- Over 7+ years experience as an Oracle Database Administrator in Production Support, Installation, Configuration, Database design, Upgrades, Backup & Recovery, Cloning, Auditing, Troubleshooting, and Documentation
- Oracle Database Administration in a variety of environments like HP - UX, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, RedHat Linux, Microsoft Windows
- Installation and Configuration of Oracle databases 11g/10g, 9i, 8i
- Experience in UNIX Shell Scripting for automating the DBA tasks i.e. Performance Monitoring of CPU, Disk and Memory usage, and File system monitoring.
- Good Experience in Hot/Cold Backups, and Cloning of Databases
- Good Knowledge of RMAN backups
- Good Knowledge terabytes, data migratio
- Experience in ASM, Flashback, Oracle Data Pump, RAC, Data Guard
- Proficient in using OEM 10g
- Familiar with Oracle steams
- Experience in Performance Tuning the applications and database proactively using STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM
- Experience in creating, managing and merging Partitioned Tables
- Experience in SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience in Database Security and Auditing
- Experience in forward and reverse engineering of Physical Data Model and Logical Data Model using Erwin
- Proficient in using OEM, TOAD, sqldeveloper
- Good Experience in loading data from flat files to database using external tables and SQL *Loader
- Experience in Partitioning Administration: creating, managing, pruning and merging the partitioned tables
- Experience in analytical and Troubleshooting skills and Problem solving,
- Experience in migration of databases from one OS to another
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills
- Strong Documentation, Analytical and Problem Solving skills
- Experienced in UNIX/Windows operating systems administration
- Team Player with an easy-going attitude
- Enthusiasm to learn new things
Operating Systems: HP-UX 10.x, 11.x SUN SOLARIS 2.5, 2.6, 8, 9, 10 AIX 5.1, 5.2, RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x WINDOWS 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista
RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Java
Tools: Utilities RMAN, OEM, SQL*Loader, expdp, impdp, TOAD, sqldeveloper
Tuning Tools: STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM, OEM
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
Environment: Oracle 10g, RedHat Linux 4.x, Solaris 10, HP-UX 11
- Installation and creation of 10g and 9i databases for Testing, Development and Production
- Creating and Managing Tablespaces with different block sizes to prevent row chaining
- Data Refresh from Production to Test and Development environments using RMAN Duplication
- Resolving Performance issues using OEM 10g Grid Control
- Backup and Recovery using RMAN
- Load balancing, Database/Schema/Table Re-Organization for faster performance using export/import & move procedures
- Daily Health Check Up of the Database using STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM
- Rebuilding of Indexes for better performance, maintenance of Oracle Database
- Taking periodic Backup of the Database and the software using RMAN
- Scheduled jobs using Oracle Job Scheduler
- Scripts for Cold Backup, Startup and Shutdown, Health Check of Databases, Analyzing of Tables and Rebuilding of Indexes
- Recovery of Database (Recovering from Media Failure, Recovering tables dropped accidentally, Recovering data files, Recovering from Block Corruption)
- Installation and configuration of Oracle Client software and Tools
- Monitoring and Optimizing Database Performance
- Created Scripts to query performance views to reduce parse times and tune memory structures such as the database buffer cache, shared pool, library cache and the PGA
- SQL scripts to monitor Table-spaces and Extent growth
- Familiar with Oracle steams
Confidential, Catoosa, OK
Environment: Oracle 10g/9i, RedHat Linux 4.x, IBM AIX
- Involved in 24x7 support for both Production and Development databases
- Installation, creation of 10g and 9i databases for Testing, Development and Production
- Performed Cloning/Refresh to setup Test and Development databases
- Installation and Maintenance of Standby database
- Upgrade and Migration of Database from 188.8.131.52 to 10.2.0.2 and applying patches when required
- Responsible for optimizing the queries and application tuning
- Partitioned large tables to increase the performance
- Creating and refreshing Materialized views
- Performance tuning of Oracle Database Objects by fixing row chaining
- Performed the daily Maintenance Tasks and Health Check of the Database
- Real-time Performance Monitoring using OEM 10g Grid Control
- Implemented Backup & Recovery procedures using RMAN, Hot/Cold Backups
- Continuous monitoring of the Database and troubleshooting the issues, if any
- Responsible for setting and managing user accounts, granting required privileges to users
- Continuous monitoring of database performance during peak and non-peak loads using STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM
Confidential, Springdale, AR
Senior Oracle DBA
Environment: Oracle 8i/9i Windows, UNIX/Linux, Erwin
- Installed Oracle 9i & applied patch set on development & production server.
- Configured RMAN for backup & recovery of existing instances on development & production servers.
- Planned and implemented archival, backup / recovery of databases. Oracle steams
- Export and Import of databases from one database to other databases.
- Fine tuned the memory & init.ora parameters for databases.
- Performed application, SQL, and database instance tuning using a wide range of technologies including Statspack, SQL Trace (Event 10046 trace files), OEM Performance Manager, and custom scripts.
- Installed and configured Oracle Servers on UNIX, Linux and Windows. Created development, test and production databases.
- Created storage structures and database objects. Performed database maintenance including tablespace management, tablespace sizing and resizing, creating and rebuilding indexes and large table management through partitioning and user tablespace quota management.
- Created tablespaces based on the OFA model. Implemented physical database design after sizing tables and indexes and creating tablespaces for proper account I/O load distribution.
- Executed file system, server based (RMAN) backups and logical (exp) backups. Executed complete and incomplete media recovery procedures (Time/Change/Cancel-based).
- Installed, configured and administered Standby Database. Cloned databases for testing.
- Loaded data from flat files to Oracle databases and migrated from older Oracle versions.
- Managed Users access control and security by creating appropriate roles and profiles.
- Implemented and configured Oracle Net and resolved connectivity issues.
- Contributed in Database Installations,
- Moving the database on the network 24 x 7 support on pager call duty,
- Troubleshooting and Problem resolution
- Exports/ Imports
- Hot and Cold Backups, Shell Scripting,
- DBA JOBS scheduling, monitoring and maintaining,
Confidential, Lawrenceville, GA
Environment: Oracle 8i, SQL, Shell Scripting, AIX-UNIX
- DBA activities including creation, management, startup and shutdown of Oracle databases, management of data files, redo log files, control files, tablespaces, segments, extents and data blocks & physical storage, creation, monitoring and management of database users, granting/revoking of system/object privileges, management of roles & resources and setting of init.ora parameters
- Performing Database design and data-modeling for a finance project using ERWin
- Responsible for Capacity Planning using OEM and Statspack
- Oracle upgrade from 8i to 9i by backing up 8i, installing 9i, using DBUA to migrate and then disabling 8i services
- Writing shell scripts for Alerts, Backup and monitoring
- Running shell scripts to create database from a template, to perform free space management and writing scripts to report space situations to the DBA
- Providing Remote Support for the Production Databases
- Creating databases using Optimal Flexible Architecture (OFA)
- Responsible for migration of data and implementing structural changes from development servers to production servers using Export, Import, Copy command and database links.
- Design and implemented history and summary tables with the concept of star schema.
- Write shell scripts using ksh whenever necessary.
- Done basic AS400 administration.
- Implemented Flash Copy implementation of the Device Copies Successfully for the Warehouse to the Data mart, which the Users eventually access.
- Scheduled backups/ maintenance on regular basis.
- Mentor role for developers.
- Tune the application and SQLs whenever needed.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Installed and configured Oracle RDBMS on UNIX and Windows environments.
- Responsible for administering and supporting production and development Oracle 9i Databases.
- Responsible for installing, upgrade and configuring the Oracle Server, Creating Databases, Storage Structures and Objects, Database Backup and Recovery, Monitoring and Optimizing Database Performance.
- Creating primary database Storage Structures (table spaces, rollback segments, etc).
- Cloned Environments to create Patch Test, Development and QA Environments.
- Applied patches using Opatch utility, keeping applications software bug free, and improving data integrity.
- Applied High priority, Security Patches downloaded from Metalink.
- Establish and Document Backup and Recovery strategies and procedures after evaluating various options including RMAN.
- Maintained all documents of Oracle Database operations. Prepared documentation of database backup and recovery standards.
- Developing, Testing and Implementing Sound Backup and Recovery Strategy.
- Developing Hot, cold and logical backup scripts to automate the backup procedures.
- Planning for storage spaces requirements and placing them for optimum I/O performance.
- Tuning the databases for optimal performance.
- Monitoring Growth of tables and undertaking necessary re-organization of database as and when required.
- Monitoring Scheduled jobs of the daily activities for the performance of all the databases
- Partitioning Tables by determining the suitable methodology to improve performance and manageability.
- Responsible for setting and managing user accounts, Granting required privileges to users.
- Prepare the documents of the process and knowledge transferring about the project to the new team members.
- Monitoring the Database storage and Day to Day activities.
- Configured Scripts to monitor activity with database.
- Partitioned large tables to increase the performance.
- Created PL/SQL procedures (jobs) to automate maintenance tasks.
- Performing all daily Maintenance tasks. Interacting with Oracle Customer service as and when required.
- Generated scripts for daily maintenance activity like analyzing tables/indexes, and monitoring their growth rate.
- Having systems administration experience managing enterprise application.
Environment: ORACLE 8i/9i/10gRAC, Red Hat Linux, SUN SOLARIS, IBM AIX OEM, RMAN, Tkprof, Windows NT, EXP, IMP.