- With a total of 8 years experience in maintaining oracle databases from Oracle 9i to Oracle 11g, I developed expertise in administering database ranging from 100GB to 5TB.
- I developed extensive knowledge in installation, upgrade & migration, performance tuning, taking RMAN backups, export and import, flashback database, dataguard and RAC, within 24/7 development, testing and production environments.
- I am a Great team player with the ability to work under time sensitive deadlines and strong ability to multitask.
Operating Systems: Linux, AIX, Solaris, Unix Windows 2000/2003/XP
Database: Oracle 9i/10g RAC/11g, RDBMS
Tools: RMAN, OEM, SRVCTL, DGBroker, SQL* Loader, SQL Server, OEM Grid Control, SQL* Plus, DBCA, Netca, Netmgr, Import/Export, Data Pump
Programming Languages: SQL, Linux, Unix, Shell Scripting
Office Tools: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project)
Other Tools: VMware, Ariba, SAP, Lotus Notes
Confidential, Pittsburg PA
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Planned configuration and installation of Oracle 10g and 11g databases on UNIX, Linux, AIX Windows 2003 and 2008.
- Performed Oracle database Migration and Upgrade from Oracle to 10g to 11g, was also involved in applying patches
- Installed and applied oracle critical patches to various database versions, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- Configured data guard with 2 physical standbys across the US.
- Configure various relevant network related file to ensure database access as well.
- Establish, implement and maintain comprehensive Oracle database maintenance plans.
- I developed implemented and maintained Enterprise Oracle backup and recovery strategies. Used Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) to backup databases, Performed import and export as needed and scheduled nightly backups on each database.
- Performed various RMAN cold and hot backups, troubleshoot and resolve various Oracle problems such as connectivity problems, backup and performance issues
- Resolve complex database issues also creating and managing documentation on the issues resolutions and configurations also tuning PL/SQL statements.
- Perform bulk load into the database using SQL Loader Experience and managed Oracle database partitioning Tune SQL queries and database performance for OLTP and DSS applications within various environments.
- Develop best practices based on associated security policies, industry security standards, and audit regulations to ensure devices are appropriately secured from security breaches
- Schedule jobs using various Oracle tools such as Oracle OEM, DBMS JOBS and SCHEDULER Maintained stored procedures, functions, triggers, packages and views used by the database instance Documented database structure, changes, problems, issues for future reference.
- Developed and enforce database related policies, standards, naming conventions, operating procedures and best practices. Develop a strategic plan for the database development that supports the organizations operational requirements.
- Administer database user accounts. Create, modify and deactivate user accounts; assign and monitor user access rights
- Installed and Configured an 11 node RAC and moved the single instance Databases tothe RAC and addednodesto existing cluster configuration
- Experienced with using CRSCTL, SRVCTL,OCR, and Voting Disk of 11g RAC and installing ASM
Confidential - Tampa Florida
- I performed Oracle 10g installation and administration I also performed database performance tuning, database backup and recovery of data.
- I perform configure, tune and optimize databases, and work with development teams to create seamless applications. I used DBCA to create and DBUA to upgrade Oracle database and Oracle on UNIX, LINUX and WINDOWS servers.
- I also performed daily incremental backup and full weekly backup using Oracle backup utility RMAN. I am a great team player with the ability to work under time sensitive deadlines and strong ability to multitask.
- Monitored Database growth and provide Database capacity planning for applications expansion, Upgraded from 9.2.0.x to 10.2.0.x.
- Troubleshooting errors and usingthe expdp/impdp utiliyon a very regular basis forcopying data across schemas.
- Troubleshooting Database performanceissues usingAutomated Workload Repository(AWR) andAutomatic Database Diagnostics Monitor(ADDM).
- I was involved in implementing performance tuning strategies, Migration, Scripting, disaster Recovery technique, backup & Recovery for Oracle 9i Database.
- I was responsible for data validation and performance turning of the databases that involved data analysis. My other duties as a database administrator included a wide range of technical and analyst support also
- I analyzed database statistics report using various tools (e.g. Statspack, AWR and ADDM) and reports On the poda project, I provided technical support for the development.
- I specialize in database installs/upgrades backup and recovery strategies, data modeling using entity-relationship models, data conversion/ database security client/ server environment.
- Additional Skills
- Interpersonal, Problem Solving, Communication, Analytical and Leadership skills
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes