- Teradata Certified Master with around 12.6 years of experience exclusively in Teradata. Good working experience with Teradata admin tools like Teradata Viewpoint(portlets like Alert setup,Workload Designer,QueryMonitor,Node Resoucres, Stats Manager etc.),DataMovers,NETBACKUP,DATA DOMAIN,TERA GUI,TSET,Teradata Administrator.
- Experience of working across many clients and countries including India, Singapore, Thailand, UK, US on various projects.
- Involve in Teradata end to end DBA activities: Database Administration, Tuning, System maintenance, objects, space & privileges maintenance, crash dumps analysis, TSET,complete dual active environment handling experiences, Viewpoint, Datamover. System Health Reporting using DBQL Data, PDCR,Console utilities Checktable, Packdisk, Scandisk, rcvmanager, qrysession, DBScontrol,blc,update space etc
- Complete TASM expertise in analyzing teh existing workloads using Teradata workload analyzer, designing, adjusting & monitoring teh workloads using Workload Designer and Workload Monitor port lets
- Good expertise in BAR activities and strategies using Netbackup, TARA GUI, Data Domain
- Experience in Performance optimization and tuning techniques.
- Beta testing and system upgrade
- Work in big insights, big sql
- Backups & Restores for Live & development servers.
- Actively involved in all software and hardware Teradata Upgrades.
- Performance tuning & improvements.
- Performing teh data warehousing space, capacity planning & analyzing teh CPU and IO requirements
- Implement and manage teh workloads using Workload designer.
- Worked and resolved issues related to utilities like MLOAD, FLOAD, BTEQ, FASTEXPORT
- Worked on performance tuning, DBQL, PDCR
- Created database users, application roles, database profiles, solve issues with tables, table partitions, indexes, index partitions, stored procedures, functions etc. through service tickets
- Participate in database provisioning and decommissioning.
- Worked on Teradata Active EDW 6700 and Teradata Appliance 2550
- Monitor batch jobs for critical cycles for daily, monthly, quarterly or year - end cycles. Assist in corrective actions
- Involve in FSLDM logical and physical database design
- Good in code development including stored procedure, Macro, UDF, Recursive queries, Denormalized views.
- Very good understanding of Database Skew, PPI, Join Methods and Join Strategies, Join Indexes including sparse, aggregate and hash.
- Performed application level DBA activities creating tables, indexes, monitored and tuned Teradata BETQ scripts
- Reviewed teh SQL for missing joins & join constraints, data format issues, mis-matched aliases, casting errors.
- Analyzing data and implementing teh multi-value compression for optimal usage of space.
- Work on resolving Teradata issues with teh ETL(Informatica, ODI) and BI tools(Cognos)
- Implemented system alerts from Teradata viewpoint and Unix scripts
- Work with T@YS to followup and provide required information to CSR in case of system events and other Teradata issues.
- Real time performance monitoring using Viewpoint (Alert setup, TASM, query monitor etc.)
- Daily and weekly workload trend reporting using PDCR and DBQL
- Viewpoint configuration and support, Revamped email alerts to only deliver actionable items (space and blocking).
- DBA productivity scripts
- Handled data migration through one box to another through Data Movers
- Performance tuning and databases maintenance.
- Worked on PDCR, DBQL
- Creation and maintenance of teh Teradata Databases, Users, Tables, Views, Macros, Stored Procedures and MLOAD, FLOAD, BTEQ scripts.
- Creation of common re-usable components (utilities) for automating DBA support activities (based on UNIX shells scripts, Macros, Stored Procedures
- Teradata weekly, daily backup using NET BACKUP, TERA GUI
- User Management, Space Management and Database Security (managing access, roles and profiles).
- Involve in conversion, migration and up gradations
- Worked on Teradata system emulation(TSET) tool
- Generating teh monthly health reports to assess current performance management practices and recommend improved processes
- Worked on Operation Goal: minimize full table scans, reduce I/O consumption and maximize all AMP operations
- Result: IO and CPU trending downward after working on statistic collection, PI changes and tuning SQL
- Performance management on teh following Teradata system(s):
- Creation of DDL scripts for tables under teh various subject areas after teh analysis of data coming from various sources. Enabling compression wherever possible and use of teh data warehousing attributes to maintain different type of tables.
- Deciding upon teh space requirements for SIT, UAT and Production databases.
- Done performance tuning by implementing Indexs(PPI, SI), collect stats etc.
- Worked on tools like PMON for monitoring and Priority Scheduler
- Implemented Access logging, Query logging, Query banding
- Manage users, access rights, space requirements
- Performance tuning
- Done Capacity planning
- Manage space issues
Teradata technical lead for production
- Handling teh operations correlated with batches and fixing teh failures by manual intervention.
- Doing automation for reducing teh loading time and increase throughput of teh system.
- Worked on tools like PMON, Database administrator.
- Done system optimization by implementing PPI, join index, query banding, compression, collect stats etc. for teh new Confidential edw prod box.
- In charge and guide for data integrity (ETL team) and report level (Reporting team) issues to team.
- Done performance tuning and optimization at application and system level.
- Worked on user creations, roles, profiles access priviledges, space management
- Helped team in writing complex queries(using analytical functions, recursive queries etc.)
Teradata developer and Application DBA
- Wrote teradata SQL using recursive, stored procedures, triggers.
- Wrote unix scripts with teradata tools and utilities
- Done application space estimations for different testing environments(QA, Unit, SIT, regression testing)
- Deciding physical table structures with proper data types as per Teradata standards
- Work on user access privileges
- Design and Development of Transformation Views using teradata SQL
- Wrote BTEQ, MLOAD, FAST LOAD, FAST EXPORT
- Space estimation
- Resolving ETL database issues
- Design and Development of Transformation Views using teradata SQL
- Conversion of oracle codes into Teradata SQL codes
- Was responsible for solving all teh technical problems related to Teradata and ODI.
- Intensively worked on Teradata SQL part and as well as Utility part of Teradata (Bteq, Multiload and Fastload and FastExport)
- Designing and coding of ETL applications using ODI, Fastload and Multiload according to Data Mapping Document for above mentioned source systems for incremental and as well as migration.