- With 8 years of experience in Oracle Database Administration in different versions of Oracle Products inEnterprise(9i, 10g &11g, 12c).
- Proficient in performance tuning in largeOLTP(1.8 TB) and data warehouse environments
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid (10g, 11g) - upgraded 10g (10.2.0.4) to 11g (11.1) (including agents upgrades, etc.)
- Experienced in devising backup and disaster recovery(including RMAN) strategies
- Involved in data access rules and security (role based access)
- Implemented Change Tracking File with RMAN and reduced the backup time significantly
- SQL & DB Tuning,Proficient in Application and Database Performance Tuning (SQL Profiles, AWR,ADDM, Tuning Memory, Tuning I/O, Wait Event, used 10046 trace levels to track SQL statements, analyzed high CPU spikes, etc)
- Implemented and configuredASM, Data Guard, Data Guard Broker
- Built Oracle RAC environment in mission critical largeOLTPsystems
- Involved with Standards, Capacity planning (trend analysis - monthly/quarterly growth)
- Recommendations for Strategy for Patch Implementation (CPU’s & PSU’s) - including patch conflicts
- Trainedfundamentals and advanced replication withGolden Gatesoftware, working with users to resolve replication issues and implemented Oracle Streams for data replication
- Interacted closely with Change Management Team, Configuration Management Team, Development & Testing teams, etc. - Implementation of DB schema changes as per approved Work Request
- Extensively usedOracle Enterprise Manager (OEM),Toad and SQL navigatorfor maintaining and monitoring databases
- Excellent understanding ofOracle Internals, Architecture,Data Dictionary,Data Management,Automatic Storage Management (ASM)and System Management
- Implemented Cross Platform Transportable Tablespaces to move large databases across platforms
- Created, Upgraded & Maintained Oracle databases on different flavors of UNIX & Windows environments
- Experienced in Cloning the database using cold and hot backups
- Worked in Maximum Availability Architecture environment
- Good problem solving,communication, interpersonal and superior team skills.
- Co-ordination with other IT team managers and support teams to ensure the Business Ops are not impacted
- Knowledge of DB2, SQL Server, etc.
- Comfortable with managing large Oracle database
Operating Systems: AIX, Linux, Red HatEnterpriseLinux, HP-UX, SCO, Sun Solaris (5.6/5.7/5.8/5.9 ) and Windows 2000/NT/XP, Mikrotik
RDBMS/Databases: Oracle 12c,11g,10g, 9i, 8i, DB2, SQL Server
Storage Technologies: Oracle ASM,VeritasNetbackup
Virtualization Technologies: VMware, Oracle Virtual Machine
DR Technologies: Oracle Data Guard, Data Guard Broker Oracle Streams,Golden Gate
Backup recovery Tools: RMAN, flash recovery
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UnixShell Programming, Java, VBScript, C, C++, HTML.
Tools: Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM),, Oracle Performance pack,, TOAD,Visual Basic, Office 2000/XP, Oracle 9i Developer suite 9.0.2, Oracle 11,SQL developer,, TIVOLI, Symantec ESM(Enterprise Security Manager), IBM Guardium, Control - M, EMC TimeFinder.
Utilities: SQL Loader, Exp/Imp, Data Pump,Expdp/Impdp, TKPROF,TRCAandStatspack, 10046 Trace, Oradebug
Environment: Oracle 10g,11g,RAC 10g,11g, AIX 5.x,6.x, Linux RHEL 5.x,SQL developer, Symantec Enterprise Security Management (ESM) tool for oracle database,IBM Guardium,Control-M for job automation, ITSM for change management, LDAP server 3.0,Cyber-ark Privileged Identify Management system, Enterprise Change Management System(ECMS), Enterprise Manager 11g Grid control, AIX System Performance Monitoring, VERITAS Net backup, UNIX Shell Scripts, TOAD, TKPROF and SQL*Net
- Provided 24X7 database administration supports for production and QA/UAT/ DEVELOPMENT databases for customer clients.
- Migrated databases 10g databases to 11g from AIX to Linux platform using data pump.
- Assist in the evaluation of Oracle database and OEM technologies within company standards.
- Installed grid 126.96.36.199 infrastructure software, ASM and 188.8.131.52 Oracle RDBMS software on RHEL 5.4 platform.
- Applied various patches to cluster ware as well as Oracle RDBMS software.
- Implement Grid based monitoring solution for large Databases.
- Closely worked with Oracle support in resolving ORA-600, ORA-7445 and ORA-3113 issues.
- Installed and configured OEM agent software.
- Databases build on different platforms.
- Configured ASM and Maintaining ASM Disks, Disk Groups, Instances.
- Upgraded oracle 10g database to 11g database.
- Used CSSCAN utility for character set migration from US7ASCII to UTF8 and closely worked with the dev team to fix the associated data loss issues.
- Maintained both logical and physical standby databases using Data Guard.
- Upgraded the grid/ASM infrastructure from 10.2.0.4 to 184.108.40.206.
- Database Upgradation from 10.2.0.4 to 220.127.116.11
- Installation and configuration of Symantec Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) for oracle databases.
- Created Oracle External Tables (Flat files, CSV files, ASCII files) and handling issues related to External tables.
- Resolved issues related to Materialized view refresh, performance and db-links.
- Wrote scripts to manage db-links(private and public db links creation, password changing and dropping)
- Tuned SQL queries with performance issues using tools like AWR, ADDM, TKPROF and Explain plan for optimum performance.
- Monitor database security violation discovered by security compliance tool (ESM) and remediate issues as needed.
- Implemented LDAP based name resolution method across all data-warehouse servers and managed the TNS entries.
- Troubleshooting, Maintaining, Restoring and Recovering Clusterware components like OCR, VOTING DISK.
- Wrote scripts for Tablespace Point In time Recovery (TSPITR) and carried out TSPITR to prevent blotched update operations.
- Used Transportable Tablespace to move tablespace one database to another.
- Analyzing the growth of tables and undertaking necessary re-organization of the database when required.
- Responsible for providing application development support for Query Optimization, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes etc. for multiple development applications.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Capacity planning, Install, configureOLTP, Data warehouse (DSS) databases( Oracle 9i & 10GR2) Either in shared environment/standalone environment as well as on VMware virtual machines.
- Involved indatabase upgrade from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124for DEV and TEST environments.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining OracleReplicationby usingOracle streamsfor Data replication from production system to Data warehouse on RAC Environment.
- Implemented the database withASMstorage, skilled towards database tuning and hands on experience in database security (auditing), recovery, archival concepts and procedures.
- Configured and ManagedASMdisks and disk groups through Grid Control utility.
- Upgradethe production and development databases from9i to 10g
- Created and maintainedstandby databasesusing databasereplication(Data Guard)for high availability.
- Installed, Configured & Administeredgolden gate.
- Cloned the database using scripts, cold/Hot backups and using RMAN
- Regular monitoring of the databases withOracle Enterprise Manager, Grid Controlfor operational databases with high sensitivity alerts
- PerformingSQL*Loaderjobs for loading data from text files
- Actively worked onperformance tuningofinstance(SGAandPGA) andPhysicaldatabasethat included resolving fragmentation and disk contention. UsePartitioning and indexingfeature of Oracle 10g to improve performance.
- ImplementedOLAPData warehouse.
- Disaster recovery planning; implemented databasebackups and disaster recoverystrategies usingRMANanddata pump export, import.
- Supported very large database with heavyOLTPand batch activities, Writing and testingPL/SQL procedures(stored procedure, triggers, function, cursors and packages) for maintaining tables, retrieving data from tables and managing users. Responsibilities included working with developers to tune the PL/SQL, SQL.
- Designed and Implementeddatabase securityusingOracle roles and privileges.
- Experienced in optimizing SQL andPL/SQL tuningusingCBO,explain plan,TKPROF, STATSPACK, ADDM, and AWR.
- Involved Inquery optimizationand using rule based optimizers and cost based optimizers
- Work with a geographically dispersed team forround-the-clockmonitoring ofproduction systems
Environment: Oracle11g, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Grid control, RHEL, PL/SQL,RMAN,TOAD and SQL *Plus, Golden gate.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Migration of 20TB database from existing 4-node RAC cluster (having 4 node DR) to new 4 node Cluster having its 4 node DR.
- Writing PL/SQL code, having procedures function to migrate WAMU(Washington Mutual ) data into JPMorgan Chase databases .
- Tuning of the queries in PL/SQL procedure to run efficiently
- Migrated datafiles from one server to another using DBMS FILE transfer package.
- Configured Streams on 2 node RAC cluster using Local capture and downstream capture.
- Extensively worked on Streams environments, fixing day to day streams related errors, synchronizing table, restarting capture and apply process, monitoring streams lag and many other streams related activity.
- Configured Table level and Schema level streams replication.
- Worked on Table partitions tasks such as exchange partition, split partition etc.
- Creating local and Global indexes and rebuilding indexes on table partitions .
- Written shell scripts for archivelog destination monitoring, alert log monitoring for specific ORA errors, scheduling jobs using crontabs and DBMS scheduler.
- Upgradation of databases from 9i to 10g.
- Generating AWR reports to deal with performance issue.
- Written scripts to monitor tablespaces, file systems .
- Applied CPU patches and other patches for bug fixing.
- Providing on-call support for database monitoring
- Loading data from flat file to tables using SQL loader.
- Transferring data using DB-Links, SQL Loader, import-export and datapump.
- Creating SR with Oracle Support.
- Scheduling backups using RMAN and creation of catalog databases.
- Installed OS watcher on new servers.
- Installed grid control Agents on new servers.
- Provided 24X7 on call support having pager.
Environment: Oracle 10g,11g, Sun Solaris 5.9/5.10, AIX 5.3, RAC and Dataguard, Streams, OEM (Grid Control), RMAN, AWR, ADDM, ASM, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL *PLUS, WinScp, F-secure.
- Installation, up gradation and Maintenances of Oracle Databases on Linux & Windows platforms.
- Backupof database Logical and Physical (hot and cold) procedures and also usingRMAN.
- Perform database monitoring, capacity planning andperformance tuning.
- Recoveryof database in case of database crash, disk/media failure, etc.
- Provided System support for both development and24/7production environment.
- Prepared plans for up gradation of all critical Production Databases from 9i to 10g on Linux andDATAGUARDimplementation.
- Performed capacity planning and sizing of databases based on input from business.
- Taking care of allalerts for space issuesand user requests.
- Created and Managed the Server Parameter file.
- Managingdatabase security. Creating and assigning appropriate roles and privileges to users depending on the user activity.
- Analyzed the database so as to allowOracle optimizerto choose best plan in executing the queries.
- Configuration oftnsnames.ora, listener.oraand sqlnet.ora files afterupgradingdatabases.
- Performed databasecloningfrom old system to new system.
- UsedEXPORT/IMPORTfor table level and full database de-fragmentation.
- Transported tablespacesbetween production and development databases.
- Running scripts to check the status of databasessuch as growingtable sizes,extent allocation,free space, used space, fragmentationetc.
Environment: Oracle 10g, 9i RAC, Oracle 10ginterMedia, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server/Enterprise 2.1/3.0,AIX,HP-UX,Solaris Windows Server 2000,VERITAS Net backup, UNIX Shell Scripts, TOAD, TKPROF and SQL*Net
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes