- Around 8 years of experience as Oracle Database administrator, having hands on experience in database administration, production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, performance tuning, backup and recovery, cloning, space management, and database security wif Oracle (9i, 10g, 11g) on Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux, HP - UX, AIX, and Windows 2000/2003/2008 Platform.
- Experience in Configuring 10g/11gR2 Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and Data guard.
- Installed Oracle GlodenGate and configured heterogeneous replication.
- Experience wif very large scale database environments and mission critical OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Experienced in Installation, Patching, Cloning, and Upgrade of Oracle Databases.
- Experienced in Backup & Recovery, Disaster Recovery options, Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN).
- Experience in Managing Security, User groups and Users by using roles, grants, privileges and Profiles.
- Experience in Supporting EDW wif OLTP and OLAP Data ware House applications.
- Involved in Implementing SHAREPLEX.
- Provided 24x7 production support
- Experience in working wif Grid Control and Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- Performed Strategic Planning, Logical and Physical Data Modeling & Application Tuning.
- Experience wif SQL, PL/SQL coding, stored procedures, triggers, cursors, packages,performance Tuning, UNIX Shell Scripting, Indexes, Logical and Physical database design to implement the business logic.
- Experience in maintaining Oracle Data Guard & Standby Database and providing critical solution wif strategic disaster recovery plans wif different recovery procedures and methods.
- Experience in Migrating Data using Oracle Data Integrator.
- Experience in Hot/Cold Backup and Recovery and Cloning of databases using RMAN.
- Expertise Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Grid Control, TOAD, RMAN.
- Cloned Database from Production to Test and Development.
- Experience in migration of oracle databases and installing patches.
- Exporting and Importing of dumps using expdp and impdp.
- Experience on handling VERY LARGE DATABASES (VLDB).
- Experience in Delivering Oracle Database performance-tuning services for customers wif EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, STATSPACK, SQL TRACE, ORADEBUG, AWR report, 12c OEM Grid Monitoring custom scripts troubleshooting oracle databases using sqltrace utilities.
- Experience in SQL Server databases (2000, 2005, 2008, 2012), SSIS and SSRS
OPERATING SYSTEMS: HP-UX 10.x/11.x, Sun Solaris 8/9/10, AIX 5.2/5.3/6.1, Red Hat Linux RHEL 4/5, SUSE 10.0 and Windows NT/ 2000/2003/2008.
RDBMS: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, Oracle 10g/11g Real Application Clusters (RAC), SQLServer 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012
LANGUAGES: SQL, MYSQL,PL/SQL, Shell Scripting
SOFTWARE/ APPLICATIONS TOOLS: OEM, DATAGUARD, Recovery Manager (RMAN), Datapump, AWR, TKPROF, ADDM, ERWIN, Teradata, ETL, Clusters, VERITAS Backup, EMC Storage, DTS, Developer 2000, SQL Loader, TOAD.
WEB TOOLS/REPORTING TOOLS: HTML, XML, Discoverer, DBI, BO, crystal reports.
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
- Successfully implemented 11g R2 RAC on 4 nodes for high availability.
- Involved in Knowledge Transfer of Gloden Gate Product and Installed Gloden Gate(10.4/11.1)
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting RAC databases.
- Installation and creation of 10g and 11g databases for Testing, Development and Production.
- Successfully implemented oracle 11g grid control.
- Installed and applied patches for oracle 11g and 10g databases for supporting applications.
- Up-gradation and Migration of Database from 10.2.0.4 to 184.108.40.206 and applying patches whenever required.
- Applying upgrade patches, maintenance and interim patches on all the databases.
- Configured Automatic storage management (ASM) wif EMC storage for managing data in SAN.
- Involved in 24x7 support for production databases wif on-call pager .
- Involved in EDW Support for OLTP and OLAP Data ware house Applications.
- Installation of database software and wif analyzing, designing, and implementing databases.
- Creating and Managing Tablespaces wif different block-sizes to prevent row chaining.
- Performance tuning for optimized results using tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*Trace and TKPROF, STATSPACK.
- Continuous Performance monitoring and tuning of the databases and application using OEM Tuning Pack, Diagnostics Pack.
- Data Refresh from Production to Test and Development environments using RMAN Duplicate Database.
- Extensively used PL/SQL for designingpackages, stored procedures, functionsand databasetriggers.
- Involved in applications administration including 11g Database/Applications cloning, tuning, patching and monitoring concurrent manager processing etc.
- Experienced in handling database issues using OEM as well as command prompt.
- Worked wif T-SQL statements like DELETE and UPDATE statements and also like BULK insert of data into the datable.
- Other activities like applying RDBMS patches, security patches, sox reporting proactive monitoring of databases and applications.
- Experience in DB capacity planning.
- Loads databases, reorganizes as necessary, and assists in monitoring database performance
- Developing and Implementing Disaster Recovery (DR) Plan using Datagaurd.
- I along wif team implemented physical standy database using Datagaurd.
- Load balancing, Databases/Schema/Table Re-Organization for faster performance using export/import & Move procedures
- Daily Health Check Up of the Database using staspack, AWR, ADDM & ASH.
- Rebuilding of Indexes for better performance, maintenance of Oracle Database.
- Performance tuning of Oracle Database Objects by fixing row chaining.
- Taking periodic Backup of the Database and the software using RMAN and VERITAS Netbackup.
- Written shell scripts for digitization the process. Scheduling jobs through Oracle Job Scheduler.
- Maintaining security of databases and users.
- Reading Alert Log and User trace Files and Diagnosing the Problem.
- Recovery of Database (Recovering from Media Failure, Recovering tables dropped accidentally, Recovering data files, Recovering from Block Corruption).
- Installation and configuration of Oracle Client software and Tools.
- Created scripts to query performance views in an effort to reduce parse times and tune memory structures such as the database buffer cache, shared pool, library cache and PGA for a shared server configuration·
- Written Shell scripting which monitors the server’s performance and logs output on periodic basis to database.
- Supported Production issues relating our data warehouse databases.
- Worked along wif the teams supporting various applications relating to data warehouse.
- Written SQL scripts to monitor tablespace and extent growth.
- Performance tuning which includes creating indexes, analyze, explain plan, optimizer hints
- Space Management which includes table space creation, adding new datafiles.
- Experienced wif monitoring the database security issues and resolving them on timely basis.
- Successful in restoring and recovering database issues due to various causes like media failure.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, HP -UX 11.31, Solaris, MYSQL,Windows XP, Oracle 9i/ 10g, RAC, OEM, Grid Control, RMAN, DBCA, Data Guard, Putty, TOAD 8.1, UNIX, Linux 4.0,SQL DEVELOPER
Confidential, Jersey city NJ
Oracle Database Administrator
- Configuration, Installation and maintenance of Oracle 11gR2 RAC databases including Grid Infrastructure.
- Performed upgrades from Oracle 10g to 11g and applied patches.
- Involved in setting up of data guard for 2-node standby.
- Worked on dis project as Oracle Core DBA. Planning and scheduling Backups, Database Recovery, taking Logical Backups (wif Export /Import), Database backup (Hot & cold).
- Worked on Features: Data Pump, ASM and RMAN. Data Base Recovery (complete & Incomplete).
- Proficient in managing Oracle Instance, database storage structure, schema objects.
- Experienced wif SRVCTL, OCR and Voting Disk of 10g, 11g RAC.
- Experience in SQL Server and MYSQL databases.
- Experience in Supporting Teradata for data ware Houses and analytical applications .
- Involved & performed Production Change Requests for PROD major DB changes. New DB creation, Existing DB deletion, various DB Housekeeping activities. Implemented 10g RAC on a test basis.
- Administration of all database objects, including tables, Indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Involved in the matters of performance issues and auditing the required down time.
- Installing ASM environment and migrating database from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Experience in Planning Database, Sizing table space, Create database, scripts, Monitor databases, Interact wif developers, Oracle Install, Upgrade, 24x7 production support.
- Skilled wif AWR, ADDM, SAR to check health of database & hardware.
- Adding the required User Logins, Groups and Users, Granting and Revoking Permission to/from the users. Co-coordinating wif on-site counterpart as well as Clients and understanding requirements.
- Installation of Oracle database 10g software wif RAC using Oracle Clusterware. Oracle Data Guard setup done for RAC. Installation of Oracle 10g management agent and grid control.
- Experience in Performance and Tuning databases using various techniques. Collected performance statistics memory usage, data storage.
- Generating Statspack reports and AWR and ADDM reports for Database for Application tuning and also database Partitioning.
- Extensively used PL/SQL for designingpackages, stored procedures, functionsand databasetriggers.
- Knowledge on Oracle Gloden Gate.
- Created Cluster database, Cloning of Cluster database on Linux, start and stop Cluster database services.
- Designed and developed Database structures (Database triggers, Procedures, Functions to implement business Rules). Loaded data into Database using external tables.
- Expert in Oracle Utilities and Tools like OEM, Import-Export, RMAN.
- Exposure to AS400 IBM Server.
Environment: Operating Systems: IBM-AIX, SunSparcSolaris64bit, and Redhat Linux RDBMS: Oracle Database Server 10g/11g, Programming Language/Tools: TOAD, PL/SQL
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Oracle Database Administrator
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 10g/11g servers and creation of databases in UNIX and Windows environments.
- Hands on experience of Oracle GlodenGate installation, configuration, troubleshooting GG issues.
- Installing and configuring 10g/11g Real Application Clusters (RAC). Troubleshooting performance problems.
- 24x7 production database and applications support
- Involved in Database Design wif Data Architects.
- Evaluating database products and third party tools for the Project.
