- OBJECTIVE I am seeking full time employment as a telecom manager, or Senior Avaya Engineer that can utilize my experience from Hardware Specialist, Software Specialist to telecom manager. I bring a strong sense of integrity, dedication, and professional pride in my work.
- HARDWARE and SOFTWARE Avaya Session Manager Avaya Modular Messaging , Avaya System Manager. Avaya Telephone 46xx-96xx handsets endpoints Microsoft Linc
- CMS 16.2
- Peripheral gateways Avaya Media Servers S8300 S8400 S8500 S87X0 8800 Avaya Media Gateways G430 G450 G650 G860 Avaya SAL Servers 2.1 Polycom and Radvision Video conferencing
- NETWORKING Ethernet, LAN WAN, VoIP, SIP, VsaT, Analog Digital Switches, Voice Mail Systems, T1 PRI, DSL, ISDN, POTS, CSU DSU, OC48, OC192, Modems, Audio Conferencing, Video Conferencing. Voice signaling E M, FXS, FXO, G1 G703, Q Sig CAS . G.711 and g.729 codecs for Avaya VoIP, Aruba wireless, Ruckus Wireless. SOFTWARE Windows, Office, Visio, Aura, SIP. Provision Linux command line programming on Avaya systems Communication Manager 5.2.1 to 6.3 , System Manager, PLDS, SBC, CES. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
All day to day changes on Avaya G3R, Audix, The Verizon Customer Portal for call routing and DNIS and EURI Inventory Changes. Avaya CMS 16. Program changes and system upgrades on all Avaya platforms, and Microsoft linc 2010 Point of contact for ongoing projects, and future planning. Manage the planning and consultation for new hosted PBX from SPS and daily tickets.
- Architect, design, deploy and maintain enterprise telecommunications equipment.
- Including Avaya gateways and Sxxxx pbx cards. Microsoft Linc 2010 deployment and maintenance.
- Diagnose and repairs equipment as assigned from system level to bench or component replacement.
- Respond to job assignments such as work orders, engineering changes, and trouble calls as required.
- Performs installation and testing of new products individually or as part of a team. Leads installations and
- upgrades of telecommunications systems.
- Analyzes component requirements of new and upgraded systems.
- Develops documentation to support current and to test planned equipment configurations.
- Develops metrics, measurements and reports related to telecommunications systems.
- Provides mentoring to user or other technical personnel.
- Insures adherence to and documentation of routine maintenance schedules. Performs daily maintenance
- checks and insures proper escalation and resolution to challenges found.
- Provides planning and technical support for enterprise installations as required.
- Perform at or above the enterprise's performance standards.
- Inform management of potential service level problems before they occur and communicate solutions.
- Direct self and the activity of others during the repair and testing of the hardware as required.
- Schedule and prioritize work to accommodate customer needs while minimizing impact on current operations.
- Evaluate and recommend vendor products and services
- Coordinate and oversee vendor maintenance personnel.
- Coordinate and oversee vendor installations.
- Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures i.e. HIPAA .
- Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements
- as specified within your departmental goals. This is in addition to, the completion of any activities necessary for the maintenance of professional affiliations or organizational requirements.
- Diligently maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and the overall facility on a daily basis.
- As required by changing business needs, complete additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Assisted the sales team with customer meetings, system designs and programming of Avaya PBX systems,
- Ruckus Wireless and Aruba Wireless
- Support the Houston Airport System with the transfer from Nortel to full Avaya. to customers. Tanberg, Scopia, Flair, OneX mobile. Assemble, configure, ship Avaya gateways etc. as needed.
- Gathered requirements and specifications for the State of Georgia PBX refresh project
- Avaya SAL 2.0, gateways G430 and G450
- Communication manager rel. 5.2.1 and 6.0 Assemble, configure, and assist field technicians and engineers as needed.
- Served as a lead engineer for remote IP Telephony deployment on the Morgan Stanley Smith Barney merger, assemble, configure and ship Avaya gateways etc,
- Managed a team of 15 Project Managers, software associates, tier 2 engineers, and field technicians
- Successfully installed Avaya gateways media servers, session managers, and Aura conferencing at 30 sites across the US
- Managed company sites, equipment configuration, installation, and service for providers like AT T and Verizon
- Resolved escalated issues that rose above the tier 2 and software associates
- Produced rack-and-stack, test-and-turn-up and site cutover procedures for engineers and technicians
- Managed all day-to-day Avaya Deployments, technician and engineer support
- Work with managers in other departments on hiring, evaluations and mentoring
- Managed a department budget of 400k which included travel expense budgets and reports
- Managed all internal network engineers and help desk personnel
- Coordinated with customers to resolve issues and schedule equipment upgrades when needed
- Performed hands functions as needed to configure VOIP and SIP trunking on customers Avaya Systems
- Supported US and international hotels such as Hilton, Homewood Suits, and Ritz Carlton
- Responsible for Avaya Modular Messaging and Session Manager installations and support over multiple locations
- Developed strategies, gathered information, and managed 10 technicians and engineers for Hospitality installations of Avaya G350 S6300 with IP Trunking.3G consulting to Horry telephone for local cellular network.
- Managed multiple engineers up to 25 , of different service levels, from different Avaya divisions
- Managed enterprise and NOC class installations on multi-site projects concurrently included S87xx, voice portal, contact center, Audix, and CMS 8.5 VOIP solutions on client sites such as Capital One and Delta Airlines
- Created SOWs and other documents needed to assist the sales team in closing
- Gathered and analyzed customer requirements and developed creative solutions
- Instructed a tier 3 level VOIP class covering complete setup and IP trunking for Avaya technicians and business partners
- Designed complex VOIP networks for clients such as AM South Bank, Capital One and Time Inc. using S6xx servers and Gxxx gateways
- Gathered customer requirements and designed high level solutions with Visio drawings and full documentation
- Responsible for corporate wide telecommunications and data using S8700, S8300, VOIP, M700 ATM, Voice
- Portal, Interaction Center, and other Avaya equipment across the US and in the UK
- Hands on programming of voice, server installations and Cisco network products Cisco Call manager, unity VM management, MVNO-Nortel, and class 3 4 5 switching
- Responsible for strategic planning and design of a complex IP infrastructure network and Call Center technologies that were deployed to all locations US and abroad
- Managed complex system designs and installations projects for corporate wide voice communications
- Managed in-house engineers by instructing them on programming and handling equipment change orders
- Responsible for counseling, motivating and technical development of the 30 engineers under my direct supervision
- Designed microwave systems to connect offices over long distance
- Managed cellular, WAN, T-1, and E-1 connectivity for the entire organization
- Managed yearly budget of 700k
- Responsible for scheduling technicians for installation and service tickets
- Prioritized trouble tickets based on system state
- Supported engineers in the field