Experienced UNIX/Linux administrator who has earned the RHCE in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6 seeking to further my career in Unix/Linux System Administration and Architecture. I have over 10 years IT Experience with 8 of these being in Unix/Linux Systems Administration and Architecture. I am looking for an exciting opportunity with a fast paced company with growth potential. I strive to drive projects to completion and success as well as enhance the success of my team and team members.
Summary of Experience
- 7 Years of experience with UNIX/Linux System administration Hardware and Operating System
- Experience with all major UNIX operating systems Red-Hat, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX
- Obtained Department of Homeland Security Public Trust 6C Security Clearance.
- Extensive Professional training in the Major UNIX/Linux operating Systems, explained in education section .
- Extensive experience with audits and dealing with auditors and configuring security hardening guidelines and reporting mechanisms. Audits to include but not limited to SOX, PCI, Visa, Mastercard, and many more.
- Documentation Experience with regards to processes ,procedures, audits, and architectural and process development.
- Programming Languages Skills
- UNIX/Linux Shell Scripting and PHP. Some Exposure to Java and C .
- Software Skills
- Database: mysql, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access.
- Sterling Commerce's Sterling Integrator file transfer software .
- Software not included in above packages: Active directory, Oracle Security Manager, Enterprise Business Solutions, Crystal Reports XI, STARS audit review application , ECM Enterprise Configuration Manager ,VERITAS Logical Volume Manager, Netbackup, VMWARE Infrastructure , HP Integrated Management Console, HP Operations Manager, Integrated Lights Out, BigFix and others upon request.
- Familiar with Setting up: DNS, Apache, Sendmail, postfix, Syslog Monitoring Server, and many other custom applications and server services.
- Iplanet Experience
- Hardware Skills
- HP Blades and Physical ProLiant Server Series.
- SUN: Experience with Sparc and X86 Sun/Oracle Servers. Also sun storage array experience.
- IBM: Power Systems machines managed by HMC. Very familiar with LPAR virtualization and HMC management.
- DELL: Poweredge Servers
- OTHER MISC: Have worked with Fiber Storage connections, network switch cabling, and all physical connection types used by servers
- Responsible for Architecture and Deployment of applications onto UNIX/Linux infrastructure.
- Responsible for initial deployment such as installing the application the first time and documenting application install procedures while documenting the OS settings necessary for the application.
- Responsible for technical documentation and drawings of finalized product.
- Performed a good amount of middleware administration, iplanet, weblogic, apache, tomcat, Adobe CQ as well as many others as part of the initial deployment process.
- Managed UNIX dev environment for entire division.
- Acted as Level 3 support for all apps in my vertical.
- Promoted to System Software Analyst Sr. April 2012 from System Software Analyst II.
- Primary Responsibilities Include 24/7/365 :
- Below work was done mostly on Red Hat, Solaris, Vmware ESX, and AIX. Work below was done collectively on around 800 Physical servers not including virtual environments and Solaris zones.
- Design and Installation of Custom Server environments for clients and internal departments.
- This Includes:
- Hardware installation, OS installation, Custom and Standard Package installation, and Hardware Cabling setup
- AIX Built Lpar's, VIO servers, power 5, 6, and 7 series, HMC's, Performance Tuning and reporting as well.
- Common types of servers mostly setup
- Database Servers, Application Servers, UAT Servers and Disaster Recovery Servers.
- Provided System Administration Support for Clients and Internal departments including hardware, application, and research functions. As well as working with support vendors. Also did 24/7 on call rotation.
- Managed System Monitoring Software setup including ECM,BigFix, Sitescope, HP Operations Manager.
- Managed System Backups using Symantec Netbackups. Also did a lot with setting up true copy of our prod servers to DR environment over fiber.
- Worked with VMware ESX servers setup and maintenance, as well as the Virtual Center Server and VI client gui's.
- Worked with many different types of storage SAN, NFS, iSCSI.
- Kept system and part inventory updated with new systems and orders.
- Worked with project managers to make sure that client rollouts were always on time and early if possible after all testing and development was completed.
- Worked with clients on a day-to-day basis to ensure their system and software issues and updates were performed and resolved to their satisfaction.
- Worked with a large team of co-workers to ensure that our distributed environment was maintained and fully functional.
- Worked to ensure that Government, PCI, and other compliance requirements were met.
- Maintained multiple custom written shell scripts as part of a custom written audit menu system, which automatically performed the data and account collection functions required by audit.
- Teach continuing education courses for the college to include but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office
- Introduction to Unix/Linux
- Computing Basics
- Home Networking Basics
- Basic Website Design
Primary responsibilities performed on an estimated 250 UNIX/Linux Servers:
- Audit Single Point of Accountability for North America Global Infrastructure Delivery
- Created and maintained many Access databases for the desk and made reports to show SLA performance and desk statistics.
- Other Responsibilities performed while in UNIX/Linux Admin Position:
- Developed many UNIX Shell Scripts to be used by other administrators to administer accounts and perform functions explained above.
- Designed and developed shell scripts to create, maintain, and audit user accounts, cleanup old server data, and create and troubleshoot UNIX printer queues.
- Wrote and modified scripts to obtain information needed for security audits, Audited Existing accounts to ensure that there were no accounts with rights they should not have and to be sure each account had an identifiable owner.
- Create, Modify, Delete User Accounts, Maintain users file usage on servers, Create, Modify, and Delete UNIX printer queues, Troubleshot Printer issues on UNIX Side.
- Acted as an Single Point of Accountability SPA in performing audits internally for accounts on the Alcoa Network including NT, Unix, Oracle and procedural audits which were performed monthly.
- Performed monthly audits on all of Alcoa's entire North American Windows NT and UNIX/Linux accounts.
Account Administrator of Multiple Platforms:
- Performed Windows NT Administration duties, including administered printers, active directory accounts, file shares, and migrations.
- Performed Oracle account administration duties, including administration of accounts and access levels.
- Performed STARS administration which is an audit application in which I administered accounts for globally.
- Performed Enterprise Business Solutions Account administration including, printers, accounts, and responsibilities.
- Used Ticketing system Remedy to keep up with customer's issues and information, as well as helped to provide great customer service to our customer via phone, email, and remedy queue.
- Helped maintain the school systems computers, labs, and networks.
- Performed hardware and software maintenance on the school systems computers as needed.
- Performed networking functions cabling, connecting to switches .
- Built computers to be sold from spare parts.
- Staged computers with windows operating systems.
- Repaired customer computers.