Senior Database Administrator with extensive experience in OLTP, DataMart/ Data Warehouse, Microsoft Business Intelligence Suite, Relational 3NF Database/Star Schema. Conceptual/Physical database design involves data integration and data conversion from multiple sources and platforms.
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Sr. Database Administrator/Data Modeler
- Responsible for Oracle/SQL Server physical database administration in Dev/Test environment, including installation/configuration/patching of database software, database creation/cloning/migration/backup/recovery, data guard, reporting database replication.
- Projects included character set conversion, oracle version migration, partition management, materialized view management, table re-org, data archiving/purging.
- Provided full life cycle support to logical/physical database design, schema management and deployment. Adept at database deployment phase with strict configuration management and controlled coordination with different teams.
- Supported OLTP databases, DataMart/Data Warehouse in voicemail system/ticketing system/expert system/product inventory system, etc.
- Performed data analysis and transformed business requirement into conceptual data model, validated logical data model with subject matter expert and documented data requirement and business rules. Enforced metadata and naming standard within development teams.
- Worked on multiple projects using Agile Methodology, supported scrum master to ensure database lifecycle process was adhered.
- Performed data analysis, data mapping for ETL team, maintained staging data from different source, assisted ETL developers on data cleansing and performance tuning issues.
- Worked with BI architect and developers on converting legacy product inventory and MultiSite Quote Tools into BI suite, with relational 3NF and star schema design.
- Besides SQL server DB admin, also responsible for Microsoft SSIS/SSAS/SSRS installation/configuration/security setup and code deployment to UA test and production platform.
- Developed and implemented stored procedures, triggers, and user defined functions in supporting business needs.
Sr. Oracle database administrator
- Provided database administration to support SBC Internet Services over 20 large scale production databases, including reporting and standby databases. Daily tasks included but not limited to:
- Software installation, configuration/upgrade, software patches
- Database creation/cloning/backup/recovery
- Performance tuning and database health monitoring
- user security management
- Worked closely with application architects and UNIX admins on new system setup, disk allocation and backup/ recovery strategy database performance optimization.
- Served in CRM migration project which migrated multi-terabyte customer care data from Vantive to PeopleSoft CRM. My duties included but not limited to:
- evaluating system and database architecture, designing and reviewing data migration strategy, capacity planning, configuration, building databases
- fine-tuning migration performance to ensure that the migration could be finished within the critical time window
- resolving all database related issues in PeopleSoft code migration
- Worked closely with eCDW team and reporting team on data mapping, provided consultation to different teams on the data usage, implication and utilization.
Sr. Database administrator, Oracle/Microsoft/Informix/Sybase
- Involved in the following projects: ATM Transaction Application, Check Management, Electronic Draft
- Capture, Healthcare Management, Healthcare Data Interchange.
- Responsible for data modeling, physical database design and implementation. Oracle DBMS system installation and configuration on various operating systems.
- Performed daily DBA tasks, such as database backup/recovery, database monitoring, user account
- management, data conversion and data loading.
- Developed DBA tools using Pro C, SQL, PL/SQL and shell script.
- Responsible for database performance tuning and application tuning.
- Decision making in the evaluation and implementation of new Oracle database technology. Coordination With system administrators and application programmers for problem resolution. Developed and ensured the database standards are adhered to.
- Heavily involved in consulting with client organizations on strategies for the implementation of the Oracle DBMS on various company's complex projects and initial new project assessment.
- Worked with client's DBA throughout the implementation of the projects and provided consultation on problem resolution.
- Worked as a team member in development of voice automation systems. My responsibilities included:
- Planed, installed and configured the various database systems on different platforms.
- Physical database design and implementation, daily database activity monitoring, performance tuning, trouble-shooting and backup/recovery.
- Designed and developed various Database runtime interfaces, tools and DBA scripts.
- Consulted with customer on various issues including database design, system performance and application tuning.