- Sixteen years DBA experience in Oracle/Teradata/Sybase on Unix and Window platforms in USA 13 years in Oracle, 3 years in Teradata, 3 years in Sybase, and 2 years in SQL Server
- Master Degrees of both MBA and Computer Science
- Oracle certified Database Administrator
- Citizen of the United States
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Worked as a primary DBA to support both transaction and warehouse database on AIX and Linux VM for the healthcare information environment.
- Built the RAC 11g for the data warehouse with the size 6TB
- Upgraded all my supported database to 11gR2
- Migrated all raw device storage into ASM
- Implemented NetApp storage for warehouse and backup/recover DB using SMO
- Configured and setup backup for database using RMAN with Avamar
- Patching when necessary
- Auditing the database per the requirement
- Setup database parameters and worked with application team for performance issue
- Worked with storage/admin team to migrate database between storage cluster
- Implemented physical standby for some database
- Implemented some tool to encrypt the data when refreshing from prod to test/dev database
- Used some features of 11g such as direct NFS to speed up the expdp/impdp
- Monitor the system through OEM/GRID12c and some automation scripts
- Conducted on-call for all production databases company wide
- Worked as a Oracle DBA to support the whole brewery databases using 9i and 10g on Unix platform and some on window servers.
- Upgraded lots of 8i/9i databases to 10g
- CPU patch and DTS patch
- Implemented data model into databases
- Tune the performance at database level and SQL level
- Practice the DR for brewery database
- Use LogMiner for data analysis and auditing
- Use both shell scrip and RMAN for database backup/recovery or move database across server
- Monitor the system and conduct on-call for all databases company wide
- Working as a Sr. consulting DBA to administrate databases and develop codes for applications in Oracle RDBMS in both Window and Linux environment.
- Upgraded data warehouse database from 9i to Oracle10g
- Deployed 10g Grid Control for the whole company's Oracle monitoring and management
- Wrote RMAN scripts and deployed backup/recovery for all Bunge databases on Windows/Linux
- Tune the warehouse database for better load performance in a heterogeneous environment with Oracle and AS400.
- Configured CMAN for DMZ environment
- Supported multiple projects for their database design and implementation using Erwin
- Wrote complex triggers to force the business rule
- Wrote an interface program including procedures, packages, and scripts to extract data from the database, to transform to certain format to be loaded by SAP routines.
Sr. DBA/Data Architect
- Worked as a Sr. DBA to support and maintain the enterprise data warehouse database size up to 16TB in Oracle9i RAC/Veritas Cluster environment for MasterCard International.
- Manage Oracle9i RAC in AIX/Veritas and extensively use partitions and parallel process
- Load and backload data into data warehouse
- Implement physical model into database
- Writing PL/SQL procedure and script for database partition maintenance
- SQL tuning the performance of queries in parallel process
- Use RMAN for database backup/recovery and Patrol for database monitoring
- Work closely with data modeler and developers for application database design in both Star and 3NF model using PowerDesigner
- Worked on a Data Guard physical standby setup
- On-call for production support
Sr. Database Administrator
- Worked as a consulting DBA to support both Oracle size up to 250GB and Teradata size up to 4TB DBMS for the client Anheuser-Busch Corp.
- Managed Oracle Database 8i 9i in HA or FailSafe environment for multiple applications running on both Unix AIX and SUN and Window NT and 2000 platforms.
- Performed both database and application SQL tuning heavily by using statspack report, tracing technology, outlines, etc.
- Worked closely with data architecture and developers for database design and database tuning effort
- Worked on Oracle Parallel Server 8i , Replication snapshot and Oracle Text Context Index to meet various business need for data and performance
- Conducted database backup/recovery and practiced disaster recovery
- Copied or moved database/schema to different location per request
- Installed Oracle software, created new databases and implemented the physical model
- Upgraded Oracle databases from 8i to 9i and applied patches
- Enforced database security according to company's standards
- Accomplished necessary documentation and scripts Perl, Korn shell, C Shell, SQL for automation, monitoring, and maintenance
- Migrated the enterprise Data Warehouse from Oracle 8i OPS to Teradata V2R4
- Involved in upgrading Teradata V2R4 in 12 nodes to V2R5 and V2R5.1 in 16 nodes
- Managed Teradata v2r5.1 on 16 nodes to support the corporate Data Warehouse and Data Marts
- Extensively used Teradata tools such as Teradata Manger, Teradat Administrator WinDDI, , BTEQ, SQL Assistant QueryMan , PSF, PMon, FastLoad/MultiLoad
- Implemented and configured Alert Policy for the automatically system monitoring
- Installed and maintained TM in server side for multiple environment
- Implemented backup/recovery by using NetVault
- Maintained the Teradata database architecture and managed the database/user security
- Supported Call Center, Lawson, Warehouse, etc.
- Provided 24x7 on-call support for both Oracle and Teradata
- Worked as a corporate DBA to support the enterprise database applications with significant experience of both logical and physical model design and utilizing a variety of DBMS including Oracle, Sybase, and SQL Server on both Unix and Window platform for all phases of Dev/Test/QA/Prod with extensive knowledge and use of database design and management tools such as Erwin, Oracle Designer, DBArtisan, SQL Backtrack, Oracle Transparent Gateway, Export/Import, BCP, OEM, SQL Loader, SQL Enterprise Manager, Sybase Central, PL/SQL, Transaction SQL, ODBC/JDBC, Open Client, and BMC Patrol.
- Installed, administrated and tuned more than ten Oracle instances, most of which are 24x7 supported in High Available environment on HP/SUN/NT using EMC storage, Service Guard and VCS high available cluster. The largest single Oracle instance is 500 gigabytes in size with partitioned tables over 100 million rows on SunE4500/Solaris2.8/Oracle817.
- Researched gateway technology from Oracle to determine the most cost-effective implementation for passing data from Oracle to Sybase and manipulating Sybase database remotely from locale Oracle session via database link and built such a heterogeneous environment using Oracle Transparent Gateway 8.1.6 for Sybase for communications between Oracle 8.1.7 and Sybase 11.9.2 on Sun 420R/Solaris 2.8.
- Configured and administrated Oracle database for third party applications such as Siebel's Enterprise Order Management System on Unix, Computer Associate's eTrust Security System on Window 2000 server, Platinum's Meta Date Repository System on NT server, Remedy's Action Request System, and Nesbit's Storage System on Unix by applying multi tier architecture
- Actively participated in the model design of company wide in-house applications of Event, Tradeshow, and Media Storage, converted into the physical design using Erwin and Oracle Designer, modeling tool, and built the databases in Oracle and SQL server
- Set the backup/recovery strategies and implemented BMC SQL Backtrack for twenty Oracle/Sybase databases
- Monitored and tuned Oracle database for optimal performance through scheduled database reports by using UTLBSTAT/UTLESTAT and STATSPACK
- Created and implemented Unix/Window scripts and stored procedure in PL/SQL and Transaction SQL to perform routine maintenance of Oracle and Sybase databases
- Other responsibilities include database version upgrade and platform migration, data loading by using SQL Loader, database connection through ODBC/Oracle listener/Sybase Open Client/OS authentic methods, and production on-call for all enterprise databases of Oracle/Sybase/MS SQL
- Taught computer software/languages courses such as Database Principles, Computer Operating Systems, C, Visual Basic, Fortran, Software Engineering
- Directed senior students on MIS projects and software development
- Participated in several MIS projects