- Over 9+ years of professional experience as an Oracle Database Administrator having hands on experience in database administration production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, patches, performance tuning, backup and recovery, database security, cloning, migration, shell scripting and documentation, setting up and configuring Data - guard, replications using golden gate in high-availability environments.
- Providing DBA support to multiple Cluster, Non-cluster and ASM Database in production, development and Testing Servers on UNIX, Linux and Solaris Environments.
- Handful of experience in Oracle Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) in various environment ranging from 9i/10g/11g/12c.
- Excellent experience in Installation, administration and troubleshooting of Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i for OLTP (multiple instances)/ OLAP environment on Very Large or Highly Transactional Databases.
- Having Hands on experience working in both Application and Production support environment.
- Expertise in setup, installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of several Oracle tools and utilities like Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer in various versions.
- Having good experience in configuring OEM 12C cloud control and monitoring databases using OEM 10g/11g/12c.
- Configuration and Management of Data Guard 10g/11g on RHEL, OEL and Sun-Solaris for Disaster Recovery.
- Expertise in setup/implementation/maintenance of Real-Application-Cluster (RAC) of 2/3 Node RAC on 10g/11g/12c.
- Installed and maintained Oracle 12c/11g/10g RAC with ASM & OCFS2 File systems.
- Experience of Oracle Golden Gate installation, configuration and troubleshooting Golden Gate Extract and Replicate issues.
- Performed Upgradation of databases from lower version (9i/10g) to higher version (11g).
- Implemented RMAN Backup and Recovery, Incomplete Recovery and disaster recovery using Data Guard.
- Have good experience in migrating data from Solaris, HP-Unix to Linux.
- Worked on disaster recovery, Database backup concepts and options such as user-managed backup, RMAN-managed backup with or without catalog, operating system backup, cold and hot backup, full backup, incremental, cumulative backup and implementing backup and recovery strategies.
- System administration, Oracle Problem analysis & resolution and active cloning of databases between servers.
- Testing and implementing different physical (hot/cold), logical backup and recovery methods including point in time, media recovery, full/partial, and data pump export/import.
- Knowledge of various storage solutions (SAN, NAS).
- Database refresh from production to QA, development and testing environments.
- Detecting and diagnosing production system performance problem by analyzing STATSPACK reports, Oracle trace and log files, AWR, ADDM, analyzing SQL statements, measuring system and database activity, Querying Oracle dynamic performance views.
- Developed both database and OS-level security policies for data protection and having good experience in Working with Oracle security, Transparent Data Encryption, Oracle Wallet Management and Oracle Identity management.
- Experience in SQL Tuning, SQL Optimization, cost based optimization and Hints.
- Set and tune System Parameters for MongoDB.
- Optimizing MongoDB CRUD Operations.
- Add / remove replica and shard nodes in MongoDB Cluster as needed.
- Setting up MongoDB Profiling to get slow queries.
- Proficient in raising TAR with Oracle Support and using Meta-link to resolve the bottlenecks in the database environments.
- Extensively used BMC Remedy, Pac 2000 ticketing systems.
- Worked proactively and gave 24/7 on-call production support and Weekend support for maintenance and server level patching.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux RHEL 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, HP-UX 10.x, 11.xSun Solaris 9.0/10.0, AIX 5.1, 5.2
Data Bases: Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i, Oracle 12c, 11g/10g Real Application Cluster (RAC)ASM, MySQL, SQL SERVER 2008/2012, Mongo DB
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting
Tools/: UtilitiesRAC, OEM Grid Control, SQL* Loader, ASM, SQL Server, Export/ImportRMAN, NETCA, DBCA, TOAD, Exadata, Patch Management, SQLNETODBC, Export/Import, Data pump, Data-Guard, Erwin, OEL, Log-minerMS Visio, VERITAS Net Backup, BMC remedy, Pac 2000, VMware, Crontab
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, ADDM, AWR
Terminal Emulation: Putty, Telnet, FTP, TOAD
- Installed, configured and maintained Oracle 11GR2/12C Real Application Cluster (RAC) databases including a 3 Node RAC.
- Involved in Availability testing of several Production databases before going Live which involved Node level failover testing, Listener/Scan level failover testing and database failover testing.
- Performed health checks of Real Application Cluster instances using Crsctl and Srvctl utility and troubleshooting RAC using clusterware logs
- Converted single Instance Databases to RAC databases Manually and expertise in troubleshooting RAC issues, very strong in using ocrconfig to backup OCR and Voting files
- Performed SAN migration with minimal down time, creating disk groups with different redundancy levels, creating ACFS on ASM using asmca.
- Monitoring and managing of Oracle instances using Enterprise Manager Grid Control (OEM grid) 11g /12c.
- Implemented Disaster recovery for production databases using Data guard and creating physical standby databases, and involved in converting physical to snapshot standby, and also Active Data-guard.
- Converted physical standby to Snapshot standby and back to physical standby as per business requirement
- Setup physical standby's (Dataguard) for several Databases and configured Data Guard broker between the primary and standby databases,
- Perform Switchover/Failover and monitor the Data guard status via command line
- Proficiency with Installation and maintenance of replication tool Goldengate by creating extract process, extract pump, and replicate.
- Upgrading GoldenGate from v11 to 12c and Expertise on Oracle Golden Gate and be able to configure Golden Gate
- Used Logdump utility, Defgen utility in GoldenGate environment and Installed Goldengate in dev, test, prod environment
- Configured Database File System (DBFS) on EXADATA.
- Migrated NON-ASM databases to ASM on EXADATA.
- Involved in moving databases in EXADATA RAC environment.
- Worked on databases on EXADATA various compression methodologies including OLTP compression, HCC, EXADATA Query specific.
- Involved in configuring Exadata X2-2, X2-8 and have a good knowledge on smart flash cache, storage index, storage management and migration. Troubleshooting Exadata smartscan/offloading issues
- Setup dev, test, UAT and Prod environments on RHEL/HP Unix database machines.
- Resolved ODI related issues faced by the team members.
- Provided significant enhancements and bug fixes to OIM 11g environment
- Provided in depth training on Oracle Identity Manager 11g deployment, configuration, and custom connector development
- Provided ongoing support and enhancements to existing OIM 11g environment
- Assisted in deployment of software environments, integration connectors, and customizations
- Problem diagnosis and Performance tuning by implementing Partitioning, Parallelism and Compression.
- Setting up Hugepages - Calculated the recommended values and setup hugepages on Linux severs.
- Performed Database and SQL tuning by using various Tools like AWR reports, SQL Tuning Advisor, ADDM, Real Time ADDM, Database Replay and EXPLAIN PLAN analysis for query optimization.
- Installed 12c pluggable databases and upgraded from 11g to 12c and managed fusion middle ware products
- Performed stopping and starting web logic server when ever required and Worked with Fusion middleware team in tuning oracle database parameters, tested and deployed in production
- Provided backup/Restore; Recover of the databases using RMAN and FLASHBACK database procedures.
- Upgrade the binaries by applying patch set and interim patches using OPatch and OPatch Auto.
- Creation of new PL/SQL procedures and triggers based on the project requirement and UNIX shell scripting as and when required based on the requirement.
- Implemented backup strategies using hot/cold, Expdp/Impdp used on the business requirement.
- Backup and recovery procedures using RMAN. Created scripts for RMAN incremental backups and also for full database backups using Data pump.
- Successfully migrated databases from Unix running oracle11g over to Linuxboxes12c.
- UNIX shell scripting as and when required based on the requirement.
- Unix Shell scripting in csh, ksh for automating startup/shutdown, backup and recovery, Import and export procedure of databases, getting system alerts.
- Worked on Performance Tuning guidelines SQL and JDBC performance tuning, application tuning methodologies, determining instance and I/O efficiency, and using tools like TKPROF.
- Providing technical support to Application Support team for performance and database related issues.
- Downsizing and defragmenting the Very Large Databases by export / import, cloning those using RMAN duplicate features and then upgrading them to Oracle 12c and Production to development refresh.
- Resolved TAR issues 24x7 while assisting the functional team and oracle support (Metal ink).
- 24x7 Production database administrations, support and monitoring to ensure a proactive problem recognition and resolution of database issues.
Environment: Red Hat Linux5.x, Aix 6.1, Oracle 12C, 11gr2 Enterprise Manager GRID, RMAN, SAN/NAS, ASM, RAC, Golden Gate, Exadata, Streams, Opatch CDC, Data Guard, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, ASM, ToadV11.x & SQL, Navigator V6.1.
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
Senior Oracle DBA.
- Installation and use of High Availability and Disaster Recovery components; Oracle GRID Infrastructure / Clusterware, Oracle 12c two node RAC for the database tier.
- Planning and implementing Disaster Recovery & High availability solutions using Oracle 11g /12c standby database using Data guard.
- Configured Data Guard Broker and used for switchover and stopping and Starting Media recovery process.
- Created ASM volumes using asmca and Created ACFS for GoldenGate v12.
- Installed GoldenGate on 12c RAC ACFS Configured Integrated Extract and Replicat on Multitenant database 188.8.131.52.
- Performed Cross platform migration and used Oracle GoldenGate to migrate database from IBM-AIX 6.1 to OEL 6.1.
- Configured Extract and Replicate pumps for GoldenGate replication 11g/12c and Troubleshooting issues in GoldenGate Environment.
- Used Logdump Utility to Investigate data on the trail and defgen to create definition files used for replication.
- Performed Zero-Down Time migration from Hp-Unix to Oracle Enterprise Linux using Expdp and GoldenGate.
- Ongoing proactive database-level performance tuning, with a good working knowledge of Oracle internals.
- Used OEM 11g/12c and Administering Oracle Database 10g, 11g and 12c databases and masking sensitive data in production databases.
- Experience in creating physical and logical database design Data Models using Erwin Tool.
- Generation of DDL scripts using Erwin Tools.
- Patching & upgrades on Oracle 12c database (whilst minimizing or eliminating the impact to live services, i.e. using rolling node patching).
- Upgraded databases from 184.108.40.206 to 12c in QA and Prod environments.
- Working with logical backup using Data pump and Exports/Imports utility.
- Performed database refresh using Data pump utility.
- Database Load and Transformation Techniques (SQL Loader).
- Created scripts and scheduled backups in Autosys for RMAN database backups and recoveries and Cloned databases using RMAN utility.
- Installation and use of Oracle ASM (as well as traditional file system storage).
- Monitored DR (Data Guard) implementations regarding connectivity issues and "log shipping" to failover site.
- Creation of Users and granting them the required Roles and Privileges accordingly.
- Responsible for all database activities such as User management, space management, database security management, rollback segments & creation of DB links between oracle servers.
- Installed and configured Oracle 12c WebLogic server and Oracle 12c HTTP servers for the application tier and web tier.
Environment: Oracle 12c, RHEL 5/6, OEM, RMAN, Grid, Dataguard, ACFS, RAC, ASM, GoldenGate, TOAD,SQL*LOADER, Performance Tuning, Data pumps, Exports/Imports.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior Oracle DBA
- Worked on 2-node to 5-node RAC databases from 50GB-20TB on both HP-UX and Linux.
- Worked on Database creation from scratch with UNIX Team.
- Installed/Patched and maintained Oracle database
- Configuring, maintaining Dataguard setup.
- Upgrading the database to version 11g from 10g and 9i on RHEL 5.8.
- Restoring the databases.
- Migrating the databases from Solaris to Linux using data pump option.
- Installed and configured all systems with 11G Oracle Grid control monitoring
- Transport transactional data between servers by creating database links and exporting source to target database 11g.
- Backed up and Recovered of the Oracle Database and Archive logs using RMAN; configure and restart backups or restored if needed.
- Taking hot and cold backups of the database using RMAN.
- Handling refresh from production to Test environments.
- Implemented data guard to provide high availability of database for many applications.
- Supported databases for 24/7 production support.
Environment: SUN Solaris, AIX, RHEL, Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c, RAC, Standby, RMAN, ASM,OLTP,Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), TOAD, Putty.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
Senior Oracle DBA
- Worked on maintenance of Oracle 10g/11g RAC databases on Linux and Configured 2 Node RAC on Grid Infrastructure.
- Administered and monitored over 120 databases both on 10g/11g on prod/test/dev environments.
- Administering Oracle Databases 10g/11g of sizes ranging from 100GB to 10TB.
- Migrated databases from File-system to Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Involved in migrating applications from Solaris 10g/11g to Linux 220.127.116.11 using Transportable Tablespace, RMAN Convert.
- Up-gradation of single instance databases from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 on Linux.
- Responsible for using Flashback query mechanism along with automatic undo management.
- Experience in Creating Physical and logical database design Data Models using ER Studio.
- Installed 12C grid control and Used Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid control 11g/12c for monitoring databases.
- Involved in Mass Agent Deployment using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Implemented Data Guard with maximum availability and performance configurations for production databases.
- Worked on Active data guard, Fail over and Switch over cases.
- Hands on Experience in SQL Tuning and SQL Optimization.
- Created Oracle Tables, Table Partitions, Views, and Materialized Views.
- Worked on database security, Transparent Data Encryption, Created tables with Encrypted Columns and Managed Encryption Keys
- Implemented the TDE column encryption to encrypt sensitive data stored in Tables for Security Remediation.
- Configured Oracle Wallet for Encryption functions and involved in setting up Transparent Data Encryption for protecting sensitive data in the database.
- Creation of Users and granting them the required Roles and Privileges accordingly
- Cloned schemas, objects and data on new server using Data pump utility
- Decreased Contention by reducing the Wait Events as a part of Performance Tuning
- Implemented Backup and Recovery Strategies using RMAN and used Recovery advisor to repair data block corruptions & data dictionary corruptions
- Generate and interpret Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), Active Session History (ASH) and Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) reports.
- Responsible for all database activities such as User management, space management, databasesecurity management, rollback segments & creation of DB links between oracle servers
- Ability to work effectively and can liaise as a part of team monitoring proactively
- Involved in 24x7 production database maintenance and on-call support.
Environment: Oracle 10g, 11g, RHEL 5/6, SOLARIS, IBM AIX, OEM, RMAN, Grid, RAC, ASM, Data-guard, Golden Gate, TOAD, TDE, SQL*LOADER, Performance Tuning, AWR, ADDM, ASH, Data pumps, Exports/Imports.
Confidential, Eau Claire, WI
Senior Oracle DBA
- Involved with installation and maintenance of Oracle 3 node RAC for high availability.
- Involved in change control process and Upgraded the Oracle 10g database to 11g version and also appliedpatch set and interim patches whenever required to make the database software up to date.
- Worked extensively onmonitoring 10g/11g Grid Control and Configuration of error notifications, installinglisteners, and adding them to the grid control.
- Involved in Migrating applications fromsingle instance databases to Exadata.
- Maintained 10g/11g RAC environment and troubleshooting issues.
- Responsible for implementing Load Balancing in RAC Database.
- Performed health checks in RAC instances using Crsctl and Srvctl utility.
- Having good experience in Migrating Single Instance database to RAC Environment.
- Performed Capacity Planning, Undo segments and Health check reviews in RAC.
- Monitoring Day-to-Day Backups, Log’s & recovering them as per the requirement.
- Scheduling the databases backup using Crontab and VERITAS net backup.
- Involvement in space management, rectification of lock problems, managed quotas.
- Performed Migration of databases 10g on Hp - Unix to Oracle 11gR2 on Linux.
- Involved in configuration of parameter files for extract process in primary and replica process in standbyusing Golden Gate.
- Installed Golden Gate for replication of database on 11gR2 RAC environment.
- Experience in Creating Physical Design Data Models using Erwin Tool.
- Generation of DDL scripts using Erwin Tools.
- Created, monitoring database objects like Indexes, Views, Users, and DB Links.
- Wrote scripts for database maintenance activities such as monitoring the growth rate of table spaces andextents. Also wrote UNIX scripts to process batch jobs.
- Monitored queries with high response time and high disk read per execution (Top SQLs) and tuning thesame using Explain Plan, TKPROF and SQL tuning advisor.
- Extensively used features such as Data Pump, Flash Back Recovery, ASM, AWR, ADDM for Generatingreports.
- Created Partition’s estimated stats on one partition1 and copied the stats to remaining partitions usingdbms stats.
- Worked with DW team on problem resolution and implemented change requests. - Performance tuningn DW such as Data extraction from production to Data warehouse.
- Install, maintain and monitor Web Logic server as part of OEM Grid Control setup.
- Involved in 24x7 production database maintenance and on-call support.
- Conducted time-to-time analysis and monitoring of the software and hardware requirements and actaccordingly.
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g, RAC on Sun Solaris, Linux, RMAN, Data Guard, Golden-Gate, Toad, Exadata, OEM, ASM
Confidential, Pheonix, AZ
- Worked under Sr. DBA to perform Oracle software installations.
- Served as key person in charge of ensuring full functionality of all Oracle databases and EBS instances.
- Installed patches, performed database version upgrades with the Sr.DBA support.
- Creating user accounts and appropriate privileges as well as maintaining Database security.
- Enabled the Database in Archive Log Mode / No archive log mode.
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, to support activities of application developers
- Created Database storage structures Data Tablespace, Index Tablespace.
- Upgrade, patching Oracle databases.
- Worked on LDAP servers to reduce security issues and data Inconsistencies.
- Experience in performing system backups and restoration using PL/SQL scripting.
- Involved in doing Hot, Cold backup with and without RMAN.
- Backups using export and import of schemas.
- Used Stats pack for troubleshooting SQL query performance issues.
- Creation of development and test databases using export/import of full database.
- Managing user, resources and privileges.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, TOAD, OEM, Linux, RMAN, Data Guard, ASM.