and fixing it by using SQL baselines, SQL profiles, hints, parallel degree and other resolvable factors
- Provide and implement performance tuning recommendations of all components in Exadata database machine.
- Work with developers in tuning SQL and suggesting changes, leveraged Real Time SQL Monitoring, SQLT extract, and trace analyzer tools to analyze poorly performing SQL
- Working with oracle vendor for following up with Performance service requests and other issues
- Configured Data guard on 3 node RAC for critical production databases
- On support for ExaData databases
- Upgraded classic extract to integrated extracts for all the environments in Golden Gate
- Experienced Golden Gate on Exadata Machine with DBFS mount points
- Configured XAG Agent on Golden Gate for High Availability
- Configured JAgent on Golden Gate for monitoring and deployed GG plug-in through OEM
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g RAC10g/11g/12c,Exadata X4-2, Exadata X6-2, SQL, MSQL 2008R2, Linux, UNIX Shell Script, Incident Management, Change Management
Oracle Database Administrator
- Installed Golden gate replication for source and target databases
- Extensive knowledge on Performance Tuning
- Experienced on Golden gate
- Installing 10g/11g/12c RAC Oracle databases using response file on Linux/Solaris servers
- Experienced in applying PSU7 patches on rolling fashion on 3 Node RAC 11gr2
- On support for Exadata databases.
- Deep understanding about Exadata specified features such as Smart Scan, HCC Hybrid Columnar Compression, Flash cache, etc.
- Analyze and determine the feasibility of leverage the Oracle Enterprise Manager solution to report on performance, provide metrics, and become the centralized proactive maintenance solution for Exadata distributions.
- Applied Patch set for Golden gate from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
- Experienced on Golden gate up gradation from 11g to 12c.
- Experienced on both bi directional replication in Oracle Golden Gate
- Having knowledge on Oracle Exadata storage sever
- Having knowledge on Oracle Exadata OEDA (Oracle Exadata Deployment Assistant)
- Monitoring Exadata storage server through CELLCLI and DCLI
- Monitoring Griddisks from CELLCLI
- Creating Griddisks on all Exadata cells with the DCLI
- Implemented TDE(Transparent Data Encryption) in Golden Gate for one of our customer to secure the data which is
- Mnaging team of DBA’s (infra structure) on site and off site spread across the Confidential . DBA categorized administration.
- Application, Operation, Production, Change Management, On-call support and performance optimization.
- Implemented the automation scripts for the disk and mount alerts for the server’s to ignore the alerts.
- Team Monitoring and One on One with individual team members.
- Database migration From Windows to Linux Using RMAN.
- Configured RMAN jobs through OEM and as well command prompt.
- Responsible for the each and every individual tasks and updates from the team.
- Applied CPU patches on various production databases.
- Day to day resolving the incident tickets.
- Managed archived redo files, DB-links & Partitions, loading data for users by using SQL*Loader.
- Implementing and handling issues with Backup and Recovery strategies for Oracle databases
- (Logical Export & Import, Physical Online and Offline & RMAN) & disaster recovery procedures.
- Analyze, tuning and optimizing the database by using performance monitor. Assist the SQL
Confidential, Reston, VA
Oracle and Sybase Primary Production DBA
- Worked as Oracle and Sybase DBA across all Confidential databases approximately 1100 Oracle and 400 Sybase databases.
- Worked with application team on database requirements and designed the database as per the application.
- Performed all phases of administration support like user administration
- Upgraded 10g to 11g on many production and acceptance databases and applied CPU patches.
- Setup Data guard Configuration using Physical Standby Configuration.
- Setup active standby using 11g.
- Installed and Configured RAC on Oracle 10g/11g on Linux and Solaris.
- Extensively worked performance tuning.
- Used Data Pump Export/Import and RMAN for Backup and recovery.
- Used RMAN tool for Backup/Recovery of Databases.
- Improved the performance of the existing system by re-sizing the Database objects such as Tables, Indexes and rollback segments to make the performance at optimal levels.
- Tuning memory areas with Emphasis on Tuning Rollback segments, Buffer cache, library cache, Dictionary cache and shared pool to obtain optimal System performance.
- Capacity planning - Based on volumetric from a data model, calculate size of tables and associated indexes, accounting for fragmentation and growth.
- Applied Security Patches (CPU) to Databases.
- Wrote Unix Shell Scripts to monitor system status.
- Deciding on Logical Structures such as Table spaces, Number and Size of Rollback Segments
- Tuning the SQL, stored procedures and instances using AWR reports.
- Database Backup Strategy Design and Implementation.
- Backup and Recovery of databases including use of export/import.
- Monitor and set up replication between production and contingency database
- User and security maintenance creating users, dropping users, alter users etc
- Perform backup and recovery of user databases.
- Trouble shooting performance issues.
- Performed backups and restorations and re-syncing data.
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g/9i OEM, TOAD, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX (Solaris, HP), Linux 3.x/4.x,Veritas VCS clusters. UNIX Shell Script, Windows NT/2000/2003.
- Assisted in Database Installations (all versions up-to 10g and 11g).
- Work with software developers to develop and enhance applications.
- Maintain the Oracle 10g RAC environment and troubleshoot performance problems.
- Conducted optimization and performance tuning of database, SGA.
- Managed archived redo files, DB-links & Partitions, loading data for users by using SQL*Loader.
- Effective troubleshooting of Performance and tuning problems in Oracle databases by taking 10046 and 10053-errorstack traces.
- Handling issues related to Database Upgrade/Migrate and Patching.
- Handling RAC, DATAGUARD, and ASM issues.
- Installed Oracle 10G RAC on Linux platform using ASM & OCFS2.
- Implementing and handling issues with Backup and Recovery strategies for Oracle databases (Logical Export & Import, physical Online and Offline & RMAN) & disaster recovery procedures.
- Monitoring the database growth, checking for the performance bottlenecks and taking backups for disaster recovery.
- Finding fragmented objects & reorganizing them.
- Gathering optimizer statistics using dbms stats procedure.
- Creating & rebuilding the indexes.
- Support developers in tuning Database and applications for optimal performance.
- Upgrade, analyze and testing of the test and production database.
- Analyzing STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM and TKPROF and 10046 traces for diagnosing the root cause of the issues.
- Creating and maintaining table spaces, tables, indexes, users, roles, privileges and security.
- Tuned the multiple databases for Performance. Involved in security audit of databases and servers.
- Wrote packages, functions and procedure for reporting.
- Experience in installation and configuration of Oracle 10g RAC software.
- Used table partitioning to store year to date transactions in the database.
- Requirement capture, analysis of requirements, design solution based on clients needs.
- Exposure to full life cycle of product development starting from requirement analysis to deployment and maintenance.
- Used PLSQL Records, Collections (Nested Tables and Arrays) in complex backend packages.
- Wrote SQL*Loader script file for reading data from text file and loading into oracle table.
- Involved in the management of customer logged issues by providing priority based timely resolution.
- Assisted in design of tables, databases, forms and reports.
- Coded, tested debugged, documented, and maintained programs.
- Documentation of user manual and other generic documentation required for the module.
Environment: Oracle 9i, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, Linux, UNIX, Toad.