- Over 7 Years Of experience in Information Technology working as an Oracle DBA on Linux, Unix and Windows operating system environments.
- Oracle Database (9i, 10g, 11g) Installation/Creation, upgrades, patching, Maintenance, Table space Management and Administration.
- Expert in maintaining very Large Databases involved in Data warehouse and ERP Applications of various sizes - 5TB, 10TB.
- Strong experience in working 24/7 production support environments.
- Designed and implemented centralized backups and recovery strategies using recovery manager (RMAN).
- Experience in logical backup using export/import and DataPump.
- Generating/analyzing performance reports like AWR, ADDM and ASH.
- Experience in providing backend Database support.
- Tune poor SQL using SQL Tuning advisers.
- Using EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL TRACE and TKPROF and giving recommendations to developers.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Maintenance, Administration, Node addition and Troubleshooting Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC).
- RMAN Duplicate command to clone the Oracle Database.
- Experience in implementing Automatic Storage Management for simple storage interface.
- Experience in Patching Oracle Database using "opatch".
- Experience in Cloning of Oracle Databases.
- Expertise on performing cold backups, hot backups, advanced recovery methods like PITR, flash back recovery.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Maintenance, Administration and Troubleshooting Oracle Dataguard.
- Experience in Golden Gate installation and creation.
- Handling Tools such as Toad, SQL Developer, Formatter Plus, OEM and SQL Worksheet.
- Oracle database upgrade from 10g to 11g.
- Experience in Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 11g Installation and configuration.
- Writing backend procedures, functions, Packages and triggers using PL/SQL.
- Expertise in Writing Shell Scripts for managing day-to-day transactions.
- Excellent communication skills, strong analytical & logical abilities, problem solving skills and fast learning.
Database: Oracle (8i, 9i, 10g, 11g), MS SQL 2000/2005.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris, AIX, Windows 2000/2003/2008 , Windows NT, Redhat Linux.
Programming & Scripting Languages: SQL, PL /SQL, Shell/Perl scripting.
Tools: Oracle Grid Control 12c, RMAN, Toad, Quest tools, Sql developer, Statspack Golden Gate, TKPROF, Data-pump, DBCA, DBUA.
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Installation and maintenance of 10g, 11gR2 on AIX, Linux platforms.
- Worked on upgrading the oracle database from 10.2.0.4.0 to 188.8.131.52.0.
- Responsible for installing and configuring Golden Gate on Oracle Servers.
- Replication and Extracting data and applying on production database’s using Golden Gate.
- Experience in setting backup and recovery using RMAN and Flashback Technologies.
- Configured Data Guard (physical standby database) for the production database.
- Configured oracle wallet for RMAN.
- Creating profiles for the users and managing users.
- Installation of Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g and managing the database.
- Expert in utilizing the database tools like TOAD and performance tuning tools like Explain plan, AWR, ADDM, Grid control or similar technologies from other vendors like Quest.
- Creating Materialized views for resultant tables and refreshing them to eliminate the full table scans in the SQL.
- Experienced with creating DB Links across databases and performed advanced replications.
- Experience in ASM patch upgrade for 184.108.40.206.
- Performed Cross platform migration using transportable tablespaces and RMAN.
- Implement Backup and Recovery Procedures using RMAN for Oracle Databases and test regularly in conjunction with operations. Configuring scripts for backups (Level 0 and Incremental).
- Experience in implementation of enterprise databases on enterprise Storage Solutions using Storage area Networks (SAN) and Network attached storage (NAS).
- Performing Grid Infrastructure installations and creating RAC databases.
- Successfully done Oracle ASM diskgroup migration activity and Migrating an existing Non-ASM Database into ASM.
- Detailed experience in systems disaster recovery, maintenance and security.
- Carried out DB Cloning and provided the cloned database for development side.
- Monitoring Standby Database, Comparing parameters during Drill Activity.
- Coordinated with application team and performance team to help them tune their queries.
- Administered (10g/11gR2 RAC) environments adding and removing nodes to the cluster.
- Utilized Grid Control to administer multi-node RAC database also managed redo and undo in the RAC environment. Load balancing of RAC instances.
- Configured, created and Managed Oracle Data Guard in a real Applications Clusters (RAC) Environment.
- Installation and administration/troubleshooting of RAC with 2 Node DG in 11.2.0.* on Linux/Solaris.
- Experienced on UNIX shell scripting.
- Performing numerous hot and cold backups, recoveries.
- Setting up logical back-up (exp and imp) by making use of pipes.
- Database Refreshing / Replication from production to testing using Data pump.
- Provided on-call support for production environment including deployments, migrations, running patch, bug fix scripts, and routine maintenance.
- Support and maintenance of Transactional Replication between Primary Servers and Read-Only servers, and experience in troubleshooting replication problems.
Environment: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, AIX 6.1, RHEL, OEM/Grid, SAN, TOAD, RMAN.
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Supported more than 30 databases including development/production sizes up to 5 TB for 24/7.
- Perform database upgrade from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 for 1.5 TB of OLTP database.
- Migrated 1.5 TB of production database from WINDOWS-2003 to Red-Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 with Advance Data Pump.
- Database migration from 9i to 10g to 11g.
- Patched/Upgraded ORACLE 9i Databases to ORACLE 10g databases using DBUA/Manually.
- Applying Patches 22.214.171.124 and applying Oracle DST Patches on Oracle database.
- Data Guard configuration, Failover/switchover using DGMGRL.
- Setup and Configured Physical Standby and Logical Standby Databases for various production systems.
- Implemented High Availability solutions with Oracle 10g RAC and Standby databases (Oracle Data Guard).
- Manages backup and recovery for RAC, and Determines RAC-specific tuning components.
- Monitoring and maintaining 2/3 node RAC database on Red Hat Linux. Providing support to the development team and handling release schedules.
- Uses Oracle Cluster ware to make applications highly available to clients and end users.
- Installing ASM environment and migrating database from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Planning and scheduling Backups, Database Recovery, taking Logical Backups (with Export /Import), Database backup (Hot & cold).
- Worked extensively on RMAN backups and recoveries and database cloning using RMAN Duplicate. Trouble shooting and maintenance of RMAN backups and user managed backups.
- Resolving TEMP/UNDO tablespace full issues.
- Creating tablespaces and Re-sizing data files on table spaces according to requirements.
- Experience with the Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid control.
- Constantly monitor the performance of the Databases and viewing Alert log files & Trace files.
- Does Oracle Database capacity planning, space management, storage allocation and different type of storage structure (DAS/NAS/SAN-Based Solutions).
- Partitioned Tables, Index for increased query performance and easier maintenance.
- Created Indexes-Bitmap/Join Indexes, Function-Based Indexes etc. as per the given structures, operations, data in the tables for increased performance.
- Trouble shooting RAC instances. (TAF, load balancing, ocrs check, failover).
- To accept requests (Tickets) through mails on LOTUS tool for any problem related to Database Administration and to resolve the same.
- Used oracle Golden gate for Real time data integration.
- Extensive Performance Tuning, Memory (SGA) Tuning, Locks and Latch resolution in DBBC and Shared pool.
- Worked in conjunction with the development team to fine tune SQL and PL/SQL Code using Execution Plan, SQL TRACE, ANALYZE, DBMS STATS and evaluating and monitoring database to resolve performance issues including troubleshooting errors, recovering database and failures as needed.
- Initiated cronjobs to review alert logs and dump files to check for any ORA- errors.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, Oracle ASM, Solaris 10, REDHAT Linux, Oracle Grid ControlSAN, Data pump, RMAN, Golden Gate, SQL *Loader, Exp/Imp, Toad.
- Worked on Installation, administration and upgrade of Oracle 9i/10g production and development databases.
- Upgraded the single instance database from 126.96.36.199 to 10.2.0.2.
- Responsible for installation and configuration of Oracle 10g Grid Control and agents, Managed databases using Oracle 10g Grid Control.
- Optimization and tuning SQL queries using TRACE FILE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Performed logical backup through export and import utility.
- Planned and performed HOT and COLD backups.
- Worked in FRA systems for quick restoration and recovery.
- Worked on the Restore/recovering the data using incremental backup to resolve archive log gaps.
- Used SQL Loader to load data from external files into Oracle Database.
- Installed and updates critical security Patches using Enterprise Manager and O-PATCH.
- Worked on AWR repository, Statspack report find/fix root causes for performance degradation in the databases.
- Instance Tuning by running AWR, ADDM report.
- Converted Standby databases into Physical Standby databases.
- Fail-over done in Data Guard due to Primary failure.
- Installing and configuring the ASM instance.
- Query tuning when SQL is taking much time.
- Monitoring and detecting the locked objects and releasing the same for usage then if needed Killing unwanted sessions.
- Worked on setting up ORACLE 10g RAC Databases for test prototype environment with three nodes-clusters on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.
- Responsible for administrating Single instance databases and administrating ASM, RAC database instances and standby database.
- Monitored database health using tools like MM, TOAD, OEM and SPOTLIGHT.
- Creating new databases and users accounts, setup backups, and other monitoring scripts.
- Cloning/Refreshing development/test database from production.
- Transported the Tablespace from production database and plugged-in it in development/ Test database for the usage of developers.
- Adding and resizing datafiles if needed.
- Recovering the database from Block corruption, Objects-drop and using TSPITR.
- Create Database maintenance plans, including updating statistics, re-indexing, structure modification, capacity planning and index analysis.
- Participated in 24x7 production support rotations.
- Create multiple 11g databases on RHEL5 in development.
- Worked with RAC implementation team. Added nodes.
- DBA Support during different phases of the project DEV, Integration, System Testing, UAT, Pilot and Launch.
- Creating and maintaining Materialized views for replication.
- Database backups and restoration, backup strategies, scheduling backups and setting up the recovery drills time to time to crosscheck the backed up database files.
- Raised SR# to fix database issues.
Environment: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, Solaris 9, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0, 5.0, RAC, Windows2003, Grid Control, TOAD, and SQL developer.
Oracle DBA Developer
- Worked on 24/7 production database.
- Installing, maintaining, and configuring 9i and 10g databases on LINUX and SOLARIS 10, Windows 2003.
- Cloning Database from Production Databases for Testing and development.
- Applying Oracle Patches 10.2.0.3 and 10.2.0.4.
- Worked on ASM and configured few instance on ASM in Oracle 10g.
- Designed and implemented hot backups using a combination of incremental differential and full backups using RMAN and Hot/Cold.
- Monitoring database performance using Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database for new and existing databases.
- Managed disk space requirements for growth of data tables and indexes.
- Given suggestions on rewriting the SQL queries which elapsed more time for execution.
- Worked extensively in Performance Tuning at various levels including instance tuning, Query tuning, Database performance tuning by using tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF, STATSPACK for optimized results.
- Configured Monitoring and Housekeeping scripts across the database-servers.
- Using DB Link to link schema objects residing on remote database.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions and triggers to support application.
- Create TAR to Oracle for Bugs & work with oracle to resolve the issues.
Environment: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, Sun Solaris 8, AIX 5L 5.3, Windows 2003, TOAD, RMAN, OEMExport/Import utility.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes