- Over 7+ years of experience in Oracle Database Administration, supporting a large and diverse database application portfolio of 24×7 mission - critical production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, patches, performance tuning, backup and recovery, cloning, space management, database security, auditing, troubleshooting, database design, TAR support, Unix shell scripting and documentation.
- Experience in OLTP/DW database systems, managing large Oracle databases VLDB up 100TB.
- Oracle Database Administration experience in variety of different environments like Red Hat Linux, Windows HP-UX, SUN SOLARIS and AIX.
- Worked with Oracle Databases (11g/10g/9i/8i) on Unix/Linux/Windows platforms.
- Planned and implemented DR & high availability solutions using Oracle 11g RAC & 10g RAC, Standby Database (Oracle Data Guard).
- Worked on database recovery techniques and implementation of those recovery techniques to ensure business continuity.
- Expert in design and implementation of database backup strategy and performed full, incremental and Cumulative backups using RMAN.
- Good experience in basic and advanced replication using Oracle Streams, Golden Gate.
- Excellent knowledge in Hot/Cold Backup and Recovery and Cloning of databases using RMAN and manual methods.
- Experienced in using Data pump, Flash-Back Recovery, AWR, ASM, ADDM, Grid Monitoring
- Having experience in upgrading and migrating database from 8i to 9i, 9i to 10g and 10g to 11g applied patches like CPU patches and PSU.
- Experience in Performance Tuning by using tools/utilities like Automated Workload Repository (AWR), Automatic Database Diagnostics Monitor (ADDM), STATSPACK, Explain Plan and TKPROF.
- Good experience in SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, Partitioning, Data modeling, OLAP, Logical and Physical Database Design, Backup and Recovery procedures.
- Experience on Oracle Enterprise Manager, 11G/10G Grid Control for monitoring and tuning the database.
- Develop best practice guidelines for Oracle database developers; make recommendations on software tools, capacity planning, and infrastructure designs. Develop quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Good experience on Oracle Support processes for technical requests through Metalink and other Support Procedures
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x, HP-UX 10.x, 11.x, Sun Solaris 8, 9, 10, IBM AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1 and Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2003/XP.
RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, Oracle 10g/11g RAC.
Tools: & Utilities: RMAN, ASM, OEM/Grid Control, EXP, IMP, Data Pump, TOADSQL*Loader
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl.
Other: GoldenGate, NetApp, Veritas NetBackup, TSM, DB Monitoring, MS Visio
Database Modeling: Rational Rose, Erwin4.0, Smart Draw, Power Designer
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- 24 X 7 Production database administration, support and monitoring to ensure a proactive problem recognition and resolution of database and applications issues.
- Installed, configured and monitored multi node Oracle 11g RAC.
- Converted a single instance database to Oracle RAC.
- Installed and configured Data Guard using physical and logical standby for high availability and reporting purpose.
- Data pump Export/Import and evaluating the Backup and Recovery Procedures periodically & performing backups using RMAN.
- Performance Monitoring and tuning using STATSPACK, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, and ADDM.
- Up gradation of Database from 9i to 10g, 9i to 11g, 10g to 11g and applying patches whenever required.
- Cross platform Migration of databases.
- Configuration, Modeling, Administration and tuning of Golden Gate.
- Oracle Streams Replication setup and Configuration.
- Developed scripts for cloning, monitoring, database backup and recovery.
- Experience in Identifying performance bottlenecks on high volume transaction systems.
- Experience on Data Modeling tools such as Erwin Data Model and ER Studio.
- Implemented different Partition methodologies to improve performance and manageability.
- Involved in creating Tables, Indexes, Triggers, Sequences, Procedures and Packages.
- Cloned Oracle Databases and Oracle applications for development and testing.
- Involved in Data modeling, Logical database design, physical database design, normalization and renormalization.
- Management of security, granting and revoking permissions to users/roles as and when required.
- Writing UNIX shell scripts for backup and recovery, Import and export procedure.
- Writing PL/SQL functions, procedures, packages and triggers.
- Partitioned large tables and created indexes to improve the performance.
- Working with QA and Development teams for the regular database support.
- Daily Health Check Up of the Databases and applications
- Monitoring Growth of tables and undertaking necessary steps for re-organization as and when required.
Environment: Oracle 11g RAC/10g RAC, 9i, Data Guard, UNIX Shell Scripting, SUN SOLARIS 10, AIX 6.1, 5.1 and RHEL 5, 4.
Confidential, Irving, Tx
- 24 X 7 Production Oracle database on call pager support and administration on managing large Oracle databases of different environments like RedHat Linux, HP-UX and AIX.
- Involved in the implementation of High Availability solutions Oracle 11g RAC with ASM.
- Good experience of 11g RAC srvctl, crsctl, ocrdump, ocrcheck and ocrconfig utilities.
- Performed converting single node instance to RAC and Adding instance to the existing 2 node RAC.
- Used Oracle Streams for data replication between oracle databases.
- Performance Tuning by using Oracle utilities like AWR, ADDM, Explain Plan, Statspack, Tkprof
- Experience with RMAN backup and recovery setup, tuning, and execution.
- Database Cloning and standby database creation using RMAN and manual method from Production to Test and Development environments.
- Planned and upgraded DB including patch updates (CPU/PSU), performance tuning using (AWR/ASH/ADDM), managed Oracle partitioning, Materialized views, cross platform migration of Oracle from Solaris to Linux, created linked Server between Oracle & Sql Server 2005.
- Production application migrations; database performance monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting; Partitioning and MViews support, database reorganization and defragmentation, physical database refresh and schema/table level refresh; database upgrades, apply patches, database; design, develop, and implement automated data backup and restoration procedures; Unix scripts to automate DB tasks, On call support.
- Maintained and setup streams for schema level propagation and SQL apply.
- SQL, PL/SQL Programming, Shell Scripting, Partitioning, Logical and Physical Database Design.
- Done the documentation of various database activities like upgradations, migrations, change control activities, partitioning of tables, performance tuning activities and provided on-site production support.
- Responsible for optimizing data access and performance by tuning indexes.
- Hands on experience in writing UNIX Shell Scripts for automating various database activities.
- Member of the Change Control Board group responsible for approving any changes to the Test/Pre-prod/Production environment which included product upgrades/patches/hot fix and database/server/network tuning.
Environment: Oracle 10g RAC/11g RAC, SQL, PL/SQL, RMAN, ASM, Data Pump, SQL*Loader, HP-UX 11.x, AIX 6.1, 5.1 and Redhat Linux 5.x, 4.x.
Confidential, Fort Wayne, IN
- Involved in 24x7 supports for Production database and applications with on-call pager.
- Installation and creation of 10g RAC and 9i databases for Testing, Development and Production.
- Major activities include logical and physical database design, capacity planning, performance tuning, database security, disaster recovery, installation and ongoing maintenance.
- Configured Disaster Recover and Logical standby for Production database in 10G.
- Tune databases performance, Schedule backup, jobs using OEM Grid Control.
- Involved optimizing database schemas, SQL queries, database procedures, and installation.
- Cloned/Refreshed Oracle Databases using RMAN for development and testing.
- Worked with Erwin, ER/Studio, Data Warehousing, Extract Transform and Load (ETL), Oracle Warehouse Builder, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Responsible for setting and managing user accounts, Granting required privileges, profiles to users, Auditing Users.
- Written shell scripts for digitization the process and for Startup and Shutdown, Health Check of Databases, Analyzing of Tables and Rebuilding of Indexes.
- Supported upgrades from oracle 9i to 10g, 9i/10g.
- Performed migration from 9i to 10g from AIX to Linux.
- Tuning SQL queries using AWR, ADDM, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL TRACE.
- Developed startup/shutdown guides, trouble shooting documents, root cause analysis documents.
- Worked on Data pump (Expdp / Impdp), Import / Export for logical database maintenance.
- Performing Backup/Recovery of all the Oracle databases using RMAN and also setup RMAN catalog for the same.
- Creating tablespaces sizing the system tablespace, allocating default tablespaces for users.
- Creating tables and indexes, sizing their extent, partitioning and so on.
- Creating users with restricted access, with default and temporary tablespaces.
- Developed database system build sheets, code review check lists, code promotion process documents, outage reporting documents.
- Resolving SQL tuning issues and Tuning Considerations for Different Applications.
- Monitoring the table growth, database growth, current users, and system resource usage and so on.
- Experience in SQL*Loader, loading data from text files.
- Performed scheduling of Change Control-activities and scheduling jobs.
- Performed Database Reorganization regularly to remove row migrations and fragmentation using export and import utilities. Write UNIX Shell Scripts to schedule these activities.
- Contact oracle meta link to resolve database issues and to raise SR’s.
Environment: Oracle 10g RAC/9i, ASM, Sun Solaris 9, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x, OEM, Explain Plan, Tkprof, SQL*LOADER.
Confidential, EL Paso, TX
- Responsible to provide 24 x 7 database administrative activities over different database servers.
- Configured and Administrated Physical Standby Data guard for high availability.
- Written and configured RMAN for cloning databases and also to backup production and development databases.
- Involved in the Design (Logical & Physical) of Databases.
- Involved in Installation, Upgrade from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g and Configuration of Oracle NET services.
- Extensive experience in Performance Tuning, Memory Tuning etc.
- Applied patches including both one-off patches using OPatch as well as patch sets.
- Refresh/Cloning of database and applications for development and testing purpose.
- Management of table space growth, database growth, monitoring data files additions, extent growth
- Partitioning strategies for very large tables. Partitioned large objects to improve the query performance and manageability
- Worked alongside programmers and database developers for contributing to the development processes.
- Enabled and analyzed trace files using TKPROF analysis and system wide event tracing.
- Configuration of TNSNAMES.ora, LISTENER.ora for SQL*NET connectivity and resolving connection problems.
- Written shell scripts and automated nightly jobs using crontab to schedule the backups, exports and refreshing databases from production.
- OS level Tuning and balancing I/O by monitoring file system and tablespace I/O statistics.
- Tuning SGA, I/O Tuning, Identifying database contention and the offending connections.
- Proactive monitoring of databases and applying RDBMS patches along with quarterly CPU updates.
- Monitored the background processes activity including trace files along with setting the appropriate number of DBWR processes along with init.ora configuration for the database.
- Assisted with the migration of database procedures and code from development to production instances by working extensively with the change management team.
- Involved in conducting training sessions for fellow DBAs in administering Oracle databases 10g technology.
Environment: Oracle 10g /9i, HP-UX, Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, OEM, Explain Plan, Tkprof, SQL*LOADER.
Jr. ORACLE DBA
- Installing, configuring and administering ORACLE 9i/8i on LINUX and Solaris.
- Worked in Development Support for Oracle based systems and Unix based Server environments
- Perform capacity planning required to create and maintain database environments.
- Partitioning strategies for very large tables. Partitioned large objects to improve the query performance and manageability.
- Planning Backup and Recovery Strategies for various database environments.
- Developed Recovery procedures that are applied for complete and incomplete recoveries depending on the type of failure.
- Created PL/SQL and shell scripts to automate batch jobs through crontab.
- Participated in Disaster Recovery Drills, documented database and application validation steps.
- Writing scripts for the system and database for the effective functionality and report generation.
- Applied High priority, security patches downloaded from Meta link.
- Generated scripts for daily maintenance activity like analyzing the tables/indexes, and monitoring their growth rate.
- Developing Hot, cold and logical backup scripts to automate the backup procedures.
- Upgraded databases from Oracle 8i to Oracle 9i.
- Monitoring Database for fragmentation and correcting them.
- Experienced with Space Management and Security.
- Management of table space growth, monitoring data files additions, extent growth
- Performed Database, OS and application tuning.
- Monitoring Growth of tables and undertaking necessary re-organization of database as and when required.
- Monitoring Scheduled jobs of the daily activities for the performance of all the databases.
- Prepare the documents of the process and knowledge transferring about the project to the new team members.
- Used Database export/import using exp and imp utilities to take logical backups.
- Performed Data loads using SQL loader utilities.
- Contact to the development team to solve the issues with the new enhancement releases.
- Performing all the Database Administration activity like space management in database, user and roles administration, schema management, checking alert log of all the databases.
Environment: Oracle 8i/9i, Linux, Solaris, Windows NT/2000, Toad.