30 years of experience in information technology, specializing in Software Development Life Cycle and Object-Oriented Design and Analysis with extensive experience in the full life cycle of the software design process including requirements gathering and definition, prototyping, proof of concept, design, development, interface implementation, writing testing and deployment scripts, and maintenance. Extensive knowledge of database design, logical and physical data modeling, data analysis, DBA duties, data conversion. Optimization, normalization and tuning of databases, data abstraction, Oracle XML DB usage, Oracle BI tools knowledge, Oracle data warehouse and data mining tool usage, debugging, monitoring and addressing database capacity issues, performance and access issues, and database development through a wide variety of tools.
Summary of Qualifications
- 17 years experience with Oracle products from Oracle 6 to Oracle 11g with emphasis on the Oracle 11 database design, development, testing and production deployments building complex and efficient SQL queries, PL/SQL scripts, triggers, stored procedures and packages. Oracle 11g DBA for 2 years and overall 7 years, Discoverer Administrator and Developer for 7 years with emphasis on customer interface and development of custom folders, for our in-house clients.
- Extensive expertise in SDLC, Object-Oriented Analysis/Design, Agile, Waterfall and Oracle Development, skilled at progressing from problem statement to well-documented designs and various control and test documents and experience with CMMI, AS9100, and ISO9001.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of various database administration functions that included complex data modeling, data analysis, optimization and tuning of databases, data abstraction, debugging, analysis and basic concepts of microcomputer interfacing.
- Developed and maintain personal and professional websites via the local hosting system. Utilizing development tools provided by the client and various E-Commerce development tools such as OsCommerce, PHP Admin tools, CSS, some HTML, and SQL Server and MySQL database development and maintenance in a Linux environment with Apache as the web daemon.
- Oracle Certified Discovers Administrator and Discoverer Developer
- Languages: Ada, Basic, COBOL, FORTRAN, Pascal, SQL, PL/SQL, MySQL, TSQL and Unix Shell scripting.
- Databases: Oracle 6i, 7, 8, 9i, 10g, 11g , SQL Server 2008 R2, MySQL, exposure to DB2 and Sybase
- Software: Oracle Designer, Oracle Discoverer Administration and Design , Oracle Forms and Reports 6i, 7, 8, 9i, 10g , SQL Loader, TOAD for Oracle and SQL Server, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator, Visio. Configuration Control utilizing PVCS and Oracle CM control tool, IBM Rational tools: ClearQuest. ClearCase, RTC, Team Foundation Server TFS . Strong proficiency with Microsoft suite of tools: Access, Word, Excel, Outlook Express and PowerPoint , Unix, Linux, Red Hat
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, XP, 7 , SUN OS, DEC VAX
- Hardware: PCs, Peripherals, various SUN and DEC systems and peripherals
Providing mentoring and leadership for a group of junior business analysts, collaborate with various business areas to assess business requirements, gather requirements and provide solutions, interface with clients to scope projects, manage budgets and direct the development cycle. Communicate complex, functional and technical information to non-technical audience. Assist programmers and developers through designing, coding, testing, deployment and maintenance.
Worked as the senior Oracle PL/SQL developer utilizing TOAD for Oracle, for Oracle Forms 10g enhancements and improvements. Provided PL/SQL support to create and modify existing functions, procedures, packages, complex queries, trigger creation and maintenance. On-site at client site providing problem definition, functional design, testing, technical and end-user documentation and training, server load balancing and failover, implementation and post-implementation phases of one of two large in-house software development and software package implementation projects utilizing Oracle 11g.
Supported a wide variety of government clients as an Oracle Database Administrator and senior PL/SQL developer, Senior Requirements Analyst, Database Architect, and Technical Database Consultant. Lead Developer on the VA Homeless Management Information System project and performs SQL Server support operations and technical analysis. Provided technical analysis, technical writing and authoring a variety of ProPath/PMAS technical documents. Provided support to the VA VBMS-R application as Oracle Database Administrator, an Agile development project, responsible for the day to day operations on lower level database environments Dev, Test, QA, UAT and interfaced with the VA DBA's on pre-production and production software and database releases. Provided extensive PL/SQL experience to 50 developers and testers. Previously responsible for VA BMS/BH project as the Oracle DBA and SQL developer and information architect which included SQL Server database support and utilized experience and skills to write multiple ProPath/PMAS technical documents and developed into a skilled Technical Writer.
Technical lead for development, deployment and maintenance of the Material Acquisition System MAS , a web based Lockheed intranet system to support the requisition, tracking, stocking and all financial aspects of support for the Navy's Naval Ordinance Test Unit NOTU . Supported the development of the Calibration Exchange Pool CEP program, an Oracle 9i developed web based forms, reports and discoverer program for Kings Bay, GA sub base started in 2005. Provided leadership in requirements gathering, system concept and design, deployment, and for all aspects of user and customer interface, tutoring and training junior software engineers in various software development and verification activities and how to plan, analyze, design, test and document software and contribute to system integration. Extensive knowledge of Oracle Discoverer Administration and Design , Oracle Forms and Reports 6i, 7, 8, 9i, 10g , PL/SQL, SQL Loader, TOAD for Oracle, ClearQuest for requirement and error tracking, Agile methodology for the system development, Configuration Control utilizing Serena, data extraction with FTP processing to perform data cleansing from DB2 and Sybase to Oracle and knowledge of Oracle XML DB Repository usage.
Designed, developed and supported various Oracle 6 applications in support of the Information Technology group that supported the Joint STARS JSTARS program. Designed, implemented and supported various Oracle 6 Oracle database builds and development utilizing SQL scripts and PL/SQL in both Oracle Forms and Oracle Report applications. Participated in early Java, Pro C, Crystal Reports and Web studies for a possible move of the applications to the Internet. Part of a multiple-person IT team responsible for systems requirements analysis and documentation. Involved in all aspects of system design, development and deployment and involved directly in creating, testing and implementing of database tables, functions, procedures, custom triggers and custom PL/SQL packages.
On site at the AT T Solutions Customer Care facility to provide maintenance and new development support of database tables and data extraction scripts for Oracle databases on 8 different NCR and Sun platforms with Oracle versions 7.1.6 and 7.3.3. Development was performed using Developer 2000, PL/SQL scripts, UNIX shell scripts and KRON jobs. Part of a multi-person, multi-cultural team responsible for requirements gathering and analysis. Lead developer for custom designed Customer Services support modules and internal support tools.
On site at the Boca Raton, FL. facility to provide Oracle database administrator and DEC/VAX system administrator support. Provided support to the local database/system administrator in backup and recovery scripts, PL/SQL script improvement, table, view and stored procedure development on a large distributed network utilizing 5 ORACLE servers running on various SUN Solaris machines. Provided maintenance support for Oracle database version 18.104.22.168 with Server Manager 2.3.2 with distributed, parallel query and spatial data options. Provided development support in creating internal tools using Developer 2000, SQL Plus 3.3.2, PL/SQL 22.214.171.124 on a SUN Solaris system using Sun OS 5.5.1 and an established client/server environment.