- Experienced Microstrategy developer with architecture, development and administration skill of the microstartegy platform.
- Familiar with diverse industries as finances and insurance,transportation and retail. Consultant with several professional years assisting customers from diverse domains to operationalize business relevant
- Microstrategy reports, dossier, scorecard and dashboards, to aid in their managerial decisions.
- Assisted with the migration of reports from Oracle Discover to Microstrategy .
- Build the new semantic layer with the Oracle developer foundation - to include attribute, facts, and hierarchies needed
- Build grid and dynamic dashboards reports with selectors, layouts, links and thresholds.
- Optimize the reports by re-using objects, employing cache, filters to reduce the data as needed
- Liaise with QA teams to validate the SQL generated in Microstrategy compared to original SQL
- Liaise with Admin teams to migrate objects using object manager and project merge to QA and PROD
- Database environment: Oracle 11G
- Oracle Discover, TOAD, Microstrategy v10.10 & v10.11
- Performed scrum with Jira
- Database and BI tools used:
Confidential - Columbia, SC
- Develop the semantic layer for Microstrategy projects (attributes, facts, hierarchies)
- Serve as a business analyst to understand the reporting needs and objectives
- Create mapping documents to inventory and define schema objects to use
- Create reports moc-ups using excel or powerpoints.
- Create views on the database to integrate multiple table fields requirements as per business requirements
- Develop reports and dynamic dashboards using Visual Insight or Report Services
- Integrate customer functionalities such as selectors, filters, prompts, multiple panels, etc…
- Test the reports in QA for alignment with original requirements
- Test reports and dashboards after releases in production
- Tune MSTR SQL queries to improve performance through database modeling, indexes, summary tables or implementing filters, prompts, cubes.
- Database environment: Teradata v10
- Database and BI Tools: Confidential SimpleDB, Mstr v 9.4, v10.2
Confidential - Fort Mill, SC
- Business analysis of user reporting requirements
- Wrotetechnical documentation, mapping documents and report prototypes for approval by users
- Buildt schema objects such as attributes, facts, hierarchies and transformation
- Developed grid, Dossier, report services dashboards with selectors, multi panels, links,
- Liaised with database teams to insure queries are performing optimally
- Liaised with admin groups to migrate reports to QA and PROD
- Database environment: SQL Server 2012, Netezza
- BI Tools: SAP Business Object, Mstr V9.4
Confidential - Paris, France
- Developed sales and retail store performance related dashboards.
- Gathered reporting requirements from department and regional store managers.
- Created intelligent cube to improve report performance.
- Developed grid, scorecard and dashboard reports for distribution using Microstrategy desktop and web.
- Deploy Microstrategy reports with visually appealing graph/grid reports, prompts, and widgets.
- Database environment: DB2
Confidential - Charlotte, NC
- Supported various client of Confidential with database analysis & documentation
- Confirmed project requirements by studying user requirements; conferring with others on project team.
- Maintained data dictionary by revising and entering definitions.
- Maintained client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintained technical knowledge by attending al workshops; reviewing publications; establishing personal networks; participating in technical societies.
- Ensureed operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Contributed to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Determined changes in physical database by studying project requirements; identifying database characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method.
- Changed database system by coding database descriptions.
- Protected database by developing access system; specifying user level of access.
- Maintained user by writing and rewriting database descriptions.
- Database environment: SQL Server 2012
- Database Tool: TOAD