- Seventeen years of professional experience, specializing in Operating Systems & Relational Database Administration, Team Leadership skills and experience, AIX certified, and Linux savvy.
Operating Systems: AIX 6.1 & V7.1, RedHat Enterprise Linux, HP/UX Windows 7, 10
Languages: SQL/DSQL, korn, C & bash shell scripting, Perl V5.10
Databases: DB2 LUW V10.5, V11.1 & SQL Server 2016 & SS Management Studio
Other Software: Erwin ERD, Oracle Applications & RMAN V11, Quest Toad, ODBC/JDBC, PeopleSoft 8.4.6, Tivoli Storage, EMC SRDF, Vmware, Websphere Application Server, LDAP, IBM Data Studio and Optim Performance Manager. Pure App and Pure Scale. MongoDB.
SENIOR DB2 DBA
- Install and implement DB2 LUW on AIX, Linux and Windows platforms
- Setup archive logging and implement online backup & pruning tasks using shell scripts and automated task scheduler.
- Understanding of sql queries for better performance, review code and make suggestions to developers for improved performance of queries.
- Manage all db and table space activity including OS level responsibilities such as Volume Groups, logical volumes, file systems and mount points
- Design and build databases instances on IBM pSeries servers or VM’s
- Responsible for database security at the instance, database and OS levels.
- Work with software engineers and application teams to satisfy application requirements
- Setup and maintain federated servers and databases including federation between DB2 V10.5 and SQL Server 2014.
- Setup and configure TSM or NETBACKUP as required.
- Install DB2 fix packs and preform DB2 upgrade, perform migrations
- Install Sql Server service packs and cumulative updates, perform migrations
- Monitor DB2 security and health using db2 scripts, Data Studio
- Available for 24/7 response and on - call duties, nights and weekends
- Recently installed and implemented Optim Performance Manager
- Recently Installed and implemented MongoDB
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Oracle/DB2 DBA Team Lead
- Managing from 15 to 25 Oracle & DB2 Database Administrators
- Conducting team meetings & provide guidance for newer resources.
- Teach and mentor entry or mid-level dba resources.
- Manage DBA resources - time sheets, time off, vacations, liaison for concerns from both Bank and Confidential management, Local, remote and off-shore DBA’s.
- Install and implement DB2 LUW V9.7 on Mid-Range platforms - AIX, Solaris, Linux and Windows
- Design for performance and tune existing databases for better performance using database configuration parameters and table cardinality.
- Understanding of the Optimizer, Data access paths, visual explain and indexes
- Understanding of SQL queries unions and joins, alter SQL queries for better performance, review UOW and make suggestions to developers for improved performance
- Understand buffer pools and table space types, SMS, DMS and Automatic Storage
- Design and build DB2 servers on IBM P Series servers and virtual machines
- Work with other teams, system engineers and application teams to satisfy application requirements
- Setup and configure DB2 for HADR
- Setup DB2 and work with SA for Red Hat Cluster fail over system
- Design, configure and implement DB2 DPF with 220TB total storage in production/contingency environments Catalog node plus 4 physical data nodes with 16 logical nodes on each.
- Support automated tasks and related Perl and Shell scripts via crontab entries
- Manage active & archive logging, table spaces and database performance
- Install and configure Quest Fog Light monitoring
- Write and maintain Perl and shell scripts for pruning old logs or message files.
- Provide client software installation with DB entries using DB2 Connect and RTC
- Build single and multiple partition databases
- Support performance, permissions, databases and table spaces
- Implement SAN replication using EMC SRDF solution
Confidential, Atlanta, Ga
Senior DB2 Consultant
- Plan and implement major upgrades for PeopleSoft and DB2
- Work with system administrators and PeopleSoft administrators to plan, test and document upgrade procedures to PeopleTools Ver. 8.9.4 and DB2 Ver. 9.1 & 9.5 and AIX Ver 6.1
- Redesign physical layout of file systems, volume groups and physical disks to incorporate performance techniques
- Personally reduced units taking several hours down to just 15 minutes
- Responsible for 18 - 20 database servers, mostly p-series servers, running AIX 5.3.3 and DB2
- Maintained all crontab entries and shell scripts used for online and offline backups, runstats, reorgs as well as other automated tasks
- Taught junior level DBA’s these techniques and provided purpose and reasoning
DB2 DBA / Developer
- Responsible for the design and general database administration of five DB2 UDB ESE V.8.1 environments running under Linux on IBM Blade center servers
- Responsible for data loads from 23 countries
- Create and maintain complex sql queries, triggers and stored procedures
- Use Data Stage to produce ETL processes for all data loads, manage load calendar and write procedural documents that contain verification and back out instructions
- Automate loads through shell scripting and execute via crontab
- Retrieve data in various formats from 23 different IBM locations around the globe and load to warehouse maintained by our team
- Performance tuning of data warehouse loads and reports
- Working closely with developers and system administrators to resolve performance bottlenecks