- 5 years of IT experience with database administration in all phases of software development lifecycle, i.e. development, analysis, design, testing and implementation for various kinds of applications.
- Worked as aDB2UDB V8.x, 9.7, 10.5 Database Administrator on UNIX, LINUX, z - Linux, Windows and AIX platforms with expertise in OLTP and multi-user systems, involving large and distributed databases.
- Leaded the DBA team of 4 in enterprise level project implementations.
- Extensive experience with DB2 high availability and disaster recovery methodologies
- Successfully remediated the databases and user ID’s for audit to give users bare minimum privileges on the Database and Database objects in current project.
- Skilled in database administration tasks, including SQL coding, relational design, referential integrity, index strategies, and SQL troubleshooting, usingDB2UDB.
- Experience in migrating backup storage vendor to EMC Networker across all DB2 databases.
- Experience in troubleshooting and restoring the services during system down P0 scenarios.
- Extensive experience working on release weekends and applying the changes to Production databases
- Experience in working with BSA/developers and testers, gathering the business requirement and building ideal database for the application depending on the environment.
- Extensive experience supporting the security tools like Guardium.
- Experienced in handlingDB2UDB security, establishing SQL Replication between nodes, Capacity Planning, Backup and Restore, Shipping archival logs, Corruption and Recovery, managing login/permissions.
- Experience in troubleshooting database performance issues, SQL tuning and query advice.
- Extensive experience in shell scripting, automation and building and scheduling DB maintenance jobs.
- Highly committed to deliver the project within agreed SLA along with providing the customer with no or minimum outage.
- Extensive knowledge in understanding IT management protocols like change, incident, catalog task and work requests.
- Supported IBM packaged application like Commercial Line Transform, Rational team console in current project.
- Experience in opening several PMR with IBM support team and seeking best solution for
- Provided 24*7 on call support for DB2 databases on weekly rotational basis.
- Received multiple BRAVO awards for best performance and for guiding the management and App teams in correct direction.
WORK EXPERIENCEDB2Database Administration
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Performed DB2 Database Administration on z-Linux, and AIX systems, including audit configuration, SQL Tuning, resource monitoring and performing security architecture review.
- Implemented a full-fledged development, QA, test and productionDB2UDB databases for Commercial Line Transform, Agent Gateway, PEGA, RTC and various other applications.
- Constantly migrated instances, databases to current level ofDB2versions/fix packs to incorporate the new functionalities. Migrated from V9.5 to V10.5 Fix pack 7.
- Worked very closely with Guardium security team and we are the one of the very 1st IBM clients to implement DB2-EXIT across all DB2 instances.
- Leaded the Nationwide’s Audit remediation project for DB2.
- Actively involved in DB2-replatforming project at Nationwide and guided the customers in migrating the databases out DB2.
- Worked SQL tuning for query performance and optimized the SQL query’s for pre-packaged application like Rational Team Console.
- Worked on end to end migration backup storage vendor from Net backup to EMC Networker.
- Actively involved in working on Application release and Infrastructure release weekends and assisting the App teams to make Production changes
- Successfully performed DR tests for multiple HADR cluster databases twice in a year.
- Responsible for updating DB2 id passwords every 180 days without affecting any batch jobs or other database monitoring applications.
- Highly experienced in building HADR and setting up TSA using db2haicu tool for required databases.
- Experience in performing database utilities like RUNSTATS, REORG and using data movement utilities like db2move, db2 load, export and import.
- Built new DB2 instances and databases for Application teams bases on their requirement.
- Built new shell scripts to automate the process of stopping/starting, failover/failback of DB2 databases and instances across the environment from a single point jump server.
- Worked on service management tools like ServiceNow, ITTL understood the business requirement and always committed to deliver the task within agreed SLA.
- Experience in scheduling the servers for quarterly z-Linux patching and coordinating with Linux teams and App teams in taking out an outage and applying the patch.
- Extensive experience in resolving the critical issues involved with NON-RECOVERABLE LOADS and HADR.
- Worked with z-VM build teams and assisted them in performing the upgrade on LPAR level every 6 months.
- Conducted various DR activities for critical applications and made sure that services can be restored with zero data loss and minimum business impact.
- Experience in building and troubleshooting SQL replication for Gold App applications.
- Actively troubleshooted many database performance issues, worked with app teams and infrastructure teams in allocating the required resources to the App and DB.
- Experience in working with ID admin to create LDAP users to access the database in the environment.
Environment: DB2 V10.5 FP 7, V9.7, HADR with TSA, SQL replication, Solar Winds DPA Linux, z-Linux, AIX, Guardium, EMC Networker, NetBackup, Solar Winds, ServiceNow, Sal point, SPOT, ITTL.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZDB2 UDB databases
- Primarily involved in providing production support of DB2 UDB databases on AIX and Linux servers
- Created and maintained instances and databases in development, test and production environments and provided support to System Administration (SA)
- Implemented automated backups, Space monitoring, moving db2diag.logs, monitoring size of table spaces by setting up a threshold
- Migrating databases db2 v8.2 to db2 V9.5 versions on AIX servers
- Database backup & recovery experience with offline, online full & incremental backups and restores & roll-forward including redirected restores
- Performing database security audit reviews by using db2cops and db2shc tools and removing all the violations
- Monitored Data propagators capture and apply jobs
- Involved in building databases on fail over servers using redirected restore
- Database design, implementation, maintenance, tuning and security for all DHS state wide NON-DPF and DPF databases
- Involved in Importing and Exporting data and database structure using db2look and db2move utilities
- Cataloging databases on client systems for accessing remote server databases
- Monitored database performance and work with senior peers to determine corrective actions.
- Granted various authorizations to different users and groups
- Configuring and Monitoring the HADR setup on the database servers
- Maintained data using IBM DB2 utilities like Runstats, Reorgchk and Reorg.
- Involved in Performance tuning & Query optimization
- Performed high-speed bulk data loads using DB2 load utility
- Interacted with the customers and gathered the requirements and analyzed the data for the application
- Provided 24x7 On Call Production Support on weekly rotational basis.
Environment:DB2 EE/EEE V 9.5, 8.x, 7.x, Web sphere, Solaris, AIX 5.3, Informatica Power Center, SAN, Clustered Environment, Information Integrator V8, Quest Central and HADR
- Installed third party software
- Responsible for identifying potential bottlenecks and correct database problems
- Performance and tuning of DB2 systems and SQL
- Worked on export, import, load and db2look utilities
- Performed Reorg, Run stats when necessary to eliminate defragmentation
- Monitoring and solving temp space issues
- Setup the disaster recovery for DB2
- Worked on DB2 Data Warehouse
- Provide troubleshooting and problem solving on critical issues Worked on end-to-end storage stack, including host servers and the software defined storage product
- Experience in-depth analysis of storage product field issues having data unavailability and/or data loss
ENVIRONMENT: DB2 UDB EE/EEE 8.2 Fixpak 4(V8.1 Fixpak 11), AIX 4.3, Solaris, Windows Clustered Server 5.0, Dprop, TSM, RHEL 5.