- Self - starting, goal-oriented IT professional, proficient in all facets of project life cycles.
- Extensive experience in Architecture. Analysis, design, development and implementation of Oracle suite of operational, data warehouse and Batch/ETL technology solutions.
- Skilled at managing, organizing complex projects, defining project priorities, delegating tasks and mentoring engineers.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, inter-personal and communication skills.
- Motivated leader with proven track record appreciated by clients and colleagues.
- Oracle Exadata/12c/11g/10g/9i/8/7
- MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000
- Active-Active/High Availability Architecture
- Oracle GoldenGate
- SAP Hana
- Data Warehousing
- Business Intelligence
- Data Modelling
- Stored Procedures
- SQL Developer
- MS Visio
- Performance Tuning
- SQL Loader
- Business Objects
- Big Data
Confidential, Boston, MA
- As a product owner, responsible for gathering requirements, POC, data mapping, design, develop and coordinate QA, UAT testing and implementation of a high priority compliance project with strict deadlines.
Environment: SQL Server 2014, MYSQL, Oracle 11g, Talend
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
Lead BI/DW Engineer
- Work with Architecture Review Board to define technology roadmap, strategic solutions, process improvement & implementing new business functionality.
- Defined the migration strategy for moving the legacy DW to in-memory cloud platform of SAP Hana. Hands-on techno manager, supported production operations on all levels.
- Manage, delegate, oversee, and review work of other BI Engineers.
- Used Agile development methodology to deliver projects in 2 week sprints.
- Technical specs, Source to target data mapping, data analysis, OLAP design & modelling.
- Support/resolve data issues and reporting on Cognos and Tableau reporting platforms.
- Consolidate multiple data sources and ETL loads to load data into the warehouse using sqlloader, PL/SQL, SQL, Perl and UNIX scripts. Maintain and improvise 500+ daily ETL jobs.
- Provide technical/functional support. Performance tuning of slow running queries.
- Design new framework for ETL, data cleansing, data quality and data integrity.
Confidential, Woonsocket, RI
Lead IS Architect
- Architect solutions for batches and database components for a highly visible and complex pharmacy system using multiple technologies.
- Manage, lead and delegate work to Project managers, team leads and development managers both onshore and offshore. Own & deliver projects from start to finish. Conduct regular status/review meetings. Mentor, conduct code reviews, evaluate work of team members.
- Architected batch /Database components for Active-Active architecture (Assured DR/High Availability), data/file replication, latency, Control-M, Batch refactoring, remediation, load distribution.
- Define technology roadmap for database and ETL. Project Owner for the batch track, responsible for all batch and data related deliverables.
- Initiate root cause analysis and provide architectural solutions of complex problems related to ETL/Data.
- Lead batch & data Architects for designing solutions for Informatica/Java batches and for performance solutions of database changes across multiple projects.
- Responsible for database design and modelling of both the OLTP and OLAP database systems.
- Ensure a scalable, Available, Reliable and high performance architecture for database and batch systems.
- Prepared reports and presentations to enable decision-making within the senior management and extended group of stakeholders.
- Work across multiple groups in a highly matrixed environment to promote architectural solutions.
- Defined processes across technology functions for improving efficiency, reusability and maintenance.
- Design complex batch/DB solutions spanning four VLDB databases with a total size of 50 Terabytes.
Environment: Oracle 11g/12c, GoldenGate, Informatica 9.1/9.5, SQL Server, ERWIN, PL-SQL, ETL, SFTP, Control-M
Confidential, Boston, MA
Tech Lead Database
- As a tech lead, work with senior management and business partners on multiple technology initiatives, gather requirements, provide estimates and deliver the projects related to the warehouse, ETL and database.
- Evaluate and convert System Design Specs to Technical Design Specs.
- Design/develop the data load process from other business units through Informatica. Experienced in ETL, data loads, conversion and migration using SQL Loader, Informatica.
- Extensive experience in PL/SQL, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Packages.
- Estimated, planned, and managed the migration project for multiple applications from Oracle 10g to Exadata. Worked on multiple OLAP as well as OLTP databases.
- Hands on development on Oracle, Informatica and Linux, supporting multiple high visibility projects.
Environment: Exadata, Oracle 11g, Informatica, SQL, PL-SQL, ETL, SFTP, SQL Loader, Shell Scripting, Perl, LINUX
Confidential, Boston, MA
Data Warehouse Consultant
- Performance tuning, coding of complex SQL, ETL code and UNIX shell scripts in a multi-terabyte VLDB.
- Created and maintained code in a complex database with numerous schemas, partitioned tables, materialized views and Unix shell scripts.
- Toiled with developers, analysts and system support personnel in elevating and automating successful code to production.
Environment: Oracle 10g, SQL, PL-SQL, ETL, SQL Loader, Shell Scripting, UNIX, LINUX
Confidential, Boston, MA
Principal Software Engineer
- Architected the complete database schema (Oracle 10g). Created Conceptual and Physical data models (CDM & PDM) and generated scripts for creating the database using PowerDesigner 12.x
- Performance tuned database objects and queries. Lead and executed the data modelling process.
- Analysed requirements and authored Technical Specifications for the database objects.
- Managed production support involving 6 mission critical web applications/17 developers on a 24/7 basis. Restructured and improved the support model.
- Improved performance of Reporting Applications using Crystal Reports, Oracle Reports with better design, new reports as well as new report formats.
- ‘On the Spot’ Award for excellence in transition of the production support from one department to another involving multiple applications.
- Perform SQL profiling, code reviews, documentation, design, and implementation of methodologies to ensure high quality software.
Environment: Oracle 10g/9i, Informatica, SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, PowerDesigner, ETL, Perl, Linux, Shell Scripts
Confidential, Mansfield, MA
Lead Database consultant/DBA
- Architected the Oracle database, schemas, tablespaces, users, Stored Procedures, Packages, and Triggers.
- Converted a SQL Server 2000 database to Oracle 9i within record time and accuracy involving 500 + T-SQL objects resulting in significant time and cost savings.
- SSIS & DTS packages for ETL. Tuned SQL queries. Optimized application queries and database objects.
Environment: Oracle 9i, SQL Server 2000/2005, Toad, PL/SQL, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, DTS, VB, COM, Shell Scripts, LINUX
Confidential, Waltham, MA
Senior Software Consultant
- Analysed/designed multiple ETL/EDI systems, documented functional and technical specifications. Engineered the load of ETL/EDI data files into the databases.
- Designed, developed, tuned, maintained more than 26 different customers’ data load processes.
- Perl, SQL loader, Oracle triggers/procedures, PL/SQL, ETL, EDI, ER Models done on Designer 2000.
- Optimization and Performance tuning on all database objects and application queries.
Environment: Oracle 8i, Sybase 11, SQL Server 2000/7.x, Designer 2000,PL/SQL, T-SQL, Perl, SQL Loader, FTP, ETL