- Setup of the database environments for the Dev and QA teams.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 10g RAC for High Availability
- Involved in migration of the database from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g.
- Reorganizing Tables and Indexes for improving performance.
- Created the database objects based on the requirements for project requirement.
- Table space analysis, space allocations for tables, rollback segment monitoring and as member of application development team.
- Implemented complex business rules using database triggers and constraints.
- Adding, dropping users, creating Roles, Profiles and Grants based on the Role of the user.
- Planned and implemented database Backup on development and preproduction databases.
- Implemented Snapshots for remote objects for Reporting team.
- Testing of Backup’s and Documenting backup strategies.
- Developed stored procedures, packages and database triggers.
- Performed Diagnosis & Tuned database and SQL statements as and when required.
- Managing Production as well as Development Instances.
- Identified and provided solutions for poorly written queries.
- Using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) for Database monitoring and maintenance activities which include checking alert logs, space management, undo management, gathering database statistics, database locking issues, creation of users, schemas, tablespaces and other database objects.
- Establishing and monitoring database RMAN backups and export schemes (hot/cold).
- Implementing Oracle 11g Dataguard for high availability.
- Migrating and upgrading the Oracle 9i database to Oracle 10g/11g and incorporating the changes in the database design.
- Implemented Data Pump, Import and export techniques for Schema level export and imports.
- Implemented database level performance tuning using AWR, ADDM and Statspack.
- Database performance tuning using different methods.
- Creating and maintaining database links between different Oracle databases.
Environment: LINUX, 10g/11g R2 RAC, OEM, Toad, 10g Grid Control, Data pump, AWR, ADDM, Shell Scripting, Data guard, RMAN and PUTTY.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
Oracle Database Administrator
- Database monitoring and performance tuning using OEM and STATSPAK
- Installation, Maintenance and administration of Oracle 10g on Red hat Linux.
- Implemented Data guard and administered the production database.
- Installed Oracle 10g RAC database on RHEL and applied all current patches
- Responsible for maintaining Oracle 10.1.0.2 using SRVCTL, Oracle Enterprise
- Manager, maintaining Oracle Cluster ware using CRSCTL
- Configured the VERITAS clustering for Oracle on the production and pre-prod databases.
- Migrated databases from 10g to 11g using transportable table space and
- Data pump Responsible to schedule backups through RMAN.
- Database Restore using RMAN, Cold Backup and Export/Import.
- Responsible for planning, testing and implementing different backup and Recovery strategies
- Used Flashback table to restore tables which is a new feature of Oracle 10g.
- Performance Tuning i.e. Tuning RAC, tuning applications, shared pool, I/O distribution, rollback segments, buffer cache, redo mechanisms
- Extensive application tuning through STATSPACK, explain plan, SQL*Trace.
- Implemented scripts to capture high resource utilization queries.
- Implemented scripts for daily monitoring like db status, no of extents, free space etc.
- Implemented Oracle Advanced Security Options
- Maintained multiple terabyte databases on oracle.
- Cloned the production database periodically to the testing databases through SQL backtrack.
- Monitored the Oracle Streams topology and performance.
- Identified the long running transaction through V$session longops and also for Rollback monitoring which is an enhanced feature of Oracle 10g.
- Used EM on Oracle 10g for diagnostic summary, host CPU utilization, finding Wait events, alert Log errors etc.
- On-Call 24x7 DBA support for production databases.
- Re-engineered system to J2EE using Oracle 10g backend database.
- Extensively used SQL Queries (Sub queries, correlated sub queries and Join Conditions) to handle data mapping
- Tuned the SGA. Monitored the shared Pool, Database buffer cache and Redo Log buffers. Monitored Table spaces and Segment fragmentation
- Performed trouble shooting activities, created new users and assigned Privileges and Roles to users.
Environment: IBM AIX 5.3, RHEL, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, Exceed 6.2, Oracle Enterprise Manager 9.2.0/10g, Quest Software (5.0), VERITAS Cluster, RMAN.
- Upgrading, analysis and testing of the test and production database.
- Perform capacity planning required to create and maintain the database environments.
- Implemented Oracle New features like SPfile, Shared Severs, Locally managed Temporary tablespace, UNDO tablespace and RMAN
- Involved in Gathering the Requirements for creating data models for data analysis and reporting.
- Designing Tables, Constraints, Views, and Indexes etc. in coordination wif the application development team.
- Developed Packages and customized functions and Triggers based upon the business logics.
- Assisted in Installing Application Server, Report Server and Database Server.
- Worked on PL/SQL (Oracle 9i, 10g), PL/SQL Developer/TOAD, Unix/Linux, Crystal Reports (Business Objects XI).
- Involved in importing the production data to lower environments for testing purpose.
Environment: Windows 98/NT/2000, HP-UX, Oracle 8i/9i, Toad V8.0, Net8, Database Tools/Utilities.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes