Sr. Oracle Dba Resume
- Over 8+ years of IT experience as Senior Oracle Database Administration Ver. 11G/10G/9i/8i using RAC and ASM for High Availability on a variety of LINUX (RHEL), UNIX (Solaris, HP - UX, AIX), Windows NT 4.0/2000/2003/2008 with Oracle (9i, 10g,11g), GoldenGate configuration, Stored Procedures, DB Triggers, Developer 2000, RMAN for Backup and recovery, Dataguard for Disaster recovery etc
- Experience in installing, configuring, administering and managing oracle databases & implementing solutions like High availability (HA), Disaster & Recovery, Cloning, and Database security.
- Very good experience as Oracle DBA in production, Test and development environments
- Performed Migration and Upgradation of databases to 10g, 11g and 12C.
- Having good experience in Implementing RAC in 10G/11G in different UNIX platforms.
- Expertise and implemented Oracle 11gR2 RAC software with ASM & OCFS2 File systems.
- Installed & Configured Oracle 10g/11g/12C grid control and maintained in large environments.
- Implemented & configuring replication technology using Data guard & Oracle Golden Gate installation, configuration and troubleshooting on Linux & UNIX Platforms.
- Migrated oracle databases with minimal downtime from 10g/11gR2 Solaris/Unix to 11gR2 Linux platform using Transportable TableSpaces and expdp.
- Construction of Catalog Databases and developed scripts to perform Backups of Large Databases to fit the backup window using RMAN.
- Implemented RMAN backup (Full, incremental and cumulative) and recovery and disaster recovery using Standby database or Data Guard.
- Setup, Configured and Maintained Oracle Data Guard on 10g /11R2 to control Primary and Standby Databases and also to ensure disaster recovery using various data protection modes.
- Performance tuning of the database - SQL Tuning, baselining, Used Tuning utilities like statspack, TKPROF, Explain Plan, AWR, ADDM and Tuning of SGA, Distribution of disk I/O, Sizing of tables and indexes. Identifying bottlenecks with memory and disk contentions.
- Has good experience in Creating databases & database objects like table, index, table space, rollback/undo segments and views & analyzed relevant objects to collect statistics to tune system performance.
- Data loading using SQL*LOADER, Logical backups using full export and DATAPUMP.
- Database replication using snapshots, materialized views, import/export and advanced replication methods.
- Has noledge on Linux/Solaris administration on OS installations.
- Experienced in database reorganization regularly for removing row migrations and fragmentation using export and import utilities. Taking care of table space related issues like increasing the storage parameter values, resizing the data files, adding new data files etc.
- Clear documentation was prepared on all the processes like program specification, bugs fixing logs & change requests for future reference
- Interacting with the Oracle support on Service Requests and implementing the solutions provided for successful completion of the tasks.
Databases: Oracle 12C/11gR2/10g/9i, Oracle 11gR2/10g Real Application Clusters (RAC), MS Access.
Operating Systems: UNIXSun Solaris Windows XP/ 2000/2003/8/10, Linux Red Hat SUSE Linux
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Java, XML,UNIX Shell
Scripting: Oracle RMAN,OEM,Export/Import,DataPump
Utility: SQL*Loader, DB Verify, Log Miner, ASM CMDDBCA, Data Guard, Golden Gate, Streams
Performance: 12C OEM, Quest SQL Optimizer, STATSPACKTuning TKPROF, AWR, ADDM, ASH report, Dynatrace
Tools: TOAD, ERWIN, SQL*Loader Utility, OEM Grid Control, RMAN, DYNATRACE, Tortoise SVN, FlywayRally
Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr. ORACLE DBA
- Involved in process improvement, Oracle Server Installations / Upgrades/Patches, Space Management, Capacity Planning, Backup & Recovery, Disaster Recovery, Database Performance Tuning, Memory Tuning, Application Tuning, Security Administration, Data Warehousing, Data Guard, Real Application Testing, Oracle DataGuard.
- Configured GoldenGate DML one to many replications in which source and target had different columns, one extract and multiple replicants
- Installation, configuration, Maintenance and Support of Oracle 11g and 12c Databases as a part new Project implementation.
- Installation of Oracle 12C OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager), Monitoring tool for oracle databases.
- Monitoring the Database on daily basis for top elapsed and resource intensive SQLs and fixed them to improve the performance of the database.
- Expertise in using SPM (SQL Plan Management) fix, to fix a particular plan for a SQL to improve the performance.
- Responsible for optimizing sql queries and tuning long running queries as a part of performance improvisation.
- Setting up monitoring alerts for golden gate extract and replicat, if they are abended or any discards. configuring golden gate heart beat table for monitoring golden gate replication and discards are stored in error log table.
- Expertise in using oracle hints and SQL profiles which are used to improve the SQL performance.
- Upgrading golden gate from 188.8.131.52.9 to 184.108.40.206.15 for improving the extract performance for bulk statements and making proper documentation.
- Setting up GoldenGate Integrated capture to current classic capture by creating downstream mining database and prepared proper documentation for other DBA’s to work on it.
- Performed Deployments executing scripts given by developers, solving performing issues and regular production support. Monitoring performance of database and general health checkup.
- Performing day-to-day database administration tasks like Tablespace usage, checking alert log, trace files, monitoring disk usage, defragmentation, Table/index analyze jobs, database backup logs etc.
- Responsible for Backup and recovery of the databases using RMAN Tool (Recovery Manager), and Database Flashback using GRP (Guaranteed Restore Point) and Export and Import (Datapump and Normal) for restoring the specific objects at the database level.
- Migration of databases from Non-ASM to ASM.
- Management of schemas, objects partitioning tables & indexes.
- Provide tips and techniques to application support team to optimize SQL query and PL/SQL program performance and monitor using 12C OEM and Dynatrace
- Creation of database structure change build and deployment in various environments and coordinating with release management teams with the help of Flyway Tool
- Was part of DevOps and developed shell Scripts to automate Database deployment and reduced the overall deployment procedure by 40%.
- Participated as a team-member in data management strategies, Integrates data architecture with appropriate components of the extended enterprise, transaction factories, and the data warehouse.
- Worked in an Agile process with three-week sprint.
- Provided technical assistance for development and maintenance of AutoSys and related scheduling solutions.
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g,12C, Physical Datagaurd, Active Datagaurd, RMAN, ASM, Grid Control, golden gate, Solaris 5.10, Linux AS (RHEL) 5.x,6.x, AIX 5.1,6.1, ACFS, Veritas Cluster Server GoldenGate 11,12c, OEM 12c, performance tuning
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Sr. ORACLE DBA
- Installing Oracle DB 10g,11gR2 RDBMS, RAC on ASM, Applying Oracle Critical patch updates, Implementing and Manage Data Guard, Replication, Backup and Recovery support and performance tuning etc.
- Installed Grid Infrastructure Software on new Linux Servers for 2 node and 3 node RAC and Failover environments and Oracle Grid Control 11gR2 Installation.
- Experienced in Installing OEM agent and hooking up to the grid.
- Configuring OEM 12C grid for monitoring the Listeners present in the oracle environment.
- Worked in troubleshooting RAC and implemented 11gR2 New ASM features.
- Applied necessary Patches during installation and also in up-gradation of databases.
- Extensively worked in setting up Oracle physical standby database using Data guard.
- Experience with Data Guard Feature, Implemented building and Rebuilding of Standby Databases.
- Experienced in switching primary database to standby and standby to primary during regular maintenances of catalog databases and DR databases.
- Handy in utilizing data pump tool for exporting and importing the data between databases.
- Involved and Upgraded Analytical Databases from 10g to 11gR2.
- Installation and configuration of Golden Gate on 11gR2 database for the replication.
- Resolving the issues in conflicts between the target and source database in golden gate.
- Implemented Bi-Directional replication in golden gate.
- Performance tuning of queries consuming Excessive Resources or slow running queries by Providing Required Hints to the Query.
- Supported development effort by providing SQL statement tuning and optimizing ETL procedures and removing load and query performance bottlenecks by using Explain Plan.
- Understood the concepts of AMS (Archival Management System) and implemented successfully in production environment to archive historical data.
- Well Experienced in taking Cold Backup for a very Huge 64-Tb Database.
- Experienced in managing Daily Online backups (Level-0 and Level-1) and Archive Backups using RMAN.
- Migration of databases from 10g to 11gR2 using export/import and data pump export/import utilities and Performed database refresh activities for business requirement and tuning purposes.
- Weekly Data Refresh from Production to Development and Test environments using Data Pump export/import.
- Having good exposure in user management, Table space Management, Session Management, undo Management issues.
- Experienced in managing space issues in the Database Level for table space and Regular file system cleanup at UNIX level.
- Experience with peregrine ticketing tools for resolving the tickets.
Environment: Linux, Solaris 10, Hp-Unix, Oracle 9i,10g,11g, OEM, SQL*Plus, XMing, Putty, ASM, Data Guard, TSM, VERITAS, Golden Gate
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Provided 24x7 support and On-Call rotation when needed for very large databases.
- Installed Oracle 11gR2 on Linux and Worked on RAC 10g and worked on ASM feature.
- Estimate the size of the database and its objects (in large database of 1 to 2 Terabyte).
- Upgraded database from Oracle 9i to 10g and 10g to 11gR2, having a good exposure on Oracle11gR2.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 11gR2 RAC 2 node on Linux.
- Applied CPU security patches in both RAC and standalone systems in ASM environment.
- Experience with Oracle 10g/11g grid control.
- Responsible for maintaining Oracle 11g/10g standby databases in Solaris and Linux
- Done up-gradation from 10g to 11g and applied patches when required.
- Configured 11g new feature Active Data guard on 11gR2 and maintained standby databases.
- For the improvement of database performance implemented database tuning and its requirements and reviewed it.
- Involved in Database and Transaction Log Backups and Restoration, backup strategies, scheduling the backups. Backing up system & user databases and restoring them as required and Create Database users and roles and implement appropriate user security.
- Experienced with Oracle 10g/11gR2 ASM feature.
- Migrated Non-ASM databases to ASM environment for high availability on 11g.
- Implemented active-active configurations usually require data conflicts to be managed by the application, suitable for custom applications.
- Implemented Oracle Replication through materialized view.
- Supported development effort by providing SQL statement tuning and optimizing ETL procedures and removing load and query performance bottlenecks by using tools Explain Plan, SQL Trace, TKPROF, TOAD and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Performance tuning of Queries by maintaining Aggregates, Compression, partition, indexing and use of Hints, Stored outlines, Statistics for the same.
- Experience with database partitioning and responsible for daily loads.
- Experience with DDL and DML operations and having sound noledge.
- Good experience with Oracle performance issues in both application tuning &memory tuning.
- Trouble shooting of various database performances by proper diagnosis at all levels like SQL, PL/SQL, database design, database tables, indexes, Instance, memory, operating system and java calls.
- Writing UNIX shell scripts to manage Oracle environment and application processes.
Environment: RHEL 5, Sun-Solaris -9, Oracle 9i/10g/11gR2, 10g/11gR2 RAC, Toad, 10g Grid, OEM, ASM Oracle Streams, ERWIN, Oracle Gateway, SQL*Plus, Shell Scripting
Confidential, Malvern, PA
- Involved in gathering user Requirements, application design, and analysis of hardware requirements to meet business needs.
- Prepared a step by step installation document for the 10g RAC on Linux operating system.
- Configuration of system to achieve High Availability, Load balancing and automatic fail over functionality.
- Install, upgrade and maintain Oracle 10g on Sun Solaris and Windows 2003
- Application Tuning by tuning queries, identifying problematic code, creation of indexes, re-writing queries using an optimized path, Creation of Materialized Views and gathering necessary statistics on objects etc.
- Implementing Database Security, Management of role-based security.
- Database Restore using RMAN, Cold Backup and Export.
- Applying Patches 220.127.116.11 and applying Oracle DST Patches on Oracle database.
- Performing day-to-day database administration tasks like Table space usage, checking alert log, trace files, monitoring disk usage, Table/index analyze jobs, database backup.
- Cloning of databases from production to test environments.
- Periodic data refresh from production to testing environments, Re-organizing database structures etc.
- Actively involved in validation of the data files using DB Verify Utility. In order to solve Block Corruption Errors.
Environment: RHEL 4, Hp - Unix 7, Oracle 10g, 9i, 10g R1, Toad 8.5.3, RMAN, OEM, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader
- Provided 24*7 Support for Production environment for Extraction, Loading and transformation of Data in Data Mart. Remote monitoring and tuning of Database Processes in the Client environment
- Design Evaluation and Analysis of physical and logical model.
- Involved in Installation and customization of Databases (10g&9i) in Windows, Linux and Solaris environments
- Involved in Schema management, Table space Management, User Creation.
- Monitoring the Extraction and loading processes of Data.
- Upgraded and applied patches as and when required. Database Refreshes from Prod to Dev. Troubleshooting Day-to-Day Users Issues in various modules.
- Responsible for Oracle implemented backups like LOGICAL & PHYSICAL i.e. Export & import and also having experience with EXPDP & IMPDP
- Evaluated the hardware requirements before upgrading/migrating the database.
- Good experience with recovery managed backups i.e. RMAN
- Migrated the database from non-Oracle to Oracle i.e. SQL Server to Oracle.
- Maintained and audited Application and data servers.
- Documented the complete project including all pre installation, post installation and database configuration steps.
- Involved in writing UNIX shell scripting for automating the jobs.
- Manage users, privileges, profiles, schemas.
- Experience in using automatic monitoring and management processes like batch processing using Crontab for processes like import, export databases.
- Used analyze table, analyze indexes to tune queries and increase performance.
- Experience with SGA tuning and Histograms understanding and sound noledge in SQL execution plan.
- Tuning Oracle 9i database servers using tools dynamic, dictionary views, Stats pack, ADDM, AWR Diagnostic and tuning packages.
Environment: Oracle9i/10g, Windows NT/03, Linux, AIX5.1, Hp-UX, Sun Solaris, SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes