- Over 11+ years of experience as an Oracle DBA in various domains to deliver new products, upgrades with Oracle Software 11g/10g/9i on Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux and Windows platforms.
- Experience in Configuring Single instance, Oracle Real Application Clusters(RAC) and Automatic Storage Management(ASM).
- Experienced in day - to-day DBA activities including schema management (creating users, synonyms, privileges, roles, quotas, tables, indexes, sequence), table space management (creating table space, rollback segment), monitoring (alert log, memory, disk I/O, CPU, database connectivity), scheduling jobs, UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Experience in Performance tuning of oracle databases using Oracle Grid Control, STATSPACK, and tuning of SQL scripts using SQL Trace and TKProf.
- Good exposure of Oracle DBA tasks like Installation, Patching, Cloning and Upgrade of Oracle Databases.
- Skilled in developing RMAN scripts for database back up including hot and cold backup options for both RAC and standalone instances.
- Excellent experience in various migration techniques like export/import, Datapump, backup restore, cloning, and data guard.
- Good experience in applying Critical Patch Update (CPU Patches) on Databases, Application Servers and Middle Tiers.
- Used ADDM (Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor) AWR (Automatic Workload Repository) for analyzing the database performance and tuning.
- Creation and maintenance of database Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's). Experience with OLTP and batch processing in a large data processing environment
- Migrated single instance databases to multimode 10g/11g RAC environment for high availability and load balancing.
- Experience in maintaining Oracle Data Guard & Standby Database and providing critical solution with strategic disaster recovery plans with different recovery procedures and methods.
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL coding, stored procedures, triggers, functions, packages, UNIX Shell Scripting, Partitioning, Indexes, ERWIN Data modeling, Logical and Physical database design.
- Management of schemas, objects, partitioning the tables, indexes, USERS and PRIVILEGES 10g OEM Grid Monitoring.
- Had a very good experience in migration of database from one platform to another..
- Performed Upgradation of database from 9i,10g to 11g databases.
- Experience with using of Flashback technology and FLASH RECOVERY AREA.
- Performed Performance tuning using OEM in single databases and GRID control in RAC environment.
- Installed and configured Golden Gate, Bi-Directional replication, resolving conflicts.
- Worked on Automatic Storage Management with SAN storage for managing data in EMC symmetric.
- Knowledge of Data Normalization and its normal forms.
- Strong experience in providing 24/7 support for corporate databases, timely resolution of tickets, and on-call rotation.
- Experience in understanding business requirements for analysis, detailed design, database design & development of applications. Worked with various projects in large enterprise projects.
Operating System: Red Hat Linux RHEL 2.1,3.x, 4.x, 5, Sun Solaris 9.0/10.0, and Windows 98/NT/2000/2003, HP-UX, IBM-AIX 5L.
Programming Languages: C, C++, PL/SQL, UNIX/NT Shell Scripting
Databases: ORACLE 7.x/8.x/9i/10gR2, RAC/11g/10g, MS SQL Server 2005
Terminal Emulation: Putty, Telnet, Cygwin
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM
Tools: & Utilities: RAC, OEM Grid Control, ESM, SQL Navigator, SQL* Loader, ASMSQL Server, Export/Import, RMAN, TOAD, Patch Management, SQLNET ODBC, Oracle Streams, Data pump, Data Guard, VMware
Methodologies: ER-Diagrams, UML, TOAD
Confidential, Albany, NY
- Complete support ofOracleRAC OEL 5 with ASM (Installation, Patching, Upgrade, support) Oracle Exadata.
- Database Installation, Upgradation, migration, standby Database, RMAN and Database cloning, Installation of JVM.
- ApplyingOraclePatch with OPatch utility.
- OEM admin with SSO setup (Bigip)
- Capacity planning based on DB growth trend analysis.
- Migration, user and responsibility related regular work.
- Customizing and troubleshooting the shell scripts for performance monitoring and backup schedules.
- Creation of databases, users and data load using SQL*Loader.
- Scheduling the database health reports and gathering schema statistics.
- Database Migration from Sun OS to Linux OS.
- Database Upgrade from 9i to 10g, 11g.
- Setting up Disaster recovery databases using Data guard or standby databases.
- Monitoring Backups, file system usage and other database space related things as routine work.
- Database maintenance plan management like scheduling stats collection.
- Maintaining reporting instance daily refreshes.
- Database Software Installation and Configuration Management.
- OracleTAR management.
- Security and Vendor alert management.
- Database and Applications Patching.
- Critical events SLA management and first response.
- SQL and Shell scripting for simpleDBAactivities.
- Participate in Customer review meetings.
Environment: -Oracle9i, 10g/11g RAC, Dataguard, Unix Sun Solaris 9,10, RH Linux 4.0, 4.3 and 5.0, RMAN, Enterprise Manager, Toad.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Monitoring System Resources, understanding and troubleshooting Database issues in Production Environment.
- Organizing Oracle Database operations, installation, creation, configuration, laying out database tables and database schema design, startup and shutdown of Databases
- Setting init.ora parameters, maintaining Data Files, Control Files, Redo Log Files, managing Tablespaces, segments, extents, indexes and managing Undo Data.
- Carrying out EXPORT and IMPORT operations on Oracle Database, and monitoring the performance of the database using of OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager).
- Upgrading from Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g database.
- Install and configure Database as of Oracle’s Optimal Flexible Architecture (OFA).
- Mentored and provided oversight and backup for the production Databases.
- Supported Test Databases for testing and research work.
- Worked on the RAC environment for the high availability managed by ASM.
- Served as Oracle DBA in a 24x7 Production environment managing several Database instances.
- Used Flashback feature to recover a dropped table and also to recover a database.
- Performed a proof-of-concept of Oracle10g and Oracle11g databases on single RAC Cluster 11g.
- Involved in Capacity planning meetings & operations.
- Automating the daily routine activities backups using the DBMS JOBS, DBMS SCHEDULER.
- Monitoring of the queries with high response time and high disk reads per execution (Top SQL) and tuning the same using TKPROF, Explain plan, Auto trace.
- Performed RMAN backup and also developed backup strategies using incremental and cumulative backup methods.
- Used Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) for analyzing the database performance.
- Use TOAD to Optimize and test SQLs, PL-SQL statements developed by the Development Team.
- Perform User Management, creation, monitoring and management of database users, altering passwords of users and granting and revoking system/object privileges, roles, auditing user actions in the database.
- Implemented Change Control process for the Production Databases as and when required.
- Communicated with Oracle support via the Metalink in order to troubleshoot important issues.
- Performed policies on data confidentiality, integrity, availability and auditability based on access controls for access to data at the database level.
ENVIRONMENT: Oracle 10g and 11g, Sun Solaris 9, Windows 2008, Oracle Enterprise Manager - OEM (for monitoring the database), SQL Navigator.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Creation of the Development, Test and Production Oracle 9i databases.
- Part of Migration team from 8i/9i test databases to 10g, my role was to test the migrated database in different scenarios with different loads, test different new features of 10g and how can we take advantage of those new features.
- Setting up and configuration of database with 10g in RAC environment with data guard.
- Worked in backup team and was responsible for configuration and implementation of backup strategies using RMAN and Data Guard in RAC environment.
- Team member of Strategic planning team was responsible for Developing backup and recovery strategy, database tuning strategies, capacity planning etc.
- Cloning of production database to the test environment using Recovery Manager (RMAN).
- Database Administration & Planning including logical design, physical design, backup & recovery.
- Managing Application user profiles and managing concurrent managers, concurrent processing, load balancing etc.
- Setting Oracle Streams for bi-directional replication between two databases. Worked with application developers on setting of 9i advanced queuing for data transfer between various applications.
- Extraction of data from different flat files into Oracle Database using SQL*Loader and automated the process by using UNIX Shell scripting.
- Daily DBA activities like Tuning of SQL/PLSQL, Performance Tuning, Database auditing and managing user groups, Database security, OS space monitoring etc.
- Export and Import of database objects to copy from one database to another database as well as copy the export dump file to tape that can act as a backup.
- Used UNIX shell programs & CRON jobs for automating the process of refresh of data periodically.
- Documentation of Data Base Setup and administration of Server Environment.
Environment: Oracle 8.1/ 9.2.0/ 10.1/11 , SOLARIS 8/9, AIX 5L, SQL, PL/SQL, Putty, TKPROF, Designer 2000/6i, Erwin Tools 4.5, TOAD 7.6, SQL*Loader, TDP 5.2, Legato Media Manager, RMAN, RAC, 9i Advanced Queuing.
- Installed and configured oracle 10g and 11g databases on Linux.
- Performed upgrade of oracle database from 10g to Oracle 11g with Oracle Database Upgrade Assistant (DBUA) in development, test and production environment.
- Performed HOT backup and COLD backup using scripts and RMAN and also developed backup strategies using incremental and cumulative backup methods.
- Performed patching on Oracle Database Server 10g and 11g using Opatch utility.
- Applied security patches both client and server side and performed testing.
- Installed and configured 4 node RAC along with the ASM.
- Done migration of databases from one platform to another platform.
- Configured Oracle Dataguard for the sake of high availability.
- Worked on database design, creation and configuration, space management and other database maintenance procedures in a multiple oracle production and development environments.
- Perform Daily Monitoring of Oracle instances using Oracle Enterprise Manager / Grid Control to monitor users, tablespaces, memory structures, rollback segments, logs, and alerts.
- Performed data loading from CSV/flat files using scripts and SQL Loader.
- Developed automated scripts for database creation and builds.
- Monitored database Performance using AWR, ADDM, SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Analyze, TKPROF, STATSPACK and tuning parameters for optimization of system performance.
- Supported Automatic Storage Management (ASM) database and performed migration of normal database to ASM database using RMAN.
- Creating batch files and automating the tasks.
- Granting roles and privileges to end users as per the requirement.
- Scheduled various job using UNIX Crontab utility.
- Worked on conventional import/export and Datapump utility.
- Configured and maintained Oracle Data Guard for Disaster Recovery environment using physical standby database.
- Performed cloning of the database using the RMAN utility.
- Done Installation and configuration of golden gate on 11g database for the replication.
- Implemented Bi-Directional replication in golden gate from target to source and source to target.
- Resolving the conflicts between the target and source database.
- Configuring parameters for DDL support in golden gate replication.
- Responsible for database Backups and Recovery, maintain 24 hours uptime for the database.
ENVIRONMENT: Oracle 10g/11g RAC, SQL Loader, Windows 2008, Sun Solaris 10, FTP, putty, OEM Programming Language/Tools: TOAD, PL/SQL
- Database monitoring and performance tuning using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) and STATSPACK.
- Installation, Maintenance and administration of Oracle 10g on Red hat Linux.
- Implemented Data guard and administered the production database.
- Installed Oracle 10g RAC database on RHEL and applied all current patches
- Responsible for maintaining Oracle 10.1.0.2 using SRVCTL, Oracle Enterprise Manager, maintaining Oracle Clusterware using CRSCTL.
- Responsible to schedule backups through RMAN.
- Database Restore using RMAN, Cold Backup and Export/Import.
- Used Flashback table to restore tables which is a new feature of Oracle 10g.
- Performance Tuning i.e. Tuning RAC, tuning applications, shared pool, I/O distribution, rollback segments, buffer cache, redo mechanisms
- Extensive application tuning through STATSPACK, explain plan, SQL*Trace.
- Maintained multiple terabyte databases on oracle.
- Cloned the production database periodically to the testing databases through SQL backtrack.
- Monitored the Oracle Streams topology and performance.
- Used EM on Oracle 10g for diagnostic summary, host CPU utilization, finding wait events, alert Log errors etc.
- On-Call 24x7 DBA support for production databases.
- Extensively used SQL Queries (Sub queries, correlated sub queries and Join conditions) to handle data mapping.
Environment: IBM AIX 5.3, RHEL, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, Exceed 6.2, Oracle Enterprise Manager 9.2.0/10g, Quest Software (5.0), VERITAS Cluster, RMAN.
- Developed and modified PL/SQL code to make new enhancements or resolve problems as per customer requirements.
- Involvement in all phases of the project life cycle.
- Involved in optimization of various SQL and PL/SQL using Explain plan and TKPROF.
- Involved in creation and modification of different PL/SQL objects like packages, stored procedures and triggers.
- Made use of reference cursors in stored procedures for report generation.
- Co-ordinated with system administrators, application developers for various activities.
- Involved in optimizing SQL statements using indexes and hints.
- Created complex analytical using Inline view, Lexical parameters with oracle reports in 9i.
Environment: Oracle 9i, PLSQL, TOAD, SQL PLUS, HP-UX 11.0